PDA

View Full Version : 4 True Contenders Out West and 3 Teams that need one more piece.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I think out West currently that there are 4 teams that can win it all, however there are 3 other teams that need that one piece and should be willing to do anything to get it.

The 4 true contenders IMO are: San Antonio Spurs, LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, and the New Orleans Hornets.

I think each of those teams have enough to come out of the conference.

The other 3 teams in the mix that need one piece are the: Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, and Utah Jazz.

I think those last 3 teams still are in need of one more piece to really stake their claim as a team that can come out next year.

I actually think Dallas, Phoenix and Utah all need to make that move for someone like Ron Artest or Vince Carter in hopes of getting them over the hump because it will be hard to beat those other 4 teams out west if healthy.

Clipper Nation
07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Spurs are done especially if Kurt Thomas is not wearing their uni next year. Phoenix too. Too old. Utah doesn't have it either they need a guy not named Deron Williams who can help shoulder teh scoring consistently and Ronnie Brewer is not that guy. Lakers, Rockets, and Hornets all look nice at this point. A lot of the hornets season is on Peja staying healthy and Posey not dropping off after a contract year. Rockets got a steal in Donte Green watch out for him.

BigEric
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
I think the Jazz can go to the contender category.

kvrnm
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I think out West currently that there are 4 teams that can win it all.

They are: San Antonio Spurs, LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, and the New Orleans Hornets.

The other teams in the mix are the: Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, and Utah Jazz.

I think those last 3 teams still are in need of one more piece to really stake their claim as a team that can come out next year.

you overrate houston big time.

goku
07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
the jazz are contenders you cant deny it

TheBatchelor213
07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Jazz are def contenders, Spurs are not done, they are the Spurs I would not put anything past them. Suns could surpise us. Hornets are there. If I had to make a pick though I would say Rockets do it this year and honestly if they were to deal T Mac for Billups and Wallace that would imo just further their chances. They should send T Mac to Det as he said he would not mind and then he can just lose in the first round again, what an idiot. As far as 1-2 pieces a way, Mavs, Clippers. Portland is a team with pieces in place they are just too young at this point.

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-18-2008, 06:13 PM
San won't
Phx and Dallas have this year or bust.

Lakers/Rockets/Hornets/Jazz are my only true contenders

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
i love how people view the west..I believe theres like 6 teams that can win it all in the west...if ur reason for the spurs NOT winning is there 2 old ur a moron. Theyll be right there til the end. Lakers are obviously favorites as well as the Hornets. Jazz and the Rockets i could see winning the west to...I Cant wait for the season to start. Mavs and Suns wouldnt surprise me either if they were the number 1 seed. I THINK THE only clear number one is in the East an thats the reigning champs..NO-ONE can deny that

yaowowrocket11
07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
you overrate houston big time.

Great reasoning there.

The Rockets were 2 games back from the Lakers at the end of the season, with the 5th seed. This all happened with their all-star center, and the best center in the league, Yao Ming, out for 27 games, not including the postseason. T-Mac also missed 16 games with nagging back injuries. I am 100% sure that if Yao was healthy, that would have helped Houston win at least 2 more games, and take the top seed in the West.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd put the Jazz ahead of the Rockets, only because they can't seem to stat healthy.

A healthy Rockets team is a contender though. I'm just skeptical that they won't have some kind of huge injury.

jetsfan89
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
two gut feelings that dont really have any reasoning behind it i just think it will happen.

i think the lakers are gonna take a step back this year.

i think the mavericks are gonna step up huge this year

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 06:40 PM
i agree...

Dirk and Kidd have a full offseason to prepare and get to play the whole season together..Throw in role players like Howard, Terry, Dampier, Diop, Stacks, eddie jones, b. bass, rookie shan foster and g. green

New coach r. carlisle will be MUCH MUCH better for kidd and dirk than avery. this team will surprise

BADizzleBoY
07-18-2008, 06:43 PM

:nod:

BlondeBomber41
07-18-2008, 06:44 PM
You always overrate the Rockets JordansBulls...

and I would take the Jazz over the Rockets anyday, as would I the Mavs.

goku
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
if the rockets are healthy they will compete at a contender level

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Yup.

juggla53
07-18-2008, 07:03 PM
The rockets are not in the catagory of LA, SA, or NO. They are a peice away because its a given that Yao or Tmac are going to get hurt and then it will be one star with a bunch of role players which doesnt work well for advanceing in the playoffs unless your name is Lebron James.

