PDA

View Full Version : why do people like the lakers so much?

RaptorsFanCB4
07-19-2008, 07:30 PM
why are there so much lakers fans are why do so many of them like them so much?

Leftcoast_yg
07-19-2008, 07:31 PM
cuz they are the best team to root for in the NBA and plus they have kobe pretty simple

RaptorsFanCB4
07-19-2008, 07:32 PM
no ur crazy the celtics are the best team to root.

Leftcoast_yg
07-19-2008, 07:41 PM

well you better buckle up for the wagon cuz it says on your screen name you are a raptors fan

BleedPurple
07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
When I was 7 years old my mother bought me a Lakers hat, 19 years later here Iam ,only with a different Lakers hat.I remember we couldnt afford cable so I use to have to look at the newspaper to see how we were doing,usually 2 days after the game since the games always ran late since Im on the east coast. But anyway thats why I like the Lakers.

avsman05
07-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Tradition look at the past team kareem magic kobe shaq. I hate em but they have a lot of backing because they have been around and have had such a good team for so long.

phlp_bj
07-19-2008, 07:54 PM
who wouldnt like kobe, pau and bynum on the same team?

black1605
07-19-2008, 07:55 PM
they have a lot oh history, it's a huge market, they have the best player of this generation, and they have a young talented team that is exciting to watch

not that hard to understand

yojoe792
07-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Past, Current, Future success.

tonyd3b54
07-19-2008, 07:57 PM
if uve looked around alot of people hate the lakers...

*Superman*
07-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Kobe. Even though i don't like them or anything, Kobe is just amazing.

ink
07-19-2008, 08:01 PM
^Definitely not Kobe for me. It's Lakers history, just like Celtics or Bulls history. They're a great franchise who've carved out some of the best moments in NBA history.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Anyone who was born in the L.A. area it should be a no brainer. Unless something went really wrong and you somehow became a Clipper fan. People from out of this area probably like the past and present success they always have. They dont go through long dry periods. They are always in the playoffs and have had a lot of success. It its a weird question to ask. A better question is why arent there more Laker fans?

Chi-Town Finest
07-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Its not so much the Lakers as it is the Laker Girls!!!!!!!!!!!

hockeypro68
07-19-2008, 08:13 PM
1 word: bandwagon.

spurhead
07-19-2008, 08:15 PM
bcuz oftheir history...
in the 80s the lakers were dominant and probably the only great team in the west coast . generations pass by and are still keeping the tradition of being laker fans . jus like the raiders, since they use to be so goood .
history and location since both teams are in the west coast .

Voodoo Alchemy
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
12,000,000 people live in LA. Around 100 Lakers fans in PSD at any given moment. I slept through Calculus but isn't that something like .00012 of 1%?

Those numbers constitute people loving the Lakers?

In my book, you have a better chance of getting hit by a meteorite on your way to collecting your lottery winnings.

kntresistheheat
07-19-2008, 08:31 PM
The Miami Heat girls are the best in the league, our latin chick's kills dem white girls!...lol Anyways back to the question, Everyone likes a superstar and big market teams (Chicago, NewYork, Lakers, ect) With the eception of newyork since they have been doing so bad but always had big names and chicago of course with the jordan and pippen era done they still have great fans and everyone is waiting to see if they would be another jordan or someone close to him arrive??? The lakers with all the movie stars and history and also the big names playing (magic,kareem,worthy,kobe,shaq,west ect) There alway's are going to be in peoples mind because everyone watched them growing up they have the most history even before your favorite team had arrived, I know I growing up watched they bulls and lakers all the time and the knicks! And of course we cant forget about the LA.STORIES, which LA is full of drama that's always exiciting!:D

Its not so much the Lakers as it is the Laker Girls!!!!!!!!!!!

lakerboy
07-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Two reasons.

