PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Lou Williams -Sixers close to signing

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Was watching comcast tonight, and they said that they talked to Lou's agent. He said that he expects the sixers and them to agree to a deal pretty soon.

You can trust me guys.. i dont have a link though...

McPeak92
07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
hip hip HORAY

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I figured this, i mean there were no rumors of him getting other offers so i have really no doubt.. i just hope we didnt overpay him. Anything over 6 mil per is over-paying..

flyinhawaiian
07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
no surprise

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 01:29 AM
just good to hear that a deal WILL happen... until we have Iggy back though... i wont
sleep easy

Ed don't pull a BK, and don't OVERPAY :pray:

flyinhawaiian
07-19-2008, 01:31 AM
just good to hear that a deal WILL happen... until we have Iggy back though... i wont
sleep easy

Ed don't pull a BK, and don't OVERPAY :pray:

I trust Ed, especially without hearing about anyone being interested in lou will

McPeak92
07-19-2008, 01:51 AM
i hope we didn't offer too much for him, maybe something similar to what posey got, 4 years 25 mil is probably the most i would give.

Liney3506
07-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Was watching comcast tonight, and they said that they talked to Lou's agent. He said that he expects the sixers and them to agree to a deal pretty soon.

You can trust me guys.. i dont have a link though...

FAIL. WHYYYYYYYYYY NO LINKYYYYYYYYY.

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 02:20 AM
they said it through TV soo no link.. ill try to find one though

Iggydelphia
07-19-2008, 03:16 AM
link or no link he will sign

McPeak92
07-19-2008, 03:43 AM
link or no link he will sign

actaully i have been told by multiple sources that if sheildsz doesnt post a link Williams plans on going to boston and blackmailing the sixers into not matching unless a link is posted within the next 24 hours.

Iggydelphia
07-19-2008, 04:06 AM
yea good memory.. i think i remember hearing that on sportsnight a while ago.. so sheildsz find a link.. or we will hear dei lynam tomorrow night with the news

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 09:00 AM
^ ? You do know he was kidding right.. good job at reading the post before yours thoroughly.. :rolleyes:

BADizzleBoY
07-19-2008, 11:03 AM
bam!

sixer04fan
07-19-2008, 11:21 AM
i hope we didn't offer too much for him, maybe something similar to what posey got, 4 years 25 mil is probably the most i would give.

in my opinion, that would be really bad if we paid him that much... but everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

Westbrook36
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I have him in the NBA Re-Draft and I only have like 10.4m Left. With Louis only counting as 1m. Hopefully nothing big. Also if its over 6m then I think its a reach. Hes going to be very good but at this point in his career 6m is too much

AirJordanXVIII
07-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I agree. The deal that Posey got is about right.....

Good I think we'll lock up both now. I was worried about Lou not resigning more than Iggy not resigning...

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry to say it guys.

LAS VEGAS -- My third and last dish dispatch from the stands of the NBA Summer League at UNLV:

The Los Angeles Clippers started it all on July 1 by signing Baron Davis away from the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors answered by signing Corey Maggette away from the Clippers. The Philadelphia 76ers swung next and hit the Clippers with a haymaker by convincing Elton Brand to scuttle his partnership with Davis in Hollywood before it ever began. The Clippers countered by signing Warriors restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike to an offer sheet after trading for Denver's Marcus Camby.

So ...

You wouldn't quite describe what's happened with the Clips, Warriors and Sixers as a love triangle.

This not-so-heartwarming story might not be over, either.

NBA front-office sources say that the Warriors -- hoping they can find someone else of quality to spare young Monta Ellis from inheriting all of Baron's old ballhandling duties -- are highly intrigued by the idea of signing Sixers guard Louis Williams to an offer sheet.

It's not yet clear whether Golden State would have enough leftover salary-cap space to extend an offer to Williams sufficiently prohibitive for Philly to match after the highly expected re-signings of their own restricted free agents: Ellis (coming soon) and center Andris Biedrins. There would also undoubtedly be questions about how much Williams and Ellis could play together in a less-than-physically imposing backcourt and with Maggette and Stephen Jackson sure to command lots of minutes.

It's also possible that the Warriors could identify another prime target to chase, since I'm told they're evaluating numerous scenarios these days.

Yet there's little doubt that Williams' scoring knack suggests would make him an intriguing fit in Don Nelson's system. Which must be why one plugged-in source believes that the Warriors, in spite of the obstacles, are planning to make a "big run" at him.

rafhi
07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
i know this has nothin to do with lou but we got a trade exception from the rondey carney deal worth like 2.8 plus the money we have leaft we could do a sign a trade for a player that is a free agent

flyinhawaiian
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Sorry to say it guys.

LAS VEGAS -- My third and last dish dispatch from the stands of the NBA Summer League at UNLV:

The Los Angeles Clippers started it all on July 1 by signing Baron Davis away from the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors answered by signing Corey Maggette away from the Clippers. The Philadelphia 76ers swung next and hit the Clippers with a haymaker by convincing Elton Brand to scuttle his partnership with Davis in Hollywood before it ever began. The Clippers countered by signing Warriors restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike to an offer sheet after trading for Denver's Marcus Camby.

So ...

You wouldn't quite describe what's happened with the Clips, Warriors and Sixers as a love triangle.

This not-so-heartwarming story might not be over, either.

NBA front-office sources say that the Warriors -- hoping they can find someone else of quality to spare young Monta Ellis from inheriting all of Baron's old ballhandling duties -- are highly intrigued by the idea of signing Sixers guard Louis Williams to an offer sheet.

