PDA

View Full Version : JR anyone?

grega1976
07-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I think JR Smith would be a great off the bench scoring option for this team.. The guy can shoot and is not afraid to take it to the rim.. I love his offensive game (his D sucks).
Last year he shot 46% fg and over 40% 3pt
He is a RFA but I would be willing to give up a large chunk of the MLE, if not all of it, to get him. Especially with Landry's reluctance to have a MRI..

astrosmaniac
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
the nuggets will just match easily

TMAC94
07-20-2008, 02:38 AM
id do it, who cares if nuggets offer it, doesnt he have a say about where he wants too play?

Jay22Redd
07-20-2008, 02:52 AM
were would he play? He's a two

T-Mac/Barry
Battier/Greene

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 03:24 AM
we should have taken him over Kirk snyder in that trade with NO a couple years back

TMAC94
07-20-2008, 03:28 AM
^^ true dat

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 04:13 AM
id do it, who cares if nuggets offer it, doesnt he have a say about where he wants too play?

No, he doesn't actually. He's a restricted free agent, meaning that no matter how much we offer him, as long as they match it he isn't going anywhere. The reason no one's interested in him is that they know they don't have a chance in hell to sign him. Since they just dropped Camby, they've got a lot more space left and they'll easily match any reasonable offer, unless some stupid team completely overpays for him (if only the Knicks had cap space or Al Davis owned an NBA team).

grega1976
07-20-2008, 10:15 AM
No, he doesn't actually. He's a restricted free agent, meaning that no matter how much we offer him, as long as they match it he isn't going anywhere. The reason no one's interested in him is that they know they don't have a chance in hell to sign him. Since they just dropped Camby, they've got a lot more space left and they'll easily match any reasonable offer, unless some stupid team completely overpays for him (if only the Knicks had cap space or Al Davis owned an NBA team).

they probably would match, but think about it this way. If you make a full MLE offer and Den matches than that is that much more you're making Denver spend.. Plus while I think they would match I'm not entirely sure.. They haven't even started talking long term contract with JR, I'm not so sure he fits in their plan.. as far as where he'd play, umm the two. It's not like we're stacked at that position we have Tmac and Barry. I guarantee you we could find minutes for someone who can score like him.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
they probably would match, but think about it this way. If you make a full MLE offer and Den matches than that is that much more you're making Denver spend.. Plus while I think they would match I'm not entirely sure.. They haven't even started talking long term contract with JR, I'm not so sure he fits in their plan.. as far as where he'd play, umm the two. It's not like we're stacked at that position we have Tmac and Barry. I guarantee you we could find minutes for someone who can score like him.

Yeah, I actually really like Smith and think we could definitely find him some minutes on this team. He's kind of a streaky shooter and he doesn't play a lick of defense, but as a bench scorer he's amazing. He's the kind of guy who can get you 20 off the bench every now and then and light it up from behind the arc when the rest of your team can't hit a shot to save their lives. All that being said, even if we offer the full MLE, I'd be willing to bet that Denver and other clubs would be willing to match as well.

I don't think it matters, because I don't think Morey is interested in Smith and he doesn't seem like the kind of player we would go after.

astrosmaniac
07-20-2008, 02:46 PM
plus if JR reall wants more money/ play somewhere else, hell just sign the QO and become unrestricted next year

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 04:44 PM
plus if JR reall wants more money/ play somewhere else, hell just sign the QO and become unrestricted next year

If he does this he still wont get a much bigger contract the free agents next year will be much better than this year.