PDA

View Full Version : Why is Phoenix not being considered in the Lebron Sweepstakes?

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I just don't understand, when you look at the fact that Phoenix will be able to offer Lebron the same amount of money that any other team will be able to, why couldn't he come here? Especially when you consider the fact that a pairing of Lebron and Amare for years to come is incredibly frightening.

Maybe I just don't understand but what other team could offer Lebron a better situation?

We would have a lineup like this:

Goran Dragic/Steve Nash
Leandro Barbosa/DJ Strawberry
Lebron James/Boris Diaw
Amare Stoudemire/Boris Diaw
Robin Lopez

Sign a few key role players to thicken out the bench and that lineup is freaking scary man... I just don't get why Lebron wouldn't want to sign here.

lorenz00
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
in ur dreams!

bostncelts34
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Rondo
Pierce
Lebron
Kg
Perk/O'bryant

sounds better :)

lorenz00
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
and lebron knows offense win games defence win championship thats y he ll never signing in phoenix!

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Ah lorenzo both of those were intelligent posts.... Phoenix is going to play defense now that Coach D. is gone.

BostnCelts34 with what cap space do you intend to sign Lebron with?

bostncelts34
07-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Ah lorenzo both of those were intelligent posts.... Phoenix is going to play defense now that Coach D. is gone.

BostnCelts34 with what cap space do you intend to sign Lebron with?

haha just dreaming as big as you are thinking he will go to phoenix. and boston will have alot of cap space in '10. Ray's and Scal's contracts both expire. Obv. not enough for lebron probabaly. But we will have money :)

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Lebron will command the max something Boston can't give him. But seriously do you have a real reason as to why Lebron won't sign in Phoenix? I just don't get why he wouldn't at least consider us. Especially since we will offer him a max just like everybody else and he could play alongside stat.

Lakers_ftw
07-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Doesn't Lebron get a huge bonus from Nike if he goes to a big city. LA,Chicago,NY ? He wants MAX contract and his bonus=Knicks or Nets

Ramon Nivar
07-19-2008, 12:40 AM
If LeBron leaves it will be for a big market. As much as I hate to say it, Phoenix isn't a big market yet and I doubt it will become one in a few years.

tommer1961
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Y probably because they wont have enough cap sapce in 2010 to get him and retain amare, if im correct he hit FA that year too but im not quite sure.

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 12:45 AM
If LeBron leaves it will be for a big market. As much as I hate to say it, Phoenix isn't a big market yet and I doubt it will become one in a few years.

I agree. He'll play for Brooklyn or NY.

FreedomReigns
07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Hate to so it Stat32 but Lebron probably will be in the Big Apple.

Amare's contract expires the same year and the Suns will be scrambling to get him resigned if they haven't done it by then.

Besides, signing Kobe at that point would be cheaper.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:48 AM
So basically Lebron would rather play for a crappy team but make some more money in endorsements than sign with a good team that would become an absolutely great team.

Ahh money.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Yea but Kobe will be too old. I'd rather sign Dwade plus I think we're giving amare a contract extension next summer.

Sixerlover
07-19-2008, 12:52 AM
^ Which means they'll have even less money.

ARMIN12NBA
07-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Lebrons fave cities are:

New York
Los Angeles
Washington D.C.
Chicago
Akron

Lebron only wants to play for those cities and Akron is last only because that's his hometown. Anyways, Lebron has a clause in his contract with Nike that if he lands in Los Angeles or New York then he will get a substantial amount of money to go along with he already has. Pheonix- will never happen.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 12:55 AM
^^^ Oh well then that nixes that.

bball1217
07-19-2008, 01:00 AM
he will consider phoenix, but then one minute later will decide he wants to go the nets or knicks

goku
07-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Rondo
Pierce
Lebron
Kg
Perk/O'bryant

sounds better :)

lebron and pierce are both point forwards

Indi23
07-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Lol all this big talk about lebron .. im Concerned about only one thing atm. i just wanna lock up Amare.. well if Amare and Lebron start becoming good buddies dunking on everyone in china maybe they'll like to continue that in the future.:) (Dreams are always nice)

gcoll
07-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Why would Lebron leave one smaller market (Cleveland) to come to another small market team?

hgtiger32
07-19-2008, 01:35 AM
just thinking of some wildcards:

Hornets: Paul, LeBron, Julian Wright, David West
Heat: Wade, LeBron, Beasley
Oklahoma City ???: Durrant, Jeff Green, LeBron...lots of $$$ room

another thought...do you think that Sebastian Telfair would do better if his "pal" lebron would be on his team

LakersOrNothing
07-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I wish Lakers would have the money to sign him.. undoubtful with the amount of high pay our key players are paid.