Clipper Nation
07-18-2008, 07:05 PM
I like how you call me a moron for saying the Spurs are too old. You said the Suns or Dallas could be the #1 seed! when was the last time a #1 seed especailly in the west had a first year coach? Jazz might be a "contender" but if by some fluke chance they do win the west and get past the lakers or hornets, veryyy slim chance, no way they can beat boston.

dre1990
07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I think out West currently that there are 4 teams that can win it all.

They are: San Antonio Spurs, LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, and the New Orleans Hornets.

The other teams in the mix are the: Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, and Utah Jazz.

hows houston in the contenders and utah aint

Vidball
07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz are all contenders IMO. The Rocket stars are pretty brittle, but I think if they get a favorable 1st round matchup they could gain some momentum. I also think the Spurs hopes are tied to another team taking out the Lakers for them. Any of those teams could come out of the West though.

Jay22Redd
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
The top four teams in the west in order are Lakers, New Orleans, Houston, and San Antonio

The Lakers are without a doubt the best in the west. CP3 is going to force the Hornets to be a top seed again and with the addition of Posey, it makes them even better. T-Mac i going to play good this season because for the first time in his career, he has a pretty good veteran backup who is going to give T-Mac rest. San Antonio, well they stay at the top with Duncan, Manu and Parker.

The three teams I believe are one peace away are: Suns, Mavericks & Blazers

The Suns are getting old but Amare is getting better with O'Neal on his side and Nash at the point. I couldnt tell you what they are missing cause i hardly watch them but they seem to always be right there. It just hard to tell what the Mavericks need,except consistency. Everyone doesnt show up every night. Blazers need a big man, which is Oden coming in this season, and leadership because they are all young.

yaowowrocket11
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Contenders:

Lakers
Hornets
Rockets
Jazz
Spurs

In that order.

astrosmaniac
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
If houston is entirely healthy they are better than the mavs, suns, and jazz

Once again i said IF entirely healthy

the lakers are better, but with the spurs getting older i think they will take a step down, abou to the rockets level. i think the hornets are on their way up and are equal to the rockets, but not that much better yet.

And yes if healthy the rockets are better than the jazz. Without 2 starters, and with another (battier) having a hurt knee, that required surgery to remove peices of bone, they still forced utah to 6 games, and beat utah, in utah.

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I like how you call me a moron for saying the Spurs are too old. You said the Suns or Dallas could be the #1 seed! when was the last time a #1 seed especailly in the west had a first year coach? Jazz might be a "contender" but if by some fluke chance they do win the west and get past the lakers or hornets, veryyy slim chance, no way they can beat boston.

no matter who come out the west they wont be able to beat boston...

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
hows houston in the contenders and utah aint

Utah struggled mightily against Houston and they didn't have Yao.

The reason I mentioned those 4 teams in NO, LA, Hou and SA is because each of those teams have a good frontcourt and they have a good backcourt along with good perimeter defense.

I think the Mavs lack the perimeter defense (frontcourt got a lot better with Diop and the coach), but they still need a good defender for perimeter guys.

Utah is good, but they could use better "D" on the perimeter as well and they need Okur to play more like a big man.

The Suns are good as well, but I am not sold on them yet.

Spurred1
07-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure why some people are that convinced that Houston is a legitimate contender over Utah. Houston has the pieces to be a legitimate team, but their playoff failures and persistent injuries cast a lot of doubt. I think Utah is more of a legitimate contender than Houston.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-18-2008, 07:32 PM
how are the jazz contendors? yea they win in the regular season, but as long as Okur keeps playing outside as if he was a 2 guard, and ronnie brewer is there 3rd option, sorry to break it to you jazz fans, but you will not be champions.

BUT they are a move away from being in the "contendors" category.
i agree with JordansBulls' list the way it is.

Hurricane Chise
07-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I think the number one contender in the West is obviously the Lakers. After that I guess you have to look at the Hornets. But outside of N.O and L.A everyone else has question marks....

Utah = is good enough to win a series or 2 in the playoffs, but thats it

S.A = is getting older every year, they need young help

Houston = if they stay healthy, watch out... but nobody's ever seen them stay healthy

Phx = Steve Nash and Amare aren't enough, Shaq is nothing compared to what he used to be

Dallas = if anyone thinks they'll "suprise" people this year.. you're an idiot. They've never done it before, why would they now?

m26555
07-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I think out West currently that there are 4 teams that can win it all, however there are 3 other teams that need that one piece and should be willing to do anything to get it.

