PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers Trolley

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Have you guys seen this? seems kinda useless to me. If I had to battle traffic from Long Beach all the way to Union Station what's the point since Dodgers Stadium is just another 10-15 mins away?

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ballpark/dodger_trolley.jsp

GHGHCP
07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Hop on board the bandwagon!

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I know right, well we are the Trolley Dodgers geez McCourt is there no marketing idea you won't use?

GHGHCP
07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
It's one of the better ones, I'll give them that, keeping in line with our history in a way.

Mydinsky
07-19-2008, 02:12 AM
You should try taking the Metro up from Long Beach to Union Station and see then if having a trolley is worth it.

After living in Chicago for three years and going to Cubs games on the Red Line, I can't tell you how intolerable driving to a baseball game is anymore. For me, I can get to downtown from the valley in half an hour for $2.50. And then to not have to drive on the 5, deal with the parking lot, pay $15, and drive back home half drunk and sleepy, having a trolley from Union is a godsend.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah but would the metro line I think we have the red line here run that late? then still I would have to drive from the station which is in midtown LB back to my house in Bixby Knolls not fun dealing with LBPD.

Crnoda
07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
i think if done right it can be great, just u have to already know ur public transportation schedules or k now exactly how to find it out, when i lived in toronto thats all you use is public transportation subways and buses and everything was so easily accessible, i typed in union station and it shows me all these lines and no way to check schedules. but i guess the one good thing i know it's cheaper to park your car at union station than it is to park at dodger stadium.

Jubiloman
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
The only really good thing about heading out from Union Station is that you can walk there from Philippi's. You can pig out at Philippi's washing down your meat sandwiches with two or three beers and walk across the street to catch your shuttle. THAT has possibilites!!

Mydinsky
07-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah but would the metro line I think we have the red line here run that late? then still I would have to drive from the station which is in midtown LB back to my house in Bixby Knolls not fun dealing with LBPD.

Well, the last Blue Line train from Los Angeles leaves at 11:45. This cuts it close if it's a long game or it goes into extra innings so I totally understand the reluctance there.

But if it wasn't for those unknowns, you're looking at trading a $30-40 gas/parking cost for about $5 in transit fares.

I'm gonna try it from Woodland Hills once they get the trolley running. If anybody still cares at that point I will report back on the success.

It's weird. Every other stadium I've ever gone to, save Anaheim, I've taken a train or bus and it's always been so easy. The sooner the city of Los Angeles makes this convenient, the better.