LeBron just wants to be in a big market, and it's obvious that there's only a few states (LA, Chi, NY, and ??) that can be considered big markets, and sadly Arizona isn't one of them. I see him going to the Nets over LA, Chi, or the Knicks only because he and Jay-Z are tight.

But yea, if he was to go to any team that is already packed with 2-3 stars then it's obvious that it would make that team, Suns or any team, instant championship contenders.

Chi-Town Finest
07-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Im sure Bron Bron would consider anyone with cap space.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 02:22 AM
If he came to Phoenix and paired with Stoudemire they become powerhouses for the next 8 years. They'd probably win multiple titles, how is a few more million in endorsement dollars worth more than a dynasty?

Reezy
07-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Phoenix is the 5th largest city (population wise) in the nation. Even beating out places like Philadelphia and San Francisco.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 03:03 AM
The Phoenix Metropolitan area is absolutely massive.

Dirty Dirk41
07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Lebron will command the max something Boston can't give him. But seriously do you have a real reason as to why Lebron won't sign in Phoenix? I just don't get why he wouldn't at least consider us. Especially since we will offer him a max just like everybody else and he could play alongside stat.

Heres a reason he wont go to Phoenix. Jay-Z is no where near there. to me its not just he wants to play in his FAVORITE city NY. But Jay-Z is a close close friend. Lebron wants to be KING of NY. who wants 2 be king of phoenix?? Icant see Bron goin anywhere else but Brooklyn

Dirty Dirk41
07-19-2008, 08:58 AM
If he came to Phoenix and paired with Stoudemire they become powerhouses for the next 8 years. They'd probably win multiple titles, how is a few more million in endorsement dollars worth more than a dynasty?

are u kiddin me??? Theres been NUMBERS OF PLAYERS who could have took less to play on a Title contender an then jet for the money. He does have a family and if a Team is going to offer millions more thats Millions more his family benefits from.

dodie53
07-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I

Goran Dragic/Steve Nash
Lebron James/Boris Diaw
Robin Lopez

sick line-up.

it's free to dream right?
:)

noturnormalhero
07-19-2008, 09:53 AM
wont lie..i never even for a sec considered lebron to the suns but cant see it happening because how many more years does nash really have? a stoudamire and james match up would be insane but they'd need more of a supporting cast..doubt james wants to leave his situation in the cavs and come to a similar situation somewhere else. he's going to go where he gets paid the most and where he can contend as well. to a place where they give him what he wants pretty much

theimortalone
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM

I totally agree with you stat. With those 2 alone, they would average 60+ ppg. Phoenix needs to make a run at him!

njdevilsnnets
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Why aren't they considered in the Lebron Sweepstakes?

Because the New Jersey Nets will get Lebron James, and are the only team that are in the sweepstakes.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
wont lie..i never even for a sec considered lebron to the suns but cant see it happening because how many more years does nash really have? a stoudamire and james match up would be insane but they'd need more of a supporting cast..doubt james wants to leave his situation in the cavs and come to a similar situation somewhere else. he's going to go where he gets paid the most and where he can contend as well. to a place where they give him what he wants pretty much

We could offer Lebron just as much money as anybody else and pairing Lebron and Amare alone makes you a title contender for years to come. If he joined the Suns they would be the best team in the NBA. Can you say the same thing for the Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks? No, odds are the Knicks are still trash by then. The Nets will be old and without a legitimate star to pair with Lebron (Vince Carter)?

PhxGiant
07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
The only two things i can think of are,

1. Money- But thats no secret.
2. Distance- I'm sure most, if not all of his family is on the east coast.

Other than those two things i dont see a legit reason why we cant get him.

Nash's contract, Shaq's contract, Raja's contract ALL OFF THE BOOKS, so we will have plenty of room.

Amare and Lebron = Godliness.