A. I was born in LA :)

B. When I was a kid, whenever I'd play NBA Live, I'd always use LA (pre-Kobe/Shaq era).

sevanseven
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
they entertain when they play ball. a lot of the times, they have at least one of the top players in the league. in a way, they resemble the yankee's in the nba. i love my chicago bulls, but when they had an off day, i would often be watching the lakers or the hornets.

vandoc
07-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Growing up in Vancouver, we never had a team before the Grizzlies so I had to root for another team since I was a basketball junkie. By the time we got a team, I was too old to change my loyalties. Watching Magic, Kareem, Scott, Green, Worthy, Cooper & company was always an amazing experience. It was a team that, regardless of the point difference, I never felt were ever out of a game. They had a winning attitude and the championship rings to back it up. Pat Riley made coaches important since he was well-dressed and commanded the respect of 3 superstars (Magic, Kareem, Worthy) while keeping the team united. Very few coaches can publicly state that his team will win back-to-back (before it became common) and have his team make sure they live upto their coaches words. Then, there was a dip in calibre after Magic retired but I still followed the team religiously through what I term the "sedale threatt era". Once Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones and Cedric Ceballos injected energy into the team in the mid-90s, it was a fun team to watch again. The Shaq-Kobe era brought us back to prominence.
I am proud to be a Lakers fan and its winning tradition.

ARMIN12NBA
07-19-2008, 09:22 PM

1) There are just as many haters as there are fans (jealousy, basically).

2) The Lakers fans like the Lakers so much because they are fans...what don't you get about fans?

3) There are so many fans because of its long-standing history and tradition. The Lakers have been around for 60 years and that is basically the same amount of the actual NBA (not BAA or ABL). The Lakers won the championship in their first year in the league! And went on to win 5 of the first 6 championships while they were in the league. Then Mikan retired and the Lakers lost a lot of Finals in a row, which brought up the idea of a curse, but the Lakers finally won in 72. In the 80s, the Lakers were the most dominant team, winning 5 of 10 championships and making it to 8 of 10 Finals. Then, of course, there was the three-peat in 2000-2002. Also, here is a fact, the Lakers have made the playoffs in 55 of their 60 years. They rarely ever make it to the lottery (they mostly get there by trades) and when they do, they do pretty well (Magic, Worthy, Mikan, West, Baylor, Bynum). The Lakers are a winning franchise and anybody would be lucky to be a fan of the Lakers because of their consistent success.

dre1990
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM

17 HOF ( including Shaq and KB24)
been to 29 finals
won 14
most all time wins
5 mvp's
Allot of people live in So Cal
just went to the finals

who's ur favorite team

G-Funk
07-19-2008, 09:52 PM
if uve looked around alot of people hate the lakers...

It's lonely at the top.

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Great history, good team now, bright future.

G-Funk
07-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Lakers also have more HOF's under top 50.

Lakers are:

#1 one in Conforence finals.
#1 in Division titles.
#1 Playoff apearenses.
#1 in 1st conforence seeds.
#1 in Highest winning percentage.
#1 in total wins.

Lakers stay intact While Celtics are relevant every 15-20 years.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2008, 10:06 PM
The Miami Heat girls are the best in the league, our latin chick's kills dem white girls!...lol

amen:clap::D

USMCLaker
07-20-2008, 12:03 AM
The Miami Heat girls are the best in the league, our latin chick's kills dem white girls!...lol Anyways back to the question, Everyone likes a superstar and big market teams (Chicago, NewYork, Lakers, ect) With the eception of newyork since they have been doing so bad but always had big names and chicago of course with the jordan and pippen era done they still have great fans and everyone is waiting to see if they would be another jordan or someone close to him arrive??? The lakers with all the movie stars and history and also the big names playing (magic,kareem,worthy,kobe,shaq,west ect) There alway's are going to be in peoples mind because everyone watched them growing up they have the most history even before your favorite team had arrived, I know I growing up watched they bulls and lakers all the time and the knicks! And of course we cant forget about the LA.STORIES, which LA is full of drama that's always exiciting!:D

Man, I agree with you on the Laker vs Heat girls. I don't understand how the Laker girls selection process works, it makes no sense. Our current day Laker girls are at best average looking, which is confusing because we have wall to wall hotties in this city. And right now the Heat dancers and the Suns girls are by far the hottest in the league, oh the Knicks chicks.

USMCLaker
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
As far as love for the Lakers one word, ownership. If it wasn't for our ownership and former GM, Mr. logo we would not have had the history that we have.

Kyle N.
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM

Yep.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM
It's lonely at the top.

when did the celtics confess this?

PHX-SOXFAN
07-20-2008, 12:13 AM

pretty much. just look at people who are fans of the lakers, yankees, and cowboys for instance. where is there loyalty? how did they become fans? it's pretty obvious.

Theanswer76
07-20-2008, 12:14 AM
basicaly Kobe. If kobe leaves, laker fans leave.

