PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: All-Star or Super-Star or In Between?

Ragun
07-19-2008, 02:47 PM
What do you guys think Chris Bosh is?

I say in between. Not a superstar YET but very close.

Conor
07-19-2008, 02:49 PM
WTF Ragun?

Ragun
07-19-2008, 02:52 PM
o **** my bad i thought this was the raptors forum someone move it there please. LOL my bad. :p

ee
07-19-2008, 02:56 PM
lol, this kinda question in the raptor forum have just one answer from raptor fans......You should ask this in the main NBA forum....

Ragun
07-19-2008, 02:58 PM
ok then someone move it to the NBA forum...sorry about that guys. it was an accident.

jacquewho?
07-19-2008, 03:00 PM
ragun..seriously? :pity:

#24 Lakerland
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Freak.

homestarunner93
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Wtf Ragun Omg!!

Ragun
07-19-2008, 03:44 PM
lol it was an accident.

AgentViet
07-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Lmao. :laugh:

Everyone here will say All-Star, Raptor Forum will say Super-Star. I'll say borderline.

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I say in between.

HiphopRelated
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
borderline.

To me a superstar is a guy you fear can just take the game away from the other team at will.

Bosh isn't at that point yet.

kylem4711
07-19-2008, 05:31 PM
in between

zambo4president
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
ehh he`s ok

Skins4Life
07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
no one cares

stevefrancis
07-19-2008, 06:13 PM
wats a ragun?

Master P
07-19-2008, 06:19 PM
bosh is a star. if he was a more dominant defender he'd a superstar. ie, duncan and kg are superstars because they put up the same pts / rbs as bosh + defense.

Ragun
07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
wats a ragun?

Its my name.

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 06:37 PM
wats a ragun?

The guy's username.

I Am Awesome-O
07-19-2008, 06:48 PM
He is definately in between all-star and superstar. He's not on the level of Kobe Bryant, LeBron, D-Wade (pre-injury), CP3, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, KG, Dwight Howard, Amare Satudemire, Tim Duncan, and other superstar-caliber players. But he's also not just a one-time all-star. He will be in a hell of a lot of them for years to come, and he plays at a higher level than a lot of other all-stars, but he just isn't quite good enough to earn that superstar status. He's pretty awesome though.

bogdanrom
07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Between. I think he has everything and he will become a Superstar. Only time will tell.

daleja424
07-19-2008, 09:43 PM
all-star...

he's not even close to superstar IMO. Superstars take over and make the players around them better. Bosh puts up nice numbers but he isn't a top 10 player... and he isn't a superstar.

Heres a good way to judge super-stars... Jersey sales... b/c its also about how the public sees you...not just about numbers

Top 15 Jerseys:
1. Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
2. Dwyane Wade – Miami Heat
3. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Allen Iverson – Denver Nuggets
5. Steve Nash – Phoenix Suns
6. Carmelo Anthony – Denver Nuggets
7. Stephon Marbury – New York Knicks
8. Dirk Nowitzki – Dallas Mavericks
9. Gilbert Arenas – Washington Wizards
10. Vince Carter – New Jersey Nets
11. Tracy McGrady – Houston Rockets
12. Shaquille O’Neal – Miami Heat
13. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics
14. Ben Wallace – Chicago Bulls
15. Tim Duncan – San Antonio Spurs

...Bosh aint on that list...

AgentViet
07-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Right now I see 6 superstars in the league being James, Bryant, Duncan, Howard, Paul and Duncan. Bosh is in the group that is close to being a superstar in the near future with guys like Williams, Stoudemire and Jefferson.

urban legend
07-19-2008, 10:04 PM
all-star...

he's not even close to superstar IMO. Superstars take over and make the players around them better. Bosh puts up nice numbers but he isn't a top 10 player... and he isn't a superstar.

Heres a good way to judge super-stars... Jersey sales... b/c its also about how the public sees you...not just about numbers

Top 15 Jerseys:

stephon marbury and ben wallace are superstars:confused:

daleja424
07-19-2008, 10:06 PM
stephon marbury and ben wallace are superstars:confused:

well there are obviously some exceptions... but Steph was once a super star and the fact that he was in NY kept him in the limelight...

...as for Big Ben he is just an anomaly. The only thing I can guess about him is that he was new in Chicago and everyone went out to buy his jersey.

But as a general guide...jersey sales are a good way to gauge super stardom...

daleja424
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Right now I see 6 superstars in the league being James, Bryant, Duncan, Howard, Paul and Duncan. Bosh is in the group that is close to being a superstar in the near future with guys like Williams, Stoudemire and Jefferson.

