PDA

View Full Version : The Official Houston Rockets Trade Thread

JordansBulls
07-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Any trade ideas or scenarios should go here unless there is an article that appears that speaks of certain players getting traded.

With that in mind, how about trading Battier, Francis and Brooks for Ron Artest?

Alex-sama
07-19-2008, 01:52 PM
ha???

Doesn't we have such thread already??????

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219218

Manos
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Any trade ideas or scenarios should go here unless there is an article that appears that speaks of certain players getting traded.

With that in mind, how about trading Battier, Francis and Brooks for Ron Artest?

You may want to merger all 5,412 Trade Threads we currently have into this one.

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Rockets Get:
Rip Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
Theo Ratliff

Pistons Get:
T-Mac

Jpripper88
07-20-2008, 12:23 AM
You may want to merger all 5,412 Trade Threads we currently have into this one.

HAHA

Alex-sama
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I heard Camby isn't quite happy @ the clippers. Is there any chance to get him in Houston?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2166~255~2834~2763~376~3018~12 5&teams=10~12~12~12~21~12~10&te=&cash=

This is theorically possible but it sounds to unrealistic. May-b someone can help tweak a little bit :D (May-b Landry instead of Hayes + some picks)

PG: Alston/Brooks
SG: T-Mac/Barbosa/Barry
SF: Battier/Greene/Harris
PF: Scola/Landry/Dorsey
C: Yao/Camby/Mutumbo

Having Camby on our team we can drasticly reduce Yao's minute. When we need power on the frontcourt we can set Camby on PF. With those 2 on the front every team will think "YIKES!!!!"

JordansBulls
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
ha???

Doesn't we have such thread already??????

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219218

Well that one includes free agents as well. This is just going to be about making trades only.

Renovator
07-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Sorry for posting it in the wrong thread guys. Yeah the trade threads are getting a bit meesy. But here is mine.

I got a great trade for us. We can add awesome depth to our front court and backcourt. We wouldnt need to worry about resigning Ladry and DeKe.

Jersy want to swap some of their young guns for vets. It may give us problems next season though, similar to what we are having now with resigning. The Jersey young guns all have one year left on their contracts.

We get: Boone, Sean and Marcus Willaims plus Ager.
NJ get : Francis, Head and Hayes.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

Boone would be good backing up Yao. Sean Williams is better version of Landry, his work ethich and attitude is questionable though. Marcus Williams is a promising PG, is injury plagues, but so is Francis. Ager has better size than Head and he can slash. Works out pretty well for us. These are all young and atheltic guys with talent.

Alex-sama
07-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Sorry for posting it in the wrong thread guys. Yeah the trade threads are getting a bit meesy. But here is mine.

I got a great trade for us. We can add awesome depth to our front court and backcourt. We wouldnt need to worry about resigning Ladry and DeKe.

Jersy want to swap some of their young guns for vets. It may give us problems next season though, similar to what we are having now with resigning. The Jersey young guns all have one year left on their contracts.

We get: Boone, Sean and Marcus Willaims plus Ager.
NJ get : Francis, Head and Hayes.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

Boone would be good backing up Yao. Sean Williams is better version of Landry, his work ethich and attitude is questionable though. Marcus Williams is a promising PG, is injury plagues, but so is Francis. Ager has better size than Head and he can slash. Works out pretty well for us. These are all young and atheltic guys with talent.

Our team is already prette young on the bench. We doesn't need to go any younger. :(

HouRealCoach
07-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I have something to say....

U guys act like there isnt a trade in this world that could help this team....U think that teams dont ever accept dumb trades....

Gay, Swift for Battier
Wells, James for Bobby Jackson
Sczcerbiak, West, Green for Allen, Davis
That Hughes-Wallace trade last year at deadline
The Gasol Trade
Caron Butler Trade from Lakers
Eddie Jones for Posey, Williams
Bibby for Jason Williams

They just might accept the trades therefore they can be realistic. So just know that some of you guys sound dumb bashing people for trade ideas now if its like Yao for Yi now thats just plain ********. But Artest for Brooks and Battier isnt the only realistic trade that can help the Rockets. Vince Carter, Barbosa, Odom, and Diaw are also players that can help.

That's all....

Jay22Redd
07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I think someones mad.

Alex-sama
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I have something to say....

U guys act like there isnt a trade in this world that could help this team....U think that teams dont ever accept dumb trades....

Gay, Swift for Battier
Wells, James for Bobby Jackson
Sczcerbiak, West, Green for Allen, Davis
That Hughes-Wallace trade last year at deadline
The Gasol Trade
Caron Butler Trade from Lakers
Eddie Jones for Posey, Williams
Bibby for Jason Williams

They just might accept the trades therefore they can be realistic. So just know that some of you guys sound dumb bashing people for trade ideas now if its like Yao for Yi now thats just plain ********. But Artest for Brooks and Battier isnt the only realistic trade that can help the Rockets. Vince Carter, Barbosa, Odom, and Diaw are also players that can help.

