IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Rockets Get:
Rip Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
The Ratliff(S&T)

Pistons Get:
T-Mac

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=532~294~530&teams=8~10~10&te=&cash=

It works out financially as well. I would guess Theo would be getting around $3.

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Think abt it, you guys give your franchise to Yao Ming, which you should.

Jpripper88
07-20-2008, 12:22 AM
No. Basically all that does is downgrade from McGrady to Hamilton and add a PF who would be a backup (when we already have a fine backup) and a backup C that is not as good as the one we will have (Mutombo). There is no incentive. If it was Hamilton and Billups/Wallace then yes, but otherwise no because the only other piece that makes sense is Rodney Stuckey with Hamilton and they wouldn't do that.

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 03:27 AM
How bout NO........................

ARMIN12NBA
07-20-2008, 03:38 AM
The deal would have to be:

Pistons get:
Tracy Mcgrady

Houston gets:
Chauncey Billups
Tayshaun Prince

This deal works for both sides. The Pistons get a better replacement for Prince in the starting lineup in McGrady and Billups leaving allows Stuckey to take over the starting job. Houston gets better and deeper with Billups as the starter and Alston backing him up as well as Prince starting and Battier backing him up. Both teams benefit.

What does everyone think?

BTW, it works on the Trade Machine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...10&te=& cash=

IversonIsKrazy
07-20-2008, 03:39 AM
How abt this then.

Pistons Get:
T-Mac

Rockets Get:
Rip Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
THeo Ratliff(S&T)
Lindsey Hunter
Future Pick

IversonIsKrazy
07-20-2008, 03:40 AM
The reason why we dont wanna give up tashawn & billups is so that we can give those 2 guys up 4 denver 4 AI. so we have AI/T-Mac/Sheed trio.

goku
07-20-2008, 03:56 AM
no no no no no no no no no no no

ARMIN12NBA
07-20-2008, 03:58 AM
no no no no no no no no no no no

You don't even like this:

Pistons get:
Tracy Mcgrady

Houston gets:
Chauncey Billups
Tayshaun Prince

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm so sick of all the trade threads! It's not that hard to put it in one of the MANY tread threads we already have! In fact.... isn't there already AT LEAST one or two trade threads talking about T-Mac and Detroit?!?

Dear 90% of the posters on the Rockets' forums,

You people are complete noobs and I hate you.

Love, MBT

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 04:19 AM
You don't even like this:

Pistons get:
Tracy Mcgrady

Houston gets:
Chauncey Billups
Tayshaun Prince

And if you do this stupid trade, who in the hell plays SG? Use your head people! If you're going to talk trades that will never happen, actually think about why we would want to make the damn trade in the first place!

G2BOAT
07-20-2008, 04:23 AM
These T-Mac trades are getting way out of control. Everyday there's a thread about, "how about this for T-Mac" ****in a T-Mac isn't going anywhere.

ARMIN12NBA
07-20-2008, 04:28 AM
And if you do this stupid trade, who in the hell plays SG? Use your head people! If you're going to talk trades that will never happen, actually think about why we would want to make the damn trade in the first place!

Chauncey Billups/Rafer Alston/Bobby Jackson
Luther Head/Brent Barry/MLE signing
Tayshaun Prince/Shane Battier
Luis Scola/Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutombo/BAE Signing

How do you not like this depth chart? Extremely good defensively as well as a deep bench. Alston, Battier, and Landry are all guys who can start in this league and they will be coming off the Rockets bench. Plus, Billups and Prince are extremely good offensively and Billups is known as Mr. Big Shot so you know he is showing up in the playoffs. Also, Billups shoots 40% from three and Prince shoots 36% from three unlike Tracy McGrady who shoots 29% from three (and still shoots about 300 of them :mad: ). This will create more floor spacing for Yao Ming to operate in the post.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 04:34 AM

How do you not like this depth chart? Extremely good defensively as well as a deep bench. Alston, Battier, and Landry are all guys who can start in this league and they will be coming off the Rockets bench. Plus, Billups and Prince are extremely good offensively and Billups is known as Mr. Big Shot so you know he is showing up in the playoffs. Also, Billups shoots 40% from three and Prince shoots 36% from three unlike Tracy McGrady who shoots 29% from three (and still shoots about 300 of them :mad: ). This will create more floor spacing for Yao Ming to operate in the post.

Are you really that dense? Did you even see what I wrote in my previous post? WHO PLAYS SG? Luther Head..... are you kidding? Have you ever even watched a Rockets' game in the last year.... he's horrible! I think most of us don't even think he's fit to be in the rotation period, much less being the starting SG!

Why would we put two of our best players on the bench to do a trade for players we don't even need? Battier = Prince. Billups > Alston, but his contract will rape us over the next 4 years and he's only going to get worse, while Alston's is completely reasonable and fair and he plays solid defense as well.

Your trade makes no sense.... Epic Fail.

G2BOAT
07-20-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm so sick of all the trade threads! It's not that hard to put it in one of the MANY tread threads we already have! In fact.... isn't there already AT LEAST one or two trade threads talking about T-Mac and Detroit?!?

Love, MBT

Dang I guess you beat me to it about the T-Mac threads.

LakerzDQ
07-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Are you really that dense? Did you even see what I wrote in my previous post? WHO PLAYS SG? Luther Head..... are you kidding? Have you ever even watched a Rockets' game in the last year.... he's horrible! I think most of us don't even think he's fit to be in the rotation period, much less being the starting SG!

Why would we put two of our best players on the bench to do a trade for players we don't even need? Battier = Prince. Billups > Alston, but his contract will rape us over the next 4 years and he's only going to get worse, while Alston's is completely reasonable and fair and he plays solid defense as well.

Your trade makes no sense.... Epic Fail.

can't battier play SG?

I mean, he's good enough to defend SG's, and he has the range of the 3-point line, so...

Billups
Battier
Prince
Scola
Ming

heck, that's a damn good defensive team. Billups, Battier, Prince are all-NBA defensive players, and Scola is a good defensive player, Yao Ming is... decent. at least he can block a couple of shots.

I wouldn't recommend it for the Rockets though. it's a great deal for the pistons.

Stuckey
Hamilton
McGrady
McDyess
Wallace.

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Rockets Get:
Rip Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
The Ratliff(S&T)

Pistons Get:
T-Mac

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=532~294~530&teams=8~10~10&te=&cash=

It works out financially as well. I would guess Theo would be getting around $3.

No, but maybe trading T-mac for Melo would be ok.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 11:51 AM
can't battier play SG?

I mean, he's good enough to defend SG's, and he has the range of the 3-point line, so...

Billups
Battier
Prince
Scola
Ming

heck, that's a damn good defensive team. Billups, Battier, Prince are all-NBA defensive players, and Scola is a good defensive player, Yao Ming is... decent. at least he can block a couple of shots.

Yeah... but that team will have serious offensive struggles and its not as if we're struggling defensively, so I don't see why we make that trade.

Astros BLT
07-20-2008, 01:46 PM

You want Luther Head to start at SG??? That would be a major downgrade for sure, the only way I would want the Rockets to do this trade is if Rip is involved in it. The Piston keep mentioning Prince and Billups only but if no RIP then I think the trade is pointless. Shane and Tay on the same team does not work.

Jay22Redd
07-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Love, MBT

same here

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 02:21 PM
We have a trade thread so we should use it. And the Detroit and Houston trade scenarios have been talked to death already.