PDA

View Full Version : Did any of our draft picks sign yet?

RcrkllrH2
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
anyone know how we are doing with signing our draft picks?

i dont think jordy has been signed yet, and i dont even know if many others have.....anyone have any info?

hughest4
07-19-2008, 03:58 AM
As fan as i know, i don't think any of the draft picks have been signed yet. I wouldn't be to concerned about it because they are just probably trying to get the best possible contract they can. I'd guess you'll see a bunch of signings in the days right before training camp

Ryan Diesel
07-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I love how they say since Favre missed mini camp that he shouldn't start. Yet we keep dickin around on signing Grant, he might miss part of training camp. So do we start Brandon Jackson, he's been here the whole time. Thats almost as ridiculous as putting Favre on the bench because he missed the mini camps that hardly any veteran players go to. Oh yeah, the ones that do go, do absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to get hurt in mini camp. I almost think Rodgers shouldn't be doing too much, he tends to get hurt in practice. If they're going to drive the Ironman out for Mr. Glass, we should get him one of those big plastic things that they put the bubble boy in.

4favre4
07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
TT does this to everyone he won't pay nobody thats why we can't keep great players around. Jennings will won't money soon but TT will likely say GOODBYE. We can't even sighn our Draft picks. Now you guys tell me who the bad guy is TT or Favre. We can't even sighn our starting runningback that rushed for 956 yards in a half of a year wich was his first year in the NFL if you dont include him being unable to play (not because on feild injuries ) the last 2. We need some guys sighned NOW camps in about a week.

BroJoMan
07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
he will pay jennings, hes one of teds drafted players that has panned out ted will ride those guys as long as he can

PackAttack09
07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I love how they say since Favre missed mini camp that he shouldn't start. Yet we keep dickin around on signing Grant, he might miss part of training camp. So do we start Brandon Jackson, he's been here the whole time. Thats almost as ridiculous as putting Favre on the bench because he missed the mini camps that hardly any veteran players go to. Oh yeah, the ones that do go, do absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to get hurt in mini camp. I almost think Rodgers shouldn't be doing too much, he tends to get hurt in practice. If they're going to drive the Ironman out for Mr. Glass, we should get him one of those big plastic things that they put the bubble boy in.

ryan grant was at minicamp! watching film and learning the plays, throwing balls to high school kids doesn't count... do you ever wonder if you are one of those guys who thinks he knows what he is talking about but everyone knows you don't? if so then yes you are that guy...

Packerbacker
07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
AMEN to all of you guys, that is exactly what i've been saying this entire time.:clap: glad i'm not alone on thinking ol teddy is only interested in his own guys. I'm kind of supprised he hasn't offered Justin Harrel a raise, just kinda seams like something he'd do

servais77
07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Other teams are signing their picks yet Teddy is playing with himself. Not sure what the wait is. Not sure why Ryan Grant's situation is still unresolved. This organization is bound and determined to alienate a good portion of the fan base.

Brunner
07-21-2008, 01:58 AM
This is a good point. We have had the worst off-season in the NFL. The front office has acheived next to nothing; they sit on their *****.

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Other teams are signing their picks yet Teddy is playing with himself. Not sure what the wait is. Not sure why Ryan Grant's situation is still unresolved. This organization is bound and determined to alienate a good portion of the fan base.

They need to FIRE TT!!!! I'm sick of this guy, and it disgusts me to see all of these people kiss his ***. He is a ****ING GM, that's it. I don't know why some fans seem to think this guy is so great. He is average at job, and he is an arrogant prick too boot. There are a hundred guys out there that could step in and do TT's job at a higher level. He gets credit for managing the cap, HAAAAAA, it was Andrew Brandt that took care of that, and got us out of the cap mess not TT. Anyone see Brandt lately??? Oh yeah, that's right he quit because he couldn't work with TT. TT guy is a disease, a cancer, an unloyal cutthroat prick, and I hope Murphy **** cans him.

