PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Interested in Louis Williams

Kdirt
07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Espn has reported the Warriors are highly intrigued with signing Louis Williams to an offer sheet. Being from the philly area and watching a few games in person I can say the Philly fans love him and he can def. score for a point man. It would be hard to get him from philly, but with all their money tied into Iggy now I guess its a possibility. IMO he could possibly start at point for us after a year or so and move Monta back to the 2 guard if he didnt work out at point. Would be a small back court though and would likely move Jackson or Maggette to the bench so I dont know how that would play out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=NBA-Notes-080719

The83rdWonder
07-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Lou Williams would be great for the Warriors, but I doubt that Philly doesn't match the deal.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-19-2008, 01:32 PM
He would be a nice pick... would solidify our backcourt along with monta for years....
He is a bit on the smallside so I dont know if the dubs would reallly want to play them alongside.
IMO it would be okay to me, but they said they want a big guard who can play point and guard the bigger guard instead of Monta..

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 01:41 PM
The irony is that Monta and Louis Williams have been rivals since high school, with Monta winning out on their battles. Wonder how Monta feels about this.

I think I'd rather have Bobby Brown. It says Nelli has been scouting him and Watson is not playing in the RMR. If Bobby Brown is on our squad, we have our back-up PG. Heard this guy was trying to dunk over big guys!!! That's just scary considering his only 6'2". I'd rather have BB than Lue, Anthony Johnson or Keyon Dooling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=NBA-Notes-080719

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Not bad. In 23 min per game he averaged 11.5 ppg, 3.2 apg. 21 years old. Not bad at all!

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Louis Williams is a nice player, but at what price? Would you rather have Buike?
I think I would rather resign Buike than pay Williams $4 million per.

Monta and Williams are in the same boat as far as proving they can play PG.

At this point, I'd rather have Monta at point than Williams. If we spend $3-5 million, I want a player with no question marks in regards to playing the PG position. Louis Williams is very talented,but also has question marks in regards to running the PG position.

I think the Dubs could also be driving up the price of Williams or trying to get Williams signed so that the Clips have no other players to sign once Buike is signed.

There's a very interesting chess match occuring between GM's. It's not only getting your players, but keeping other teams within your division from getting players.

I can't wait until Monday to see who's on the Dubs RMR squad. If BB's on there and plays well, I think they sign an experienced PG in BB at 1/4 of the price of Louis Williams.

Conor
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I would love this signing, Williams and Ellis would make for an unstoppable backcourt in the fast break. I would think the 76ers would match, but they're a little financially strapped with the massive contract of Brand and the soon to be massive contract of Iguodala.

danbuc0101
07-19-2008, 03:32 PM
id love to have williams that guy strait balls, hes like a mini monta ellis

ULT WARRIOR408
07-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I Dont See Him Starting But He'll Be A Good Backup To Monta Thow

GoldenSt8OfMind
07-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure if he is a PG but he does have Monta Ellis like talent. He is an explosive scorer but he is probably a little over 6 ft. I do think if we put Ellis and Williams in at the same time it would cause match up problems for the other teams

cali72888
07-19-2008, 04:17 PM
matchup problems on the offencive side of the ball, but i dont think we should run them both at pg and sg, too much of a matchup problem for us on defence.
sign him for a backup pg position and thats it. personally i would rather have williams then buke

flyboy193
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
the warriors dont need lou williams yah have enough wing mans YAh need BIGS

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I'd just be satisfied if they made the sixers pay more for him.

Thatruth32
07-19-2008, 05:50 PM
to be honest i have never heard of him... my boy is a big philly fan and hates tha warriors he couldnt stop prasin tha kid when i just called him to see how good he was ...

Thatruth32
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
the warriors dont need lou williams yah have enough wing mans YAh need BIGS

andris... brandon wright .... turiaf.... randolph.... hendrix... kosta... harrington

GoldenSt8OfMind
07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
andris... brandon wright .... turiaf.... randolph.... hendrix... kosta... harrington

those are suppose to be our bigs but they arent big at all. We don't know aobut kosta...Hendrix (still a stretch), turiaf, biedrins are our only legit bigs for now

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
We will match pretty much whatever you throw on the table.. we need him and philly loves him.

flyboy193
07-19-2008, 10:39 PM

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 02:22 AM
The W's Dont Need Him It Would Be A Serious Waste Of Money

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 02:32 AM
With Belinelli being tried at Point Guard it shows how desperate the Dubs are getting. However, if Belinelli does well it can also signal the end of the chase for Louis Williams. I can't wait to watch the first game of the RMR on Monday.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 02:40 AM
If the warriors are looking for a backup pointguard louis williams aint the answer & i say hell no to bellinelie at point they should try to sign jason williams a.k.a white choc. he's a freeagent

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 02:48 AM
I'd take Belinelli over White Chocolate last year. White Chocolate was done last year.

He shot 38% from the field and couldn't get 5 assists as a starter playing nearly 30 minutes a game. He's 33 and only going to get worse. I'd rather have CJ run the PG than White chocolate.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 02:55 AM
true but he was in miami c'mon now put him on a team like the warriors with the way they play & he'll be productive he may not score alot of points but he would help us in other ways cuz he can still run plus he always was & still is a great passer bellineli is a 3 guard

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Plain and simple, Jayson Williams is overrated.