SUNSFAN4EVER
07-19-2008, 03:22 PM
STAT, totally feel you with the Suns as a possible suitor for LBJ in 2010, but we still have to see how this next year plays out with Porter as coach... I'm still not sold he's the solution to our defensive problems (Milwaukee), and whether he would play the brand of basketball that would attract big time ballers. Stat and LBJ would be the pairing of the Franchises' history and it would be frightening and I'm ALL 4 It.
I'm a lifetime suns fan, and I wish things were different here in Phoenix in regards to it not being a Big Market. But in reality I don't see how they could compete with a big market like NY or Brooklyn.

Food for thought:When's the last time a big time player signed here that was being courted by a big market team like NY, Chi, and LA???? (Jordan, Kobe, and soon 2 b, LBJ)

We have gotten good and great players through to trades and drafts, but FA signings are something the suns don't do well. Let's face it.

argo
07-19-2008, 03:38 PM
wait and see who is both a contender and who has the cap space to sign him to a ridiculous contract when he becomes a free agent before worrying about who's being "considered" now.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 04:08 PM
The only two things i can think of are,

1. Money- But thats no secret.
2. Distance- I'm sure most, if not all of his family is on the east coast.

Other than those two things i dont see a legit reason why we cant get him.

Nash's contract, Shaq's contract, Raja's contract ALL OFF THE BOOKS, so we will have plenty of room.

Amare and Lebron = Godliness.

How is money an issue? We could offer him the same deal everyone else would be offering him minus the bonus Nike will give him. But would that bonus be worth giving up a possible/probable dynasty?

rapswin98
07-19-2008, 04:12 PM
cause NY and Nets are not afraid to give him a huge contract, most likely record breaking and he wants be in the spotlight

STAT32
07-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Why can't Phoenix give him a "record breaking" contract? We have the cap space....

*Superman*
07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
He will be in a Brooklyn Jersey, cause him and Jay-Z are tight and its a big market too. Why do you think they are moving New Jersey their, cause of LeBrooklyn.

dre1990
07-19-2008, 04:59 PM
they have to sign amare da same year

Master P
07-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Taking a rational approach to the Lebron situation we can conclude two things that are required by any team looking to sign him (including cavs).

1) Money.
2) Another superstar (or two).

In regards to MONEY you can basically narrow things down to: Cleveland, New York, Brooklyn, LAs. Cleveland has the ability to offer him more per year and a longer contract due to the cba. the other city's provided bonus's in endorsments.

In regards to having ANOTHER STAR, I feel we have to consider teams already with stars and the financial capacity to get another. This is because a player's original team can offer a star more money and the extra year. Maybe a team can convince one star to leave their city in favour of less money and security, but two? I think that's a stretch. Therefore, this list for 2010 contains: Cleveland (lebron), Miami (wade), Denver (mello), Phoenix (amare), OK (durant), Toronto (bosh), other?

My breakdown of each team:
- cleveland: they can give the richest / longest contract. However, they need to show a commitment to bringing in another player or two with Lebron, as well as have a plan to fill out the roster.

- New York: They have the money and offer the bonus in endorsments. However, they cannot offer as much per year, or as many years, to lebron or any other star player they try and bring in. The current young talent on the team may develop into a solid roll playing group behind lebron and another star.

- New Jersey - see New York, yet in my opinion with much better young talent to possibly compliment lebron and another star.

LAs - both teams would have to be willing to go way into the luxury tax to get lebron. So much so that I just can't see either team doing it unless they make trades to overhawl each roster. The laker's aren't going to, and no way Lebron goes to the Clippers. Sorry LAs, no Lebron for you...

Miami - has the ability to offer wade the big-time money and length of contract. the concept of playing beside dwayne and chilling on south-beach might appeal to lebron (who knows how he spends his free-time) enough for him to accept less money / less length. Parallel to this is Cleveland's chances of getting Wade.

Denver - same situation as Miami in regards to locking up Mello and convincing Lebron that playing video games in your living room with a view of the mountains is awesome. The thing I dont like about Denver is mello's attitude. The thing I do like about Denver is if someone they pulled off the Mello and Lebron freak-show, they could probably resign AI for cheap to serve as a good third option. But again, maybe Mello leaves the Nuggets.

Phoenix - the chance to play with amare with nash on his last legs could be appealing. However, Server is allergic to the luxury tax so no way he spends an extra few dollars to ensure great roll players. Also, I personally dont think Amare is that great a player. I just can't see lebron in suns orange, but I can see no playoffs in Phoenix by 2010/2011.