Ryan Diesel
07-21-2008, 02:39 AM
ryan grant was at minicamp! watching film and learning the plays, throwing balls to high school kids doesn't count... do you ever wonder if you are one of those guys who thinks he knows what he is talking about but everyone knows you don't? if so then yes you are that guy...

Do you ever make any sense, or do you just ramble on like this all the time? Yes I know Ryan Grant was at mini camp, but he couldn't participate on the field with his team, so thats not really the same thing. I thought it was cool that he still showed up, but bottom line is he's not practicing with the team. Training camp is getting close and it would be dumb to wait until after that starts to get him signed. He's only been on our team about a year and if we're giving Favre the boot we are putting all our eggs in his basket. He needs to be there.

Greenngld
07-21-2008, 05:57 AM
A post asking about draft picks turns into a Favre and TT rant. Surprising.

Now who started that? Oh, I see.

beast
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
They need to FIRE TT!!!! I'm sick of this guy, and it disgusts me to see all of these people kiss his ***.

It make me sick to read what you just wrote. I know you hate TT, but that doesn't mean he's doing a bad job. When is the last time, the Packers went 13-3? Is that a bad record? Is our team old? Are we close to going into cap problems? What the problem?

Other than he's holding Favre to his actions :speechless: no one has ever done that, TT must be a sinner for that :speechless: He said, Favre could come back, to the Packers, Favre hasn't come back.

Packerbacker
07-21-2008, 12:29 PM
It make me sick to read what you just wrote. I know you hate TT, but that doesn't mean he's doing a bad job. When is the last time, the Packers went 13-3? Is that a bad record? Is our team old? Are we close to going into cap problems? What the problem?

Other than he's holding Favre to his actions :speechless: no one has ever done that, TT must be a sinner for that :speechless: He said, Favre could come back, to the Packers, Favre hasn't come back.

Read the posts man, it's not just the brett thing it's the aweful draft selections, the Lackidasical approach to signing key players and the ease to which he releases proven veterens. TT was a combonation of vinager and water in seatle and his is the same here, can the man don't coddle him for being mediocre.

RcrkllrH2
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
A post asking about draft picks turns into a Favre and TT rant. Surprising.

Now who started that? Oh, I see.

oh my god thank you

im so sick and tired of going into every thread and having it be a TT/favre argument

lets make a thread "whats the best flavor of ice cream" and the first post would probably be "i bet TT eats **** ice cream with **** and ****** because he didnt bring brett back!"

its asinine

servais77
07-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Pretty sure Ted Thompson has something to do with signing of draft picks.

Ryan Diesel
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
He just shows up in April and picks em. Then he goes to racine for vacation for the next 11 months.

Hubwardo
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Doens't pay key players? Yeah what a bad call on Javon Walker...Also give him credit for Grant, Jennings, and some other moves/picks. The picks will get signed so shut your mouth and quit your whining or go to school and become a GM so you can save the packers since you know so much.

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Doens't pay key players? Yeah what a bad call on Javon Walker...Also give him credit for Grant, Jennings, and some other moves/picks. The picks will get signed so shut your mouth and quit your whining or go to school and become a GM so you can save the packers since you know so much.

TT is a joke, too bad you can't see it. The guy gets credit for things he doesn't even do. Andrew Brandt was the magician with the salary cap, not your boy Teddy. Diesel is right, about the only thing TT does is make draft picks, and try to lowball every player on the team including Grant. It's funny how you give him so much credit for Grant, when, in fact, TT was not even interested in him. TT wanted Derrick Ward, and the Giants were unwilling to part with him, and said the only RB they would trade was Grant, whom the scouts had to talk TT into trading for. Essentially, the whole Grant pick-up was dumb luck, and yet you make it seem like TT had him targeted the whole time. If you analyze his draft picks, they are average at best. Yeah, he drafted a few good players, but he also drafted a lot of players who aren't on the roster and are never going to be anything special. I don't care if you like TT or not, just analyze him a little more closely because the guy isn't as special as you think.