Spurred1
07-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Well, not everyone likes them, but they do have a huge number of fans due to their history. I prefer the Spurs myself, but I get WHY people like the Lakers so much. While part of it is Kobe, the Lakers had masses of fans before he ever came along.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Laker's are the most loved, and the most hated.

boston08champs
07-20-2008, 12:24 AM
kobes king

boston08champs
07-20-2008, 12:26 AM
it's all because of KOBEE

cmellofan15
07-20-2008, 12:45 AM
i was wondering y people hated the lakers so much and y people post threads like this

LakerzDQ
07-20-2008, 05:12 AM
it's just a huge market. LA is a huge team. And since the Lakers have won fairly consistently over the last few decades, the fanbase just keeps growing.

If the Knicks and Celtics have been able to keep winning at a constant rate, they'd have as much fans as well.

it also helps that recently a lot of Kobe lovers have jumped aboard.

DayZ
07-20-2008, 07:10 AM
besides houston rockets they have the second biggest fan base in the world

personally i started getting into nba around 2000 so i grew to love lakers then

i wasnt alive around the magic and kareem days

KB24PG16
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
its like saying why do people like the cowboys

horry1ur
07-20-2008, 06:58 PM

No thats only Boston Celtics:)

ink
07-20-2008, 09:26 PM
This doesn't apply to all L.A. basketball fans, but the truth is that a lot of Lakers fans are young and difficult to reason with on a forum, so people start to wrongly say that all Laker fans are bad. There are lot of Lakers fans who would agree with this.

CowboysKB24
07-20-2008, 09:51 PM

1. Los Angeles California
2. History of the franchise
3. Kobe Bryant

CowboysKB24
07-20-2008, 09:52 PM
This doesn't apply to all L.A. basketball fans, but the truth is that a lot of Lakers fans are young and difficult to reason with on a forum, so people start to wrongly say that all Laker fans are bad. There are lot of Lakers fans who would agree with this.

Most young people like the teams that are good. The Lakers were really good for a few years and now are good again.

ee
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM

They're in the Major Market, they have the best player in the league and the franchise has almost half of the leagues NBA titles......They're an historic franchise from West, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, Jabar, Cooper, Rambis, and so on....oh don't forget Shaq......those are some marquee names that made the NBA known worldwide.....Those names makes players like Gasol, Odom seems nothing.....

kobe2008mvp
07-20-2008, 10:39 PM
sure part of it was kobe bryant but kobe hasn't always played since the nba started and there were still alot of lakers fans.plus we have the second most championships and because we love l.a. and by the way about 75% of the laker fans are probably loyal so ****** all you people who say were bandwagon fans. by the way banner number 15 will be coming down this upcoming year quote me on that.

kobe2008mvp
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
how does being in a major maket help the lakers. i bet you if the grizzles would have had the same success they would probably have the same amount of fans.lol!

kobe2008mvp
07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
you may choose who ever you want but i think its the lakers and celtics...but mostly the lakers in part because of kobe.:clap:

phillyphan4ever
07-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Spurs

GspLAL
07-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Wizards now :D

urban legend
07-20-2008, 10:57 PM
lakers because of thier history of winning and getting players people wanted thier teams to get. Or the Spurs/Pistons because of thier unbeliavble boring play...no excitment at all in 85-79 game

GspLAL
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
What is it, 55 out of 60 seasons made the playoffs? That plus the hollywood spotlight makes them stand out.

dre1990
07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Lakers

ink
07-20-2008, 11:25 PM
you may choose who ever you want but i think its the lakers and celtics...but mostly the lakers in part because of kobe.:clap:

This thread is unnecessary. It could easily be part of this thread. We don't need any bashing or hate about any teams - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/announcement.php?f=41

ee
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM
how does being in a major maket help the lakers. i bet you if the grizzles would have had the same success they would probably have the same amount of fans.lol!

uhh, what??? Being in the major market gets them the right exposure they need to be known around the world.....Winning is just a small part of it but if you're team is advertised the right way, it'll pull way more ratings......San Antonio wins every season but doesn't pull as much ratings, Cavaliers have Lebron but managed to pull a record low finals ratings......I bet you more people know the Knicks, as much as they struggle, their media exposure is way more than teams like Utah or New Orleans....

back in the early 90's I was in the Philippines, I was 12 years old and only knew 4 teams, it's the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics......

Jay22Redd
07-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Great History