OK - does anyone even know what they are going to name this team? is it even worth discussing a team without a name's chances of landing lebron? does that city have anything to offer nba players in regards to enjoying life off the court? I mean if Atlanta is so boring vick had to wrestle dogs, what are nba superstars going to do in OK? Seriously, in 10 years half the city's population will have been fathered by nba players.

Toronto - I dont know what Lebron's feel on playing in Canada would be, but lets assume it's not high on the list. Then the only thing Raptorland has going for it is it's proximity to Cleveland and it's location still on a great-lake. However, just like Phoenix the ownership of Maple Leaf Sports (it's actually the teachers union run by a board of directers) will not pay the luxury tax. Not even Bryan Colangelo can make that deal happen.

So let's keep throwing his name around. Needless to say the 2010/2011 offseason will be exciting. I can't say whether Lebron will leave Cleveland, but I think enough talent is available that offseason that if he stays with the Cavs they will have a new running-mate for him. My feeling is he will be in Cleveland, but if he does go my short list of teams he'll suit up for is Miami.

nashty13
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Dude people are soooo freaking stupid. Phoenix is a top 5 city in America population wise. The only bigger markets in the NBA are the lakers, knicks, boston and we're right there with chi town and miami. The nets, when they move to brooklyn will be on this list too. The only valid argument I read is omething I already knew, bron bron's clause in his NIKE contract.
As for the 2010 season, Nash will not be under contract either so something like 35 Mil will come off the books between him and shaq. Thats a grip of dough, so no one can say we wont have enough money even after we re-up Amare. Amare and bron bron in '10

thephoenixson28
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok there is a big possibility that lebron comes to phoenix because we can offer him big money while having a big all star in amare and maybe nash if he resigns so he will have good players and for everyone that's says phoenix aint a big market don't know what they are talking about and they think the nets are if lebron wants to go and play with a player in yi with the nets or nate robinson in ny he is going to mess up his legacy of being a champion so lebron get your money but also have a chance of getting a championship so lebron be smart come to phoenix

STAT32
07-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Not to mention wouldn't winning a couple titles more than make up for that Nike clause money wise anyway?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I just don't understand, when you look at the fact that Phoenix will be able to offer Lebron the same amount of money that any other team will be able to, why couldn't he come here? Especially when you consider the fact that a pairing of Lebron and Amare for years to come is incredibly frightening.

Maybe I just don't understand but what other team could offer Lebron a better situation?

Goran Dragic/Steve Nash
Lebron James/Boris Diaw
Robin Lopez
Sign a few key role players to thicken out the bench and that lineup is freaking scary man... I just don't get why Lebron wouldn't want to sign here.

To be honest, I dont see that team getting out of the second round.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
^^^ Really, even with some solid free agent signings? Most people will disagree with you.

BH-Sports
07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
i dont know why everyone here is disagreeing. I can see this hapenning. Why not. whats the point of being the king of brooklyn if u cant win it all?

STAT32
07-19-2008, 05:48 PM
^^^^ Finally someone gets it. Why would Lebron want to go to NY or Brooklyn unless he can actually win? And to be honest I don't see either of those teams being anywhere close to title contenders in 2 years. Both Brooklyn and NY would be worse situations for Lebron than Cleveland is right now.

ee
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Goran Dragic/Steve Nash
Lebron James/Boris Diaw
Robin Lopez

Well, any team with a cap space to cover him can be considered......The only reason why you're not part of the buzz aswell as many other teams with cap is because of some of the noise he made about NY......

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
^^^ Really, even with some solid free agent signings? Most people will disagree with you.

But how much money do you think you would have with Lebron taking 20 million and Amare taking another 20. How much is Nash going to be getting payed that year? Barbosa is going to command 8 to 10 mill. The only free agents you could sign would be mid level players. There has not been a signing for the mid level for anyone that the team has not regretted. Plus the Center and PG position looks really week to me. Those two positions are the most important in the NBA

STAT32
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Nash expires that year so he will sign on for cheap probably a vet min. Barbosa would still be under contract with his current salary which is cheap right now.

We'll have money to spare even if we do end up re-upping Stat and signing Lebron. Plus the salary cap will be higher by then. We'll have at least 7-8 million to sign some good role players. The center position isn't too bad especially since Robin is looking like he will end up being a solid starter.