beast
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Read the posts man

Ok, that seem kinda of point less.

it's the aweful draft selections
You mean the guys that help go to a 13-3 season? The defense has been much better, and the ST is much better, and offense is much better. If the draft picks our so horrible it much be the all the FA we have sign. Wait that's what people complain about most that we don't sign any FA, so it's not them. So what made us better? The draft picks.

the Lackidasical approach to signing key players and the ease to which he releases proven veterens.

So which player that TT has released has went on to have good seasons?
Sharper. Maybe the S before Manuel that's it. Signing key players, which key player when away and had a good years so far? Maybe Longwell.

So three guys, Sharper, S before Manuel, and Longwell. And we have a better K now.

TT was a combonation of vinager and water in seatle and his is the same here, can the man don't coddle him for being mediocre.

TT was the GM that basically put the team together in Seatle that went to the Super Bowl for the Seahawk, other than one draft.

TT and Mike Holmgren fought because Holgren wanted more control and have some GM power. We would know anybody like that would we? (Favre)

Ok, I've read your post and answered, are you happy?

I still don't think you have much of a point. Other than you don't like the guy, because he's not doing what you or Favre want. But then again, that's not his job. His job is to do the best for the Packers.

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, that seem kinda of point less.

You mean the guys that help go to a 13-3 season? The defense has been much better, and the ST is much better, and offense is much better. If the draft picks our so horrible it much be the all the FA we have sign. Wait that's what people complain about most that we don't sign any FA, so it's not them. So what made us better? The draft picks.

So which player that TT has released has went on to have good seasons?
Sharper. Maybe the S before Manuel that's it. Signing key players, which key player when away and had a good years so far? Maybe Longwell.

So three guys, Sharper, S before Manuel, and Longwell. And we have a better K now.

TT was the GM that basically put the team together in Seatle that went to the Super Bowl for the Seahawk, other than one draft.

TT and Mike Holmgren fought because Holgren wanted more control and have some GM power. We would know anybody like that would we? (Favre)

Ok, I've read your post and answered, are you happy?

I still don't think you have much of a point. Other than you don't like the guy, because he's not doing what you or Favre want. But then again, that's not his job. His job is to do the best for the Packers.

TT wasn't even classified as the GM in Seattle. Holmgren put that team together too. Holmgren pretty much brought in every star on that team, Hasselback, Alexander, Trufant, Wistrom, etc..... The only that changed when Holmgren stepped down from GM, is that he had more time to coach.

jwdaly07
07-21-2008, 08:00 PM
They need to FIRE TT!!!! I'm sick of this guy, and it disgusts me to see all of these people kiss his ***. He is a ****ING GM, that's it. I don't know why some fans seem to think this guy is so great. He is average at job, and he is an arrogant prick too boot. There are a hundred guys out there that could step in and do TT's job at a higher level. He gets credit for managing the cap, HAAAAAA, it was Andrew Brandt that took care of that, and got us out of the cap mess not TT. Anyone see Brandt lately??? Oh yeah, that's right he quit because he couldn't work with TT. TT guy is a disease, a cancer, an unloyal cutthroat prick, and I hope Murphy **** cans him.

You know what doesn't make any sense about your stupid anti-TT posts? You say that everything that goes bad with the team is his fault, but everything done right has nothing to do with him? How does that logic work out?

