PDA

View Full Version : Season predictions

Pages : [1] 2

roggydog
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Which team will make the playoffs and who will win the super bowl??

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 03:53 PM
hadnt put much thought into it but if i had to guess just ... it would be hard to think tha pats wouldnt be there.. and if tha nfc as much as i hate to say it cowboys have tha most talent i would have to say pats vs boys ... pats takin it.... i think we can win tha west this year tho..

S*Franchise*F
07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
niners win the west and first round with a 10-6 record
pats take the bowl

MaZin420
07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Colts will win the SB

AFC

East- Pats
north- Browns
South- Colts
West-Chargers
WC- Jaguars
WC- Steelers

nfc

East- Cowgirls
South- Saints
north- Vikes
West- Seacocks
WC1- Giants

Warning Homer pick coming

WC2 49ers

mac scootch
07-20-2008, 03:58 AM
Niners go 0-16 (everything I say usually happens opposite.)

But really...without thinking too much...I like a few teams. Jags, Chargers and the Cowboys.

I personally don't see the Pats going undefeated or even making it to the SB this year. Playoffs....for sure...SB, no way. The weak Giants team showed that Brady doesn't work too well under pressure.

ninerfan609
07-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Cowboys look good, in the nfc and colts in the afc. niners make the playoffs, thats all that matters to me.

wonkman22
07-21-2008, 01:18 AM
i hope niners go to the playoffs. at least wildcard. i smell playoffs felas

9erlakesdodgers
07-21-2008, 02:46 AM
we beat the seahawks twice 2 years ago, we beat the cards last year twice after going 2 years 0-4 against them. Seahawks are old and may have got weaker this offseason, cards are the cards and we can beat the rams. I say we win the div. Get all our pieces together and take it. Thats all that counts. I do like the Vikings going far though.

DownSouth49er
07-21-2008, 03:09 AM
we beat the seahawks twice 2 years ago, we beat the cards last year twice after going 2 years 0-4 against them. Seahawks are old and may have got weaker this offseason, cards are the cards and we can beat the rams. I say we win the div. Get all our pieces together and take it. Thats all that counts. I do like the Vikings going far though.

very good point of view....i must admit that i agree with you on everything you said....i think we will win the division for sure this year, i really like our chances of finishing 9-7 or 10-6 and i'm leaning more towards the latter...me and my bro was just talking about the vikings earlier today and we both agreed that they can be a sleeper team somewhat and really make it deep into the playoffs if their QB play is up to par and berrian jumps right in and produces....but im so anxious to see our team:clap:

DownSouth49er
07-21-2008, 03:10 AM

i smell it too

SEAN21REDSKINS
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
yeah i guess i could see the 49ers in the playoff hunt this year with a great offensive coordinator. All depends on Dolla Bill tho!

Dolla Bill is Alex Smith's nickname on the niners FYI

jbeezy
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
:pity:

niners395
07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Unlike many people I dont think the vikings will go that far. probably wild card round. Cause i noticed they're are a lot like our niners 2 years ago. They had a good season going under the radar. Had around a .500 record. And then had a huge offseason. Does anybody remember this? The off season where we signed nate clement and michael lewis? But our problems was that we didnt have a quarterback (and still dont), and neither do the vikings. Though i think they will do better than 4-12, they wont do much better.

DownSouth49er
07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Unlike many people I dont think the vikings will go that far. probably wild card round. Cause i noticed they're are a lot like our niners 2 years ago. They had a good season going under the radar. Had around a .500 record. And then had a huge offseason. Does anybody remember this? The off season where we signed nate clement and michael lewis? But our problems was that we didnt have a quarterback (and still dont), and neither do the vikings. Though i think they will do better than 4-12, they wont do much better.

no our problem was that we didn't have a OC and a solid line....look up how many sacks our line gave up and tell me which QB could have a stellar year behind that kind of a line...mike vick, steve young, randall cunningham, jeff garcia or any of the extremely mobile QB's of the NFL past or present, couldn't escape what our line was letting through last season :D

NorCal$24
07-22-2008, 03:25 AM
AFC:

West- Chargers (2)
North- Browns (4)
South- Colts (3)
East- Pats (1)
WC1-Jaguars (5)
WC2- Steelers (6)

NFC:
West- 49ers (3)
North- Vikings (2)
South- Saints (4)
East- Cowboys (1)
WC1- Packers (5)
WC2- Eagles (6)

Super Bowl:

49ers beat Chargers 31-28

jsand3030
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Im not going to make the homer statement that the 49ers will make the playoffs.. What i don't understand is that everyone is picking us to have a horrible year finishing around last in the division. The truth has to be somewhere in the middle. We haven't proved to be consistently good or a playoff team yet.. We have some good young players and hopefully we get in by a wild card with 9-7 ... This season all depends on our lines on both sides of the ball. If Alex has time to throw well be OK...

Baller1
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Im not going to make the homer statement that the 49ers will make the playoffs.. What i don't understand is that everyone is picking us to have a horrible year finishing around last in the division. The truth has to be somewhere in the middle. We haven't proved to be consistently good or a playoff team yet.. We have some good young players and hopefully we get in by a wild card with 9-7 ... This season all depends on our lines on both sides of the ball. If Alex has time to throw well be OK...

I'm not trying to bait or anything, but I'm going to ask you (you seem to be the only fan in this thread with a realistic view). Why do you think the 49ers will win 9 games? What did they do that compliments such an improvement over last season? Just curious...

jsand3030
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not trying to bait or anything, but I'm going to ask you (you seem to be the only fan in this thread with a realistic view). Why do you think the 49ers will win 9 games? What did they do that compliments such an improvement over last season? Just curious...

I think last year you have to throw out the window, with the injuries to Smith and the horrible play calling/lack of confidence in with OC. Weve added some nice players in the off season, with the biggest acquisition being Martz.. If they evolve from their 7 win season 2 years ago which they had (on paper) a worse team, expectations should be at least to be .500 for the season..

Baller1
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
I think last year you have to throw out the window, with the injuries to Smith and the horrible play calling/lack of confidence in with OC. Weve added some nice players in the off season, with the biggest acquisition being Martz.. If they evolve from their 7 win season 2 years ago which they had (on paper) a worse team, expectations should be at least to be .500 for the season..

Alright cool. I was just wondering. Their inconsistency can lead me to believe what you're saying.

9erlakesdodgers
07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
yea well its very easy to make a big improvement from last year cuz that was a disaster on all fronts. We have had the right pieces the last 2 yrs to make a good run at the division and thats why if martz can get it going and we stay healthy we can contend for the division this year. 9 games may be enough to even win it, who knows. Our schedule is alot harder than last years, but once a team gets rolling you never know.

Baller1
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
yea well its very easy to make a big improvement from last year cuz that was a disaster on all fronts. We have had the right pieces the last 2 yrs to make a good run at the division and thats why if martz can get it going and we stay healthy we can contend for the division this year. 9 games may be enough to even win it, who knows. Our schedule is alot harder than last years, but once a team gets rolling you never know.

You honestly think the Seahawks will win less than 10 games?!

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I will just dream and say the 9ers win the superbowl...
Thank me if I am right though...

Rams of '99? You never know!

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 03:08 AM

:yawn:

bornFrisco49er
07-24-2008, 03:14 AM
i'll quote nolan and say that our issue last year was high expectations but looking too far ahead and not taking a step at a time. we knew we were an up and coming team, but we needed to focus with the game at hand. i hope they fix that and take it step by step this year. im praying for a wildcard. that would make my year. thats all i want. of course we want more, but for now lets focus on opening day!

p.s. kentwaln balmer- sign and PRACTICE

JBOakley
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
We will easily make the playoffs. Alex Smith will finally be a QB we can depend on I say Alex will throw for 3200 yards 23 Tds and 10 picks and the niners will go 10-6 this year

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 02:12 PM
I love how everyone says the Seahawks are "old". We only have 3 starters on offense over the age of 30. On defense we only have 1 starter on defense over the age of 30 as well. So much for that reason of why you guys will win the division.

jsand3030
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I still dont understand how anyone here can confidently say that well easily make the playoffs.. come on guys..

jsand3030
07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I love how everyone says the Seahawks are "old". We only have 3 starters on offense over the age of 30. On defense we only have 1 starter on defense over the age of 30 as well. So much for that reason of why you guys will win the division.

Its not that they are that old, its that they aren't that good. Every year they've gotten weaker and weaker, while the rest of the division has got better and better.....

9erlakesdodgers
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Its not that they are that old, its that they aren't that good. Every year they've gotten weaker and weaker, while the rest of the division has got better and better.....

Yea which is usually a sign of age, I guess for the Seahawks they just don't get better if they're not old. Low expectations for the Seahawks, just get by winning a bad division and then lose in 1st rd of the playoffs. In acouple of years Seattle will be the worst team in the division at the rate they are going. Ahhhh and Mike Holmgren with the Niners next year.

jbeezy
07-24-2008, 03:02 PM
This forum is not the Seahawks forum so please Seahawk fans stop baiting the 49er fans and stop talking about your team here.

jsand3030
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Im not really worried about the seahawks fans in here.. Their team has no history of doing anything, dont scare anybody and their fans have nothing to talk smack about because all they can claim is that they've gone to the playoffs a couple of years in a row...

bornFrisco49er
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
we'll wait and see. i give a lot of cred to mike holmgren and his staff. he's killed the niners since green bay and as of late in seattle. he knows the niners and runs the west coast o.i mean he was a coordinator for us a while back and learned a lot of knowledge from the late great bill walsh. as did mike shanahan i believe. we'll see how the hawks fare once he leaves after this year. seahawks have got players i'l give em that. i just dont like talkin smack and having smack been talked at my team before the season. ok l;ast season is over. the new season has already begun. talk smack after our first game with u hawks. and i will respect it and we can argue of what went down this year. not last year.

p.s. thank u balmer for signing on time.

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Im not really worried about the seahawks fans in here.. Their team has no history of doing anything, dont scare anybody and their fans have nothing to talk smack about because all they can claim is that they've gone to the playoffs a couple of years in a row...

Pulling out the history card again... Oh man. Sorry, but I'd rather have a team that is good now than a team that was good decades ago.

Sorry, didn't know non-9er fans were not allowed to post in here. :confused:

jbeezy
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Anybody can post here just keep it all 49ers talk since this is a 49er forum.

jsand3030
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Pulling out the history card again... Oh man. Sorry, but I'd rather have a team that is good now than a team that was good decades ago.

Sorry, didn't know non-9er fans were not allowed to post in here. :confused:

history has nothing to do with this, Im talking about now. The whole point is, that your team isnt that good now... regarding the second part of the comment you made, you really must be young or not know football to make a statement like that...

Baller1
07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
history has nothing to do with this, Im talking about now. The whole point is, that your team isnt that good now... regarding the second part of the comment you made, you really must be young or not know football to make a statement like that...

:laugh2:

What makes you think this? You have absolutely no proof of this. We have won the division 4 straight years, to say that a team doing that isn't good is absurd. I garauntee Seattle wins the division again this season and has a top 5 defense in the NFC. You can quote me on that right now.

Baller1
07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Anybody can post here just keep it all 49ers talk since this is a 49er forum.

It's a football forum, and we are having a football related conversation. I don't see the problem. And considering there are San Fran fans in our forums, then I'm pretty sure I feel ok being in here.

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM

It's called "Sarcasm".

And about the history stuff, in your post you specifically said how the Seahawks 'have no history of anything.' Then you continue and say how we have nothing to talk about because we've only been to the playoffs a couple years in a row.

How in the world does that make it sound like you aren't talking about history? Or did I just totally misread you on the post I quoted you on? Just curious.

jsand3030
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM

What makes you think this? You have absolutely no proof of this. We have won the division 4 straight years, to say that a team doing that isn't good is absurd. I garauntee Seattle wins the division again this season and has a top 5 defense in the NFC. You can quote me on that right now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
^ I have no idea why you're laughing.