The 4 true contenders IMO are: San Antonio Spurs, LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, and the New Orleans Hornets.

The other 3 teams in the mix that need one piece are the: Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, and Utah Jazz.

I actually think Dallas, Phoenix and Utah all need to make that move for someone like Ron Artest or Vince Carter in hopes of getting them over the hump because it will be hard to beat those other 4 teams out west if healthy.
You REALLY have to get over your blatant homerism for the Rockets. How can you say they are not missing a piece when Yao and McGrady STILL have not made it out of the first round? Face it; Houston is NOT a contender. I find it hilarious how you can list them ahead of the Jazz when Utah has beaten them in the past two postseasons.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:51 PM
You REALLY have to get over your blatant homerism for the Rockets. How can you say they are not missing a piece when Yao and McGrady STILL have not made it out of the first round? Face it; Houston is NOT a contender. I find it hilarious how you can list them ahead of the Jazz when Utah has beaten them in the past two postseasons.

Utah hasn't added any players. The year in 2006-2007 the series was pretty much a deadlock and then the Rockets got a better coach, better PF and better backup PG while the Jazz lost a player in Fisher.

In 2007-2008 Yao was hurt the entire time and Rafer missed the 1st two games of the series where the Rockets lost.

Utah is soft up front with Okur taken 3's and they lack the perimeter defense IMO.

PrymaL
07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
i love how people view the west..I believe theres like 6 teams that can win it all in the west...if ur reason for the spurs NOT winning is there 2 old ur a moron. Theyll be right there til the end. Lakers are obviously favorites as well as the Hornets. Jazz and the Rockets i could see winning the west to...I Cant wait for the season to start. Mavs and Suns wouldnt surprise me either if they were the number 1 seed. I THINK THE only clear number one is in the East an thats the reigning champs..NO-ONE can deny that

The Cavs can if they get another solid player.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Ronnie Brewer is only getting better. Deron Williams is extended and only getting better. Guys like Ronnie Price and Morris Almond will be better and Sloan will have more confidence in them since it will be their 2nd year with the team.

LakeShowRaider
07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Ummm.. I would have to say the top 3 teams out west are the Lakers, Spurs and Jazz with the Hornets on the outside looking in.

As for Houston you have really overrated them. I mean yea that team has potential to be a contender but then you can say that about any team. But I guess ill give them the benefit of the doubt...for now

As for Phoenix and Dallas the same category of New Orleans, Phoenix more so than Dallas

astrosmaniac
07-18-2008, 08:51 PM
ok if both teams were healthy on a nuetral court who would win, rockets or jazz?

Williams>Rafer.....Jazz win
any jazz player at SG<McGrady.....Rockets win
AK47=Battier*....Tie
Boozer<Scola.....Jazz win
Okur<Yao.....Rockets win
Jazz bench<Rockets bench...Rockets win

Rockets.....3
Jazz.....2

*I called it a tie because AK47 is better on offense, but battier's defense is so much better, it cancels each other out, so its a tie

astrosmaniac
07-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Ummm.. I would have to say the top 3 teams out west are the Lakers, Spurs and Jazz with the Hornets on the outside looking in.

hornets are better than jazz, just face it

Joshtd1
07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Seeing as the Jazz have made the WCF, and semi confrence playoffs, I think they are a contender.

People keep saying the Spurs are too old..:bla:, that has been said like the last 3 years or so...and what do you know, we always happen to be right there contending for the title.

clehmun
07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
i think i'll take the jazz over houston and NO.
tmac and yao have been playing together for 4 years now. and year after year, all i hear is people saying, just wait till next year when they're healthy. they're the scary team when healthy. they're contenders with yao and tmac when healthy.
one year is bad luck, two years is coincidence. but three and four years? rockets have never put a full season together. sooner or later, the injury excuse gets lame.
i'm not hating, they might do it this year, but i need to see them past the first round before believing they're contenders.

NO is a great young team. chris paul is the best PG in the league. they had a great season. i just want to see one more year. the hornets will be good when the rest of their team catches up to chris paul a little bit. i'm not a david west fan. i think he's a product of chris paul. but that's only my opinion.

esscobar05
07-18-2008, 09:19 PM
You guys are sleeping on the Warriors... I would put them ahead of Dallas...
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
tie. Warriors

Hornets are going to be very very tough this season.. lakers will have problems if they do not get any outside threats....

Spurred1
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
tie. Warriors

Hornets are going to be very very tough this season.. lakers will have problems if they do not get any outside threats....
But who's the threat on the Warriors? Maggette & Jackson? That's not enough to get them very far at all in the West.