PhxGiant
07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
How is money an issue? We could offer him the same deal everyone else would be offering him minus the bonus Nike will give him. But would that bonus be worth giving up a possible/probable dynasty?

I understand that, i simply meant the infamous "Nike bonus", should have been more specific.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 06:04 PM
^^^ Wouldn't he make up that Nike Bonus if he won a couple titles?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Nash expires that year so he will sign on for cheap probably a vet min. Barbosa would still be under contract with his current salary which is cheap right now.

We'll have money to spare even if we do end up re-upping Stat and signing Lebron. Plus the salary cap will be higher by then. We'll have at least 7-8 million to sign some good role players. The center position isn't too bad especially since Robin is looking like he will end up being a solid starter.

Okay:) Im not disagreeing that it would be great. I think Lebron on any team has a great chance and especially if you pair him with a beast like Stat. But I do see some holes. Both Lebron and Stat are well known crappy defenders. I dont see Lopez as being a big force against the top bigs in the league. And to be honest I have never heard of that PG. I dont even know who would be coming off the bench. But like I said, any team with Lebron is going to be in contention.

thephoenixson28
07-19-2008, 06:09 PM
this will show you phoenix is a big market http://www.nbawire.com/franchise-valuations.html and then you will know

STAT32
07-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Nash, Strawberry, Diaw, Tucker. plus a few decent free agent signings thats who comes off the bench.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm just saying a team of Lebron and Amare would have a great chance at a dynasty.

I just think Phoenix has as good a shot as any team to land Lebron and maybe even the best chance.

PhxGiant
07-19-2008, 06:59 PM
^^^ Wouldn't he make up that Nike Bonus if he won a couple titles?

No doubt!
and its amazing what some titles will do for a city, especially one thats already the 5th largest.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Lebron to Phoenix would be absolutely huge.

thephoenixson28
07-19-2008, 07:55 PM
i wonder why people are saying new jersey soon to be brooklyn nets are a big market team and lebron is going cuz of jay-z that owns 1% of the team and there good friends i think there overrating him going the only places i see him going is new york but they aint going to have a squad, cleveland cuz its his hometown but they havnt done anything to try to make him stay by getting another all star or some help, so i think phoenix is the best place to be, maybe and im just dreaming we can get a package of wade and lebron

The starting 5 for the phoenix suns

PG. LEANDRO BARBOSA if he doesnt get traded
SG. DWAYNE WADE
SF. LEBRON JAMES
PF. AMARE STOUDEMIRE
C. ROBIN LOPEZ

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
i wonder why people are saying new jersey soon to be brooklyn nets are a big market team and lebron is going cuz of jay-z that owns 1% of the team and there good friends i think there overrating him going the only places i see him going is new york but they aint going to have a squad, cleveland cuz its his hometown but they havnt done anything to try to make him stay by getting another all star or some help, so i think phoenix is the best place to be, maybe and im just dreaming we can get a package of wade and lebron

SG. DWAYNE WADE
SF. LEBRON JAMES
PF. AMARE STOUDEMIRE
C. ROBIN LOPEZ

:eyebrow:

STAT32
07-19-2008, 08:17 PM
That's a pipe dream phoenixson but where are we getting 60 million dollars from? Even if we do get one of Lebron or Wade and that's a big big if, we can only sign one.

spurhead
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
cuz phoenix sucks :D
lebron doesnt want to play on team that will win nothing

STAT32
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Ah another mature post from one of PSD's finest. Please man stop the baiting and get a life.

spurhead
07-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Ah another mature post from one of PSD's finest. Please man stop the baiting and get a life.

how bout stop making comments on this thread every 30 secs.. get a life
get off the phoenixs nuts already they aint gunna win anything
truth hurts buddy

LakersOrNothing
07-20-2008, 06:27 AM

SG. DWAYNE WADE
SF. LEBRON JAMES
PF. AMARE STOUDEMIRE
C. ROBIN LOPEZ

Whatever you're smoking.. pass it here too.. :smoking:

spurhead
07-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Whatever you're smoking.. pass it here too.. :smoking:

LOL if u got enough money for all that pass it here lmao

stawka
07-20-2008, 06:55 AM
LeBron wont be going to the Suns. Nash is past his prime, Shaq is past his prime, and Amare will be a Free Agent at the same time as LeBron.