That's all....

I don't like the idea to lose Battier and Brooks for Artest. Artest is an great player but losing a player who create an great atmosphere to an player that might ruin the atmosphere is a little bit too risky.

If the kings takes Landry ( IF he signs for around 5M ) + head + Novak + 1st pick is better IMO. We have already 5 guys who playes PF (Scola, Hayes, Novak ,Dorsey and Landry)He's a good player with potential they might take and we take an player who wants to leave the team. About Head we don't like him bcuz he chokes every time at the playoff but there are many teams interested in his 3 point shooting skills. His trade value isn't as low as many thought.
In case if Ron couldn't fit in our team we still can trade him as an expiring contract and we don't need to find another def SF.

And about Barbosa I still think we can get him with BJAX. The suns still couldn't get an legit backup PG and they almost reach the luxery tax border. BJAX is just what they needed.Mayb add an 2nd round pick to make it more attractive. With him we have all the shooting power we want.

The only thing I still bother is C. IMO we need an young center (project type). He doesn't need to be very good ATM. As long he can develop through the season.

PG: Alston/Francis/Brooks/
SG: T-MAC/Barbosa/Barry
SF: Artest/Battier/Greene
PF: Scola/Dorsey/Hayes
C: Yao/Deke/???

If Morey can do this trades he'll be my hero :D

PS: If anyone want to bash my idea please add some explanation and suggestion how to improve this idea. I'm open for opinion of other ppl :D

bball1217
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I like the idea, but for the Artest trade, IMO we will have to replace Head or Novak with Brooks, then we could keep the draft pick or give a second rounder, I think we have two next year. (Although I love Brooks, so if Morey can pull off your trade, then I will be really really happy.) For the Barbosa deal, if we can get it done, we will have a great team next year.

For the lineup, I would do something like this:
Starters, then
PG: Barbosa/Brooks
SG: Barry
SF: Battier/Greene
PF: Dorsey/Greene
C: Mutumbo

Francis is not there due to health, but he would rotate with Brooks (from the IR), once he is healthy.

Love your trade ideas however.

Alex-sama
07-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Hmm... if we trade brooks we'll become short handed @ PG if francis isn't recover in time. Barbosa isn't really a PG that's why the suns want to get rid of him. I prefer the players we have right now instead of an future pick. Or mayb we can add Hayes to the deal and add Leunen as 3th PF. Salary wise it will work

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't like the idea to lose Battier and Brooks for Artest. Artest is an great player but losing a player who create an great atmosphere to an player that might ruin the atmosphere is a little bit too risky.

If the kings takes Landry ( IF he signs for around 5M ) + head + Novak + 1st pick is better IMO. We have already 5 guys who playes PF (Scola, Hayes, Novak ,Dorsey and Landry)He's a good player with potential they might take and we take an player who wants to leave the team. About Head we don't like him bcuz he chokes every time at the playoff but there are many teams interested in his 3 point shooting skills. His trade value isn't as low as many thought.
In case if Ron couldn't fit in our team we still can trade him as an expiring contract and we don't need to find another def SF.

And about Barbosa I still think we can get him with BJAX. The suns still couldn't get an legit backup PG and they almost reach the luxery tax border. BJAX is just what they needed.Mayb add an 2nd round pick to make it more attractive. With him we have all the shooting power we want.

The only thing I still bother is C. IMO we need an young center (project type). He doesn't need to be very good ATM. As long he can develop through the season.

PG: Alston/Francis/Brooks/
SG: T-MAC/Barbosa/Barry
SF: Artest/Battier/Greene
C: Yao/Deke/???

If Morey can do this trades he'll be my hero :D

PS: If anyone want to bash my idea please add some explanation and suggestion how to improve this idea. I'm open for opinion of other ppl :D

I like this trade. Barbosa can really score so in the playoffs when t-mac and yao are getting tired, barry and barbosa can take over for a minute or two.

Alex-sama
07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Do you guys have any suggestion who will fit the center project most?

HouRealCoach
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Do you guys have any suggestion who will fit the center project most?

J. Magloire, L. Wright, K. Brown, or Trade for B. Miller

Alex-sama
07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
J. Magloire, L. Wright, K. Brown, or Trade for B. Miller

Trading B.Miller is not really possible. His salary is around 11M. If we want to trade him we need multiple players ( except Yao and T-Mac ). We'll become under the 13 player minimum and I don't think it's really worth it.

About the other 3 we don't have really that much resources to sign them. If we follow my trade idea we have already used most of our MLE. I don't think they want to sign an 500k contract.

