PDA

View Full Version : Yuriorkis Gamboa...WOW

Jimi032890
07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Al Seeger, 10 rounds, junior lightweight match on ESPN just ended like 2 minutes ago and Gambo won by TKO in the first round with one hell of a right left combo to put Seeger on his you know what instantly.

Teddy Atlas said that a little over a year ago this Gamboa kid was the favorite to win gold in Beijing but turned pro about 10 months ago.

He is now 11-0 and 9 by way of KO. This guy is quick and Seeger you could see had absolutely no chance to contend with Gamboa's speed of his hands and his feet.

Anyone catch this minute and a half fight on ESPN? And does anyone know anything else about Gamboa?

Mil Mascaras
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I did see this fight and have seen Gamboa a couple of times before. He's very quick and hits hard. Hard to tell how far he'll go yet since he hasn't been matched up against anyone really good. He's definitely got title shot skills - the only thing I wonder about are his defensive skills. He's walked through so many opponents that he doesn't appear to spend much time honing his defense in workouts. Though the guys he's fought haven't been able to hurt him, I have seen him get hit a lot in the fights I've watched. When he goes up in caliber, I wonder how he'll stand up to someone with power as he has virtually no defense at this time. His offensive skills though, are pretty incredible.

G2BOAT
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Yea I saw that fight Seeger just walked in to his punch and BOOM he got nailed.

Jimi032890
07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Yea I saw that fight Seeger just walked in to his punch and BOOM he got nailed.

ya, well it got me and a few of my friends out of our seats thats for sure