If Shaq and Nash were in their prime years and still with the team, then I would say maybe. Shaq will be gone, and Nash will be in his final years in the league. Not gonna happen!

STAT32
07-20-2008, 06:59 AM
how bout stop making comments on this thread every 30 secs.. get a life
get off the phoenixs nuts already they aint gunna win anything
truth hurts buddy

Stop rooting for my team? Man, I know your more intelligent than that. You can't even contribute anything to the thread so you try and bait me into an argument.

It's kind of a thread I created so when it is responded to, I feel inclined to respond to a post, in a thread I created. Isn't that the idea of a message board?

valade16
07-20-2008, 07:00 AM
This post is absolutely ridiculous, there are so many people on here that are just plain ridiculous. The delusions of grandeur are incredible!

First, Steve Nash won't sign for the veteran's minimum LMFAO!! He is a 2-time MVP who is still playing at an extremely high levevl, he will command 10+ million at the least.

Secondly, Pheonix may be a "big" market, but it is not a bigNAME market. Which is the kind of place Nike and LeBron want to be. When you think of the "big names" you think NY, LA, Chicago, you don't think Pheonix or Arizona...

Thirdly, LeBron has stated he wants to eventually become a billionaire, and the big-market and Nike Bonus will help with that. He is just as much concerned with that as winning an NBA title and he wants to have a big career off the court, so Pheonix doesn't fit into those plans.

Fourthly, You think that Phoenix's team is way better than New Jersey's but in reality it has many holes. Outside of Barbosa, Lopez, and Amare you really have no solid young prospects that could help LeBron down the road and signing him and Amare would take all your salary space. New Jersey has an extremely young roster so they'd all be hitting their prime's the same time as LeBron.

Basically Pheonix has the same chance of signing LeBron as my Portland Trail Blazers. In fact you could make a case Portland has a bigger chance...

Portland will have enough money to offer him Max Money
they have a far better roster to surround leBron with (Oden, Roy, Aldridge, Bayless)
Nike's Headquarters is located in Portland so he'd be closer to a Nike hotspot than in Pheonix

Looking at all those factors portland has less than a .01% chance of signing LeBron. Why? Because Portland is Not New York, and therefore it will never happen, just like Pheonix and LeBron will never happen...

STAT32
07-20-2008, 07:05 AM
This post is absolutely ridiculous, there are so many people on here that are just plain ridiculous. The delusions of grandeur are incredible!

1. First, Steve Nash won't sign for the veteran's minimum LMFAO!! He is a 2-time MVP who is still playing at an extremely high levevl, he will command 10+ million at the least.

Secondly, Pheonix may be a "big" market, but it is not a bigNAME market. Which is the kind of place Nike and LeBron want to be. When you think of the "big names" you think NY, LA, Chicago, you don't think Pheonix or Arizona...

Thirdly, LeBron has stated he wants to eventually become a billionaire, and the big-market and Nike Bonus will help with that. He is just as much concerned with that as winning an NBA title and he wants to have a big career off the court, so Pheonix doesn't fit into those plans.

2. Fourthly, You think that Phoenix's team is way better than New Jersey's but in reality it has many holes. Outside of Barbosa, Lopez, and Amare you really have no solid young prospects that could help LeBron down the road and signing him and Amare would take all your salary space. New Jersey has an extremely young roster so they'd all be hitting their prime's the same time as LeBron.

Basically Pheonix has the same chance of signing LeBron as my Portland Trail Blazers. In fact you could make a case Portland has a bigger chance...

Portland will have enough money to offer him Max Money
they have a far better roster to surround leBron with (Oden, Roy, Aldridge, Bayless)
Nike's Headquarters is located in Portland so he'd be closer to a Nike hotspot than in Pheonix

Looking at all those factors portland has less than a .01% chance of signing LeBron. Why? Because Portland is Not New York, and therefore it will never happen, just like Pheonix and LeBron will never happen...

1. Steve Nash will not command a 10 million dollar deal in 2 years. Just because he's the two time mvp doesn't guarantee him max bucks. Not to mention he'll be 36 and he's already showing some serious signs of aging and decline. Steve would sign for the vet min, you need to get your facts straight before you start spewing things like this.

2. Actually that team is more appealing than anything New Jersey or NY will have put together. Amare alone makes the Phoenix roster look better than either of those two teams.

