PDA

View Full Version : Stop comparing Kobe to Jordan until Kobe's career is over.

FNM BOY
07-19-2008, 04:50 PM
I hate when people get overly emotional and caught up in they hype of how "great" Kobe is and make foolish suggestions that he is better than Jordan. Nonesense...my my my how quick do we forget....Brief summary...

Jordan went to a very weak team at the time, and got his but beat down for a while from teams like Boston and Detroit bad boys....through all of this he never had any major incidents in the media...."demanding a trade" or crying out for more help...Yes Jordan had good players around him ( like Pippen & Rodman) but not as much help Kobe had with the Lakers....( and in case you all forget those 3 rings Kobe have..Shaq was the MVP THOSE 3 TIMES) ....anyway I know you all will hate but the reality is the only thing Kobe has over Jordan is 81 pt game and if Jordan did that you Kobe Lovers would say..."oh Jordan was a hog"

Jordan...went the championship 6 times..won 6 times (6 Champions MVP)..Retired after 3 str8...came back from retirement and won 3 more str8.

Kobe...went 5 times won 3 times ( No Mvps)

Fill in the rest (Don't get emotional...get Factual)

Scoring Titles....

Regular Season MVPS....

I could go on and on.....Check the facts! Kobe is good....but never suggest he is better than Michale Jordan..Thats insane. Just wanted to get that off my chest cause I have some irrational friends who are Laker fans who have quicly forgotten what Michael Jordan has done for the game of basketball.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree I hate when they are compared. It really isn't close I think a lot of people just forget how good Jordan was..

fhatmanz
07-19-2008, 04:58 PM
but never suggest he is better than Michale Jordan.

Kobe is def. better than Michale Jordan..... I don't know about Michael tho.

:rolleyes:

DrDEADalready
07-19-2008, 05:01 PM
lol good one. but really lets get serious. cant compare the two. JORDAN THE BEST WOOT WOOT

lalakobe24
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
kobe is better

even ask jordan yo

XJW18
07-19-2008, 05:16 PM
kobe!!!!

lalakobe24
07-19-2008, 05:22 PM
lol who cares anyways comparing players are for no life sport nerds

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Just cause you had a disagreement with your friends does not mean you should bring up a stupid thread in here. No one is bringing up Kobe vs MJ threads and saying Kobe is better. I have had disagreements with Jordan lovers why he is not the best player ever. But I dont start a thread saying he is not better than Kareem, Wilt or Russell.

FNM BOY
07-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I just thought it would be good to hear from others...don't take it personal..Just tell Kobe to win a ring without Shaq.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I just thought it would be good to hear from others...don't take it personal..Just tell Kobe to win a ring without Shaq.

I will. You go tell MJ to do it without Pippen. Pippen almost did it without MJ the only chance he had to do it by himself in Chicago. They won 2 less games while replacing Jordan with a D league player in the starting lineup. Seems Jordan did not do it all by himself. He was just good enough to get them over the hump, but playing with an all time top 50 player did not hurt MJ either.

Leftcoast_yg
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Kobe is def. better than Michael Jordan..... I don't know about Michael tho.

Jordan had to guard people like who??? clyde drexler, bryon russell, reggie miller????
kobe guards people like ray allen, t mac, d wade, paul pierce, vince carter, ginobili, michael redd etc. and not to mention when jordan was playing it was easier to guard other people because you were able to hold on to their jerseys push off of them and all kinds of little things like that, put jordan with todays league he would have to play all 48 minutes to win i bet if u put him in the position kobe was in the finals vs the celtics same thing would have happened, the only thing he has better than kobe is hangtime and vince carter has alot of that, jordan cant even get his team the bobcats to the playoffs, what happened when he played for the wizards????

FNM BOY
07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
^^And they continue to cry...Great players show up in Champion series...you guys hail him as the greatest...but he couldn't get it done..and when u won the Western Conference finals u thought u had it all tied up...now u are left to cry. Get over it. When Gasol came to LA all of you thought that was it...don't deny it...but the Green Beast in the EAST totally emabarrassed you guys...records for greatest come back...and worst defeat in championship history...get over it!

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Kobe is def. better than Michale Jordan..... I don't know about Michael tho.

Haha.. Nice one. And yes, MJ is definitely better than Kobe.

wgh4me
07-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah.. You would be better too if you had the refs in your back pocket. You talking about improper relationships with the refs.. Ed Rush had MJ on speed dial (if you don't believe it's court records)... Let's be honest here, MJ retired because he most likely was betting on NBA games and the league forced him to go away for a year or so.. When he came back he was better and bigger than when he left.

The bottom line is Kobe will never have more rings or championships than MJ. Before it's all over, everyone will see that MJ cheated and did worse things than what Pete Rose did in baseball. gag order baby...

Max Power
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The Kobe over Jordan ship has already sailed.

And it sunk this past June.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Jordan had to guard people like who??? clyde drexler, bryon russell, reggie miller????
kobe guards people like ray allen, t mac, d wade, paul pierce, vince carter, ginobili, michael redd etc. and not to mention when jordan was playing it was easier to guard other people because you were able to hold on to their jerseys push off of them and all kinds of little things like that, put jordan with todays league he would have to play all 48 minutes to win i bet if u put him in the position kobe was in the finals vs the celtics same thing would have happened, the only thing he has better than kobe is hangtime and vince carter has alot of that, jordan cant even get his team the bobcats to the playoffs, what happened when he played for the wizards????