JordansBulls
07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
tie. Warriors

Warriors over the Mavs???
:confused:

Fireworld
07-19-2008, 12:55 AM
two gut feelings that dont really have any reasoning behind it i just think it will happen.

Can you please explain why you think this? You have reason right?:o

Spurred1
07-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Can you please explain why you think this? You have reason right?:o
He did say it was a gut feeling.

Jay22Redd
07-19-2008, 01:26 AM
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
tie. Warriors

No way the suns are going to be ahead of us. and the warriors? we will be ATLEAST 10 games ahead of them.

ARMIN12NBA
07-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Great reasoning there.

The Rockets were 2 games back from the Lakers at the end of the season, with the 5th seed. This all happened with their all-star center, and the best center in the league, Yao Ming, out for 27 games, not including the postseason. T-Mac also missed 16 games with nagging back injuries. I am 100% sure that if Yao was healthy, that would have helped Houston win at least 2 more games, and take the top seed in the West.

I am 100% sure that if Bynum didn't get injured (missed 47 games) and Pau wasn't injured for the Lakers for 5 games then the Lakers would have definately had more wins and would have been ahead of the Rockets.

The Lakers were the least healthy team in the West and they still took the top spot. We can play the "what if" game all we want, but it won't matter.

Anyways:

Contenders: Lakers, Spurs, Jazz, Hornets

One miss piece: Mavericks, Suns, Houston

Bosh=nextKG
07-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Jazz are def contenders, Spurs are not done, they are the Spurs I would not put anything past them. Suns could surpise us. Hornets are there. If I had to make a pick though I would say Rockets do it this year and honestly if they were to deal T Mac for Billups and Wallace that would imo just further their chances. They should send T Mac to Det as he said he would not mind and then he can just lose in the first round again, what an idiot. As far as 1-2 pieces a way, Mavs, Clippers. Portland is a team with pieces in place they are just too young at this point.

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

No offense but think before u run ur mouth. If tmac went to the pistons he would deff get out of the 1st round.

SouljahPhil...
07-19-2008, 03:17 AM

i think the mavericks are gonna step up huge this year

we gonna take a step bacK???

If bynum could just come back healthy we will be a really good team...

SouljahPhil...
07-19-2008, 03:20 AM
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
tie. Warriors

what outside threats???

we have radman and vujacic as shooters..we dont need any outside threats maybe a Starting SF who can shoot decent from midrange and 3..

Tblaze
07-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Utah is a contender and Houston is 1 piece away. If Houston gets one more piece to help them play when they have injuries again they're contenders.. if not, they will be as injury plagued as last few years and not make it far.

kobeonekenobe
07-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Lakers
New Orleans
San Antonio
Utah
are definate contenders.

Phoenix, Houston, Dallas and Denver need a couple more players to compete in my opinion,

Portland and the Clippers are definately going to suprise a fe people, they could be in the mix

futureman
07-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Rockets being rated over the jazz is total crap especially after they beat them 2 consecutive years in the playoffs and in the first round. A team that can't advance in the playoffs should in no way or form be ahead of the jazz. the jazz have even advanced to the WCF recently.

And as for NO being ahead of the jazz all I have to say is look at the stats, Hornets were 1-3 against the jazz last season and Head to Head D-Will MAKES A COMPLETE BUST out of CP3 end of story!!! Posey won't help that fact thats for damn sure.

JordansBulls
07-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Rockets being rated over the jazz is total crap especially after they beat them 2 consecutive years in the playoffs and in the first round. A team that can't advance in the playoffs should in no way or form be ahead of the jazz. the jazz have even advanced to the WCF recently.

And as for NO being ahead of the jazz all I have to say is look at the stats, Hornets were 1-3 against the jazz last season and Head to Head D-Will MAKES A COMPLETE BUST out of CP3 end of story!!! Posey won't help that fact thats for damn sure.

Well the Lakers and Celtics did quite well even though they hadn't done well in the playoffs the past few years until last season. Also look how good the Hornets did once they were healthy.

LakerzDQ
07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
utah jazz are contenders. I don't know about san antonio. Lakers squished them pretty easily in the playoffs. I mean, you know there's something wrong when your best scorer is being shut down by Sasha Vujacic.

Knicks845
07-19-2008, 09:50 AM
ok if both teams were healthy on a nuetral court who would win, rockets or jazz?