Now I do agree with you that it's looking pretty likely that Lebron signs no where but NY so I won't get my hopes up. However, it would be cool and there is a possibility of it happening.

stawka
07-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Nash will not sign for the vet's minimum. If he does, he wont stay in Phoenix. He'll go to a team like Miami in '06, Spurs in '07, this years Celtics - all team's with a great chance of winning a title. That's all Nash is about at the moment

valade16
07-20-2008, 08:30 AM
1. Steve Nash will not command a 10 million dollar deal in 2 years. Just because he's the two time mvp doesn't guarantee him max bucks. Not to mention he'll be 36 and he's already showing some serious signs of aging and decline. Steve would sign for the vet min, you need to get your facts straight before you start spewing things like this.

2. Actually that team is more appealing than anything New Jersey or NY will have put together. Amare alone makes the Phoenix roster look better than either of those two teams.

Now I do agree with you that it's looking pretty likely that Lebron signs no where but NY so I won't get my hopes up. However, it would be cool and there is a possibility of it happening.

Not command 10 Million dollars?! LOL, I can GUARANTEE you he won't sign for the veteran minimum. He's getting 12 million right now and 13 million next year. You think if he puts up decent numbers he'll go from 14 million to 800,000 on the CHANCE they could sign LeBron? LMFAO, no way...

Maybe if he COMPLETELY breaks down between now and then. And also, since when is 16.9 pts, 11.1 asts, 50% shooting, and 34 mins. for 81 games breaking down? Look at all the PG's that average those numbers, they all get well over 10 Million...

Amare makes it appealing, but he won't be enough. the Suns roster has too many older players that contribute like Shaq, Nash and Hilll. New Jersey has a nice young roster in the far easier Eastern Conference and far more appeal in the intangibles departement (Jay-Z).

PHX-SOXFAN
07-20-2008, 01:23 PM
To be honest, I dont see that team getting out of the second round.

is that based on what you know every team will look like two years from now? give me a break.:rolleyes:

STAT32
07-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow you are seriously mistaken man. Steve Nash is dropping off pretty quickly. His back is terrible, in two years he won't be a 16.9 11 ast guy. He'll be something like 13 and 8.

I will be bet you money right now that Steve Nash won't sign another contract over 5 million dollars. The most I could see him getting would be a 2 year 5 mil but even that probably won't happen.

derekmcintosh84
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Sarver isnt going to spend to bring Lebron in I mean the guys been selling draft picks he fears the luxury tax. Just think how good theyd be if they kept the picks Rondo Deng

SC1211
07-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Umm, Phoenix isn't the only place. The Rockets will have plenty to offer Lebron a max deal in 2010.

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - Shane Battier
SF - Lebron James/Donte Greene
PF - Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
C - Yao Ming/Joey Dorsey
Plus a 2009 1st round pick, 2010 1st round pick, and a 2009 Memphis 2nd round pick.

If they are able to keep T-Mac at an extension for roughly $12-$13 million, we STILL have roughly $20 million to spend on him. A trio of Lebron, McGrady, and Yao would be killer.

jayl1377
07-20-2008, 04:38 PM
lebron is going to brooklyn to play for the nets, end of story, its already arranged...pheonix is too hot for his *** anyways

Dirty Dirk41
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow you are seriously mistaken man. Steve Nash is dropping off pretty quickly. His back is terrible, in two years he won't be a 16.9 11 ast guy. He'll be something like 13 and 8.

I will be bet you money right now that Steve Nash won't sign another contract over 5 million dollars. The most I could see him getting would be a 2 year 5 mil but even that probably won't happen.

Nash will demand well over 5 million.. Hes steve Nash, hes not turning into tyronn lue.. If u think the suns are getting Lebron or Lebron would even think about the suns as a possibility then ur dumb. Its Brooklyn all the way an if not hes stayin put in Cle. Brooklyn is where Lebron wants to be.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-20-2008, 05:12 PM
is that based on what you know every team will look like two years from now? give me a break.:rolleyes:

I dont need to know where every team is going to be in two years. I just know that the Lakers, Blazers, Jazz, Hornets would be better than that lineup. And thats just in the west. Two good offensive players who wont play defense will not be able to beat complete teams. 40 million dollars tied up in two players that dont play defense is not a good idea.

kyomack
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Goran Dragic/Steve Nash
Lebron James/Boris Diaw
Robin Lopez

because jay-z doesnt own a part of the suns....maybe phoenix should sell part of their team to lil wayne, and then lebron might consider going there

bothfeef
07-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I think NYC is likely the destination because im sure lebron has business ventures outside of basketball that he is trying to pursue. There is a lot more money and people in new york in that regard.

horry1ur
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
No way does LeBron go to PHX he will go to LA before he goes to PHX ...mark my words :)

king4day
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
and lebron knows offense win games defence win championship thats y he ll never signing in phoenix!