DownSouth49er
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
you seattle guys had it planned to come on our forum and start something, one of you made a post and got one niner fan to respond, and now there are three or four of you on here talking out the anus....if you believe in you team then fine, post your statements of confidence on your teams forum....coming on a teams forum and talking about how your team is going to be better is baiting and you guys know that's what your intenions were....one of you even started out your statement with "i'm not trying to bait or anything"....if you feel you will win the division again, fine....if you feel you team is still better than the others in the division, then fine, but don't come on the 49ers bcuz it's baiting....plain and simple

Baller1
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:confused:

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
so why not report it? if they are posting on your teams site and you don't like it, report it.....don't come on the 49ers forum making statements for all of their fans to see just because a few our their fans did it to you...that what the report link is for...hope you guys have a good season and we'll see how it all plays out...adios

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 12:29 AM
^I understand it is your forum, but what is wrong with some debating? It makes it interesting and passes time. I'm not trying to bait you at all. All I did was finally make my way onto your forum (first time since last season) and I read a few posts. What is wrong with voicing my own opinion? When I see someone say how “old” the Seahawks are and how we got worse this off-season, that is just laughable. We are old huh? 3 starters on offense over the age of 30 and only 1 starter on defense over the age of 30, and that happens to be Kerney. Now if you think that is old, that is fine with me. See? All I am doing is saying the facts about the age part of the Seahawks. I don’t see much wrong with that…

Then I see someone saying how the Seahawks “got worse this off-season” and that, I do not understand. Any team would improve greatly if they could cut a guy like Alexander. He over-achieved his entire career behind our O-Line.

Overall, I was just bored up in my Seattle Seahawks forum because we’re so “old” and “bad”, so I wanted to do some posting so I figured I would. It is a public forum and all I am doing is voicing my own opinion. I fail to see how bad that is… Sorry if I was "Baiting" anyone. :hide:

Lincoln Logs
07-25-2008, 01:33 AM
I think what my fellow Niners fans are saying is that winning the West 4 Years straight really doesn't count for much these days. :laugh2:

As for the actual question, I think it all depends on how Smith does with Martz offense. He did pretty wel in his 2nd seasonl with an accomplished OC in Turner, so I'm hoping he can do similar under another in Martz. I would say nearly every other part of the team has improved, Secondary, LineBackers, Recievers, possibly the O-Line since that 7-9 year, so if Smith can do well with Martz, I see no reason why the Niners can't at least get that record again.

bornFrisco49er
07-25-2008, 01:34 AM

i will quote u on that one and i will hold u 2 it. u can qoute me on saying that if ur hawks dont win the division, or has a top 5 defense, i will be glad to bring it up after the season is over. a guarantee is a guarantee and u guaranteed ur hawks get both. maybe the division but a top 5 defense i dont think so.

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 02:01 AM
^I understand it is your forum, but what is wrong with some debating? It makes it interesting and passes time. I'm not trying to bait you at all. All I did was finally make my way onto your forum (first time since last season) and I read a few posts. What is wrong with voicing my own opinion? When I see someone say how “old” the Seahawks are and how we got worse this off-season, that is just laughable. We are old huh? 3 starters on offense over the age of 30 and only 1 starter on defense over the age of 30, and that happens to be Kerney. Now if you think that is old, that is fine with me. See? All I am doing is saying the facts about the age part of the Seahawks. I don’t see much wrong with that…

Then I see someone saying how the Seahawks “got worse this off-season” and that, I do not understand. Any team would improve greatly if they could cut a guy like Alexander. He over-achieved his entire career behind our O-Line.

Overall, I was just bored up in my Seattle Seahawks forum because we’re so “old” and “bad”, so I wanted to do some posting so I figured I would. It is a public forum and all I am doing is voicing my own opinion. I fail to see how bad that is… Sorry if I was "Baiting" anyone. :hide:

no need to apologize.....your post for the most part was just making a point and that's fine....i took offense to baller101200 coming on the forum and stating "you seem to be the only fan in this thread with a realistic view"...i can't speak for the guys on the forum but my season predictions for the team is somewhat high based on what I felt they have done in the offseason, accompanied with what we already had in place...if i don't see the seahawks as doing much of anything in the offseason, then i'll leave it at that...don't come on the teams forum and make it seem as if the guys who have high expectations of their team is crazy just because you maynot see where they have improved from a previous year...it's really not u at all because you made your points and dats fine...but ur fellow seahawk fan wants to be the standout guy that's talking out his butt and doing it on a 49er forum...it's not called for....but moving on from the bickering....i feel we have a team that can finish 10-6 but it wouldn't surprise me if none of the teams in the west wins 10 games...some ppl think the west isn't that good but they play each other well for the most part and that's all that counts....we aren't the NFC east but i still feel we are a competitive division in our own way

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 02:05 AM
I think it is fair to say this is the Seahawks division to lose though. Not trying to take anything away from any of the other teams, but in order for the Hawks not to win I see us needing to have a lot of injuries or something to that degree. I don't think any other team has improved enough to take it from us this year, we'll have to help give them it.

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 02:21 AM
I think what my fellow Niners fans are saying is that winning the West 4 Years straight really doesn't count for much these days. :laugh2:

Hmmmm... Interesting because last time I checked most teams who keep the same core and add around it over a period of time continue to improve. So going to the post-season and playing those extra games every year doesn't account for anything? Not experience? Not chemistry? Not confidence? Wow, going off that, I think your statement is a little on the bold side. From your point of view you're saying the Patriots going to the post-season the past few years doesn't account for anything and that the Dophins could easily take first in the AFC East?

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 02:44 AM
I think it is fair to say this is the Seahawks division to lose though. Not trying to take anything away from any of the other teams, but in order for the Hawks not to win I see us needing to have a lot of injuries or something to that degree. I don't think any other team has improved enough to take it from us this year, we'll have to help give them it.

well if that's the case...the injuries we had last year with alex, manny, oliver, gore, jennings, and others gave u guys the division....the injuries the rams had with jackson and others gave u guys the division..linehart's injury, and boldin's injury gave u guys the division....cool i get it...so the seahawks didn't actually go out win the division....it was given to them....what a way to win:D

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 02:51 AM
sooooooooo moving right along....another prediction i have for the season is that sopoaga will have a decent year...i always liked him because the guy always has his motor running....i think he's going to be at the RE spot in the 3-4 defense and i just think he is going to be solid at that position....i like his size and i think he will fill that spot left by douglas pretty good....any thoughts on him this upcoming season?

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Wow, okay... I'm done trying for a while. Not worth the time. Anyways, I just wish the 2008 season was here already. Should be awesome.

thedon
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Niners will go 9-7...you guys wait and see!!

mex49er
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I think this time of the season, all the training camp, preseason games and all this stuff... I for build hope around teams like US....

Yea, the niners have been awful for the last 5 years, but I get excited every game they play. So now I can assure you that is time have faith and hope in the niners... cuz you know what they´re gonna win the division...

If L. Allen plays one more season our O Line is gonna be good enough for a spread offense.

My concern is D Line, and Pass Rush....

Go Niners!!!!!!!2

mex49er
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
ok it was supposed to said is four build hope....

Baller1
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
so why not report it? if they are posting on your teams site and you don't like it, report it.....don't come on the 49ers forum making statements for all of their fans to see just because a few our their fans did it to you...that what the report link is for...hope you guys have a good season and we'll see how it all plays out...adios

It's a public forum, I'm not going to feel disrespected if a rival fan comes into our forum. Frankly, I like it. It causes competitiveness and anxiety for the season.

Baller1
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
well if that's the case...the injuries we had last year with alex, manny, oliver, gore, jennings, and others gave u guys the division....the injuries the rams had with jackson and others gave u guys the division..linehart's injury, and boldin's injury gave u guys the division....cool i get it...so the seahawks didn't actually go out win the division....it was given to them....what a way to win:D

Hmmm, do you remember the 2006 season? Injuries to Hasslebeck, Alexander, Deion Branch, Marcus Tubbs. First year without Hutchinson. Just an OK defense at the time. Do you remember how that season ended? I do...

Baller1
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
i will quote u on that one and i will hold u 2 it. u can qoute me on saying that if ur hawks dont win the division, or has a top 5 defense, i will be glad to bring it up after the season is over. a guarantee is a guarantee and u guaranteed ur hawks get both. maybe the division but a top 5 defense i dont think so.

Please do... and notice I said top 5 in the NFC, which will actually be quite easy.

And I'd be happy to quote you. In fact I'll do that right now. Unfortunately you probably won't be posting on the site after the season...

jbeezy
07-25-2008, 02:14 PM
It's a football forum, and we are having a football related conversation. I don't see the problem. And considering there are San Fran fans in our forums, then I'm pretty sure I feel ok being in here.

Its a 49ers FORUM. I have no control over what happens in the Seahawk forum nor do I care. Your moderators over there should be able to handle that. Please stay on topic or you will recieve an infraction or ban.

valade16
07-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm... Interesting because last time I checked most teams who keep the same core and add around it over a period of time continue to improve. So going to the post-season and playing those extra games every year doesn't account for anything? Not experience? Not chemistry? Not confidence? Wow, going off that, I think your statement is a little on the bold side. From your point of view you're saying the Patriots going to the post-season the past few years doesn't account for anything and that the Dophins could easily take first in the AFC East?

Keep the same Core? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't your best 2 players from your Super Bowl year gone (Alexander, Hutchinson)? The right side of your O-Line isn't all that good and Julius Jones isn't a good HB. Maurice Morris is a better HB than him. Also Branch is injury prone and Burleson has yet to show he can be a starting WR. Who else you gonna throw to besides Engram?

And to the dude who said only Kerney is over 30 on the D, he must have missed Peterson (30 as of July 28 2008) and Brian Russell (30 as of Feb 5 2008). Also don't act like they are all 24 or something because Deon Grant is 29 and Rocky Bernard is 29, which makes 5 on the defense past, at, or on the doorstep of 30...

The seahawks have been getting progressively worse, luckily for them they play in the worst division in football. Am I for sure saying the Niners are going to win the West next year? No. I'm saying the niners will be vastly improved but the easy front runner for the division is the seahawks but the talent disparity isn't close to what it was 2 or 3 years ago...

D-PHINSfan4life
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
49er fans- There are very few fans that know your team well. The Seahawks play you 2 times a year so they know how your team has worked out the past few years. As long as they do not disrespect your opinions they should be welcome no matter who they are. If they do disrespect you then your welcome to hit the report button and the mods will be there in a hurry.

Seahawks fans- Your more the welcome to post here IF you respect your fellow posters. Any team and be excited and think they will do well and maybe win the division. Is that disrespecting your team? I understand you have the history debate but that doesn't mean it will never change. I doubt in 2040 the pats will win the division every year and the dolphins are always barely scratching to get a win.

Respect your fellow NFC West fans and enjoy the season.

Baller1
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Its a 49ers FORUM. I have no control over what happens in the Seahawk forum nor do I care. Your moderators over there should be able to handle that. Please stay on topic or you will recieve an infraction or ban.

There's no off-topic conversation going on, I really don't understand your arguement.

jbeezy
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Stop talking about the Seahawks in here. This is 49ers predictions.

Baller1
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Stop talking about the Seahawks in here. This is 49ers predictions.

It's the NFC West, its Football, its the NFL. No problems...

9erlakesdodgers
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
i mean its ok for seahawk fans to talk but it will always lead to arguements, ridicules and no point will be taken positively. Also having sigs of Julian Peterson doesnt help ha. So probably better just for fans to talk and let the gameplay of our teams do the rest, then we could pay a visit in each others forums. I dunno, at least no one is being immature and saying stupid stuff that is either old or irrelevant. I mean we all talk to Jason17 and he is a twat.

9erlakesdodgers
07-25-2008, 06:50 PM
and yes i think spoaga and i really think gore will have a monster year. I think we should aim for Gore and Vernon to be pro bowlers, on d, nate, manny and of course Patrick. I wonder if they push pro bowl kind of mentality or if thats just a reward at the end?

MaZin420
07-25-2008, 06:51 PM
As much as i hate to say it the seagirls fans are right. They have the right to post here. Hell sometimes i go to the seacocks forums & talk **** which has been rare due to the fact we haven't done much for the 2 years ive been on PSD.

But i get why some 9er fans are mad this is a prediction thread and all the seattle fans keep talking about is their team or how the 9ers haven't done **** recently.This is a nfl prediction thread for the entire leauge not just the west. So If you see a thread why were better then the hawks or were the team to beat in the nfc west or something that actually something to do with you seagirls then your welcome to come argue with us =)

Baller1
07-26-2008, 12:59 AM
As much as i hate to say it the seagirls fans are right. They have the right to post here. Hell sometimes i go to the seacocks forums & talk **** which has been rare due to the fact we haven't done much for the 2 years ive been on PSD.

But i get why some 9er fans are mad this is a prediction thread and all the seattle fans keep talking about is their team or how the 9ers haven't done **** recently.This is a nfl prediction thread for the entire leauge not just the west. So If you see a thread why were better then the hawks or were the team to beat in the nfc west or something that actually something to do with you seagirls then your welcome to come argue with us =)

I don't want to wait that long. :p

Shawh
07-26-2008, 02:12 AM
To bring this thread back on track:

Give me flack for being a Dodgers and Lakers fan... but my dad raised me as a die hard 49ers fan :p. Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised with a 7-9 or 8-8 record. No doubt, I'll be rooting for that playoff spot though!