Jason Williams have never averaged more than 6 assists in the last 4 years as a starter playing with Wade and Shaq. His Fg% decreased the last three years, and how do yo do that when Shaq and Wade are getting double teamed? All he had to do is hit the open shot. Three years ago Miami won a championship and he couldn't even average 3 assists per game.

33, overrated and a has been. Just click on the link.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jason_williams/career_stats.html

danbuc0101
07-20-2008, 03:08 AM
With Belinelli being tried at Point Guard it shows how desperate the Dubs are getting. However, if Belinelli does well it can also signal the end of the chase for Louis Williams. I can't wait to watch the first game of the RMR on Monday.

are they gonna show those games since its not on NBA website??

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:09 AM
he could very well average more then that in the NELLIE BALL system you've even said it yourself this system makes players look better then they are

danbuc0101
07-20-2008, 03:11 AM
true but he was in miami c'mon now put him on a team like the warriors with the way they play & he'll be productive he may not score alot of points but he would help us in other ways cuz he can still run plus he always was & still is a great passer bellineli is a 3 guard

HAHA are u kidding me, hes straight up filth, im positive hes close to done in this league. Louis williams is not a waste of money hes is really good and has shined at times. Plus him and monta in opencourt nelli ball would be insane to watch and defend`

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 03:19 AM
he could very well average more then that in the NELLIE BALL system you've even said it yourself this system makes players look better then they are

I've never said this system makes players look better than they are. Nelli plays to players strengths and this team is going to be different than last year.

Kapono and Damon Jones received BIG contracts hitting wide open shots with Shaq and Wade getting double teamed. Williams couldn't do that and that's one of many reasons why he's a rree agent while Dooling, Anthony Johnson and Tyron Lue all have signed with teams.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:21 AM
if you white choc. in the nellie ball scheme he would due just fine cuz he could run still & he can pass the ball real good plus he has that leadership that we need

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:24 AM
his strength are running & passing & thats part of nellie ball. p.s. you said something kinda like that i remember

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 03:27 AM
Jason Williams is 33, he's not 23, this is not the same player that we saw highlights of years ago. His game and style have play have changed.

I honestly will be surprised if he gets signed. Like Danbuc said he's done. And I'm done talking about this scrub. He's not worth the keystrokes.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:32 AM
i know that but we just need him to be a backup thats all

danbuc0101
07-20-2008, 03:37 AM
i dont even want him as a backup

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:39 AM
i would take him or j.r. smith as backups both are nellie ball guards

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 03:40 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/19/SPDN11S586.DTL

danbuc0101
07-20-2008, 03:43 AM
i think signing louis williams would wind up a solid 2008 free agency for the warriors.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2008, 03:46 AM
i dont know

Shieldsz
07-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Lou Williams plays a lot of 2 guard

garlicboy
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Yup,
Why get another undersized 2 guard still learning to play point guard, we have that in Monta, but Monta is 10x's better.

FNM BOY
07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
^^Why think Philly will let him walk??...They are already depleted at the guard position.....hahahahaha...these rumors make me laugh. You have already signed Turiaf and Maggette...yet to have signed Ellis and Biedrins....who are u going to sacrfice to get LOU???...Bring it on...anything u bring we will match! and if you think u can sign Sign Biedrins Ellis and LOU then u don't know anything about the business and economic aspect of the NBA!!!!

cali72888
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
yea u guys still have to sign iggy also, so dont think that you have all the money in the world to resign players.
tru warrior, williams is garbage, he was when he was with the kings, and he has been even worse with the heat.
i dont want a player coming off the bench who CANNOT score throwing up shots(what williams likes to do alot of), he is old, and is not much of a leader (name one team he lead anywhere), and he really doesent assist much.

would rather have delmonte west, 6'4" pg who playes good defence and has averaged around 12 pts a game throughout his career, with 4 assists given 20-30 mins a game.
not to mention he shot 44% last season, 36% on 3's.

cali72888
07-20-2008, 02:41 PM
you talking about getting williams sounds like people talking about getting telfair, a total JOKE
nelson will not coach, let alone play a player who cannot shoot the ball.

danbuc0101
07-20-2008, 04:02 PM
^^Why think Philly will let him walk??...They are already depleted at the guard position.....hahahahaha...these rumors make me laugh. You have already signed Turiaf and Maggette...yet to have signed Ellis and Biedrins....who are u going to sacrfice to get LOU???...Bring it on...anything u bring we will match! and if you think u can sign Sign Biedrins Ellis and LOU then u don't know anything about the business and economic aspect of the NBA!!!!

we dont have to give up either of them, we can go over the cap with the signings of monta and biedrens which is why were trying to sign another player hence the louis williams rumors.