You do realize that the reason the Suns didn't play D is now coaching the Knicks right? Just cause an era had little defense played doesn't mean that franchise is going to be cursed forever in this category.

And for the 'in your dreams' post, he didn't say, "Lebron IS going to sign with Phoenix". He made arguments on why he should consider the Suns. Just like the Knicks, Nets and so forth, the Suns will be under the cap as well, so while not likely, it's certainly not an impossible scenario.

king4day
07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Nash will demand well over 5 million.. Hes steve Nash, hes not turning into tyronn lue.. If u think the suns are getting Lebron or Lebron would even think about the suns as a possibility then ur dumb. Its Brooklyn all the way an if not hes stayin put in Cle. Brooklyn is where Lebron wants to be.

Quit with the name calling.

LBJ never said he wants to go to NJ. Otherwise there'd be tampering investigations.
He might consider it, but it just depends on what he wants to do. If he wants to win, then right now the Nets look to have the better of the NY teams going into that year.
If he wants money and Glory, he'll be a Knick.

king4day
07-20-2008, 06:56 PM

Wow you're worthless to this forum.
Contribute something, otherwise stop giving ur hometeam a bad name.

ridere46
07-21-2008, 01:41 AM
because he's an east coast type of guy, his bff is Jay-Z, NY is a huge market, phx is a desert, D'antoni left, Nash is 50 yrs. old (j/k), maybe he just likes colder weather...i'm sure he has millions of reasons but this is just my opinion

mnp2597
07-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Phoenix is always a prime location for free agents.No organization sells themselves or their city better than the Suns.Lebron isn't coming to the Suns but they have a great shot to land a big time free agent and keep STAT

PROPHETof TRUTH
07-21-2008, 02:49 AM
This Will Not Happen!

PROPHETof TRUTH
07-21-2008, 02:50 AM
He Will Go To Oklahoma Before He Goes To Arizona!

valade16
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Dropping off pretty quickly? Lets see 2 of the last 3 years he's won MVP, he's scored 18, 18, then 17 pts to go along with 50% shooting and 11 asts... WOW, if he's dropping watch out for SHAQ!

And even when he eventually goes down to 13 and 8 you don't think he'll draw more than 2.5 mil a year?

The player with the stats most resembling that was Jose Calderon. OH, the same JOSE that got a HUGE Paycheck because he played so well?!! NO WAY

In fact if Nash somehow went back to 8 asts a game he'd still be a top 5 assister...

Nash will make far more than 5 Million in his next contract, I'd be willing to bet you anything you name...

I think the biggest reason they have a shot at LeBron is that you aren't running the team...

ee
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Dropping off pretty quickly? Lets see 2 of the last 3 years he's won MVP, he's scored 18, 18, then 17 pts to go along with 50% shooting and 11 asts... WOW, if he's dropping watch out for SHAQ!

And even when he eventually goes down to 13 and 8 you don't think he'll draw more than 2.5 mil a year?

The player with the stats most resembling that was Jose Calderon. OH, the same JOSE that got a HUGE Paycheck because he played so well?!! NO WAY

In fact if Nash somehow went back to 8 asts a game he'd still be a top 5 assister...

Nash will make far more than 5 Million in his next contract, I'd be willing to bet you anything you name...

I think the biggest reason they have a shot at LeBron is that you aren't running the team...You guys should trade nash while he got some value.....If you want Lebron, a 36 year old Nash will not look attractive by 2010.....

STAT32
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM

I think the biggest reason they have a shot at LeBron is that you aren't running the team...

By no means am I saying Nash will not be good enough to sign a bigger contract, i'm saying he will take a paycut to help out our salary cap issues.

durqtitan
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I just don't see Lebron leaving his home town for anything except New York. If they could find a way to get him and Amare, that would be a scary duo