MaZin420
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't want to wait that long. :p

That's it!! im trolling the seagirls forums from here on out or till we make the playoffs DEAL WITH IT.

So

Get ready for 10 reasons why winning the nfc west the past 5 years= poop

&

Top 10 ways to properly worship the god of all gods Patrick Willis

Baller1
07-26-2008, 01:36 PM
That's it!! im trolling the seagirls forums from here on out or till we make the playoffs DEAL WITH IT.

So

Get ready for 10 reasons why winning the nfc west the past 5 years= poop
&

Top 10 ways to properly worship the god of all gods Patrick Willis

1. False.

2. Definitely up there with the LB gods if he continues what he did last season. haha

wonkman22
07-26-2008, 06:31 PM
whenever seattle has enough superbowl rings for each finger on a hand two of the greates QBs that ever played the game and a headcoach that can coach to the potential of bill walsh then you guys can come debate who the better team is. and i hate to break to you guys but i seriously doubt that the hawks will take the west this season. mock my words NINERS ARE 2008 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS

Baller1
07-26-2008, 07:41 PM
whenever seattle has enough superbowl rings for each finger on a hand two of the greates QBs that ever played the game and a headcoach that can coach to the potential of bill walsh then you guys can come debate who the better team is. and i hate to break to you guys but i seriously doubt that the hawks will take the west this season. mock my words NINERS ARE 2008 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS

If you insist...

By the way, it's mark, not mock. hahaha

MaZin420
07-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Well as long as you agree on Patrick Willis being a godly freak freak of nature we have no problems :smoking:

showtym24
07-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Niners win the west 10-6 alex is most improved player and we do what the giants did last year.

heatfan21
07-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Niners will make the playoffs on the last game of the year but will lose wild card weekend.

Baller1
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Well as long as you agree on Patrick Willis being a godly freak freak of nature we have no problems :smoking:

haha alright... I don't know about "no" problems though. :smoking:

MaZin420
07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
haha alright... I don't know about "no" problems though. :smoking:

:cry:

Boozerguy47
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow, I don't even remember what my post was.

Baller1
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
:cry:

Just messin' man, just messin'. haha

ninerfan609
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
here we go again this year...baller and boozer. :cool:

Boozerguy47
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
here we go again this year...baller and boozer. :cool:

Haha yup :p Long time no see. This 2008 season needs to start already. :mad:

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
i say we go 10-6 win the west but the pats take the superbowl

FWBrodie
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
6-10

Improvement on the O-line helps Frank Gore come closer to his earlier form and the 49ers steal a game or two.

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
lol you posted so the fans can see your sig...and only did it because of my sig and my post i left on your forum, lol lame....we dn't care what your sig says...we are 49ers fans, so we are aware already of our offense stinking up the joint last year, duhhhh....that went out the window when hostler was canned and martz moved in the building...deep inside you know that the offense will be much improved from last year:D

FWBrodie
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
lol you posted so the fans can see your sig...and only did it because of my sig and my post i left on your forum, lol lame....we dn't care what your sig says...we are 49ers fans, so we are aware already of our offense stinking up the joint last year, duhhhh....that went out the window when hostler was canned and martz moved in the building...deep inside you know that the offense will be much improved from last year:D

That's not saying much. Good luck with that though.

bigmac8675
07-31-2008, 04:47 AM
I say the niners go 9-7 by squeaking out a few.... but they could easily drop to 7-9. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say the Jags take the SB over the Packers under Aaron Rodgers... wouldn't that be something.:confused:

Newport05
07-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Holy **** @ how old the seachokes are. Yea 1 more year and we won't here from that awful franchise for the next decade. Julius jones ? are you serious that's your STARTER! haha

Yendil
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
And welcome magic12ball, your a fan of?????? Another Seahawk fan maybe who has not much to say but make himself laugh. I went to their forum and said valid things and one guys response, YEA IF UR SMOKING CRACK. like sweet man, real sweet. Niners I love you. 2008 here we come.

Thats because you are on crack if you think you can win the division this year. Alex Smith is garbage, your management doesn't know how to build a team around its best weapon on offense and thats Frank Gore, instead they want to build around a QB (look at Detroit with barry they did the same thing and Frank Gore is no Barry so that makes it even worse). You have no Receivers worth a damn, Bruce is washed up and injury prone, your line is skeptical, Allen is 36 years old. Your defense is mediocre, Clemens is over paid, Willis has inflated stats due to a weak defense and he can't do everything himself the man needs some help. Walt Harris is old and has had 1 good year in his career. So please tell me how in the world are you not on crack to think your team has a shot? If your management was smart they would build an offense around Gore and a defense around Willis. You have alot of improvement to do to be a contender and it starts with an offensive line around Gore and then a new QB and a defensive line and safeties. Heck you guys only have Gore and Willis, you need alot more than that to be a contender. Which is why I also said St. Louis and Arizona will win it before you do, and it actually surprises me Arizona hasn't won it yet.

MaZin420
08-01-2008, 12:23 AM
The 9ers recievers are better then the seahawks without question IMO.. Burleson is a career bum who can only return kicks but a **** reciever kinda reminds me of peter warrick. Engram is ollllllllddd as ****( Bruce is better) & where is branch on the permanent IR? Your recievers are easily bottom 10 in the leauge. If you didn't have that gay bald moby lookalike qb(whos pretty good) your offense would be just as bad as the 9ers were cause unlike seagirls at least we have a nfl quality RB.

o and i could name pretty much 90% of your seagirl team but you could put a gun to my head & i couldn't recognize one TE on your roster. Your extrmely lucky you guys have that defense.

Boozerguy47
08-01-2008, 12:30 AM
^ Want to know the catch? We have a QB that can actually get the ball to them. Engram is our only old receiver. I can't even name one of your receivers besides Bruce and Davis (but he is tight end). Sorry, but I'll take my Seahawks. Don't worry, I don't expect any of you to agree, so don't bother posting why I am supposedly wrong.

Also, Gore is probably the only player on your entire offense that would start on another team. Just stop trying. As Brodie wrote - The Seahawks scored 102 more points than their opponents last year, the 49ers scored 145 less than theirs. Think about it.

downsos
08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
NFC EAST: Cowboys
NFC North: Vikings
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seahawks
WC1: Redskins
WC2: Giants

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Browns
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers
WC1: Jaguars
WC2: Steelers

Super Bowl: Cowboys beat the Chargers 17-13 MVP Romo

downsos
08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I really hope I am wrong!

bigmac8675
08-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Oh no not Romo.... for everyones sake I hope your wrong as well.

downsos
08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
lol yeah I just threw out Romo cuz it seems like thay have only been picking QB's despite their numbers.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 03:02 AM
^ Want to know the catch? We have a QB that can actually get the ball to them. Engram is our only old receiver. I can't even name one of your receivers besides Bruce and Davis (but he is tight end). Sorry, but I'll take my Seahawks. Don't worry, I don't expect any of you to agree, so don't bother posting why I am supposedly wrong.

Also, Gore is probably the only player on your entire offense that would start on another team. Just stop trying. As Brodie wrote - The Seahawks scored 102 more points than their opponents last year, the 49ers scored 145 less than theirs. Think about it.

Bruce was a starter, V. Davis could start on a number of teams( alex smith just hasnt helped him), Joe Staley could start on any team needing a legit tackle, jonas jennings could start on other teams but he has injury problems.

which brings me to this. ill let u all, niners and seahawk fans argue. it brings great conversation, etc. but just wait until the season starts to legitimately talk legit "crap". No past, future stuff. when the season starts then we can talk bout whats goin on then. so many teams took steps backwards last year because of INJURIES! barring injuries from significant players,IMO any of the 4 NFC West teams have a legit chance to win the division.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 03:17 AM
and ur right too tho. u have a qb that can get the ball to his receivers. he is 32 so hes a proven veteran and knows what hes doing. alex smith has the athletic tools and traits, but is in his developmental stage of his smarts. c'mon.. 4 diff. offen. coordinators in 4 years? on such a young qb? cut him some slack. his o line was below average last year 2.

if your a real fan of the nfl u can at least name 2-3 receivers on other teams. its not that hard. lol.i know u guys got deon branch, engram, hackett. u were probably being sarcastic but im sure u knew of arnaz battle or even bryant johnson.

MaZin420
08-01-2008, 09:46 AM

Also, Gore is probably the only player on your entire offense that wouldd start on another team. Just stop trying. As Brodie wrote - The Seahawks scored 102 more points than their opponents last year, the 49ers scored 145 less than theirs. Think about it.

I agree with that but I never said he was a bad qb i said he was pretty good but looks gay & is old. But he would do better with our recievers BJ,Bruce and Battle plus vernon davis is better then any group of 3rd string recievers or 35 year old system recievers(engram) could throw out their.

OMG you had a better point ratio then a bottom 5 team who had no qb the entire year with 1 of the worst OC's in the history of the nfl so yea congrats buddy. Gj Seagirls I'm sure that statement will earn you respect by the rest of the leauge :clap:

DownSouth49er
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Bruce was a starter, V. Davis could start on a number of teams( alex smith just hasnt helped him), Joe Staley could start on any team needing a legit tackle, jonas jennings could start on other teams but he has injury problems.

which brings me to this. ill let u all, niners and seahawk fans argue. it brings great conversation, etc. but just wait until the season starts to legitimately talk legit "crap". No past, future stuff. when the season starts then we can talk bout whats goin on then. so many teams took steps backwards last year because of INJURIES! barring injuries from significant players,IMO any of the 4 NFC West teams have a legit chance to win the division.

vernon has to be a better route runner also

Boozerguy47
08-01-2008, 06:29 PM
and ur right too tho. u have a qb that can get the ball to his receivers. he is 32 so hes a proven veteran and knows what hes doing. alex smith has the athletic tools and traits, but is in his developmental stage of his smarts. c'mon.. 4 diff. offen. coordinators in 4 years? on such a young qb? cut him some slack. his o line was below average last year 2.

if your a real fan of the nfl u can at least name 2-3 receivers on other teams. its not that hard. lol.i know u guys got deon branch, engram, hackett. u were probably being sarcastic but im sure u knew of arnaz battle or even bryant johnson.

Ummm... You spelt Branch's first name wrong, Engram you got correct, Hackett is not on the Seahawks. Nice try lol :p

Don't forget Matt had a career year last year at his extremely old age. I do agree that all of the coaching changes within the 9ers' organization has hurt Smith.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Ummm... You spelt Branch's first name wrong, Engram you got correct, Hackett is not on the Seahawks. Nice try lol :p

Don't forget Matt had a career year last year at his extremely old age. I do agree that all of the coaching changes within the 9ers' organization has hurt Smith.

*deion. well, wasnt hackett on the hawks last year? nd i at least got 2.lol

jbeezy
08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Very good points but lets get the insults to a minnimum. The Seahawks are a good team but you cant say the 49ers are horrible. We had a bad year as you guys did in 2006.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 07:00 PM
i cant wait till manny lawson gets baq in his 1st game since his injury last year. hes my fav linebacker behind willis in the whole nfl. why? we will see this year.manny will have a breakout year/great coming out party his year if he stays healthy.

DownSouth49er
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
i cant wait till manny lawson gets baq in his 1st game since his injury last year. hes my fav linebacker behind willis in the whole nfl. why? we will see this year.manny will have a breakout year/great coming out party his year if he stays healthy.

couldn't agree more

FWBrodie
08-02-2008, 11:42 AM

DJ Hackett is a Panther.

That's true about Alex Smith. I don't understand why the 49ers would do that to him or the entire offense for that matter. Doesn't make any sense. They have effectively killed Alex Smith's chances to succeed.

FWBrodie
08-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Very good points but lets get the insults to a minnimum. The Seahawks are a good team but you cant say the 49ers are horrible. We had a bad year as you guys did in 2006.

The 49ers are horrible. If you can't use that word to describe the worst offense in the NFL, when can you use it?

lincecum=future
08-02-2008, 04:14 PM
The 49ers are horrible. If you can't use that word to describe the worst offense in the NFL, when can you use it?

Get out of here with that ****. Its a whole new season.

FWBrodie
08-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Get out of here with that ****. Its a whole new season.

Explain to me how it would be any different. It's the same players minus Larry Allen and plus Isaac Bruce.

