PDA

View Full Version : CJ miles signs with OKC

Jeeptj98
07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
They were just saying that CJ Miles signed a 4 year contract with OKC. They said it was a 15 million 4 year deal. I am happy for him hopefully he will get playing time. I like CJ but don't want the Jazz to match because we have too many people at that position

Jeeptj98
07-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Here is the Link. http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_9926013

Raupie
07-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I really don't want to see Miles leave.... I just have this strange feeling that as soon as he leaves he is going to be a stud. He was patient this year on the bench and came in and played well when given the chance.

Dwill likes him. I'm not sold on Almond. If we move AK, I'd like to see Brewer start as SF... that should give Miles a chance as SG. I would like to see that... I'm just a fan of Miles... give him a multi year contract so that he has some security and let him play it out.

Lo Porto
07-19-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm glad we signed Deron, and I'm glad that CJ signed. This all now comes into perspective for Utah and what is on the agenda in terms of priorities. If the Jazz are hoping to keep Miles by making another deal, then this week is the time. Hopefully, Utah can pull a deal sending out AK making a lot of playing time for CJ. (Perfect deal would be AK for Wally Szczerbiak) You have to know that keeping CJ is a big thing for Deron Williams considering their relationship.

Hopefully, CJ's signing will lead towards some trade movement involving AK, Hart, Collins, or even Harpring or Okur.

bw2893
07-19-2008, 08:37 AM
"I'm glad we signed Deron, and I'm glad that CJ signed. This all now comes into perspective for Utah and what is on the agenda in terms of priorities. If the Jazz are hoping to keep Miles by making another deal, then this week is the time. Hopefully, Utah can pull a deal sending out AK making a lot of playing time for CJ. (Perfect deal would be AK for Wally Szczerbiak) You have to know that keeping CJ is a big thing for Deron Williams considering their relationship.

Hopefully, CJ's signing will lead towards some trade movement involving AK, Hart, Collins, or even Harpring or Okur."

You're right about needing to get rid of AK, but for Wally? I know it would purely be a financial move, but moving AK for Wally to keep CJ isn't worth it especially short term, unless the jazz have a plan to sign a real good player next off-season with all that cap room they will have. Knowing the jazz however, I don't know if they would. The jazz would sign someone for sure, but the players out there who the jazz would want are going to be competed against by mulitiple teams to land and the jazz have never been aggressive when facing competition in the free agent market (maybe for Boozer, but was there really any comp. in getting him besides with cleveland?)
Plus, that would be a shame for Williams to have to lead a down-graded team in getting Wally, what the jazz need to do is trade AK and the roles you were speaking about for a real good player like G. Wallace. Even a Boozer/AK for Wallace Okafur would work, but something that makes the jazz more competitive would be the best move I think. Not more cap room and hoping the jazz FO does something smart with it.

Sanddevil23
07-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Well, now we get to see a little more of Almond and maybe this is a good thing... The Jazz don't have to make the hard choice between Miles, Almond and Brewer. I think Miles has talent but, Almond is equally as capable as a shooter and better and he is willing to work from the bottom. I am sure its frustrating playing forever in the D-League but he will just replace Miles on the bench. I hate to lose out on such a prospect but his attitude is terrible. Also, Deron knows this is a business and though he and CJ are good friends, he knows that we are trying to build a better team and if that means letting CJ go because we can spend that money elsewhere, we will let him go. Don't forget we didn't sign Dee after last year and though Deron was not happy, he came out and acknowledged the bigger picture. I really don't think the Jazz are going to sign CJ to a 4 year deal unless some trade happens and I think we only have 7 days to match the offer so it would have to be a quick move to keep him here. Otherwise, that money can go to any of the following players that are free agents next year.... Boozer, Okur, Korver, Millsap, Price, Hart, Collins... In no way do I want them to sign Hart and Collins back but if everyone that ops out does, and everyone that is in the last year of their deal gets signed, we will need the money. I also think next year we can extend Brewers deal so we'll see what happens there... To bad we couldn't get Maggette.

flyboy193
07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
i though they signed him to an offer sheet

THE_FLASH_21
07-20-2008, 05:55 AM
yeah they did..