I like how you pretend you know who does what when it comes to behind the scenes stuff like cap management, when you really have no idea who deserves the credit for it

beast
07-21-2008, 08:02 PM
TT is a joke, too bad you can't see it. The guy gets credit for things he doesn't even do. Andrew Brandt was the magician with the salary cap, not your boy Teddy. Diesel is right, about the only thing TT does is make draft picks, and try to lowball every player on the team including Grant. It's funny how you give him so much credit for Grant, when, in fact, TT was not even interested in him. TT wanted Derrick Ward, and the Giants were unwilling to part with him, and said the only RB they would trade was Grant, whom the scouts had to talk TT into trading for. Essentially, the whole Grant pick-up was dumb luck, and yet you make it seem like TT had him targeted the whole time. If you analyze his draft picks, they are average at best. Yeah, he drafted a few good players, but he also drafted a lot of players who aren't on the roster and are never going to be anything special. I don't care if you like TT or not, just analyze him a little more closely because the guy isn't as special as you think.

Wow, you assumed a lot. Do you even know, how much Grant is asking for, or how much TT is offing?

beast
07-21-2008, 08:09 PM
TT wasn't even classified as the GM in Seattle. Holmgren put that team together too. Holmgren pretty much brought in every star on that team, Hasselback, Alexander, Trufant, Wistrom, etc..... The only that changed when Holmgren stepped down from GM, is that he had more time to coach.

More assuming...all you have been saying is little fact, a lot of assuming and all hate. If you listened you would know TT was calling the shots not Holgen. Hasselback was mostly Holgren, but the rest not.

mr. burns
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
outside of the favre issue (which I believe is TT's fault) I can't see how anybody could criticize thompson for making this team as good as it is.

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
More assuming...all you have been saying is little fact, a lot of assuming and all hate. If you listened you would know TT was calling the shots not Holgen. Hasselback was mostly Holgren, but the rest not.

How do you figure, "Little Fact"?????? Holmgren was the GM and Coach when those players I mentioned were drafted, not TT. Holmgren was responsible for bring in Wistrom too. Name a few of TT's moves in Seattle? They didn't make any effort at all to retain TT in Seattle, so what does that tell you????

beast
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
How do you figure, "Little Fact"?????? Holmgren was the GM and Coach when those players I mentioned were drafted, not TT. Holmgren was responsible for bring in Wistrom too. Name a few of TT's moves in Seattle? They didn't make any effort at all to retain TT in Seattle, so what does that tell you????

1) Your still wrongly assuming.

2) You down right hate TT, even would never give him credit for nothing.

3) Thompson, and Holmgren have said TT was calling the shots.

4) There no point in talking with you, because you don't give a :censored: and will just tell your story even if it's not true.

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 09:12 PM
1) Your still wrongly assuming.

2) You down right hate TT, even would never give him credit for nothing.

3) Thompson, and Holmgren have said TT was calling the shots.

4) There no point in talking with you, because you don't give a :censored: and will just tell your story even if it's not true.

I back my posts up with facts, like the fact that Andrew Brandt handled the cap issues, and he resigned because he was unhappy with TT. I named players that Holmgren drafted, and brought in. TT wasn't even in a role to call any shots when Holmgren brought these guys in. It seems that all of your posts contain nothing but assumptions and unfactual information.

jwdaly07
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I back my posts up with facts, like the fact that Andrew Brandt handled the cap issues, and he resigned because he was unhappy with TT. I named players that Holmgren drafted, and brought in. TT wasn't even in a role to call any shots when Holmgren brought these guys in. It seems that all of your posts contain nothing but assumptions and unfactual information.

Unfactual?

And dude, you're the king of assumptions. All you do is speculate about what TT is doing behind the scenes to supposedly ruin everything and speculate on what parts of team management are and aren't his doing. Oh and by the way, Brandt was asked to leave.

Your logic: If it fails, it's all TT's fault. If it's a success, someone else is responsible.

If the Packers win a Super Bowl in the next 10 years with TT as GM you will try to find a way to twist and turn it to make it sound like TT had nothing to do with it.

beast
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I back my posts up with facts
Facts and lots of assuming, which is wrong.

Andrew Brandt handled the cap issues

True

Andrew Brandt resigned because he was unhappy with TT.