Alex-sama
07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Lately I'm quite concerned about the status of signing Landry. It doesn't look very well. May-b we should forget the artest deal and trying something else.
Someone on other thread mention Shawn Williams (Nets). I think he is an good option. 1.5M contract is tradeble. May-b trading Novak + Harris for him. And we could try to get Yi with Hayes + Head + 1st round. He can play SF and PF. He's quite big (6'11) and agile. If he develope well he can even start instead of Scola. They are looking for a shooter and Head is one. But mayb we need to add more to get Yi to us. But you never know, Morey can do miracles XD
With our MLE we can sign Bonzi back to houston.
Ofcourse the first senario with Artest is much better. But considering the status with signing Landry the second senario is more realistic.

Scenario 1:
PG: Alston/Francis/Brooks
SG: TMAC/Barbosa/Barry
SF: ArtestBattier/Greene
C : Yao/Deke/S.Williams

Scenario 2:
PG: Alston/Francis/Brooks
SG: TMAC/Barbosa/Barry
SF: Battier/Bonzi/Greene
PF: Scola/Yi/Dorsey
C : Yao/Deke/S.Williams

Young_Josh
07-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey what do you think about getting ricky davis from Maimi? He is a good scorer and he can play the SF position..and maimi needs a point and we have plenty of them

Alex-sama
07-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey what do you think about getting ricky davis from Maimi? He is a good scorer and he can play the SF position..and maimi needs a point and we have plenty of them

Instead of who?

Wrightw/Reyes19
07-27-2008, 01:17 PM
i think Dorsey will become our Ben Wallace. a fast solid rebounding center who can throw it down hard and block inside shots.

Jay22Redd
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
If he's givin a chance, he can become better than Ben Wallace

bball1217
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
If givin a chance , he could be ben wallace with better offense I think

Alex-sama
07-29-2008, 06:40 AM
6'9 @ C is a little bit short isn't it?

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
yea but heart is unlimited

bball1217
07-29-2008, 01:14 PM
6'9 @ C is a little bit short isn't it?

Ben Wallace is also 6'9, and that did not stop him.

Alex-sama
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
he still has a long way to go to be as good as Big Ben. But the first thing he need to learn is how to shut his big mouth. Be a good boy. Not doing something stupid like @ the summer league.

BTW does anyone know did we signed him already?

HouRealCoach
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
he still has a long way to go to be as good as Big Ben. But the first thing he need to learn is how to shut his big mouth. Be a good boy. Not doing something stupid like @ the summer league.

BTW does anyone know did we signed him already?

Yea we did

Alex-sama
07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Yea we did

According to the official rockets site he's still an unsigned draft pick :confused:

Alex-sama
07-30-2008, 06:00 AM
OK Artest is traded for BJAX, Greene and 1st round that will make our team look like this:

PG: Alston/Brooks/Francis(injured)
SG: TMAC/Barry/Head
SF: Artest/Battier/Harris
PF: Scola/Landry(RFA)/Hayes/Novak/Leunen
C: Yao/Deke(RFA)/Dorsey

Let's make a new trade suggestion. New roster = new suggestion :D
I suggest we trade Head + 2nd round pick for Sean williams and we signed Deke and Bonzi with MLE and let Landry go. His knee bring too many risk and i don't like his (agent?)'s attitude.

Our new roster will look like this:

PG: Alston/Brooks/Francis
SG: TMAC/Barry/Bonzi
SF: Artest/Battier/Harris
PF: Scola/Dorsey/Hayes/Novak
C: Yao/Deke/S.Williams

This team looks quite looks good to me. May-b Harris + Novak trade for a young legit SF. Harris is more an PF than SF. But he's working hard to change into an SF.

Alex-sama
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
no other suggestions?

bball1217
08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
This will sound crazy, but you never know...

ONLY if the Suns are doing poorly and decide to trade Nash or Nash requests a trade, then I would love to see the Rockets do this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=592~11~3081~2834~2763~3018&teams=10~21~21~21~21~21&te=336:10-901&cash=

I realize, this will probably never happen, but in that trade suns get a point guard still and some young talent to work with, along with contracts going no longer than 2 years.

Could you imagine a lineup of:
Nash/Barry/Brooks
McGrady/Battier/Barry
Artest/Hill/Battier
Scola/Landry
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
Reserves:
Francis (Rotates with Brooks)
Maarty Leunen (Bring him from overseas/D-League)
(Sign free agent to fill roster at minimum)

This trade would only work if:
1. Suns doing poorly.
2. Alston not performing well enough (which I doubt he will).
3. Suns decide to blow it up and/or Nash requests trade.

This trade gives the suns a young and talented Novak and Head and hustle players in Hayes and Harris. Also they get a point guard still.

We could also include a 2010 second or first round pick, depending on how much the suns want.