It's not yet clear whether Golden State would have enough leftover salary-cap space to extend an offer to Williams sufficiently prohibitive for Philly to match after the highly expected re-signings of their own restricted free agents: Ellis (coming soon) and center Andris Biedrins. There would also undoubtedly be questions about how much Williams and Ellis could play together in a less-than-physically imposing backcourt and with Maggette and Stephen Jackson sure to command lots of minutes.

It's also possible that the Warriors could identify another prime target to chase, since I'm told they're evaluating numerous scenarios these days.

Yet there's little doubt that Williams' scoring knack suggests would make him an intriguing fit in Don Nelson's system. Which must be why one plugged-in source believes that the Warriors, in spite of the obstacles, are planning to make a "big run" at him.

make sure you quote and link where u got the information from

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=NBA-Notes-080719

flyboy193
07-19-2008, 04:04 PM
lou will stay

FNM BOY
07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
^ Most definently!

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 04:48 PM
yezzir

Jeff Boyd
07-19-2008, 05:04 PM
in my opinion, that would be really bad if we paid him that much... but everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

I disagree, I think he might be one of the best 6th men in the league, I know he is light years away from Manu but he's up there and he is excatly what we need comming of the bench, anything around that Posey deal Im fine with

Shieldsz
07-19-2008, 05:08 PM
anything over 6 mil a year im not fine with

Jeff Boyd
07-19-2008, 05:14 PM
anything over 6 mil a year im not fine with

I would be fine with 6 thats bascially the M.L.E.

However, I will be expecting a lot from him now if he signs that type of deal.

phillyfan5
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
I figured this, i mean there were no rumors of him getting other offers so i have really no doubt.. i just hope we didnt overpay him. Anything over 6 mil per is over-paying..

next to sixerlover, i trust u most

PhillyLuver
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Okayyyyy.

I'm sure he feels empowered

Shieldsz
07-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I feel amazing right now.

I AM A TRUSTED INDIVIDUAL!

BADizzleBoY
07-21-2008, 07:33 PM
no i hate you...

HipSlappyJoe
07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
:dance: hooray!

wait... you dont have a link.

:guns:

Sixerlover
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
link?

BADizzleBoY
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
you know a link?

Shieldsz
07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I told you guys.. read the 1st post

This was broadcasted on COMCAST.. Television. I looked on comcast's website but it wasn't on there. My ears didn't decieve me.. i'm not lying

sixersfan2
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
sportsnite said G.S. is about to make an offer no link so watch it tonight

BADizzleBoY
07-21-2008, 09:39 PM
dude I HATE THE WARRIORS!

flyboy193
07-21-2008, 10:31 PM
^^^^u hate them

McPeak92
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I told you guys.. read the 1st post

This was broadcasted on COMCAST.. Television. I looked on comcast's website but it wasn't on there. My ears didn't decieve me.. i'm not lying

yeah dude i saw it on comcast too.

BADizzleBoY
07-21-2008, 10:51 PM
^^^^u hate them

yeah, i think i said that.

Iggydelphia
07-22-2008, 05:16 AM
if we let williams go.. this offseason would go from an A- to a C

Sixersfan41
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Posted on Tue, Jul. 22, 2008

Sixers in talks on new contract for Lou Williams

Philadelphia Daily News
What happens in Las Vegas, at least in terms of the NBA's summer league, isn't necessarily destined to stay there.

It took several days for the news to filter back, but the 76ers last week had their first face-to-face meeting with agent Merle Scott concerning the possibility of a new contract for Sixers restricted free-agent guard Lou Williams.

Scott confirmed that a meeting had taken place with Sixers president/general manager Eddie Stefanski and assistant general manager Tony DiLeo.

Stefanski has said repeatedly that he intends to re-sign Williams and Andre Iguodala, who is also restricted. Iguodala is training with the Select Team that is helping prepare the U.S. Olympic team for the competition in Beijing, but will not participate in scrimmages because of his contractual status.

Scott said the Sixers have made clear their "parameters of interest" in Williams, who has spent all three seasons of his pro career in Philadelphia.

Responding to an ESPN.com report that the Golden State Warriors could be considering tendering an offer sheet, Scott said, "A number of teams have shown interest, but no one has put out an offer sheet."

"We've had good conversations, good dialogue back and forth with the Sixers, and we're continuing to talk," Scott said. "Right now, this is a matter of us doing our due diligence, and the Sixers have been more than obliging in their willingness to communicate."

If a team were to tender an offer sheet, the Sixers would have 7 days to match. *

- Phil Jasner

philly.com

AirJordanXVIII
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
^^ Be more specific with your link....

I still dont get why you guys are so scared about Lou leaving... I'm 95% sure he's coming back.

flyboy193
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=6246

since warriors traded for marcus williams i think they are not going to go after
lou williams because know they have less money Yesssssss

Now is more like 100% he will sign with us lol

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
^^Yep...I wasn't to worried.

Iodine
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah, i think i said that.

When I saw that my head started hurting

Anyway Lou is pretty much ours no worries so I won't have to sell his naked Lou blow-up doll

Shieldsz
07-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Iodine your nasty.

Iodine
07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Your the one who showed my the pictures

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
:puke: thats nasty lol.

AirJordanXVIII
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
:pity: Iodine.....

Let's get back on topic.

Liney3506
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
There was a topic?

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Pls can someone post something related to the signing of Lou in here!!!

AirJordanXVIII
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Yea... Warriors probably arent getting Lou now that Marcus is on their team..