DownSouth49er
08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Explain to me how it would be any different. It's the same players minus Larry Allen and plus Isaac Bruce.

and it's the same players from the year before when the offense wasn't last in the league, minus larry allen and antonio, and norv turner....and martz is just as good of a OC as Norv, so what the **** is your point...you sound like an idiot, go **** yourself

Magic12ball
08-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Denial much? How about you learn manners? Honestly, we are having a nice, factual debate. If you don't wanna contribute just go away.

Man I wonder how many offseasons you talked smack and got shot down in the season to get this bitter lol. Seriously man, don't be hating!

DownSouth49er
08-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Denial much? How about you learn manners? Honestly, we are having a nice, factual debate. If you don't wanna contribute just go away.

Man I wonder how many offseasons you talked smack and got shot down in the season to get this bitter lol. Seriously man, don't be hating!

why is it that you seahawks fans always talk about FACTS like where our offense finished last year, or how many divsion titles you've won? but when us 9ers fans talk about FACTS like our 5 SUPERBOWLS, you guys tell us to get over the past....it's like the past is fine for you guys as long as you are talking about your divsion wins or our offense sucking, but the minute someone throws out what really counts in the NFL, SUPERBOWLS, you wanna dismiss it, lol.....until you win a superbowl, your division titles mean nothing, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....win the big one and then you will be worthy enough to post on our forum and be respected...as a matter of fact win 5 or 6, until then, none of you seahawks fans will get any respect from me....SO SCREWWW YOU AND YOUR TEAM:moon:

Lincoln Logs
08-03-2008, 01:34 AM

Plus a qb with a healed shoulder(thank you seacocks), and without ****** Trent Dilfer as a backup, plus Bryant Johnson, minus ****ING Jim Hostler, the worst OC in niner history, and plus proven OC in Mike Martz.

There's some nice pieces on the Niners offense for a good OC to use in Gore, Davis, Johnson, Battle, and hopefully a qb(smith) who can return to his 2nd season form under another proven coordinator. Hostler is perhaps the worst OC in the history of football, and when you combine that with the now retired Trent Dilfer as your starting quarterback for most of the season, and a plethora of injuries to the O line, its not really a mystery as too why the niners offense was so pathetic last season.

With Martz running the show, there's no doubt in my mind that the niners will improve over last years 240 offense yards a game average.
I'm not saying that they'll jump to be top 10, but should be vastly improved over last year with a coordinator who won't always be in a position way over his head. I don't think being top 20, or even 15, would be unreasonable, especially if Smith can really thrive in this system like he did towards the end of his 2nd season under Turner.

Combine that with a Niners defense that was much better than the stats show last season due to being on the field so long because of a crappy offense, a defense that has also improved, and I don't see many reasons why they can't give the seahawks a run for their money. Depends mostly on if we can get a hang of Martz system, and especially on Smith(who btw is my choice for starting qb.)

FWBrodie
08-03-2008, 01:51 AM
why is it that you seahawks fans always talk about FACTS like where our offense finished last year, or how many divsion titles you've won? but when us 9ers fans talk about FACTS like our 5 SUPERBOWLS, you guys tell us to get over the past....it's like the past is fine for you guys as long as you are talking about your divsion wins or our offense sucking, but the minute someone throws out what really counts in the NFL, SUPERBOWLS, you wanna dismiss it, lol.....until you win a superbowl, your division titles mean nothing, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....win the big one and then you will be worthy enough to post on our forum and be respected...as a matter of fact win 5 or 6, until then, none of you seahawks fans will get any respect from me....SO SCREWWW YOU AND YOUR TEAM:moon:

Wow, your insecurity shines through quite brightly.

Congratulations on your team's success in the 80's. I enjoyed watching the Montana, Taylor, Young, Rice teams. I'm not sure why we're talking about them in a thread dedicated to the present though.

ninerfan609
08-03-2008, 02:27 AM
i actually like when seahawk fans come in here, i love a good debate. what i dont like is the way browdie says that were horrible. and that we havent added any one on offense. our qb is back, we picked up not only isaac bruce, but bryant johnson, got rid of whack d-jack and our OC, upgraded our OL and DL through the draft, and got manny lawson back. our defense should be killer this year, if our offense stays on the field a little longer. and oh, i think thats very possible with martz as our OC. watch out seahawks, were coming to get you....

ninerfan609
08-03-2008, 02:33 AM
and for the record, im probably the biggest ninerfan in the east coast, but i get it when browdie says to stop bringing up the 5 superbowls. seriously, that was so long ago, and im not ashamed to say that the seahawks have been a better team lately(thats his point) but we all know we were better until we got into cap hell after garcia and T.O era. we have a nice, solid, YOUNG team for us, screw what they think, lets bring facts to the table and tell them like it is.

MaZin420
08-03-2008, 02:51 AM

What do you use to describe winning a division 5 years in a row only to inevitably lose in the playoffs?

no heart? Chokers?

Or better yet what do you use to describe a TM who blatantly comes into a 5-12 team's forum just to start **** and rag on how bad a rebuilding team has been?

Pathetic? Extremely bored? Scared of the 9ers future?

Or what do use to describe a offense that starts six 30 year olds. More then any other team in the nfl.

Old as hell? On the decline? troubled future?

DownSouth49er
08-03-2008, 03:16 AM
and for the record, im probably the biggest ninerfan in the east coast, but i get it when browdie says to stop bringing up the 5 superbowls. seriously, that was so long ago, and im not ashamed to say that the seahawks have been a better team lately(thats his point) but we all know we were better until we got into cap hell after garcia and T.O era. we have a nice, solid, YOUNG team for us, screw what they think, lets bring facts to the table and tell them like it is.

the thing that i don't understand is what is the difference in talking about 5 superbowls, 4 from the 80's and 1 from the 90's....and talking about 4 or 5 straight NFC West titles.....it's all the PAST....regardless of how recent it is, it's the PAST....if you want to move on from the PAST then don't talk about division titles from last year or previous years because it means nothing towards the upcoming season.....and you are not the biggest niner fan on the east coast, lol, trust me...im on the east coast myself but we are both niner fans so forget that.....but don't be fooled by the seahawks fans man....if something has already happened it is the PAST, no matter how recent....the seahawks division wins are the PAST and they are using it happening in this decade as an excuse for their short comings of winning the superbowl, when the niners have won superbowls.....i will throw our superbowl wins in their face every chance i get because we have SB's and they don't, plain and simple....im damn proud of it and i know most of the guys on the board are damn proud of it also....if your team has NO superbowls, then you need to sit back and shut da hell up...no matter if it's 10, 20, 30 years ago...if your team has superbowl titles, be proud of it...and i'm damn proud of my niners....da hell wit da seahawks and their DIVISION titles....win it all or shut da hell up

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 03:41 AM
^ You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever heard of chemistry? What about experience? What about consistency? How lost are you to say the “past few years” don’t matter going into the 2008 season. Sure records and stats don’t carry over. But we have the same team. Same coach. Same management. That accounts for nothing? Wow, stop talking already. Just think a little bit before you post. You make ZERO sense. I’m finally starting to think you need help.

I'll say it again, good job on the Super Bowls from 13 years ago or whatever. However, we all know it doesn't mean crap going into this year. Now if those Super Bowls is what floats your boat then I'm happy for you. But it's pathetic how many times I read that. I'm not trying to take anything away from your Championships, but it is ridiculous how you guys argue your team is better because you won over a decade ago. Let me know when you bring back Montana and Rice, then that statement might matter. Again, seriously nice work on the Championships. Of course I wish my Hawks had as many as you guys, but it doesn't matter going into this year and you know it.

bornFrisco49er
08-03-2008, 03:43 AM
the thing that i don't understand is what is the difference in talking about 5 superbowls, 4 from the 80's and 1 from the 90's....and talking about 4 or 5 straight NFC West titles.....it's all the PAST....regardless of how recent it is, it's the PAST....if you want to move on from the PAST then don't talk about division titles from last year or previous years because it means nothing towards the upcoming season.....and you are not the biggest niner fan on the east coast, lol, trust me...im on the east coast myself but we are both niner fans so forget that.....but don't be fooled by the seahawks fans man....if something has already happened it is the PAST, no matter how recent....the seahawks division wins are the PAST and they are using it happening in this decade as an excuse for their short comings of winning the superbowl, when the niners have won superbowls.....i will throw our superbowl wins in their face every chance i get because we have SB's and they don't, plain and simple....im damn proud of it and i know most of the guys on the board are damn proud of it also....if your team has NO superbowls, then you need to sit back and shut da hell up...no matter if it's 10, 20, 30 years ago...if your team has superbowl titles, be proud of it...and i'm damn proud of my niners....da hell wit da seahawks and their DIVISION titles....win it all or shut da hell up

AGREE~!.! i mean if the division titles are worth/valid for bragging for so many years..i guess our super bowls are worth bragging 4 a lifetime? lol.

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 03:48 AM
What do you use to describe winning a division 5 years in a row only to inevitably lose in the playoffs?

no heart? Chokers?

Or better yet what do you use to describe a TM who blatantly comes into a 5-12 team's forum just to start **** and rag on how bad a rebuilding team has been?

Pathetic? Extremely bored? Scared of the 9ers future?

Or what do use to describe a offense that starts six 30 year olds. More then any other team in the nfl.

Old as hell? On the decline? troubled future?

Since you’re so confident why do you post telling us? Just keep it in and talk smack if it comes true. With your views we should suck this year, we know. Once you take the division from us I’ll buy that statement.

bornFrisco49er
08-03-2008, 03:49 AM
I'll say it again, good job on the Super Bowls from 13 years ago or whatever. However, we all know it doesn't mean crap going into this year. Now if those Super Bowls is what floats your boat then I'm happy for you. But it's pathetic how many times I read that. I'm not trying to take anything away from your Championships, but it is ridiculous how you guys argue your team is better because you won over a decade ago. Let me know when you bring back Montana and Rice, then that statement might matter.

We're (at least not me) not arguing my team is better by using past accomplishments. what he;s sayin is if u dnt wanna hear bout the Sb's dnt bring up the Div Titles. Past is Past. 13 yrs, or the last 5 yrs. We will see whos better this year by season's end. but right now everyone has their own opinion about who's better. but im not validating my team is better because of the SB's. If i was id bring up the end of the games we'll play this year. but i cant say anything right now because every team in the NFL is trying to get better in Training camp. we wont know these answers till the season starts and ends. then we can talk whos better. but right now its just good ol debates about the past.

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 03:50 AM
AGREE~!.! i mean if the division titles are worth/valid for bragging for so many years..i guess our super bowls are worth bragging 4 a lifetime? lol.

:faint: Once again it happens :sigh:

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 03:59 AM
We're (at least not me) not arguing my team is better by using past accomplishments. what he;s sayin is if u dnt wanna hear bout the Sb's dnt bring up the Div Titles. Past is Past. 13 yrs, or the last 5 yrs. We will see whos better this year by season's end. but right now everyone has their own opinion about who's better. but im not validating my team is better because of the SB's. If i was id bring up the end of the games we'll play this year. but i cant say anything right now because every team in the NFL is trying to get better in Training camp. we wont know these answers till the season starts and ends. then we can talk whos better. but right now its just good ol debates about the past.

How ignorant are you to hide from the truth? Stop living in denial. I've tried to keep my posts in a respectful tone, but this is crazy. How can winning any division the past few years account for NOTHING going into the 2008 season? As I've said 20 times, during those years of winning the division a team gains confidence, chemistry, experience, strength and ability. You seriously think the Hawks have not benefited at all over the past few years of going to the post-season?

ninerfan609
08-03-2008, 08:33 AM

first of all, if you were to ever come over my house, you would see that i am by far the biggest ninerfan on the east coast. lol

im on your side, but what makes us look stupid when we bring up five superbowls every time they bring up division championships, is that that streak they have going is current. if we were to judge who was the best team out of both of them ever, even seahawks fans would say the 49ers. what they argue is valid, doesnt give them the right to be a holes, but they tell us and brag that they've been the better team the past few years. that i can live with, because we will take the division crown from them this year.

DownSouth49er
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
How ignorant are you to hide from the truth? Stop living in denial. I've tried to keep my posts in a respectful tone, but this is crazy. How can winning any division the past few years account for NOTHING going into the 2008 season? As I've said 20 times, during those years of winning the division a team gains confidence, chemistry, experience, strength and ability. You seriously think the Hawks have not benefited at all over the past few years of going to the post-season?

and a team also gets older, slower, and less productive....which is what your team has begun doing....and that's the facts leading into this season and that will COUNT going into this season...so you are right afterall

DownSouth49er
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM
first of all, if you were to ever come over my house, you would see that i am by far the biggest ninerfan on the east coast. lol

im on your side, but what makes us look stupid when we bring up five superbowls every time they bring up division championships, is that that streak they have going is current. if we were to judge who was the best team out of both of them ever, even seahawks fans would say the 49ers. what they argue is valid, doesnt give them the right to be a holes, but they tell us and brag that they've been the better team the past few years. that i can live with, because we will take the division crown from them this year.

ahhhh man you suck, i bet you have some nice stuff....i just purchased a helmet online, waitin on it to come...i have a ring already and a 3x5 flag hung on my wall

FWBrodie
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM

The past five years are relevent to this year. A lot of the same players have been a part of all four division titles in Seattle. Same quarterback, same coach, same LT. They know how to win the NFC West. The 49ers however have zero connection to their success in the 80's.