Tmac416
07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
^^And you my friend are an idiot to the 10th power...because juts like u can go over the cap to sign Ellis and Biedrins...we can over the cap to sign Lou!! And can match any ****ty offer u propose....Do you know anything before you post! Crash Dummie!!

cool im sure you will. it never even said anythign about the sicers not amtching but were still gonna put out an offer sheet and if its high enough you guys wont match. you cleary overvaule him to the 10th power. hes no ellis and he is no kinda of max player. you probably will keep him. but when monta kills him again like he has done all of this career against willaims, we will be the ones laughing.

Saltinuts40
07-20-2008, 05:54 PM

Brand's big contract, Iggy's big contract and Miller's big contract is why they might not pay for their future at point guard.

With Brand, Miller, and Iggy, they can compete with Boston and Detroit. They might decide the short term is more important, and with Brand, the window is only so big.

I hope they decide the short term is more important.

Louis Williams and Monta Ellis would be the fastest backcourt in basketball. Nash and Barbosa can't come close.

Conor
07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
You guys are showing serious immaturity right now. FNM Boy, if you're just coming here to bait and stir up crap with Warriors fans, you should stick to the 76ers forum. Warriors fans responding to his BS, there's no need for the name calling and 6th grade insults.

Saltinuts40
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/100-07212008-1565846.html

Published reports show Golden State is roughly $4.5 million under the salary cap after the Lakers declined to match the Warriors' offer sheet to Ronny Turiaf, meaning it could offer Williams as much as $26 million over five years (counting annual raises of $350,000).

I say we do this and let Buke go. Williams is just coming into his own and is only 21.

Williams, Ellis, Maggette, Wright, and Biedrins is a great long term lineup with Bellinelli, Randolph and Turiaf coming off the bench. For the short term we still have veterans Jackson and Harrington to give us a great 10 man rotation with Watson, Hendrix, and Perovic fighting for the final two spots of the 12 man roster.

FNM BOY
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
in all your hopes please remember that Philly has the right to match any of our restricted free agents...and if Lou does go he ain going for nothing cause our roster is already depleted.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/100-07212008-1565846.html

Published reports show Golden State is roughly $4.5 million under the salary cap after the Lakers declined to match the Warriors' offer sheet to Ronny Turiaf, meaning it could offer Williams as much as $26 million over five years (counting annual raises of $350,000).

I say we do this and let Buke go. Williams is just coming into his own and is only 21.

Williams, Ellis, Maggette, Wright, and Biedrins is a great long term lineup with Bellinelli, Randolph and Turiaf coming off the bench. For the short term we still have veterans Jackson and Harrington to give us a great 10 man rotation with Watson, Hendrix, and Perovic fighting for the final two spots of the 12 man roster.

NO WAY I sign Lou Williams an undersized SG for $5 million/year. Funny thing is, I don't think that's enough, Philly would match that. I'd rather sign Azubuike, a better defender, shooter and rebounder for 3/year for only 3 years and spend another 2-3 million on a proven back-up PG in Carlos Arroyo.

Why have 2 midgets in the backcourt in Lou Williams and Monta. People don't even know that Lou and Monta we're rivals in high school. Not sure how they'd get along playing together, both wanting the ball in their hands.

I think Lou is very nice young player, but too expensive and a poor man's Monta if that. At his price, we can sign a true PG.

danbuc0101
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I say we do this if we trade AL for a true backup PG, and then we will get rid of AL's ridiculous contract and we will get even more money back. Then we will resign buke. Cuz personally id love to see AL go, i jus dont see why ppl think hes any good. But other than that id rather have buke who already has proven himself on this team.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Al can opt out next summer, let's hope he does.

Liney3506
07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
First, I apologize for my fellow Sixers forum guys coming in here and baiting. It's not needed, when we can all just get along in basketball harmony.

Second, I honestly think the Sixers match whatever offer is put on the table for Lou. He's a part of their core, and a much better option off the bench, than Willie ****ing Green. He's our backup PG/SG, and we can't afford to lose him. Period.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I Didnt Now I Know & I Hope We Get Him

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
First, I apologize for my fellow Sixers forum guys coming in here and baiting. It's not needed, when we can all just get along in basketball harmony.

Second, I honestly think the Sixers match whatever offer is put on the table for Lou. He's a part of their core, and a much better option off the bench, than Willie ****ing Green. He's our backup PG/SG, and we can't afford to lose him. Period.

I appreciate the apology and yeah, I dont' think we're signing Lou, too expensive. I think we resigning Azubuike and driving up the price of Lou for the Clips/eliminating another target for the Clips.

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Well there is arumor going around said yall got Marcus Williams for a future 1st rounder...so looks like Lou is out fot he picture now

flyboy193
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Well there is arumor going around said yall got Marcus Williams for a future 1st rounder...so looks like Lou is out fot he picture now

Yup :clap::clap::clap::D

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
LOU is way better than Marcus....thanks guys...good choice:)

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
LOU is way better than Marcus....thanks guys...good choice:)

I'm glad, we have Monta whose way better than Lou and Marcus is a Pass first PG, that's the kind of back-up PG that we need.

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 01:28 PM
i think u need to edit your post!

Liney3506
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm glad, we have Monta whose way better than Lou and Marcus is a Pass first PG, that's the kind of back-up PG that we need.

Truth. You got a steal in Marcus. He just needed a chance to play somewhere.