THE_FLASH_21
07-20-2008, 05:56 AM
CJ Miles is gonna be great.. Remember Raja and Stevenson??? LOL we sure know how to let the good ones leave :(

HotRodsHair
07-20-2008, 10:53 AM
You forgot Sasha.

earschicken
07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I would take Ronnie Brewer over Sasha or DeShawn. They're not exactly superstars. I would love to have Raja back though. CJ's got skills and I hope he finds a situation in OKC where he can get by on talent instead of hard work, because that's how he rolls.

Lo Porto
07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
The only reason I talk AK for Wally is because I think a combination of Brewer, Korver, Harpring, Miles, Wally and Almond would be just as effective as what AK gives. Once Korver gets fully into this Jazz system, he will be starter material. Brewer and Korver could start at the same time and play interchangibly at the 2 and 3. With that being said, AK does not have as much value for us, especially at $15, $16 and $17 the next 3 years. Sure AK brings a lot to the table, but it's time to start thinking like a business or we stand to lose our 2nd best player next season if Boozer opts out. That would be bad business...

Now if we could find a way to get Gerald Wallace for AK, then I'm all about it. Don't see why Charlotte would do it, but you never know. We would probably have to throw in Okur and draft picks or young players to get Okafor too.

sportsnutzz
07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I would take Ronnie Brewer over Sasha or DeShawn. They're not exactly superstars. I would love to have Raja back though. CJ's got skills and I hope he finds a situation in OKC where he can get by on talent instead of hard work, because that's how he rolls.

Wow you just took the words out of my mouth, nice post :clap:

jimbobjarree
07-21-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah im happy for CJ to have his chance, and now for Mo Almond to get his chance

frizbo72
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM
yeah im happy for CJ to have his chance, and now for Mo Almond to get his chance

You are forgetting that since CJ has joined the Jazz he has grown several inches and now is tall enough to play the 3 not the 2. He is young and will continue to get stronger. He won't be battling Alomnd or Brewer for the two spot but working to replace AK at the 3. I hope we can heep him because he is a tough guard at that position and will be good in in the future.

HotRodsHair
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I keep coming back to the same argument in my head. If CJ has an effort issue when he doesn't have a long term deal, particularly on the defensive end, how hard will he work when he is guaranteed big money for several years?

He has talent. We will regret losing him. But less than we would regret paying him big money to stay with his work ethic.

Raupie
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Miles can play the 2 or the 3 spot. I'm not impressed by Almond at all. I'd much rather trade him away then see MIles leave. Almond is older then MIles... has less experience... and is more one dimmensional. Look at Almond during this revue... he isn't doing anything special. Keep Miles and trade Almond... Miles can be a backup for both the 2 and 3 spots... and DWill loves him. You'd think you'd try to keep players you have chemistry with. Miles has never been given a full chance... one year deals never show committment to the player. Make this committment to Miles and I think you will see a much improved Miles.

Lo Porto
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I agree with most of what you said about CJ. If we match, we would show our commitment to him.

I don't agree about Almond. I think he will good and we should keep them both. No need to get rid of Almond, CJ or Brewer - all are cheap options for the next few years. We need cheap options considering how much we'll spend at PG, SF (if we keep AK), PF and C.

chipurmunki
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
that's the thing though. cj wouldn't be cheap. 4 years at 15 mil? i haven't seen anything from him to make me hope we consider matching OKs offer. he wants the jazz to bend over backwards for him without showing the same commitment himself. missing 2 revues? that doesn't show your preferred employer you want to improve your game. he's younger than almond, but almond has shown waaaaaaaay more class and MATURITY than cj. cj comes across as having a 'hey look at me, i'm a top of the line high school baller' and next to no drive to be a top of the line nba player. but he wants to get paid like one. it's not a contest to me. i'm 100% for almond.

JAZZNC
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I think that CJ is unfortunately going to end up being pretty damn good. Its just a shame that he didn't have the kind of work ethic that the Jazz wanted him too. I'll go as far as to say that he'll be a starter on the NOH by seasons end. He's that good, he just doesn't want to work as hard as the next guy and we all know that Sloan will take hard work over natural talent any day of the week.