PDA

View Full Version : Max salary players

MoBASS
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Who are the guys that deserve max contracts? Lets put a list together, because while some guys may be deemed "franchise" players (i.e. Michael Redd), they may not necessarily be a "max" player... at least in my book.

Max is for the cream of the crop... the elite.

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming
Chris Bosh
Amare Stoudemire
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

(yes.. I left out Gilbert, Carmelo, and Tracy. They haven't shown they are winners and are replaceable to me)

knicks1214
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Lol...Marbury (kidding)...a few years ago, I would have put Nash as he was the best point guard in the league but now there are some that are better than him. Maybe Dwight Howard because he is already a force and is only 23. I would put him there because he is the cornerstone piece of the Magic and is already a superstar. Yao Ming I'm not sure about though because he tends to get injured a lot and I actually see him as a person who should be averaging closer to 30 points because of his talent, but he has been slowed because of the injuries. I would also put Gilbert on that list just because he is a very good player and is one of the best in the nba->cream of the crop players are the all stars/superstars in the NBA and he is in that category.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
CP3 , Deron Williams, Wade will get one when his contract is over,
Lebron too

Wade_County
07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Dwight Howard goes above ming and bosh in my opinion! Actually i wouldnt put Yao on my list.

And i believe Steve Nash is a franchise player as well.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Who are the guys that deserve max contracts? Lets put a list together, because while some guys may be deemed "franchise" players (i.e. Michael Redd), they may not necessarily be a "max" player... at least in my book.

Max is for the cream of the crop... the elite.

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming
Chris Bosh
Amare Stoudemire
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

(yes.. I left out Gilbert, Carmelo, and Tracy. They haven't shown they are winners and are replaceable to me)

Why is Paul Pierce not on that list?

And how are you going to say Yao deserves max when he has played with Mcgrady for the most part?

Wake's Fastball
07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd throw Pierce on there if you've listed Dirk and Bosh. I'd legitimately consider giving Brandon Roy a max contract if he were in the right market.

Ragun
07-18-2008, 03:07 PM

And how are you going to say Yao deserves max when he has played with Mcgrady for the most part?

Yeah. Other than that. I agree with taht list.

fairandbalanced
07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
There is only 4 Max players in the NBA..Wade, Lebron, Yao and Kobe. Simply because the NBA makes more off them anyways. I can't see the reason in awarding a player simply on their game, you got to have the ability to market also. I bet the Wizards and Spurs lose more than they get from Arenas and Duncan, just to name a few.

Jonathan2323
07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Wade, CP3, Lebron, Kobe, Duncan and maybe yao

MoBASS
07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
There is only 4 Max players in the NBA..Wade, Lebron, Yao and Kobe. Simply because the NBA makes more off them anyways. I can't see the reason in awarding a player simply on their game, you got to have the ability to market also. I bet the Wizards and Spurs lose more than they get from Arenas and Duncan, just to name a few.

I'm pretty sure the Wiz make their money back from ticket sales/merchandise, but I'm POSITIVE Duncan has made the Spurs $$$$

4 championships? That's the real deal..

Jonathan2323
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM

Paul Pierce should not be on the list at all. he had two other great players on his team.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the Wiz make their money back from ticket sales/merchandise, but I'm POSITIVE Duncan has made the Spurs $$$$

4 championships? That's the real deal..

Haha yup.