A man can dream... ;) :D

Rockets Fanatic
08-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Rockets Get:
Josh Boone

Nets Get:
Luther Head

Boone becomes backup center

DreamShaker
08-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Rockets Get:
Josh Boone

Nets Get:
Luther Head

Boone becomes backup center

I think that makes alot of sense....

bcross90
08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
FIRST OF ALL STEVE FRANCIS IS WORTHLESS HES PAST HIS PRIME AND IS OUT OF SHAPE. HE NEEDS TO BE CUT OR ON THE IR ALL YEAR> ADELMAN DOESNT NEED TO WASTE HIS TIME WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS NO MOTIVATION TO GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our point guard situation is better than most think but to be a championship contender you have to have a distributing point guard.

Kirk Hinrich- good three point shooter 5-8 assists per game and an under rated defender.

He seems like the only all around pg upgrade that is worth the trouble. Maybe deal Landry in a sign and trade and package head and alston as part of the deal.
i think we would be a better team if our lineup was:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Tracy McGrady
SF-Shane Battier
PF-Luis Scola
C-Yao Ming
6-Ron Artest(SF and PF--30+ mpg but off the bench for offense/similar to Manu in SA)
7-Brent Barry
8/9-Joey Dorsey/Mike Harris(Big time energy 10 mpg each)
10-Aaron Brooks

It is crucial to limit McGrady and Yao's minutes throughout the year about 35 mpg each to avoid injuries and wearing down before the playoffs. Everyone knows we are gonna make the playoffs and theres no use wasting their health during the season instead of the playoffs.

If we cant pull of a trade im fine with:

PG-Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks/Brent Barry
SG-Tracy McGrady/Brent Barry/Luther Head
SF-Shane Battier/Ron Artest/Steve Novak
PF-Luis Scola/Ron Artest/Dorsey or Harris
C-Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutumbo

What do yall think?

bball1217
08-02-2008, 11:01 PM
FIRST OF ALL STEVE FRANCIS IS WORTHLESS HES PAST HIS PRIME AND IS OUT OF SHAPE. HE NEEDS TO BE CUT OR ON THE IR ALL YEAR> ADELMAN DOESNT NEED TO WASTE HIS TIME WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS NO MOTIVATION TO GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our point guard situation is better than most think but to be a championship contender you have to have a distributing point guard.

Kirk Hinrich- good three point shooter 5-8 assists per game and an under rated defender.

He seems like the only all around pg upgrade that is worth the trouble. Maybe deal Landry in a sign and trade and package head and alston as part of the deal.
i think we would be a better team if our lineup was:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Tracy McGrady
SF-Shane Battier
PF-Luis Scola
C-Yao Ming
6-Ron Artest(SF and PF--30+ mpg but off the bench for offense/similar to Manu in SA)
7-Brent Barry
8/9-Joey Dorsey/Mike Harris(Big time energy 10 mpg each)
10-Aaron Brooks

It is crucial to limit McGrady and Yao's minutes throughout the year about 35 mpg each to avoid injuries and wearing down before the playoffs. Everyone knows we are gonna make the playoffs and theres no use wasting their health during the season instead of the playoffs.

If we cant pull of a trade im fine with:

PG-Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks/Brent Barry
SG-Tracy McGrady/Brent Barry/Luther Head
SF-Shane Battier/Ron Artest/Steve Novak
PF-Luis Scola/Ron Artest/Dorsey or Harris
C-Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutumbo

What do yall think?

Well I would not mine getting Hinrich, but giving them Landry, Alston and Head is to much talent to give them.

I would rather have Alston and have lineup like this:
SG: McGrady/Barry/Battier
SF: Artest/Battier
PF: Scola/Landry/Battier
C: Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Head (Rotates with Francis)
IR2: Novak (Rotates with Dorsey)
IR3: Harris (Rotates with Dorsey/Francis)

However if we did this trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=11~3081~2763~3018~1981&teams=4~4~4~4~10&te=&cash=

Chicago gets: A smaller contract than Hinrich 4 year/$10 million with Alston's 2 year/$5 million. Also gets young talent in Novak, Head and Harris.

Houston gets: Hinrich, starting pass first point guard who can shoot the three and plays solid D.

Alston's stats:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rafer_alston/career_stats.html
13 PPG, 5 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.3 SPG with 39% FG and 35% 3PT

Hinrich's stats:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kirk_hinrich/career_stats.html
11.5 PPG, 6 APG, 3.3 RPG, 1.2 SPG with 41% FG and 35% 3PT

There stats are very close, however I would rather keep Alston, to keep our core of McGrady, Yao, Battier, Scola, Alston and the new addition of Artest to keep chemistry strong.

However if Alston is underperforming and Hinrich and Derrick Rose are doing good, I wouldn't mind trying to do that trade to get Hinrich. (If Rose is doing good, there is no need for Hinrich.)