FWBrodie
08-03-2008, 01:07 PM
and a team also gets older, slower, and less productive....which is what your team has begun doing....and that's the facts leading into this season and that will COUNT going into this season...so you are right afterall

Show me evidence of this. There is none. Matt Hasselbeck just had the best season of his career. There's no reason to believe that he won't have a better season this year.

Magic12ball
08-03-2008, 02:49 PM
The only evidence of age wearing down a good player on the Hawks is Walter Jones. Supposedly he played at about 65% last season. However, he also needed shoulder surgery, and he played next to Rob Sims. This year, his shoulder has healed up, he has pointers from Solari, and he is playing next to Wahle (Its not Whale for god sakes people...).

Hasselbeck is getting old? Well he just came off of his best season, as Brodie said. Who else is too old to play? Engram? Once again, career best season. Gray? We finally put him and his man-boobs on second string.

And if you think our Defense is slow, you have to be on some strong stuff. We have one of the quickest and lightest (not necessarily a good thing) defenses in the NFL.

Jepetto1872
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM

That is funny. Our, "Old" players are way better than ANY player on your team not named Frank Gore. Also, if you had a division title in the last 5 years, it would carry over to this year because there would still be players on the team from that year. I REALLY love your sig too.

Bobby Engram 35...Best season last year
Chris Gray 38...Bench
Patrick Kerney 31...Monster last season
Matt Hasselbeck 32...Best season last year
Chris Cooper 30...Who?
Bryan Gilmore 30...Who?
Walter Jones 34...Should be healthy this year and playing next to Wahle will help
Omare Lowe 30...Who?
Olindo Mare 35...Kickers can be old and effective...We have Coutu too.
Julian Peterson 30..Pro bowler and he will keep ripping you up every year
Brian Russell 30...he sucks. Finally one i can agree with
Mike Wahle 31...31 isnt that old...and he has a reason to play again.

ninerfan609
08-03-2008, 03:37 PM
That is funny. Our, "Old" players are way better than ANY player on your team not named Frank Gore. Also, if you had a division title in the last 5 years, it would carry over to this year because there would still be players on the team from that year. I REALLY love your sig too.

Bobby Engram 35...Best season last year
Chris Gray 38...Bench
Patrick Kerney 31...Monster last season
Matt Hasselbeck 32...Best season last year
Chris Cooper 30...Who?
Bryan Gilmore 30...Who?
Walter Jones 34...Should be healthy this year and playing next to Wahle will help
Omare Lowe 30...Who?
Olindo Mare 35...Kickers can be old and effective...We have Coutu too.
Julian Peterson 30..Pro bowler and he will keep ripping you up every year
Brian Russell 30...he sucks. Finally one i can agree with
Mike Wahle 31...31 isnt that old...and he has a reason to play again.

all these players that were good last season can be crap this year. didnt you guys have an nfl- mvp, pro bowl, record setting running back? and then he flopped the next year. the only one i can agree with besides the kicker(ours is better-he got more experience that year) is julian peterson. he is a monster, and i want to see vernon davis catch a touchdown over him again this year, as he did when we had a good OC.

9erlakesdodgers
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
the NINERS!

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
^ He flopped because he lost Steve Hutchison to run behind. I've never liked Shaun. He has always ran standing up and like a puss. Engram is a very reliable receiver. He isn't flashy, but he is solid and doesn't drop balls. Hasselbeck will be Hasselbeck as long as he is healthy.

Baller1
08-03-2008, 11:52 PM

:speechless:

Thank you. :worthy:

leftymo
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
It's tough to say you'll make the playoffs when you don't even know the starting quarterback.

A little bit of continuity is essential in having a playoff calibur team. And SF lacks that completely.

I think SF will have a repeat season. A combination of a bad coach, and awful QB's and overall lack of talent lead to a 5-6 win season.

At least the new coach will get a top pick.

Not sure about the rest of the league, but obviously there will be a surprise here or there plus the regular contenders (SD, Indy, NE, Dallas, NYG)...

My prediction remains. All three potentials will start at QB this year and JT O'Sullivan might actually be the best one of the three, according to recent camp reports he has been!

DownSouth49er
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
It's tough to say you'll make the playoffs when you don't even know the starting quarterback.

A little bit of continuity is essential in having a playoff calibur team. And SF lacks that completely.

I think SF will have a repeat season. A combination of a bad coach, and awful QB's and overall lack of talent lead to a 5-6 win season.

At least the new coach will get a top pick.

Not sure about the rest of the league, but obviously there will be a surprise here or there plus the regular contenders (SD, Indy, NE, Dallas, NYG)...

My prediction remains. All three potentials will start at QB this year and JT O'Sullivan might actually be the best one of the three, according to recent camp reports he has been!

pass that and let me get a hit:smoking:

chad311k9
08-05-2008, 03:17 AM
im only doing this because some ignorant 49ers fans are in my REIGNING DIVISION CHAMP, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FORUM, posting that hawks are only going to win 8 games, and 49ers will win 10 games. our defense will be top 3 this year due to the lack of turnover from last year, and they are also highly skilled at all positions. i admit the offense is a questionmark. that will be seattles wildcard, the offense will either be extremly good, or extremly bad, there's no in between for this unit. as far as the 49er/seahawk games go, here is my prediction. qoute if you like, take me up on a bet if you like.......

49ers will score less than 13 points against the seahawks this year, COMBINED in both regular season games. (my mistake, i really didn't need to specify regular season did I? 49ers ain't making the playoffs)

*just a side note....you guys have been "rebuilding" since 1999. don't you think by now you should be "rebuilt"? the average time it takes for a team to go from rebuilding status back to the playoffs is 5 years. FYI

DownSouth49er
08-05-2008, 04:13 AM
im only doing this because some ignorant 49ers fans are in my REIGNING DIVISION CHAMP, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FORUM, posting that hawks are only going to win 8 games, and 49ers will win 10 games. our defense will be top 3 this year due to the lack of turnover from last year, and they are also highly skilled at all positions. i admit the offense is a questionmark. that will be seattles wildcard, the offense will either be extremly good, or extremly bad, there's no in between for this unit. as far as the 49er/seahawk games go, here is my prediction. qoute if you like, take me up on a bet if you like.......

49ers will score less than 13 points against the seahawks this year, COMBINED in both regular season games. (my mistake, i really didn't need to specify regular season did I? 49ers ain't making the playoffs)

*just a side note....you guys have been "rebuilding" since 1999. don't you think by now you should be "rebuilt"? the average time it takes for a team to go from rebuilding status back to the playoffs is 5 years. FYI

Dude shut da **** up, u sound so stupid...da other seahawks fans posting makes sense but u just stupid. How could we have been rebuilding since '99 and we went to the NFC championship game in the '98 - '99 season..lost to the packers twice in 2000 and 2001 if I'm not mistaken and our last playoff game was against tampa bay in the divisional round of the '02-'03 season...how is that rebuilding since '99? Shut ur dumb*** up

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 05:30 AM
:faint: Once again it happens :sigh:

Boozer..its called sarcasm:rolleyes:..thus the lol. dont take that one too seriously..sorry if u took offense? but anyways. of course i think the hawks' presceding seasons have some to deal with the upcoming season. u guys have proven players and proven veterans especially that have been on the team in those div championships..u guys legitmately have anoverall better balanced team..we all know that. i HAVE NEVER said the niners were better than the seahawks in recent years. what i was getting at and have always said is that nothing last year will matter at the end of this year because its a whole new year. u have returning players yes, but a lot of players could drop off/vice versa get better. how will we know? not till the season is over/starts. playoff teams one year flop the next with the same players the preceding years. the hawks most definitely can repeat an NFC West title, but also dont rule out the possibility of having a sub par year. anything can happen as ive said in a hawk's forum. barring injuries and being consistent u guys can be successful.

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 05:36 AM
as for my team, ive said we could go 7-9, 8-8 or even 9-7. i dnt recall me saying 10 games. if u can find my post, repost it.

I know the camp threads say J.T. O' Sullivan is shining bright, but i knew it would happen because his good knowledge of Martz's system. Martz liked him in Detroit, and that's why he asked to bring him to SF. Do i care? no, because at this point i want the best QB for my niners' to win games, and win games now. May the better Qb win. Alex, Shaun, or J.T.? whoever, lets just get the job done this season.

MaZin420
08-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Hey rookie guess what we were in the playoffs in 2002 smart guy get your facts straight b4 you come in here with your childish unintelligent ill informed post. And no team had to deal with the salary cap hell we went through which is why we have been rebuilding since 03-04. I would quote you on that 13 point thing but im guessing you picked that # from your actual age. Learn some football then i might remove you from my ignore list when you grow up.

leftymo
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
pass that and let me get a hit:smoking:

for the slow, let me explain myself more clearly.

1. Continuity. Please tell me the offensive line starting lineup is the exact same as last year or for the past several years. Oh wait, we don't even know who the starting LG is. Staley's learning a new position, and Alex Smith has his 4th offensive coordinator in as many years, not to mention that you couldn't name the starting QB of your own team right now (its my team also). What about the WR's, the two projected to start, its their first time with the team!

2. They did very little to improve the team, the draft wasn't all that great, and the schedule is much tougher this year. I don't see more than 6 wins. Nolan is good at one thing. Losing by 20+ points. He's done it 10+ times in his brief coaching career.

3. Every monkey and their momma knows that Nolan's job is on the line, and possibly even mid-season, could be fired.

4. Take a look at the SF Chronicle or Mercury. JT O'Sullivan has been the best QB in camp. Why is this so far fetched? Look how many starting QB's we had last year. And the o-line is not much better. Smith won't play the entire year, Hill is injury prone-enough to miss a start at least, and that leaves Sullivan. Just be thankful Weinke won't play this time.

So, no drugs, just a nice dose of REALITY.

DownSouth49er
08-05-2008, 01:05 PM

1. Continuity. Please tell me the offensive line starting lineup is the exact same as last year or for the past several years. Oh wait, we don't even know who the starting LG is. Staley's learning a new position, and Alex Smith has his 4th offensive coordinator in as many years, not to mention that you couldn't name the starting QB of your own team right now (its my team also). What about the WR's, the two projected to start, its their first time with the team!

2. They did very little to improve the team, the draft wasn't all that great, and the schedule is much tougher this year. I don't see more than 6 wins. Nolan is good at one thing. Losing by 20+ points. He's done it 10+ times in his brief coaching career.

3. Every monkey and their momma knows that Nolan's job is on the line, and possibly even mid-season, could be fired.

4. Take a look at the SF Chronicle or Mercury. JT O'Sullivan has been the best QB in camp. Why is this so far fetched? Look how many starting QB's we had last year. And the o-line is not much better. Smith won't play the entire year, Hill is injury prone-enough to miss a start at least, and that leaves Sullivan. Just be thankful Weinke won't play this time.

So, no drugs, just a nice dose of REALITY.

man im never smoking wit' you again....you never pass

Newport05
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM

I bet we put up 14 or more in the first meeting. And we have been bad since Garcia and T.O left around 03 not 99 genius. But at least we were a championship caliber team for 20+ years. Your worthless franchise hasn't won a super bowl since you came into the leauge.

Newport05
08-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Yea cuz a WR's first year with a team never works. Randy moss sure proved that last when he was sooo awful in his first year with the team :rolleyes:
And how do you know our draft was bad when they haven't even played a single snap? I think i'll let them play it out b4 i class it as a bad draft rather then listen to some random teenager go on a rant cause nolan didn't draft who he wanted.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Yea cuz a WR's first year with a team never works. Randy moss sure proved that last when he was sooo awful in his first year with the team :rolleyes:
And how do you know our draft was bad when they haven't even played a single snap? I think i'll let them play it out b4 i class it as a bad draft rather then listen to some random teenager go on a rant cause nolan didn't draft who he wanted.

Don't ever compare Randy Moss to any of your receivers.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I bet we put up 14 or more in the first meeting. And we have been bad since Garcia and T.O left around 03 not 99 genius. But at least we were a championship caliber team for 20+ years. Your worthless franchise hasn't won a super bowl since you came into the leauge.