AK47=Battier*....Tie
Okur<Yao.....Rockets win

Rockets.....3
Jazz.....2

*I called it a tie because AK47 is better on offense, but battier's defense is so much better, it cancels each other out, so its a tie

I wouldn't say "battuer's defense is so much better," AK47's defense is not bad, he is known more as a defensive player then offensive? Honestly I would say they have the same defense.

DrDEADalready
07-19-2008, 10:00 AM
This is Dumb take. rockets down. and put Jazz as one of the 4 teams. because 2 years ago. they were healthy. and we beat them. and the jazz are way better now than 2 years ago. so will beat them again. like we did last year. so dont go on the If healthy thing. because they were healthy. so jazz are a contender.

mjsparks2345
07-19-2008, 10:03 AM
utah jazz are contenders. I don't know about san antonio. Lakers squished them pretty easily in the playoffs. I mean, you know there's something wrong when your best scorer is being shut down by Sasha Vujacic.

Ginobili did not get shut down by Vujacic. Ginobili had a bad ankle. He was playing hurt through that entire series. That messed his game up.

DrDEADalready
07-19-2008, 10:06 AM

AK47=Battier*....Tie
Okur<Yao.....Rockets win

Rockets.....3
Jazz.....2

I'll give you everything except for the Bench. the Jazz bench is WAY DEEPER and BETTER than Houstons. we have one of the Best team comming off the bench. in the playoffs that how we beat you guys so bad. BENCH vs Bench. jazz is way better. so Jazz 3 rockets 2

theimortalone
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Spurs are done especially if Kurt Thomas is not wearing their uni next year. Phoenix too. Too old. Utah doesn't have it either they need a guy not named Deron Williams who can help shoulder teh scoring consistently and Ronnie Brewer is not that guy. Lakers, Rockets, and Hornets all look nice at this point. A lot of the hornets season is on Peja staying healthy and Posey not dropping off after a contract year. Rockets got a steal in Donte Green watch out for him.

Your crazy! Do you not realize that the Suns still have a 34 year old 2 time M-V-P in S.Nash? Also do you not realize that since the Suns Aquired Shaq amare averaged 30 ppg? This team yes may be old, but they can easily win the Pacific division. Amare will average over 30 ppg this year. You will see. Also Utah is a top 4 contender. Houston is overrated should not be in the top 4. A team that cant even get out of the first round doesnt need to be in the top 4. Not to mention their franchise player T-Mac, may be possibly leaving.

leftymo
07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah a lot of undeserved love for a team that still hasn't gotten out of the first round. (HOUSTON). Until they do that, they are not contenders.

WCF appearance with an obvious improvement in the off-season.

The three real contenders are Lakers, Hornets, and Spurs. But after Hornets got Posey, they will be tough. Lakers add a 7 foot 280 lbs franchise center, and Houston gets their allstar center back.

Phoenix doesn't play defense and their two MVP's are past their prime.
Dallas hasn't done anything to improve themself thus far.
San Antonio is losing their window. They could come back strong, but again, the supporting cast is weaker.

Golden State is tough to get a read on. So much player movement may affect them early.

Portland will be the upstart team.

Jazz are a contender, but seem to have a piece missing.

Denver still doesn't play defense and just lost their best defensive player.

theimortalone
07-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah a lot of undeserved love for a team that still hasn't gotten out of the first round. (HOUSTON). Until they do that, they are not contenders.

WCF appearance with an obvious improvement in the off-season.

The three real contenders are Lakers, Hornets, and Spurs. But after Hornets got Posey, they will be tough. Lakers add a 7 foot 280 lbs franchise center, and Houston gets their allstar center back.

Phoenix doesn't play defense and their two MVP's are past their prime.
Dallas hasn't done anything to improve themself thus far.
San Antonio is losing their window. They could come back strong, but again, the supporting cast is weaker.

Golden State is tough to get a read on. So much player movement may affect them early.

Portland will be the upstart team.

Jazz are a contender, but seem to have a piece missing.

Denver still doesn't play defense and just lost their best defensive player.
This will be the year for them to prove everyone wrong! They will step it up on D!

astrosmaniac
07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
The Lakers were the least healthy team in the West
:pity:Bynum was good, but he isnt allstar calibur yet, yao is. u missed gasol for 5 games, big deal. the rockets were missing an allstar, and frankly the best player at that position, for about 30 games and the playoffs. They also had 1 of their other starters miss most of the playoff, and 2 more (tmac and Battier) werent at 100% and needed surgery after the season was over. The lakers as the most injured team? pleases :pity:

astrosmaniac
07-19-2008, 10:57 AM
This is Dumb take. rockets down. and put Jazz as one of the 4 teams. because 2 years ago. they were healthy. and we beat them. and the jazz are way better now than 2 years ago. so will beat them again. like we did last year. so dont go on the If healthy thing. because they were healthy. so jazz are a contender.