With the trade our lineup would be:
Hinrich/Brooks/Francis
McGrady/Barry/Battier
Artest/Battier
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Chuck Hayes (Rotates with Dorsey)
IR2: Maarty Leunen (Rotates with Francis/Dorsey)
IR3: Sign one more player to fill roster

Either way our team is looking really great! :D

By the way, give Francis one more chance, come on man.

bcross90
08-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Well I would not mine getting Hinrich, but giving them Landry, Alston and Head is to much talent to give them.

I would rather have Alston and have lineup like this:
SG: McGrady/Barry/Battier
SF: Artest/Battier
PF: Scola/Landry/Battier
C: Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Head (Rotates with Francis)
IR2: Novak (Rotates with Dorsey)
IR3: Harris (Rotates with Dorsey/Francis)

However if we did this trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=11~3081~2763~3018~1981&teams=4~4~4~4~10&te=&cash=

Chicago gets: A smaller contract than Hinrich 4 year/$10 million with Alston's 2 year/$5 million. Also gets young talent in Novak, Head and Harris.

Houston gets: Hinrich, starting pass first point guard who can shoot the three and plays solid D.

Alston's stats:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rafer_alston/career_stats.html
13 PPG, 5 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.3 SPG with 39% FG and 35% 3PT

Hinrich's stats:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kirk_hinrich/career_stats.html
11.5 PPG, 6 APG, 3.3 RPG, 1.2 SPG with 41% FG and 35% 3PT

There stats are very close, however I would rather keep Alston, to keep our core of McGrady, Yao, Battier, Scola, Alston and the new addition of Artest to keep chemistry strong.

However if Alston is underperforming and Hinrich and Derrick Rose are doing good, I wouldn't mind trying to do that trade to get Hinrich. (If Rose is doing good, there is no need for Hinrich.)

With the trade our lineup would be:
Hinrich/Brooks/Francis
McGrady/Barry/Battier
Artest/Battier
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Chuck Hayes (Rotates with Dorsey)
IR2: Maarty Leunen (Rotates with Francis/Dorsey)
IR3: Sign one more player to fill roster

Either way our team is looking really great! :D

i hear you but i just dont think chicago is gonna give up hinrich without a great deal. they currently arent shopping him and i think it would be well worth it to upgrade our defense at the pg to become a incredible defensive team at every position. (aka celtics) ANOTHER THOUGHT BRING BACK SAM CASSELL IF YOU CAN LURE HIM AWAY AS THE 2 OR 3 STRING PG BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY LOCKER ROOM CHEMISTRY AND MORALE FOR THE FANS BRING BACK CLUTCH CITY!!!!!!

t mac and vick
08-02-2008, 11:15 PM
sign bob sura cut stevie franchise

bcross90
08-02-2008, 11:19 PM
sura is too old and hurt been out of the league for a few years. id like to bring him on the coaching staff to work with brooks. IM TELLING YOU THOUGH TO GET THE CITY BEHIND THE TEAM LIKE 94 AND 95 BRING BACK CASSELL OR HORRY (MORE FOR MORALE SUPPORT THAN HELP TO TEAM) IF YOU HAVE A ROSTER SPOT THEN WHY THE HELL NOT?

bball1217
08-02-2008, 11:24 PM
i hear you but i just dont think chicago is gonna give up hinrich without a great deal. they currently arent shopping him and i think it would be well worth it to upgrade our defense at the pg to become a incredible defensive team at every position. (aka celtics) ANOTHER THOUGHT BRING BACK SAM CASSELL IF YOU CAN LURE HIM AWAY AS THE 2 OR 3 STRING PG BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY LOCKER ROOM CHEMISTRY AND MORALE FOR THE FANS BRING BACK CLUTCH CITY!!!!!!

First off, they were trying to trade him earlier, but didn't like any of the offers (which I heard really were crappy). Also if this deal happened, it would happen mid-season, only if Rose is performing well and Hinrich becomes expendable.

Secondly, Rafer might be just as good a defender as Hinrich. Alston averages 1.5 SPG (career) and Hinrich averages 1.2 SPG (career). While Hinrich might be better at on-ball defense (stuff not in the stats), Alston is not far behind.

Lastly, if we have to give that much talent (Alston and Landry) then just don't do it. We will be fine with Alston, if he can do what he did last year.

Good idea though. :D

P.S. I would not mind bringing back Sam Cassell, but for only the vet minimum.

bball1217
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
sign bob sura cut stevie franchise

That would be a downgrade. :confused:

bcross90
08-02-2008, 11:35 PM
First off, they were trying to trade him earlier, but didn't like any of the offers (which I heard really were crappy). Also if this deal happened, it would happen mid-season, only if Rose is performing well and Hinrich becomes expendable.