If it's in Seattle... you won't.

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
true the niners are still rebuilding, but with a new o c every year and new plays every year its hard to ajust...much love for the 49ers win or lose but we will win more than we lose this year and all my fellow fans know why...to respond to an earlyer comment that the past doesent matter and maybe to some it doesent but what team can say that they have won 5 superbowls and never lost one? i believe its better to be a has been then a never was...

lincecum=future
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Niners will win at least one game against the Seahawks.

And whoever said they will score less that 13 points in both games is :smoking:

DownSouth49er
08-05-2008, 04:05 PM

Don't ever compare Randy Moss to any of your receivers.

you're right, bruce is far better than moss will ever be....and all moss can do is run fly patterns:D

DownSouth49er
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
true the niners are still rebuilding, but with a new o c every year and new plays every year its hard to ajust...much love for the 49ers win or lose but we will win more than we lose this year and all my fellow fans know why...to respond to an earlyer comment that the past doesent matter and maybe to some it doesent but what team can say that they have won 5 superbowls and never lost one? i believe its better to be a has been then a never was...

:clap: and the seahawks never was...they even got kicked out of one conference because they sucked so much, lmao...by the way welcome to the forum

Baller1
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
you're right, bruce is far better than moss will ever be....and all moss can do is run fly patterns:D

Wow, you just lost the little respect I still had for you.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM

1 post. 1 stupid post. 1 more San Fran fan I can't stand. Great...

Baller1
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
:clap: and the seahawks never was...they even got kicked out of one conference because they sucked so much, lmao...by the way welcome to the forum

HAHA. :laugh:

Now you're going to the Cardinal forum to complain about us? Wow.

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
and baller, i like ur sig. and u do remember u needed to achieve both of those goals. NFC West champs and a top 5 defense. u said so yourself. and i will be glad to bring it up at season's end.quote me again. lol

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
baller dont be upset that the seahawlks trophy case is empty no worries it will be full one day... proubly... but not in our life time lol hey how did you know he went to arizonas fourm? you went there too? nice lol hey bornfrisco49er send baller a pic of what a full case of super bowl trophys looks like lol or visit sf49ers.com lol im sure theres a pic there... hate me i dont mind its cool just have a cup of coffie and listen to some pearl jam lol

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
to think a 49ers fan on on a 49ers fourm thats weird lol... and there will be many more to come...

Baller1
08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
and baller, i like ur sig. and u do remember u needed to achieve both of those goals. NFC West champs and a top 5 defense. u said so yourself. and i will be glad to bring it up at season's end.quote me again. lol

I know that. I said top 5 defense in the NFC though. Not that I think a top 5 in the NFL can't be done, but I said NFC. Just clearing it up. And I think quoting you once will be enough. haha

Baller1
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
baller dont be upset that the seahawlks trophy case is empty no worries it will be full one day... proubly... but not in our life time lol hey how did you know he went to arizonas fourm? you went there too? nice lol hey bornfrisco49er send baller a pic of what a full case of super bowl trophys looks like lol or visit sf49ers.com lol im sure theres a pic there... hate me i dont mind its cool just have a cup of coffie and listen to some pearl jam lol

I went into the Cardinals forum because I like to check out my division rivals' forums. That's why I come in here, that's why I go into the Rams forum. Is that a problem?

Hey bornfrisco, if you decide to grab a picture of a full trophy case, grab this guy a grammar book while you're at it for me.

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
my bad forum that better? dident mean to hurt ur feelings... our qb will be bald whens he's 50 too...

ninerfan609
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
I went into the Cardinals forum because I like to check out my division rivals' forums. That's why I come in here, that's why I go into the Rams forum. Is that a problem?

Hey bornfrisco, if you decide to grab a picture of a full trophy case, grab this guy a grammar book while you're at it for me.

haha. although funny, please only talk about our topic. 49ers> seahawks.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
haha. although funny, please only talk about our topic. 49ers> seahawks.

Fine, fine. haha

Baller1
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
my bad forum that better? dident mean to hurt ur feelings... our qb will be bald whens he's 50 too...

WTF?!

ninerfan609
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM

can anyone translate this?

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
anyway enough of that in all honesty wouldnt mind having the seahawks qb but thats about it...the truth is the 49ers and the seahawks are going in two directions the 49ers are a young team with alot of upside and the seahawks not so much i think if arizonas qb whom ever that may be gets his ***** together then i think that will be the 49ers biggest challenge im not saying that seattle wont be a challenge just in my opinion i think arizona is the team to beat...no disrespect to ur team just talkin smack cuz nobody can take away what the 49ers have done and will do

49ers r golden
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
can anyone translate this?

matt is bald and old...

lincecum=future
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I always make fun of Hasselback at games because he is bald :laugh2:

ninerfan609
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
matt is bald and old...

ok sorry, you confused me for a second.

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM

i dnt need to. im not trying to recirculate the super bowl and past 5 div champ stuff all over again. lol. im sure we all know both teams past accomplishments. and there isnt a problem with checking rival teams' forums. i do it as well as other fans do. what can i say? its fun. nothing wrong with some fun right guys?

Boozerguy47
08-06-2008, 03:53 AM
i dnt need to. im not trying to recirculate the super bowl and past 5 div champ stuff all over again. lol. im sure we all know both teams past accomplishments. and there isnt a problem with checking rival teams' forums. i do it as well as other fans do. what can i say? its fun. nothing wrong with some fun right guys?

True. I try to keep it simple and on topic. Sometimes I get frustrated with it though haha :sigh:

49ers r golden
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
frank gore is going to post 1200 plus yards no prob...baller my bad on the personal, drinkin coffie listining to pearl jam comment at least ur not a raiders fan lol

Baller1
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
True. I try to keep it simple and on topic. Sometimes I get frustrated with it though haha :sigh:

Same here.

Baller1
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
frank gore is going to post 1200 plus yards no prob...baller my bad on the personal, drinkin coffie listining to pearl jam comment at least ur not a raiders fan lol

Don't trip.

49ers r golden
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
jt was suppose to be the 3rd guy at qb, yet hes playing the first quarter tommorow at oakland which would be the first stringers job...he played with martz last year so do you guys think hes the go to guy now? to soon to say? or is there some favoritism goin on?

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 12:22 AM
less than 13 points in 2 games against Seahawks defense? take me up on my bet anyone?

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 12:27 AM
and you HAVE been rebuilding since 1999. you just got lucky in 2001 and 2002.
or we could put it this way. you've rebuilt in 99 and were unsuccessful(but had 2 good years) and began rebuilding again in 2003, with no success yet.

so 2 rebuilding stages within a decade? however we word it, the 49ers currently suck! and will not win the division or a be a .500 team any time soon. 3rd rebuilding effort?

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 12:58 AM
and for those of you falling back on your 49er history.....
you were great in the 80s(except '80 and '82)
you were great in the 90s(except '99)

but lets go down a road many 49er fans like to forget about....... 1946-1979!

let's look at their accomplishments for this 35 year period.........
league championships-0
conference championships-0
division championships-3('70, '71, '72) cowboys spoiled all of this success
playoff appearances-5('49, '57, '70, '71, '72)

5 playoff appearances in a 35 year period??? not such a storied franchise after all!

Magic12ball
08-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Being a Hawks fan, my prediction for the niners is 8-8. Gotta admit, last year was a slight fluke. All the same, you won't take our div title.

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 02:55 AM
i'm a hawks fan, and i admit, i am skeptical about our offense this year. but our defense is going to shut everyone down this year. no team this season will score more than 20 on us.(not even the patriots) let's be real, the hawks ain't losing at home this year(not even to the patriots). so thats 8 wins right there, and we are beating your 49ers, StL, Buf, Mia, TB, NYG on the road, so thats 14 wins right there. This is the year the old saying gets reinforced,

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
chad...u will not win 14 games this year..ill giv u guys 10-11 wins because u do have a good team. but in all honesty ur talkin straight out ur ***. ur defense will win u games. but even without injuries u guys wont win 14 games. understand that as your team got better in the offseason, the other 31 teams in the nfl did as well. we dnt no how good or better evry team got. going off last year ill give u 10-11. and 11 is one up i gave u guys last week.
u can win the division like ive said before.

the old saying has always stayed consistent through the years fyi. We all know this. Ny Giants? Baltimore Ravens? Pittsburgh Steelers? Tampa Bay Bucs? i could go on forever. all amazing defenses in their SB winning year.

LEARN WHEN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT KID.

Baller1
08-08-2008, 05:52 AM
chad...u will not win 14 games this year..ill giv u guys 10-11 wins because u do have a good team. but in all honesty ur talkin straight out ur ***. ur defense will win u games. but even without injuries u guys wont win 14 games. understand that as your team got better in the offseason, the other 31 teams in the nfl did as well. we dnt no how good or better evry team got. going off last year ill give u 10-11. and 11 is one up i gave u guys last week.

the old saying has always stayed consistent through the years fyi. We all know this. Ny Giants? Baltimore Ravens? Pittsburgh Steelers? Tampa Bay Bucs? i could go on forever. all amazing defenses in their SB winning year.

Thats the point he was trying to make... we have an amazing defense which is why we have a great chance to make a run.

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 06:52 AM
amazing>great. u guys have a great defense..we will see if its amazing this year..

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 06:52 AM
but u could make a run

ninerfan609
08-08-2008, 08:30 AM
anyone can make a run any year. We get manny back, plus a better offense should help the defense alot. I forget who said to watch out for our defense this year...someone on nfl network, i think it was Pat kirwan.

Baller1
08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
amazing>great. u guys have a great defense..we will see if its amazing this year..

That's fine. You're right... that was my confidence speaking. Even though I honestly do believe it is amazing, we shall see.

Otis4949
08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Colts will win the SB

AFC

East- Pats
north- Browns
South- Colts
West-Chargers
WC- Jaguars
WC- Steelers

nfc

East- Cowgirls
South- Saints
north- Vikes
West- Seacocks
WC1- Giants

Warning Homer pick coming

WC2 49ers

Seacocks - I've never heard that before but that is just plain funny... I know funny and my man, that is funny

Otis4949
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
but u could make a run

BornFriscoNiner?

Are you from San Francisco? I'm going to guess you're not - because no self-respecting San Franciscan would ever say the word "Frisco" - it's a very derogatory term - to which you obviously know nothing about...

Do you know who Herb Caen is? My guess is you don't who one of the greatest journalist in San Francisco's history... I'd suggest you go read his book "Don't Call it Frisco."

Now out of respect for the "City" you love - change your name....

Thatruth32
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
BornFriscoNiner?

Are you from San Francisco? I'm going to guess you're not - because no self-respecting San Franciscan would ever say the word "Frisco" - it's a very derogatory term - to which you obviously know nothing about...

Do you know who Herb Caen is? My guess is you don't who one of the greatest journalist in San Francisco's history... I'd suggest you go read his book "Don't Call it Frisco."

lmao.... u sound like my grandma... she would try and woop my *** when i call it frisco... " god damnit boy its san francisco"... lol

BTW that might have been when back in tha days.. but know people from tha city call it tha sco all the time...i understand and respect how you want to call it ... times change people change... im not from there but have lots of friends there and in this generation its not frowned upon as much

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
BornFriscoNiner?

lol u questioning my san franciscan knowledge? u dont think i know this? u do sound like a grandma. i felt san francisco is too long for just a profile name. ur right im not from THE CITY aka the sco aka city by the bay aka SAN FRANCISCO. i was born and raised a little bit there, moved out to the east bay, and returning back when i start my next semester at the university of SAN FRANCISCO. i know this. i see san franciscans almost every day and i know some hate it, but some also know times change and a newer generation does not care as much. its not like i go around saying "im goin 2 frisco tonight". i say the city more than anything. i was gonna choose between the name i have now and bornsco49er. i have nothing but the utmost respect for my city, including all parts of the city that doesnt get much love. i accept it for what it is.

so does it really bother any other san franciscan's out there? do u guys really want me to change it? let me know. it doesnt bother me if u guys care.

Baller1
08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
BornFriscoNiner?

