PDA

View Full Version : Trading with the Red Sox

douglyMichael
07-19-2008, 10:04 PM
The Red Sox, Olney says, would probably love to land Sherrill and have prospects to offer, but isn't sure the O's would trade with a division rival.
MLBTR (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/olneys-latest-1.html)

2B/SS Lowrie & 1B Anderson would be my price for Sherrill. Seems his value is quite high right about now. I'd still be looking to acquire Escobar, Andrus, or Brignac for SS as I see Lowrie more as a 2B.

ThreeIfBaerga
07-19-2008, 10:25 PM
An offensive middle infielder and a top 20 prospect in baseball for a guy who should be a middle reliever? Yeah good luck with that. No chance in hell they'd get two top 50 prospects in baseball for Sherrill.

Driven
07-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't mind trading him to the Sox. He's a closer, AT Best. More likely a left handed middle reliever. It's not like that's going to make a huge difference. And if we can get good value for him, go for it.

JHG722
07-19-2008, 11:33 PM
An offensive middle infielder and a top 20 prospect in baseball for a guy who should be a middle reliever? Yeah good luck with that. No chance in hell they'd get two top 50 prospects in baseball for Sherrill.

Yeah, I think that's funny too :laugh2:

bigity b
07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I didnt think teams dealt with other inter-division teams. The red sox do have a nice farm system though and I wouldnt mind getting my hands on some their pro-ball ready prospects.