Secondly, Rafer might be just as good a defender as Hinrich. Alston averages 1.5 SPG (career) and Hinrich averages 1.2 SPG (career). While Hinrich might be better at on-ball defense (stuff not in the stats), Alston is not far behind.

Lastly, if we have to give that much talent (Alston and Landry) then just don't do it. We will be fine with Alston, if he can do what he did last year.

Good idea though. :D

P.S. I would not mind bringing back Sam Cassell, but for only the vet minimum.

Ya i just think you cant put a price tag on leadership which hinrich clearly has over alston (a few arrests last year)

Also if you think about it there isnt gonna be enough ball to go around for a gunner like alston with our new big three. i would rather have hinrich evern if we have to lose landry because his knee is questionable and we have two guys(though not as talented) willing to work hard and landry will be commanding a much higher salary.

I just feel hinrich is a better pure shooter especially when hes not looked to score like he was in chicago while alston is a volume shooter who is streaky. I also think hinrich is a better canidate for the pick and roll and a better guy to fit in with a team in which scorers are abundant.

BTW im not a big believer in stats because there are 100 aspects of the game that stats don't control (why battier is a great player on the court but not on paper)

I think me and you are the few realistic and actually smart fans writing on these forums anymore... too many people thinking francis can make a comeback

bball1217
08-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Ya i just think you cant put a price tag on leadership which hinrich clearly has over alston (a few arrests last year)

Also if you think about it there isnt gonna be enough ball to go around for a gunner like alston with our new big three. i would rather have hinrich evern if we have to lose landry because his knee is questionable and we have two guys(though not as talented) willing to work hard and landry will be commanding a much higher salary.

I just feel hinrich is a better pure shooter especially when hes not looked to score like he was in chicago while alston is a volume shooter who is streaky. I also think hinrich is a better canidate for the pick and roll and a better guy to fit in with a team in which scorers are abundant.

BTW im not a big believer in stats because there are 100 aspects of the game that stats don't control (why battier is a great player on the court but not on paper)

I think me and you are the few realistic and actually smart fans writing on these forums anymore... too many people thinking francis can make a comeback

True. I would love to have either, we will see what happens.

Also, Francis could still be a great role player for us, but I highly doubt he makes a return to the old Francis. (That would be cool though...;))

bcross90
08-03-2008, 12:04 AM
ya who else thinks the rockets should start battier and bring artest of the bench. i think it would be good to copy the idea that popavich has for ginobili coming off the bench for 30 plus minutes. i just think we will see the true artest as well if he comes off the bench all year and know whether to resign him next year.

another thing is i would love to see the combo over alston,mcgrady,battier,artest and yao also the prospects of alston/brooks,mcgrady,battier,artest and scola to run teams out of the gym.

we have the ability to put four shooters on the floor to keep from anyone doubling down on yao.

we can go small and have a quick striking offense that can run with the best of them(aka suns)

we also have the ability to go traditional or big with an oversized mcgrady,artest and yao (and possibly barry at the point)

bball1217
08-03-2008, 12:25 AM
I think whoever Adelman decides to have come off the bench, will be the right decision. Whether Battier or Artest comes off the bench, both should get 30+ minutes per game.

Artest can easily play SG, SF and PF and can also provide more offense than Battier does.(about 17-20 PPG range)

Battier would provide less points (about 10 PPG), but can play at the same level of defense that Artest can. Battier can also play SG, SF and PF, but really is a true SF, while Artest can play all three positions pretty evenly.

I will be happy with either coming off the bench.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 12:42 AM
I think whoever Adelman decides to have come off the bench, will be the right decision. Whether Battier or Artest comes off the bench, both should get 30+ minutes per game.

Artest can easily play SG, SF and PF and can also provide more offense than Battier does.(about 17-20 PPG range)

Battier would provide less points (about 10 PPG), but can play at the same level of defense that Artest can. Battier can also play SG, SF and PF, but really is a true SF, while Artest can play all three positions pretty evenly.

I will be happy with either coming off the bench.

Remember this: TMAC will win MVP is he averages 20/14/6 and the team is a top 3 seed. i would love to see him become more of a slasher and passer than a jumpshooter.

bball1217
08-03-2008, 12:59 AM
20 and 14??????

WHAT???