Damn, calm down. haha

Da Truf
08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
NFC
North-Vikes
South-Saints
East-Cowboys
West-Seahawks

AFC
North-Steelers
South-Colts
East-Patriots
West-Chargers

Prediction: Vikes lose in NFC championship to Cowboys
Patriots lose to Chargers in AFC championship

So i think it will be Cowboys-Chargers Superbowl
with Chargers winning it.

chad311k9
08-09-2008, 01:39 AM

learn when to keep my mouth shut kid? thems fighting words there Mr. "Frisco" homosexual! i'm apt to take a trip down to the seahawks @ 49ers game and shut you down just like my hawks are gonna shut your "frisco" 49ers down. you need to watch you mouth and have some respect for the debate!

bornFrisco49er
08-09-2008, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=chad311k9;6216644]learn when to keep my mouth shut kid? thems fighting words there Mr. "Frisco" homosexual! i'm apt to take a trip down to the seahawks @ 49ers game and shut you down just like my hawks are gonna shut your "frisco" 49ers down. you need to watch you mouth and have some respect for the debate![QUOTE]

homo? no im not but be original next time..ur only the millionth person thats said that to a niner fan. nd dont be so sensitive. did i hit a soft spot? im sorry if i did, i really am.and what debate? u came in this forum and talked all about your team winning 14 games. no one debated with u man. i was the only person to say something to u becausee u talked out ur *** seriously. even some hawk fans feel 14 is a little outlandish and 10-12 is more realistic.ok we got your opinion, now soak it in and have some better material to bring into this forum. something to really talk about besides saying your team will beat everyone. if u wnted 2 start something then u should have thought about boasting so much about your team in ur hawk forum. u wanna talk about all the elements, logistics, situations, etc about football in the NFC WEST, then ur welcome to talk. ive shown nutin but respect in ur hawk forums nd u can check up on it. im talkin logically not bull****. u want respect, but u cant give it first? thats just bein an dick. i hope u better than that.

Jersey Mike
08-09-2008, 05:05 AM

WOW...the playoffs must smell like defeat...that's what I smell...the san fran 69ers get a #1 draft pick and use it on another QB to "solve" their problems...I say 2 wins this season...

Boozerguy47
08-09-2008, 05:26 AM
And yet... 9er offense is the same... :hide:

DownSouth49er
08-09-2008, 06:04 AM
WOW...the playoffs must smell like defeat...that's what I smell...the san fran 69ers get a #1 draft pick and use it on another QB to "solve" their problems...I say 2 wins this season...

Here's a thought, the raiders attract old players who are at the end of their careers, so y dont you guys sign hasselbeck and recruit his lover boozerguy...that way boozerguy and yourself can fucc each others brains out using either your own prick, hass one, or al davis's walker...give it some thought

Cha Cha
08-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Here's a thought, the raiders attract old players who are at the end of their careers, so y dont you guys sign hasselbeck and recruit his lover boozerguy...that way boozerguy and yourself can fucc each others brains out using either your own prick, hass one, or al davis's walker...give it some thought

haha, only the silver and black are supposed to talk like that... the 49ers are supposed to be stand up, classy guys. LOL!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

DownSouth49er
08-09-2008, 06:11 AM

Here's another thought...why don't you become a greenhorn on the cornelia marie, be completly lost, and fall into the bering sea

Boozerguy47
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
^ Why? Because the stuff I have been saying are facts? Give me a break. You're pathetic and you need to realize it.

bornFrisco49er
08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
haha, only the silver and black are supposed to talk like that... the 49ers are supposed to be stand up, classy guys. LOL!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

lol at least u admit it..we cant all be like that then no one would be unique..maybe thats the problem with some things. being too soft..niners aint soft, and i guess we tryin 2 prove that

Jersey Mike
08-10-2008, 01:14 AM

yeah...you're bright...you know a lot about the raiders...look at our roster and tell me about all the old guys that we have...we are one of the youngest teams in the nfl...instead of making stupid comments about gay sex...make an intelligent comment and have some real info to back it up...gay sex and deadliest catch quotes...wow, what a football mind you are...

DownSouth49er
08-10-2008, 03:00 AM
^ Why? Because the stuff I have been saying are facts? Give me a break. You're pathetic and you need to realize it.

you are pathetic if you are seriously getting pleasure or feel a sense of being RIGHT when judging the 49er offense in PRESEASON...you never even gave thought to the fact that raiders and niners defense played well in the first half, for the most part...you never made mention of guys like gore touching the ball only twice, bruce not playing, baas not playing...you basically looked at the score and made the ignorant comment that you did....do you know how many teams struggle in their first PRESEASON game....teams really only practice against themselves, against defenses they know so it's easy then...but when they actually play another team, it's a difference....but you are the football genius who knows that the 49ers offense sucks and will suck against all teams this year....yeah you know that from one PRESEASON game....you're right...we suck on offense again this year....we have played one PRESEASON game and niner fans our offense sucks again and will continue to suck the entire season.....so don't pull for our team or go to any games, or watch them on tv because after the first PRESEASON game, our offense sucks and will continue to suck the whole year......fuccing stupid *** prick....shut da hell up and quit getting caught up in PRESEASON....much respect to the raiders and how they played in the game....your running game looks much improved....fucc boozerguy, idiotic prick

Boozerguy47
08-10-2008, 04:13 AM
^ Well, apparently Jersey Mike feels the same way as me. I guess I should have said it looks like your team will win the NFC Championship… is that what you wanted?

Jersey Mike
08-10-2008, 05:14 AM
you are pathetic if you are seriously getting pleasure or feel a sense of being RIGHT when judging the 49er offense in PRESEASON...you never even gave thought to the fact that raiders and niners defense played well in the first half, for the most part...you never made mention of guys like gore touching the ball only twice, bruce not playing, baas not playing...you basically looked at the score and made the ignorant comment that you did....do you know how many teams struggle in their first PRESEASON game....teams really only practice against themselves, against defenses they know so it's easy then...but when they actually play another team, it's a difference....but you are the football genius who knows that the 49ers offense sucks and will suck against all teams this year....yeah you know that from one PRESEASON game....you're right...we suck on offense again this year....we have played one PRESEASON game and niner fans our offense sucks again and will continue to suck the entire season.....so don't pull for our team or go to any games, or watch them on tv because after the first PRESEASON game, our offense sucks and will continue to suck the whole year......fuccing stupid *** prick....shut da hell up and quit getting caught up in PRESEASON....much respect to the raiders and how they played in the game....your running game looks much improved....fucc boozerguy, idiotic prick

that is a much better argument...I agree that you can't judge the whole season by preseason...however, it was our 4th string RB who probably will be put on the practice squad that got 97 yards rusing against you...mcfadden and russell got very few touches/reps, although they looked impressive...but I do have to say that michael bush was a pleasant surprise...I am concerned about our deep passing game, however we are now running a WCO / power running game different from the past five years...

You are right...Gore is a problem and will be a huge element in your offense if used correctly...hopefully your QB's will develope and your offense will gel...we went through a QB carousel last season and it made it very difficult...we have had four different coaching staffs since 2003 and annual changes in QB that have included kerry collins...I feel your pain and I only jested with you guys in fun...Don't take this as me not saying we won't spank that AZZ during the regular season...HAHAHA

Good Luck

Jersey Mike
08-10-2008, 05:16 AM
^ Well, apparently Jersey Mike feels the same way as me. I guess I should have said it looks like your team will win the NFC Championship… is that what you wanted?

Using me to solidify your argument in here is futile...I'm a Raider fan...HAHAHA...you might as well say that SATAN himself agrees with you...HAHAHA

ninerfan609
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
what have i been missing?
jerseymike, your laughing at that preseason game and trying to make fun of us? thats too funny, and i hear you guys are judging our season on preseason?

heres a fact: the raiders went 4-0 in the preseason 2 years ago, and ended up selecting j russell with the #1 overall pick. last year, they ended up with the #4 pick.
any real football fan (raiders especially should know this) dont count preseason.
when we picked up smith, we were in cap hell, and had to sign garbage players from the streets to play with us, because nobody wanted to.

ninerfan609
08-10-2008, 09:54 AM

please take this back, as i will lose all the respect i had for you...i like when we debate, because you feel as strong about the seahawks as i do the niners.

but this is a preseason game, i think its still a game. a game for our players to try our new offense out against other teams before we de-thrown you guys. its "live practice" its a good thing we have 3 more "preseason" games left, and i would rather lose the games, and have to work harder in the season.

the way i see it, the more we lose and screw up in the preseason, the better we'll be in the season.

Baller1
08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
please take this back, as i will lose all the respect i had for you...i like when we debate, because you feel as strong about the seahawks as i do the niners.

but this is a preseason game, i think its still a game. a game for our players to try our new offense out against other teams before we de-thrown you guys. its "live practice" its a good thing we have 3 more "preseason" games left, and i would rather lose the games, and have to work harder in the season.

the way i see it, the more we lose and screw up in the preseason, the better we'll be in the season.

If this is true, than unfortunately for you the preseason isn't 16 games, because then you would kill in the regular season. :p

ninerfan609
08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
thats funny^ but i meant, if we won every preseason game, it would be hard to fix something that isnt broke. fortunatly for every team, there is a preseason where new offenses, and players can adjust.

Baller1
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
thats funny^ but i meant, if we won every preseason game, it would be hard to fix something that isnt broke. fortunatly for every team, there is a preseason where new offenses, and players can adjust.

I now, I was messing with you. Don't trip.

Baller1
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
How did the Raiders get into this?!

FWBrodie
08-10-2008, 11:31 PM

So does the San Francisco Chronicle...

Then came Friday night. An exhibition game isn't supposed to mean much, but the 49ers' 18-6 loss to the Raiders may have been even more discouraging than the Giants' 9-23 spring training. The offense looked awful, worse than the numbers can convey, worse than any single factor can explain.

The defense didn't look all that great, either, but exhibitions really don't bring out the best in a defense, especially among the players with secure jobs. The intensity required in real competition isn't there, and it shouldn't be.

But the same theory holds true for the Raiders' defense, and yet the 49ers' offense still couldn't get into any kind of rhythm. The interceptions thrown by J.T. O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill were both horrible judgment calls, requiring little effort from the defenders.

Too much, though, has been made of the three quarterbacks' performances. The slow, staccato development of plays could not have been entirely their fault. The entire offense had to be out of sync, either because everyone is adjusting to offensive coordinator Mike Martz's work or because some of the people making the adjustments don't know how and never will.

Either way, the result was that the quarterbacks surveyed the field like people reading menus in a foreign language. They couldn't consistently make decisions with the speed required in the NFL. That will happen when a quarterback comes out of the snap to find his teammates doing things that barely resembled the plays on paper.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/09/SPLO128DNG.DTL

Nolan, on the other hand, chose to kick a 22-yard field goal at the end of the first half, a fairly useless exercise for a kicker of Joe Nedney's experience. Nolan said the 4th-and-1 on the scoreboard at the time was really a 4th-and-3, so he thought running a play would be a stretch, and he also wanted practice for his special teams. The official play-by-play shows a 4th-and-2, but that distinction is pretty irrelevant.

Nolan's team has been atrocious on short-yardage plays. In fact, if the 49ers had been even 50 percent better in this one area of the game over the last three seasons, Nolan might not be in pink-slip peril this season. Add the fact that this team needs all the practice it can get in Martz's schemes, and the decision makes even less sense - almost as little as believing that this team can finish over .500.

Jersey Mike
08-11-2008, 12:43 AM
what have i been missing?
jerseymike, your laughing at that preseason game and trying to make fun of us? thats too funny, and i hear you guys are judging our season on preseason?

heres a fact: the raiders went 4-0 in the preseason 2 years ago, and ended up selecting j russell with the #1 overall pick. last year, they ended up with the #4 pick.
any real football fan (raiders especially should know this) dont count preseason.
when we picked up smith, we were in cap hell, and had to sign garbage players from the streets to play with us, because nobody wanted to.

First here's a fact...I'm gonna address your facts as fiction because we went 4-1 that year...we lost the hall of fame game to the eagles if memory serves me correctly...yes we were under the art shell regime...

Second...read my posts (all of them) a little closer...I was funnin' and smack talking...you don't have to tell me that the raiders have been at the bottom of the NFL since the 2002 season...I am aware of it...I explained that no harm was meant...I have taken countless jabs at the raiders (a lot from 69er fans) over the last few seasons...get a grip and grow some thicker skin...I was just messin' with you guys...

MaZin420
08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
ooo big deal we got beat in a preseason game o boy the season is over.

Ali J
08-11-2008, 10:48 AM
R U GUYS SERIOUS???

So I guess the Ravens are on there way to 19-0!

Come on it freakin PRE SEASON!!!!!!!!

Frank Gore played for how many snaps?
Which QB played with the 1st team offense? Oh yeah the 3rd stringer signed in the off season.

Willis who made ummmmm 174 Tackles had 1? OH NO WE'RE DONE PACK IT UP BOYS! SHUT DOWN THE FORUM, STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!!!

The dude that wrote that article should be out of the job, or covering amateur sports!