Wade? Iverson? Shaq? Yao? We are talking about super stars not the best players...

Jefferson isn't even close. A superstar is a person that someone who doesn't even follow basketball would recognize...

Ragun
07-19-2008, 10:20 PM
all-star...

Top 15 Jerseys:

there is no doubt in mind that he is close to being a superstar. he can take over the game once in a while and jerseys sales are high.

*Superman*
07-19-2008, 10:40 PM
wats a ragun?

Wow...LOL. I think Bosh cann't be considered a Superstar yet, but he will definitely work is way their because his game is amazing.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
all-star man ...
Maybe one day when he gets his team out of the first round we will consider

To me the superstars in the leuge are Kobe/Lebron/Wade/T-mac/A.I and more
Bosh doesn't belong there

Lakersfan2483
07-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I would say he is a star but definitely not a superstar. Superstar examples: Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Wade, CP3

Ramon Nivar
07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Until the Raptors win a playoff series he is inbetween.

PhillyLuver
07-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd say borderline, in between

DQL
07-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I say in between. But he will be a superstar soon.

flyboy193
07-20-2008, 12:45 AM
All-Star

NYK All the Way
07-20-2008, 01:07 AM
He's a FRANCHISE player but he's not a superstar until he gets a champtionship.

STAT32
07-20-2008, 01:23 AM
^^^ So by that logic, KG was not a SuperStar until this year? Amare Stoudemire isn't a SuperStar. And finally Lebron James is not a Superstar. Is that correct NYK All the Way

ItsTheLastAce
07-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Boarderline I think he definetly has the talent to be a superstar but is not quite there. I don't think you need to be a chapion to be a winner. Lebron, Carmelo, Nash, Yao, Dwight Howard, are considered superstars, and none of them have a championship. KG became a superstar long before he won a ring this year.

OaklandsFinest
07-20-2008, 02:04 AM
all-star...

Top 15 Jerseys:

Neither is Baron Davis whose a superstar. Jersey sales does not make you a superstar, what makes you a superstar is a mix of your persona and your talent. Hence there are superstars who aren't as talented but have high jersey sales. Ben Wallace would get the floor wiped up by his hair if he was against Bosh. Bosh is a better player now, then Shaq, Ben, and talent wise will be better then Tim Duncan. He may never have the pieces Tim Duncan has/had but he will be a better player. Chris Bosh is a special player and will one day be in that KG discussion, just give him time. Oh and by the way KG ain't on that list either, and HE'S KIND OF A BIG DEAL

goku
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM
whooooo caressssssss

STAT32
07-20-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree with everyone thing you said except for the fact that Chris Bosh will never be better than TD. That's a ridiculous and outlandish statement.

07-20-2008, 02:20 AM
chris bosh is a hall of famer IMO...

STAT32
07-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Hall of Famer? Wow, lets wait a few years before we make that call. the guy hasn't even won a playoff series yet.

Halladay
07-20-2008, 02:45 AM
I think it's kind of unfair to not say Bosh is a superstar based on the playoffs alone. And really, who has Bosh had over the years to play with? Almost every "superstar" has that guy with him he can lean on. Bosh hasn't really had that. Now he has Jermaine O'neal who's a wild card and an emerging star in Jose Calderon. I think after this season we'll see. Bosh is consistent and getting better. So is he a superstar now? Probably not, but he certainly has the potential. He's not Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, he's a big man and big men don't get shown on sportcenter for making crazy dunks. Media exposure is a big part of it. People need to remember that.

STAT32
07-20-2008, 02:47 AM
^^^ Amare get's shown on TV for his crazy dunks. Lol, just saying. Bosh certainly has potential to be great.

spurhead
07-20-2008, 06:04 AM
right now hes just an all star. however, he is a great player , but right now hes overshadowed by the likes of tim duncan, kevin garnett, and dwight howard etc.

carlo4444
07-20-2008, 07:35 AM
his an allstar i would rather have him than melo, wade, duncan, Ai, Rj, marbury, carter and Ben Wallace

koreancabbage
07-20-2008, 08:32 AM
yea i agree with someone else saying even a person who doesn't follow basketball but knows the player by one name is a superstar ala Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron

the only true superstars are above
Wade is not a superstar after 1-2 years of glory, kind of dropped off the radar
Vince Carter, when he in his glory days- now he's just growing in obscurity in NJ

to me, if you half followed basketball, there were really only a couple of names i would remember from the early 90's: Jordan, Pippen, Stockton, Malone, Magic

daleja424
07-20-2008, 09:48 AM
yea i agree with someone else saying even a person who doesn't follow basketball but knows the player by one name is a superstar ala Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron

the only true superstars are above
Wade is not a superstar after 1-2 years of glory, kind of dropped off the radar
Vince Carter, when he in his glory days- now he's just growing in obscurity in NJ

to me, if you half followed basketball, there were really only a couple of names i would remember from the early 90's: Jordan, Pippen, Stockton, Malone, Magic