The games were different then and now. In the 1998 finals. With the game on the line, Jordan was being guarded 1 on 1 by Byron Russell????????? Kobe did not go one on one the whole series vs the Celtics, let alone the most crucial possession of the game. They would have doubled him just to get the ball out of his hands. Plus, now a days you can play zone. Which was set in place to keep players from getting to the basket. MJ would have had to shoot jump shots all night and we all know that was not his strength. I would love to have seen him play todays players with todays rules. Cause every big shot I see Jordan make is one on one against some flunky like Russel or that goofy white guy from Cleveland when he did that double pump at the top of the key.

wgh4me
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
What amazes me about so-called MJ lovers is that they can't see beyond the layers of BS that came along with MJ. We can go on and on comparing MJ and Kobe. Kobe can't win.. no matter what he does. Really, did MJ carry the Bulls by his lonesome (I think not)? Pippen was a great asset to the Bulls. MJ always had talent around him and role players that were actually role players that showed up and had heart. I can't say the same for Kobe (post Shaq era). All champions had at least 2 stars on their teams.. you can't win with one star and a bunch of role players and overrated ballers.

Kobe.. better jump shot with more range
Kobe.. better handle
Kobe.. more athletic
Kobe.. better one on one defender (don't say MJ.. he player with at all times with at least one other all-defensive teamer)

Max Power
07-19-2008, 06:10 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uguiZz1TQ

One thing nobody can disagree about, MJ much, much, much more clutch.

bogdanrom
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
What amazes me about so-called MJ lovers is that they can't see beyond the layers of BS that came along with MJ. We can go on and on comparing MJ and Kobe. Kobe can't win.. no matter what he does. Really, did MJ carry the Bulls by his lonesome (I think not)? Pippen was a great asset to the Bulls. MJ always had talent around him and role players that were actually role players that showed up and had heart. I can't say the same for Kobe (post Shaq era). All champions had at least 2 stars on their teams.. you can't win with one star and a bunch of role players and overrated ballers.

Kobe.. better jump shot with more range
Kobe.. better handle
Kobe.. more athletic
Kobe.. better one on one defender (don't say MJ.. he player with at all times with at least one other all-defensive teamer)

Did Kobe carry the Lakers by himself. No. Andrew Bynum(when he played), Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom. No player can do it by themselves. That's a stupid argument. Give me an exmaple when one, just one player was involved in taking or winning an NBA chanpionship.

Now Kobe did have a better jump shot with more range. The handling is pretty even IMO. Maybe Kobe better. But there is no damn way Kobe is more athletic that the man they call Air Jordan. Both are good defenders, but Jordan was a little better, all around, blocks, steals, hustle , one on one defense. Jordan was a better rebounder and passer.

Statistically, Jordan has the slight edge. MVP, and trophies to Jordan, but one of the most important reasons why more people will choose Jordan over Kobe is Kobe. Kobe makes us hate him by the way he acts, by the way he talks. Jordan had the persona to go with the stats.

SG
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Allen Iverson

avsman05
07-19-2008, 06:37 PM
The games were different then and now. In the 1998 finals. With the game on the line, Jordan was being guarded 1 on 1 by Byron Russell????????? Kobe did not go one on one the whole series vs the Celtics, let alone the most crucial possession of the game. They would have doubled him just to get the ball out of his hands. Plus, now a days you can play zone. Which was set in place to keep players from getting to the basket. MJ would have had to shoot jump shots all night and we all know that was not his strength. I would love to have seen him play todays players with todays rules. Cause every big shot I see Jordan make is one on one against some flunky like Russel or that goofy white guy from Cleveland when he did that double pump at the top of the key.

Craig Ehlo was his name.

I don't know how old you guys are but Detroit was known for Defense and to point out one thing i dont know if you guys realize this but players do things that are illegal and get away with it like Kobe. Ive never seen anyone hold players going around picks more than he does. He is a great defender but he does have help from ref's.

If you put Jordan in his prime in a position against Boston's Defense. I guarentee he would be able to get around it. He knows that he is not a jump shooter and can get to the whole on anyone.

We'll see how well Kobe does when he's 41. Yes that did taint Jordan's career but come on he was an old *** man by the time he went to Washington.

madiaz3
07-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Jordan won his last title in what, his late 30's?

Kobe is 29 at the moment and at least admit he has the tools and skillset (reliable jumpshot, not reckless with his body) to be as durable and have as long a career as Jordan while remaining effective.

Give him at least 6-8 years and we won't know how much things could have changed by then. Stop comparing things such as MVPs and other awards or stats until his career is over. It just doesn't make any sense. You guys are comparing a legacy of greatness to 3/5ths of another great players high-potential career. (In terms of matching achievements)

I don't know how much else I can do to explain but I think this thread is self-explanatory. Not just Kobe and Jordan but most major players people love to compare, in this case, it's a bit more ridiculous to compare considering the age and career time left.

That is all.

PrymaL
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok?

PrymaL
07-19-2008, 06:53 PM
All I want to say is Jordan never went against a zone defense or 3-4 people surrounding him constantly, now I'm not saying that means Kobe is better but I dont think Jordan would have been as great as he is in todays game.

TheHoopsProphet
07-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I am nothing but a broken record, but here comes another spin, there is nothing you can do to prevent the kobe and jordan comparisons. They are too similar from every perspective imaginable. They way they play, the positions they play, the championships they won, the hard work and dedication that they invest, the passion they wear on their sleeves. I don't like it, Jordan fans don't like it, but there's nothing I can do and there's nothing Jordan fans can do or any other person for that matter to stop the comparisons. So Stop telling people to stop comparing kobe to jordan! Thanks.

mariotubes
07-19-2008, 07:05 PM
waste of a thread