2 years ago we had juan howard as the starting PF. JUAN HOWARD!!!! tell me if you took out AK47 and gave u like, i dont know, some second stringer from a non playoff team, or took away okar and gave u kwame brown, that u would have beat us. and dont even use last year with no yao, no rafer, and an injured battier and t-mac.

astrosmaniac
07-19-2008, 11:00 AM
A team that can't advance in the playoffs should in no way or form be ahead of the jazz. the jazz have even advanced to the WCF recently.

until last year, neither the celtics or lakers had been past the 1st round, since shaq left LA. Horrible argument

SHONIE
07-19-2008, 11:11 AM
The Rockets are being underrated, regardless of their short playoff stints.

esscobar05
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
You forget about Monte Ellis (and his 20+ pts).... Also they have a 10-10 guy in Biedrins another 15 pts from Al HArrington... Don't sleep on them... Remember they did 48 games last year so they were not too far back anyway

DrDEADalready
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
2 years ago we had juan howard as the starting PF. JUAN HOWARD!!!! tell me if you took out AK47 and gave u like, i dont know, some second stringer from a non playoff team, or took away okar and gave u kwame brown, that u would have beat us. and dont even use last year with no yao, no rafer, and an injured battier and t-mac.

Hey bro, just face it. Jazz are better than Rockets. if there healthy or not. either way the jazz are going to come out on top.
and we will prove it again this year.

esscobar05
07-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Mav's are old and played out... They will be good but I think that they take a step back... They were only 2-3 games ahead of Golden State last season and they are now a year older...

esscobar05
07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
10 games? Houston were lucky last season... Until they get rid of McGrady all they will be doing is taking up space in the playoffs.. They will never get past the first round.. He is always hurt and sometimes takes so ill advised shots thats a cancer to a team that is already offensively challenged.. Houston will be good but I think Golden State will surprise a lot of people this up coming season by being just as good as the Rockets

esscobar05
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Sasha may be leaving and Rad is sometiming... I like Sasha but if they lose him they are in trouble... I love Fisher as a outside threat but for some reason Phil dosen't play him enough... Plus, he is getting a little old.... LAkers will be in the top 3 but as far as a Championship? I don't see it unless they get tougher healthy and another consisten outside shooter..

marques724
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
The problem with saying if the rockets stay healthy they're contenders is that they never stay healthy. LA. NO, Utah and SA are the true contenders.

mamba24
07-19-2008, 11:49 AM

k the rockets definitely dont have enough to win the conference... they havent even made it outta the first round of the playoffs since scottie pippen was there. you cant put them in the same sentence with the spurs, NO, or the lakers. the 4th team shoulda been utah and the rockets are still needing one more piece

IndiansFan337
07-19-2008, 12:13 PM

The Rockets are not better than the Jazz, Mavs or Suns. :confused:

Until the Rockets add a 3rd scorer who can consistently give them 14-16 ppg then they aren't going to get out of the 1st round.

If Phoenix could somehow add Artest I would say they are the best team out West.

JordansBulls
07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
:pity:Bynum was good, but he isnt allstar calibur yet, yao is. u missed gasol for 5 games, big deal. the rockets were missing an allstar, and frankly the best player at that position, for about 30 games and the playoffs. They also had 1 of their other starters miss most of the playoff, and 2 more (tmac and Battier) werent at 100% and needed surgery after the season was over. The lakers as the most injured team? pleases :pity:

Also in the playoffs they weren't injured either.

m26555
07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
until last year, neither the celtics or lakers had been past the 1st round, since shaq left LA. Horrible argument
Except the Rockets haven't added Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen or Pau Gasol.

beef.shawarma
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
lakers, hornets, spurs & jazz are my picks as contenders in the west..
maybe the rockets too IF they manage to stay healthy..

Chronz
07-19-2008, 02:39 PM
The Rockets are not better than the Jazz, Mavs or Suns. :confused:

Until the Rockets add a 3rd scorer who can consistently give them 14-16 ppg then they aren't going to get out of the 1st round.

If Phoenix could somehow add Artest I would say they are the best team out West.
What did the Suns do that makes them better than the Rockets this year?