Its PRE season! You test things out, find out what your players like and don't like. What works and doesn't and oh yeah who to cut and keep!!!!!

You work for the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE! Don't bash your team....or should I say the team that won't even play a snap in the NFL once they're released by pre season week 3!

Everyone know week 3 of the pre season is the closest look you get to what the real thing will look like because the starters play the 1st half......wait until then before you start bashing the team!!!

GO 49ERS GO! AND SHUT THAT PUNK UP!!!!!!!

Baller1
08-11-2008, 04:30 PM
R U GUYS SERIOUS???

So I guess the Ravens are on there way to 19-0!

Come on it freakin PRE SEASON!!!!!!!!

Frank Gore played for how many snaps?
Which QB played with the 1st team offense? Oh yeah the 3rd stringer signed in the off season.

Willis who made ummmmm 174 Tackles had 1? OH NO WE'RE DONE PACK IT UP BOYS! SHUT DOWN THE FORUM, STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!!!

The dude that wrote that article should be out of the job, or covering amateur sports!

Its PRE season! You test things out, find out what your players like and don't like. What works and doesn't and oh yeah who to cut and keep!!!!!

You work for the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE! Don't bash your team....or should I say the team that won't even play a snap in the NFL once they're released by pre season week 3!

Everyone know week 3 of the pre season is the closest look you get to what the real thing will look like because the starters play the 1st half......wait until then before you start bashing the team!!!

GO 49ERS GO! AND SHUT THAT PUNK UP!!!!!!!

FWBrodie
08-11-2008, 11:29 PM
ooo big deal we got beat in a preseason game o boy the season is over.

The season is over for the 49ers, yes, but it isn't because of a preseason game.

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 12:22 AM
The season is over for the 49ers, yes, but it isn't because of a preseason game.

ok nice to hear your opinion thank you...next ********* to say something?

i hope engram's injury isnt the last 4 the seahawks..myabe i put a jinx on ur players because of my "barring injury" claim. lol..wishful thinking but who knows..

Baller1
08-12-2008, 03:02 AM

:clap:

So true.

MaZin420
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Engram is out 6-8 weeks maybe longer considering hes as old as paul newman. Hello worst WR core in the nfl shegirls fans! To go along with the most suspect Rb core? Maybe you guys should stick duckett at TE since even jesus couldn't name your starter. I'm thinking its pollard and if so the seagirls should rethink why they didn't go after a TE like alge or shockey.

Ali J
08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Engram is out 6-8 weeks maybe longer considering hes as old as paul newman. Hello worst WR core in the nfl shegirls fans! To go along with the most suspect Rb core? Maybe you guys should stick duckett at TE since even jesus couldn't name your starter. I'm thinking its pollard and if so the seagirls should rethink why they didn't go after a TE like alge or shockey.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it! That's all I can say

First off who the hell is Engram? The Seahawks fans are going crazy because of his injury hahahhahahaha he's an average WR at best!

Seahawks are lucky they are in an easy *** division because that offense could be the worst in the division this year......your really gonna need your D to step up and keep that offense on the field for as long as they can.......just a little prediction for that Seahawk fan to quote as well....49ers sweep seahawks this year! We go 2-0 easy this year boys!!!

ARE D IS SICK!!!!!!!!! Quote that too!

Baller1
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it! That's all I can say

First off who the hell is Engram? The Seahawks fans are going crazy because of his injury hahahhahahaha he's an average WR at best!
Seahawks are lucky they are in an easy *** division because that offense could be the worst in the division this year......your really gonna need your D to step up and keep that offense on the field for as long as they can.......just a little prediction for that Seahawk fan to quote as well....49ers sweep seahawks this year! We go 2-0 easy this year boys!!!

ARE D IS SICK!!!!!!!!! Quote that too!

If Engram is average at best, your WR's are even ******** than I thought, considering he was 10x better than any WR on your team last season.

Ali J
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
If Engram is average at best, your WR's are even ******** than I thought, considering he was 10x better than any WR on your team last season.

Ummmmmmmmmm our WRs from last year were below average.....which I think puts Engram at average

Look at the bright side, now you can use that WR u basically trade in for the best run blocker in football!

hahahahahahaha I can't wait to see the seahawks fall on there *** and stay there!

Baller1
08-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm our WRs from last year were below average.....which I think puts Engram at average

Look at the bright side, now you can use that WR u basically trade in for the best run blocker in football!

hahahahahahaha I can't wait to see the seahawks fall on there *** and stay there!

ok?

Ali J
08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
hahahaha you didn't sign Hutchinson because he wanted too much money.....but went and spent it on Burleson ahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha LOL!!!!!

Cha Cha
08-12-2008, 06:47 PM
man, i'm gonna sound like i'm bashing a little on my beloved raiders, but, the seahawks are like the chargers in the AFC west, same story. raiders have been looking up to the top at them for the last few years. in the forty whiners version of the story, they will continue to look up to the seahawks. i didn't see anything significant changes in the 49ers lineup from last year, besides adding bruce, which is really not gonna make a difference. even my wife said that watching the 49ers play is the most boring game ever. punt.... punt.... punt. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boozerguy47
08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
^ Once again we Seahawk fans are not the only ones who think the 9ers are not going to be any good. Your own newspaper says you will not be better than .500.

hahahaha you didn't sign Hutchinson because he wanted too much money.....but went and spent it on Burleson ahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha LOL!!!!!

Wait, is this DownSouth49er on another account? You sound very similar in the fact you fail to come out of your hole. Plus you both laugh at the stuff you so badly want.

DownSouth49er
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
man, i'm gonna sound like i'm bashing a little on my beloved raiders, but, the seahawks are like the chargers in the AFC west, same story. raiders have been looking up to the top at them for the last few years. in the forty whiners version of the story, they will continue to look up to the seahawks. i didn't see anything significant changes in the 49ers lineup from last year, besides adding bruce, which is really not gonna make a difference. even my wife said that watching the 49ers play is the most boring game ever. punt.... punt.... punt. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tell ur wife to shutup and if she ain't down with the 9ers, then i got two words for her, SUCK IT

DownSouth49er
08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
^ Once again we Seahawk fans are not the only ones who think the 9ers are not going to be any good. Your own newspaper says you will not be better than .500.

Wait, is this DownSouth49er on another account? You sound very similar in the fact you fail to come out of your hole. Plus you both laugh at the stuff you so badly want.

nice to see im ur first thought, lol......i've always said im gonna love my 49ers so much that when ppl think, hear, or see 49ers, they think of me....thanx man, prick....ha ha ha

ninerfan609
08-12-2008, 09:02 PM

you guys can think what you want, but barring injuries, we will def. finish above .500, better than the raiders, and division champs.

Baller1
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM

...and we still won the division the next two seasons.

Baller1
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
you guys can think what you want, but barring injuries, we will def. finish above .500, better than the raiders, and division champs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, I had to get that out.

Baller1
08-12-2008, 11:37 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That was awsome.

ninerfan609
08-13-2008, 02:33 PM
at least we have a good punter now....name another punter who can punt 80 yards. that last season helped this season. you can laugh now, but its true.

Baller1
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
at least we have a good punter now....name another punter who can punt 80 yards. that last season helped this season. you can laugh now, but its true.

I will laugh, :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:, because you're team is so pathetic, you're bragging about how good of a punter you have. HAHAHA. Would you like to know why he's so good? Because he gets so much practice come game time.

Cha Cha
08-13-2008, 03:41 PM

Shane Lechler.......

Cha Cha
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
tell ur wife to shutup and if she ain't down with the 9ers, then i got two words for her, SUCK IT

oh she does suck it... trust me. man, stop livin' in the 80's when your team actually had something. when your team starts being called the team of the decades... then come talk to me. until then, i will wait till this coming January to come back here so i can talk some more trash when your season falls to $#!^!!!!

Baller1
08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
oh she does suck it... trust me. man, stop livin' in the 80's when your team actually had something. when your team starts being called the team of the decades... then come talk to me. until then, i will wait till this coming January to come back here so i can talk some more trash when your season falls to $#!^!!!!

You won't have to wait all the way til January. There season will fall to **** in the first few weeks.

Lincoln Logs
08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Alright, Seacocks I'm looking for a smart, logical arguement here.

Here's my logic as to why the Niners can challenge the seahawks this year.

Lets go back two years. Nobody expected anything from the Niners, even with a proven OC in Turner, and yet we finished a respectable 7-9. With a proven OC In turner running a proven offense, an OC with a reputation of developing young qbs, we surprised everybody. Smith started fullfilling his potential(I'm sure you all remember his 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to beat your beloved seahawks :p) and many thought the playoffs were a lock for next year.

Unfortunatly, when your starting qb is knocked out the 4th week of the season, its difficult, but still possible to achieve that goal. Thats assuming of course that you have a competent backup QB and a smart OC. However, when you have the great tandem of the now retired Trent Dilfer running the offense, and the absolute ****ing idiot in Jim Hostler calling and designing the plays, i don' t think its very suprising as too why we ended up 5-11. Gore was never 100% either. Our offense last year flat out sucked, due to a combination of injuries to key players and the worst OC in the history of football. However, if you had put our defense on a team with a competent offense, it could easily have been around the top 10 in the league.

Now, this year. There's no doubt that the niners have vastly improved both the defense and offense from that 7-9 year. They've hired yet another proven OC with a history of developing young qbs in Martz. So, with both Gore and Smith now healed, an improved o-line, recieving corps, and with Martz calling the plays, there's no dobut in my mind that they won't be cellar dwellers in major offensive stats this year. I'm not saying they'll jump to top 10, but somewhere in the mid teens to low 20s doesn't seem out of reach. Combine that with a defense that as I said before, was much better than the stats show due to being on the field for so long because of a terrible offense last year, a defense that as I also said improved this year with some decent free agent signings, and I see no reason as too why the niners can't improve over that 7-9 season. Whether they beat the seahawks remains to be seen, but I don't think its unreasonable to think they can seriously challenge you this year.

I honestly want to have a seahawks fan argue with me about this.

Seriously though, Nolan needs to choose Smith as his starting qb soon, and put his personal dislike of smith behind him. I think its unfair that he has to have a qb competion. That 7-9 season he was 16-16, and he led us to a 2-1 record even under hostler until he was knocked out. I've heard his shoulder is pretty much 100 %, he is a vastly superior phyical and mental qb than both hill and O'Sullivan, and even if O'Sullivan is Martz's favorite, and knows the system well, all your doing by putting Smith with the backups is hindering his ability to learn that same system and connect with the starters that he should be playing with!!! That's the main problem now.

ninerfan609
08-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I will laugh, :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:, because you're team is so pathetic, you're bragging about how good of a punter you have. HAHAHA. Would you like to know why he's so good? Because he gets so much practice come game time.

i laugh too...because he got so much practice last year, that this year, if we go 3 and out, we will still have good field position to start a drive.

ninerfan609
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
You won't have to wait all the way til January. There season will fall to **** in the first few weeks.

i bet you our first 3 games will be a better record than the seahawks...

Baller1
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM

You're on.

bornFrisco49er
08-13-2008, 11:39 PM
i know a punter isnt much to brag, but any god forsaken true football fan knows that good special teams will dictate field position and that in fact it is very important in setting up your defense and offense. Not much to say, but i am happy we have andy lee. We outbidded him for him with the steelers. lol

Baller1
08-14-2008, 01:07 AM
i know a punter isnt much to brag, but any god forsaken true football fan knows that good special teams will dictate field position and that in fact it is very important in setting up your defense and offense. Not much to say, but i am happy we have andy lee. We outbidded him for him with the steelers. lol

I know, you're right. He is a good punter. It's just nothing to brag about, at all.

w724y
08-14-2008, 02:24 AM
season prediction... no better than last year with Coach Nolan's lack of commitment to a starting QB and in a state of snafu.

FWBrodie
08-14-2008, 02:58 AM

Buffalo on the road and then SF and STL at home... how can you have a better record than 3-0?

bornFrisco49er
08-14-2008, 05:01 AM
i think buffalo can take u guys at home..a rising team IMO..

bornFrisco49er
08-14-2008, 05:03 AM
I know, you're right. He is a good punter. It's just nothing to brag about, at all.

im not bragging, maybe others. im just happy we have him

ninerfan609
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Buffalo on the road and then SF and STL at home... how can you have a better record than 3-0?

i didnt look at your schedule, its pretty easy though. we have the Cards, Lions, Seagirls.

Baller1
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
i didnt look at your schedule, its pretty easy though. we have the Cards, Lions, Seagirls.

Seahawks: 3-0
49ers: 0-3

I don't see how you think your record after three games will be better...