Dropped off the RADAR?!? He was a starter for the all-star team last year, is on the Olympic basketball team, averaged 25 points and 7 assists while being injured all year, and is still ranked 7th in jersey sales...really, what are you :smoking:?

and that guy who had 1-2 years of glory...Wade has been in the league for 5 years...He was not voted to the all-star game only once (his rookie year) and was voted a starter the past 3 years. He has also lead the Heat to the playoffs 4 of his 5 years in the league (Last year being the exception since he only played half the year due to injury). The guy has one off year and suddenly he has faded off the radar?

Bob_at_york
07-20-2008, 10:31 AM
all-star man ...
Maybe one day when he gets his team out of the first round we will consider

To me the superstars in the leuge are Kobe/Lebron/Wade/T-mac/A.I and more
Bosh doesn't belong there

I am no saying that T-Mac isn't a superstar but I find it funny that you list the above bolded part as a factor and then list T-Mac.

nascar10294
07-20-2008, 10:55 AM
All star, has to help his team win to become anything more.

torontosports10
07-20-2008, 10:58 AM
IMO this is the season that will prove what CB4 is. Either a Superstar or All-Star. For the first time he will have good help on the front court that will be able to open up every aspect of his game. This season we will either see the best of CB4 or we will find out if he can't handle being a "Superstar" as you would put it.

BALLER71
07-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Manute Bol with dreads is a all-star.
He hasn't taken his team anywhere.

ra8erfan111
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Definately not a superstar. I think you should be a top 10 player, have a championship ring, and have either a regular season MVP or finals MVP to even be considered for superstar status. So i guess he's just an all-star which aint bad either.

ra8erfan111
07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Correction to the above thread (dont need a ring-but at least make it to the finals) because Lebron is definately a superstar

greg_ory_2005
07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd say he's an allstar right now.

Bosh=nextKG
07-20-2008, 11:51 AM
he's an all-star now but he'll soon be a superstar

Tblaze
07-20-2008, 12:21 PM
imo there's 4 superstars in the league:

Garnett, Duncan, Kobe and James

then there's quite a few close to becoming one like Wade (may be a superstar too), Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard etc.

and then there's Chris Bosh who is an All-star. Nothing more right now. He might develop, but I'm pretty sure he'll never be a superstar. Being a superstar meens your talent exceeds almost every player, and I think there's quite a few close to Bosh.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 01:05 PM
his an allstar i would rather have him than melo, wade, duncan, Ai, Rj, marbury, carter and Ben Wallace

If you would rather have Bosh then Wade or Duncan you are :smoking::smoking::smoking:

maxisgod
07-20-2008, 01:57 PM
when ill have the D yea

Chronz
07-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Im holding out that Jermaine bounces back and surpasses Bosh as the Raps best player.

argo
07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
If you would rather have Bosh then Wade or Duncan you are :smoking::smoking::smoking:

i don't see anything wrong with that if you're talking about where the players are in their careers right now. i would take duncan in his prime over bosh but not now. love wade's heart and determination to get to the rack (best past of his game), but i think injuries will slow him down a bit and he'll settle for more outside jumpers.

bosh is going to surprise some people in the next few years... he's turning into a fierce competitor and leader before our eyes.

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 02:34 PM
What do you guys think Chris Bosh is?

I say in between. Not a superstar YET but very close.

He is the same category with guys like Pau Gasol, Elton Brand, David West, Carlos Boozer, etc.

JayW_1023
07-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm a real big sceptic about how Bosh will co-exist with JO. O' Neal is a pretty clumsy low post player who does most of his damage in the high post. He has the body to bang down low, but his game is strictly finesse now, like Bosh.

If Jermaine can be a low post threat, than I think it'll be a good move. But that remains to be seen. It's good that they dealt Ford however, who was way too erratic and frequently disrupted the offensive flow of this team. With Calderon at the helm at least both big men will get better looks.

Maybe if JO finds out he is playing with a good PG instead of perenial headache Jamaal Tinsley he will be motivated. Especially on defense O Neal should be a big factor...the Raptors have lacked a serious defensive big men since Antonio Davis still played for them.

ridere46
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
all-star...