False, TT didn't offer Brandt a renew on Brandt contract. Which unless something happen that the media never got, then I think that was a mistake on TT part.

I named players that Holmgren drafted

False, TT was doing the draft. Some of the notable players Thompson selected in his tenure with the Seahawks were running back Shaun Alexander, kicker Josh Brown, guard Steve Hutchinson, and wide receiver Darrell Jackson, cornerbacks Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas, safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware.

Please learn the different from facts, and not knowing what the heck your talking about.

beast
07-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Your logic: If it fails, it's all TT's fault. If it's a success, someone else is responsible.

That does seem like his logic.

twelvePack
07-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Facts and lots of assuming, which is wrong.

True

False, TT didn't offer Brandt a renew on Brandt contract. Which unless something happen that the media never got, then I think that was a mistake on TT part.

False, TT was doing the draft. Some of the notable players Thompson selected in his tenure with the Seahawks were running back Shaun Alexander, kicker Josh Brown, guard Steve Hutchinson, and wide receiver Darrell Jackson, cornerbacks Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas, safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware.

Please learn the different from facts, and not knowing what the heck your talking about.

WRONG, Brandt left. He RESIGNED because TT wanted to **** him over too.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/28/brandt-chooses-to-leave-packers.aspx

Hahahaaaaaa, TT didn't draft these guys, he may claim he did. Holmgren was the GM when they were drafted. TT was never even the General Manager in Seattle, EVER. So get your facts straight.

Dabull311
07-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Ted will probably end up trading Favre to a afc team but if he does trade him to a nfc team will more likely be the Bucs because it is a warm weather team. Then Aaron Rodgers will take the helm but if he goes down with an injury and Brohm will not beready to take over the Packers, will have nobody to take the helm because they traded away the best player on the Packers. This is a horrible scenario, which could possibly happen. If this were to happen the Packers would probably end up having a horrible season and fire Ted Thompson because of his handling with the Favre situation. The replacements they could look at if he were to be fired would be either Ron Wolf because he just moved back to Green Bay or Mike Holgrem.

beast
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/28/brandt-chooses-to-leave-packers.aspx

I should really stop, this because your not going to believe the truth even if you hear it, so I'm wasting my time.

BTW your still wrong.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=721255

His contract was not renewed by Ted Thompson, the team's general manager.
didn't conform to Thompson's definition of being a so-called "team guy" and was let go in a face-to-face meeting Jan. 25.

Hahahaaaaaa, TT didn't draft these guys, he may claim he did. Holmgren was the GM when they were drafted. TT was never even the General Manager in Seattle, EVER. So get your facts straight.

Your the one that needs to get the facts straight. TT handle the draft with the Seahawks. Hoolmgren may of been the GM, but TT handle the draft.

Again I know I'm wasting my time, because you can't handle the truth, or anything pro TT, because you hate him. But I'm tired of you so called "facts" being untrue.

Ryan Diesel
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Brandt got pissed because they passed him over for Murphy. He started exploring other options. TT found out and fired him. It's just funny that Thompson refers to Brandt as arrogant lol Now if thats not the pot calling the kettle black.

jwdaly07
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM

The article beast just posted comes after that one.

beast
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Brandt got pissed because they passed him over for Murphy. He started exploring other options. TT found out and fired him.

I think that's speculation, because do we know that? Also I would think, if Brandt was looking at other options he would of had something lined up. So I'm guessing that he might of been caught off-guard by this.

Anybody know where Brandt is now?

burtonfan
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
i do not understand why every topic, people bring in more bull**** that has no relations to the original post.

RcrkllrH2
07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
i do not understand why every topic, people bring in more bull**** that has no relations to the original post.

A-M-E-N!!

and hey....look everyone....its a post RELATED TO THE DAMN TOPIC

we signed brett swain to a contract today...he was our 7th rounder....really good route runner....very precise...chances are he will only be a PS player, but hes definitely one to look at in the years to come