PDA

View Full Version : Luke’s surgery a success; will be healed by training camp

plpfctn
07-18-2008, 09:48 PM
OCRegister: Lakers forward Luke Walton is expected to be fully recovered from Friday’s ankle surgery by the time training camp opens in October, the team announced. Walton underwent surgery to remove bone spurs, scar tissure and cartiledge debris in his right ankle that bothered him for most of the season.

His rehabilitation is expected to take six weeks. The surgery, which took approximately 60 minutes, was performed by Dr. David Thordarson at the University of Southern California.

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/07/18/lukes-surgery-is-a-success-will-be-healed-by-training-camp/

DisBeAliG
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Is that supposed to be good news? :D

plpfctn
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM

lol. it's certainly debatable. if he plays like he did against denver in the playoffs or like he did early in the 06-07 season, then it's good news. if he plays like he usually plays, then it's ok news.

LakerFan4L1fe24
07-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Luke, you should just retire :)

still1ballin
07-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Damn! Bad News! Very Bad News! This Isnt Looking Good!

still1ballin
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM
lol. it's certainly debatable. if he plays like he did against denver in the playoffs or like he did early in the 06-07 season, then it's good news. if he plays like he usually plays, then it's ok news.

dude its denver, i probably could score 10 pts on denver the way they play defense...

GermanLakersFan
07-19-2008, 03:05 PM
does anybody have a schedule for the olypics. when are the finals gonna be over, so that Kobe can get his surgery?? I guess he might miss a couple of games at the beginning of next season.

GermanLakersFan
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
oh ok i looked it up myself they are over aug. 24th so I guess hes gonna have his surgery like on aug. 25th-sep. 1st and will be ready for action by the mid of October

KB24PG16
07-19-2008, 03:15 PM
good news???

Raidaz4Life
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
dude its denver, i probably could score 10 pts on denver the way they play defense...

but not everyone did... Luke did... and it wasn't just one game... it was a whole series... I am very upset with Luke after last season too but you have to give credit where credit is due and I hope he is able to return to the promising form he was before he signed his deal and the Denver series

BAM925
07-19-2008, 05:36 PM

Of course it's good news!
Would you have rather had the surgery go bad and decrease his potential trade value?

robdizzle3
07-19-2008, 05:57 PM

And I think he wll play just like he did in early 06-07 season when he was at the top of the league in three's and leadthe league in three point percentage and no one was knocking him then.When Luke is healthy he is good and he will be next year

DisBeAliG
07-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Would you have rather had the surgery go bad and decrease his potential trade value?

Luke has about the same trade value as Andruw Jones of the Dodgers

PrymaL
07-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Luke was a solid player before he got injured in the season before the last.

Hurricane H
07-19-2008, 07:53 PM

That's another way to look at it.

eddynooo
07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I think this speaks for every rational Laker fan:

From this point on, no excuses.

DownUnder
07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I think this speaks for every rational Laker fan:

From this point on, no excuses.

Let's hope so. Coz, I'm done with all the Luke haters on this forum.

Hurricane H
07-19-2008, 10:05 PM
If he is healthy, I believe he can contribute.

BAM925
07-19-2008, 10:30 PM

Here's another guy who doesn't entirely know sports. He judges players without including the injury factor. When Luke's healthy, he's a pretty good player.

Lakersfan2483
07-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Good for Luke, now he can be healthy next year and cheer us on from the bench.

Tragic Johnson
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
And I think he wll play just like he did in early 06-07 season when he was at the top of the league in three's and leadthe league in three point percentage and no one was knocking him then.When Luke is healthy he is good and he will be next year

Don't you mean, when Luke is in a contract year, he is good. :rolleyes: By the way, when he lead the league in 3 point shooting percentage, he was shooting over 60%. It was obvious to anyone, it wasn't going to last, and it didn't.

lakers4sho
07-20-2008, 01:19 AM
We'll see how Luke performs during Training Camp and the preseason, I say judge him by then.

samxeyeam
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
If he works on his 3 point shot and stays very consistent... He will be a very big threat in the league... (Yes, I am gonna say it... he'll be like a poor man's version of a larry bird) He will be a threat from beyond the arc and will always have his court vision and his basketball IQ to follow along with that... Makes one hell of a scary player...

gr824
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
If he works on his 3 point shot and stays very consistent... He will be a very big threat in the league... (Yes, I am gonna say it... he'll be like a poor man's version of a larry bird) He will be a threat from beyond the arc and will always have his court vision and his basketball IQ to follow along with that... Makes one hell of a scary player...

I am sure Tragic will agree with you that Walton is a "scary" player ... :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

rhensley3
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
darn it..gr824! you beat me to it! i was gonna say he already is a scary player! LOL

downunder, nobody "wants" to be a luke hater. as of right now...players under contract for the 2011/12 season ? you guessed it! luke walton! i would certainly LOVE it if luke played good basketball, stopped making baskets for the other team, and jammed home a breakaway basket instead of getting punked. after all, he's unfortunately the future of the lakers. it would be a lot better if he didnt suck.

NDP1981
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM

:D

NDP1981
07-20-2008, 03:09 PM
If he (Luke Walton) works on his 3 point shot and stays very consistent... He will be a very big threat in the league... (Yes, I am gonna say it... he'll be like a poor man's version of a larry bird)

What did I just read here? :eyebrow:

gr824
07-21-2008, 03:00 AM
darn it..gr824! you beat me to it! i was gonna say he already is a scary player! LOL

downunder, nobody "wants" to be a luke hater. as of right now...players under contract for the 2011/12 season ? you guessed it! luke walton! i would certainly LOVE it if luke played good basketball, stopped making baskets for the other team, and jammed home a breakaway basket instead of getting punked. after all, he's unfortunately the future of the lakers. it would be a lot better if he didnt suck.

I do not mean to rain on your parade, but Luke Walton is scheduled to earn $6.1 million playing for the Lakers during the 2012-2013 :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: season ...

:cry:

:D :D :D

GermanLakersFan
07-21-2008, 04:11 AM

Hey dude, some feathers don't make a bird ;)

Iceman_9
07-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Damn!!! He should retire. :D