20 PPG, I can easily see.

14 of RPG or APG is not going to happen.
:confused::confused::confused:

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:11 AM
my point is not shoot so much and concentrate on making his teammates better which he doesnt do except on certain occasion (05 playoffs against mavs and this years playoffs against jazz)

i do believe he can average between 10-14 assists. he is the second best passer in the nba next to steve nash. mcgrady is taller and longer but not quite the vision of nash.

i would be fine with 15 pts 10-14 asst and 6 rebs. but if he wants to win the MVP 20 pts 12-14 assts 6 rebs

its possible for him to average 14 though. i have no doubt if he puts his mind to passing and slashing rather than scoring he can be the best player in the nba. the points will come if he commits to driving and helping the team score points in the paint.

bball1217
08-03-2008, 01:19 AM
my point is not shoot so much and concentrate on making his teammates better which he doesnt do except on certain occasion (05 playoffs against mavs and this years playoffs against jazz)

i do believe he can average between 10-14 assists. he is the second best passer in the nba next to steve nash. mcgrady is taller and longer but not quite the vision of nash.

i would be fine with 15 pts 10-14 asst and 6 rebs. but if he wants to win the MVP 20 pts 12-14 assts 6 rebs

its possible for him to average 14 though. i have no doubt if he puts his mind to passing and slashing rather than scoring he can be the best player in the nba. the points will come if he commits to driving and helping the team score points in the paint.

I won't say he can't. However he has never averaged even 7 APG in a NBA season. He usually gets 5-6 APG.

Sure, he has more scorers, but at most I would say he averages 8 APG. He will still get 20-24 PPG next season IMO along with 6-7 APG and 5 RPG.

Those numbers (20-24 PPG, 6-7 APG and 5 RPG) on a top 3 team in the West, would, IMO, make him a strong MVP candidate.

Not even Paul or Nash averaged 14 APG last year. He would be fine with 6-7 APG. :D

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I won't say he can't. However he has never averaged even 7 APG in a NBA season. He usually gets 5-6 APG.

Sure, he has more scorers, but at most I would say he averages 8 APG. He will still get 20-24 PPG next season IMO along with 6-7 APG and 5 RPG.

Those numbers (20-24 PPG, 6-7 APG and 5 RPG) on a top 3 team in the West, would, IMO, make him a strong MVP candidate.

Not even Paul or Nash averaged 14 APG last year. He would be fine with 6-7 APG. :D

ya i had some wishful thinking but he is def capable if he had the mindset but its because he wants to shoot jumpers and score points and be on sportscenter. if i was mcgrady i would get 20-12-6 because if he wanted to he could. btw i live 2 min away from him and he has huge parties every night and often times during the season so i wonder how commited he is to being the best he can be. i just wonder if this new look rockets team he will settle down and be in the best shape he can be in so he can stay healthy.

bball1217
08-03-2008, 01:41 AM
ya i had some wishful thinking but he is def capable if he had the mindset but its because he wants to shoot jumpers and score points and be on sportscenter. if i was mcgrady i would get 20-12-6 because if he wanted to he could. btw i live 2 min away from him and he has huge parties every night and often times during the season so i wonder how commited he is to being the best he can be. i just wonder if this new look rockets team he will settle down and be in the best shape he can be in so he can stay healthy.

I still don't think he will get even 10 APG, but O well. Also, I am sure he will be very committed this season, plenty of NBA players have lots of parties during the season, don't worry about that.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I still don't think he will get even 10 APG, but O well. Also, I am sure he will be very committed this season, plenty of NBA players have lots of parties during the season, don't worry about that.

ya i guess. i still would take tmac for chauncey and rip if that would work out. who knows maybe dumars gets hasty and wants to make a deal and offers too much. although at this point morey probably wouldnt even take that. we would have the most talent in the nba if that deal went through.

bball1217
08-03-2008, 01:59 AM
ya i guess. i still would take tmac for chauncey and rip if that would work out. who knows maybe dumars gets hasty and wants to make a deal and offers too much. although at this point morey probably wouldnt even take that. we would have the most talent in the nba if that deal went through.

That would be interesting, but I would not do that now. I would have liked Billups/Hamilton for McGrady BEFORE the Artest trade, but this is McGrady and Yao's team and I want to keep it that way. Keeping them keeps our chemistry strong.

However, that team would be stacked! :)

mightybosstone
08-03-2008, 12:03 PM

I'm not gonna lie... anyone who thinks that McGrady is capable of anything more than around 6-7 assists per game is certifiably insane. Honestly... what would indicate that McGrady would average that many assists per game? T-Mac is not a point guard and there's only 3 or 4 players in the NBA capable of 12 assists per game.

stevefrancis
08-03-2008, 12:40 PM
lol tmac will average 12 assist yao will average 18 rebounds artest will average 7 steals and rafer will average 5 airballs a game. dikembe mutombo finger wag, priceless.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:17 PM
lol tmac will average 12 assist yao will average 18 rebounds artest will average 7 steals and rafer will average 5 airballs a game. dikembe mutombo finger wag, priceless.

yall are completely misunderstanding me im saying he is capable of avg 12 apg but he never would because he wants to score points and be on sportscenter. if he would start playing more like lebron in terms of slashing and dishing it off he would make our team way more successful. btw tmac has way better players around him that can finish off of his passes. his passing skills are only second to steve nash.

mightybosstone
08-03-2008, 01:32 PM
yall are completely misunderstanding me im saying he is capable of avg 12 apg but he never would because he wants to score points and be on sportscenter. if he would start playing more like lebron in terms of slashing and dishing it off he would make our team way more successful. btw tmac has way better players around him that can finish off of his passes. his passing skills are only second to steve nash.

