PDA

View Full Version : No teams have called J.R.; Nugs expressed interest in Kwame

DenButsu
07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
...and Dahntay Jones seems to be interested in signing with Denver if the deal is right for him:

Nuggets only team to show interest in J.R. Smith
Free-agent guard has not heard from other teams

J.R. Smith hasn't received much more interest this summer than J.R. Rider.

If the Nuggets had fears of some team swooping in to sign the restricted free-agent guard to a big offer sheet, they can breathe easier.

Smith was asked Friday if he'd heard this summer from any other teams.

"Not yet," he said.

Wait a minute. You haven't heard from any teams having interest in signing you?

"I haven't heard from anybody," he said.

Smith said he hasn't gotten an offer from the Nuggets, other than the option to return next season for the $3.04 million qualifying offer. He said it's too early to say whether he might take that offer, which would enable him to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

"I'm not sure yet. I'd have to go over that with my people," said Smith, who said he plans to talk to his representatives "at the end of the month."

Entering a late game against Houston on Friday, Jones was the leading scorer for Denver in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 19 points in three games. And he has remained a free agent.

"We're talking about it quite a bit," Jones' agent, Mark Bartelstein, said of his client possibly signing with the Nuggets for next season. "There's interest, but there's interest from a lot of teams. . . . We're going to jump at the first good situation."...

"I'd like to play for (the Nuggets)," said Dahntay Jones, who concludes summer play for Denver tonight against the Lakers. "I think I bring them a player who can attack the basket, have a little flash and provide outside shooting and defense."

Bartelstein said the Nuggets have talked to him about client Kwame Brown, a free-agent big man. But Bartelstein doubts Brown is a viable Nuggets option.

"I think they're in a cost-cutting mode," Bartelstein said.rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/18/nuggets-only-team-to-show-interest-in-jr-smith/)

And now Dahntay has gone on to outdo himself in the 4th summer league game, scoring 29 points on 6-8 from the field and 17-19 from the line. :speechless: In 4 games he's averaged 21.5 points on .556 shooting, with 2.5 rebounds, in 25.8 minutes.

C-Dub
07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I bet we could use him on the roster, and I want to see a dunk contest between Weems and Smith too. lol, we all know it eva gonna happen

BRAVE KID
07-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Dahntay Jones former duke player, I watched him quite a bit in college but as far as the NBA I haven't kept up with him. I know he can dunk but not sure about the D or the perimeter shooting..anybody been watching how he plays D?

mgthompson
07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
I know this probably won't happen but what if we lose JR and sign Kwame. What an off-season. :o

avsman05
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
I know this probably won't happen but what if we lose JR and sign Kwame. What an off-season. :o

what a horrible dream that would be

flyboy193
07-19-2008, 04:55 PM
i dont have enough money to sign both of them but jr is better but kwame is somebody yah need

dwanna23
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
J.R smith is good so resign him ASAP. and come on Kwame Brown? that a huge down grade from camby! next best thing is Chandler.... so nuggets need to focus on getting a big center for dirt cheap and getting a good defense of piont guard and can shoot from the outside!

3RDASYSTEM
07-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Sign Kwame, He Plays Better Man D Than Camby Plus He's More Physical, He Doesnt Score Much But He Will Actually Post Up Somethin Camby Never Did, Weems And Lofton Should Make Squad Cuz Lofton Is A Dead Eye 3 Shooter And He Showed Nba Range In College, Plus Re Signin Smith Is A Must

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Sad cuz J.R. is a baller too.