Top 15 Jerseys:

The top 3 is accurate. Where's Garnet? Marbury? I disagree. Wallace? Don't think so. AI shouldn't be in the top 10 anymore.

As for CBosh...he's borderline. You got to be a winner to be a real superstar...

torontosports10
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Put Bosh on an American team and he is easity on the jerseys sales list

HoopsMachine
07-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Until the Raptors win a playoff series he is inbetween.

I couldn't agree more. I see him as an all-star but he's in the right situation to become a superstar as he is our franchise player. He will only become one when he can finally lead his team deep in the playoffs where it really counts.

rhino17
07-21-2008, 09:16 PM
all-star, definitely not a superstar

daleja424
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
The top 3 is accurate. Where's Garnet? Marbury? I disagree. Wallace? Don't think so. AI shouldn't be in the top 10 anymore.

As for CBosh...he's borderline. You got to be a winner to be a real superstar...

Those are 2007 jersey sales... I couldnt fid the 2008 ones... I think 2008's will be more accurate

durqtitan
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Bosh, IMO, is the best other guy in the NBA. I don't think he is a Duncan, Kobe, or Lebron type guy. However, i do think he is a great player and a team with a star that is one peice away could win a ton of championships with this guy.

barreleffact
07-22-2008, 12:41 AM
i dont consider bosh either. he may be an all star but anyone can get in by coaches decisions, so only the fan votes count but hes not a top tier player to me. at his best tho, he could push for that superstar lvl. dont get me wrong, he could a superstar if he becomes consistent, but id take boozer, duncan, even KG's unclutch self over him. the only other all star forward hes better than to me is dirk. and how could anyone take him over wade? wade is a proven winner, champion, and talent in general. he should have 2 rings right now but couldnt close it out against detroit in 05 only because of te flu tho. if you said melo....sure. hesbigger than melo with no off teh court incidents. but wade, duncan, anybody who carried a team to a ring....no

ridere46
07-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Those are 2007 jersey sales... I couldnt fid the 2008 ones... I think 2008's will be more accurate

my bad...thanks for the correction.

ee
07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Just like James, he needs the right supporting cast, he's taking the raps as far as he take them, raps are not a very talented team without bosh.....He needs help and once that help comes, he'll legitimize himself as a superstar.....At least James have taken garbage in the finals, until he does something similar, he's just an all star....

barreleffact
07-22-2008, 09:09 AM
^^it has to be somethin that huge to legitimize him as an super-star? i mean wat about dwight howard. hes a super-star and he still has so much potential to be better, but he has only donw as much as bosh has...is dwight not a super-star to you? i dont think super-star status is taking crap to a finals....thats unrealistic. but all bosh needs is some serious consistancy and to play to the level hes capable. well not 100% capable cuz hes one of those versatile guys who could give u 30+ every night. but give 26ish and 10 boards every night and make people around him more open by comanding the double team too and bam...super-star

Tblaze
07-22-2008, 12:08 PM
^^it has to be somethin that huge to legitimize him as an super-star? i mean wat about dwight howard. hes a super-star and he still has so much potential to be better, but he has only donw as much as bosh has...is dwight not a super-star to you? i dont think super-star status is taking crap to a finals....thats unrealistic. but all bosh needs is some serious consistancy and to play to the level hes capable. well not 100% capable cuz hes one of those versatile guys who could give u 30+ every night. but give 26ish and 10 boards every night and make people around him more open by comanding the double team too and bam...super-star

nope he isn't, he's quite in the same situation as bosh

rapswin98
07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
has the potential to be superstar but right now is just an all star

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
What do u guys mean in between.,,, I say ur either an all-star or superstar... there is no in between... Bosh is def a all-star palyer.. top 20 in the league.. If he can ever get the Raps out of the 1st round and make some noise.. I think he will be a superstar.. but eventually will need some help in toronto from another star or... be traded down the road.. in order to win... JUst like KG did... I see bosh being a similar player... Kg couldnt get out of the 1st round for a while either.. Hes a good player... not a superstar yet.

barreleffact
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
wow...how is dwight not a superstar? hes arguably the best center in the league...you cant say that about bosh at any position

argo
07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Put Bosh on an American team and he is easity on the jerseys sales list

Hmm that list doesn't look right. Unless it's based on sales in the US only? Otherwise Yao would be in the top 20 for sure - I was in China, I saw all the rockets gear.

Another thing, Toronto's stars do really well with jersey sales (ie: Carter, Bosh) - they have a whole country supporting them and buying their merch.

KB24PG16
07-23-2008, 03:07 AM
in between but tilting towards superstar