I love T-Mac and I think he's a great passer, but to say he's the second best passer in the league is going way too far. Its not his style to be a pass first player and it has nothing to do with "wanting to be on sportscenter". Its about utilizing his offensive talents to adapt to the team needs and this team needs him to score points. Even if they put him at point guard, he still wouldn't average 12 assists per game.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I love T-Mac and I think he's a great passer, but to say he's the second best passer in the league is going way too far. Its not his style to be a pass first player and it has nothing to do with "wanting to be on sportscenter". Its about utilizing his offensive talents to adapt to the team needs and this team needs him to score points. Even if they put him at point guard, he still wouldn't average 12 assists per game.

im not suggesting playing him at the point but to lead the team by passing rather than shooting off balance 24ft 2 point jumpers. i personally do not like tmac he has all the skill in the world but i dont think he prepares himself and works hard enough to make himself the best he can be. i firmly believe he has the skills to be the 2nd best passer in the league. hes long with excellent slashing skills which opens up spot up 3s and dump off passes to the bigs. like i said he will never avg 12 assts per game but his skill set is good enough to and i think it would benefit the team for him to penetrate defenses rather than shoot jumpers all game long.

IversonIsKrazy
08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7~7&te=&cash=

Imagine.

PG: AI
SG: T-Mac
SF: Artest
PF: ?
C: Yao

CHAMPIONSHIP BABBYY!

HouRealCoach
08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
How About Mike Harris to ind for Josh McRoberts

JordansBulls
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Bulls Trade: Rose, Deng, Gordon, Noah and Tyrus
Bulls Receive: Yao, T-mac, Head and Brooks

Rockets Trade: Yao, T-mac, Head and Brooks
Rockets Receive: Rose, Deng, Gordon, Noah and Tyrus

Bulls Lineup
PG Hinrich/Brooks/Head
SG T-mac/Hughes
SF Nocioni/Thabo
PF Gooden/Simmons
C Yao/Gray

Rockets Lineup
PG Rose/Alston
SG Deng/Gordon/Barry
SF Artest/Battier
PF Scola/Hayes
C Deke/Tyrus

The big question is would the Rockets do this deal because the Bulls surely would.

rhino17
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
hell no the rockets would not do that deal. The rockets give up their 2 superstars for the bulls scraps?

the bulls would be sick after that trade. i've always thought gooden would be a perfect fit next to yao

BenFrank
10-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Bulls Lineup
PG Hinrich/Brooks/Head
SG T-mac/Hughes
SF Nocioni/Thabo
PF Gooden/Simmons
C Yao/Gray

Rockets Lineup
PG Rose/Alston
SG Deng/Gordon/Barry
SF Artest/Battier
PF Scola/Hayes
C Deke/Tyrus

The big question is would the Rockets do this deal because the Bulls surely would.

Whatever your smokein, please let me hit it

yao pwns noobs
10-06-2008, 12:02 AM
hahaha thats a joke. that would be known as the worst trade of all time and we would become the bo sox of basketball after their trade of babe ruth. so our grandchildren would get to see a rockets championship

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey I know, but Bulls fans said they wouldn't do it which I thought was crazy. I knew Rockets fans wouldn't do it, but now I see clearly that Bulls fans like to overrate their players big time.

Verbal Christ
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Giving up TMac AND Yao for average players would be committing career suicide for Morey. He should look to maybe move Mac to Detroit for Billups and Prince or Hamilton, at least the Pistons are winners, the Bulls suck, and they would just bring that crap with them. No way to that trade.

bball1217
10-06-2008, 11:41 PM
No.

Just No.

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 12:40 AM

Bulls Lineup
PG Hinrich/Brooks/Head
SG T-mac/Hughes
SF Nocioni/Thabo
PF Gooden/Simmons
C Yao/Gray

Rockets Lineup
PG Rose/Alston
SG Deng/Gordon/Barry
SF Artest/Battier
PF Scola/Hayes
C Deke/Tyrus

Wow no.

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM
How About Mike Harris to ind for Josh McRoberts

McRoberts sucks.

fredv
10-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Memphis get:

Luther Head
Mike Harris

Houston get:

Rashad McCants

In McCants we get a young SG who can possibly be the future of our franchise and can learn from the Mac.

Works on trade machine (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3081~2763~2777&teams=16~16~10&te=&cash=)