PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings interview

socalpkrbkr
07-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Greg Jennings interview on the NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8095b651

Sounds to me like he's ready to roll with whoever is throwing the skin.

SDteacher
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Class Act!! I love this guy. I may be really ignorant, but I believe what he's saying about the team not being divided. Both he and Wells are on the record saying the same type thing. I feel like we do have top knotch character guys in our locker room and I think that when it comes down to it, if Brett is on the team the players will want the qb that gives them the best chance to win play, and all signs point to Brett as far as I'm concerned.

socalpkrbkr
07-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Class Act!! I love this guy. I may be really ignorant, but I believe what he's saying about the team not being divided. Both he and Wells are on the record saying the same type thing. I feel like we do have top knotch character guys in our locker room and I think that when it comes down to it, if Brett is on the team the players will want the qb that gives them the best chance to win play, and all signs point to Brett as far as I'm concerned.

Nice! I couldn't agree more minus the ignorant part.

Ryan Diesel
07-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Man I'm glad we got that guy.

This is pretty good too.

socalpkrbkr
07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
That's the same interview Diesel.:confused:

Ryan Diesel
07-18-2008, 04:39 PM
damn, i tried to post the other one on there. it's an intervie with adam schefter, he supposedly has been talking to Bus recently.

wissportsfan
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah Jennings is a good guy. Good interview.

Soop
07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Man I'm glad we got that guy.

This is pretty good too.

That's the same interview Diesel.:confused:

:laugh2:

hughest4
07-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Sounds to me like he's ready to roll with whoever is throwing the skin.

I can't really watch the interview right now, but reading this line makes me pretty happy. Ever since coming into the league Jennings has been a class act and seems like such a good, honest guy. With skills like he has i think he could do his thing with any QB

4favre4
07-19-2008, 11:31 PM
He wants Brett back no matter what he says to the media he wants Brett Favre under center this year.
He is the who asked him for one more year after the Giants game.
I bet MM and TT told the guys to say they have moved on and Rodgers is our QB but guys say things like we have confidence in Aaron but Brett is great and as far as they know he is retired and Aaron is the QB now but they do think Brett is a great QB.
I didn't even read it but that seems the the company line everybody I have seen has said the same thing.

newdude
07-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Jennings is a class act, but the guy can't diss either of the two QBs and has to stay neutral in front of the public. If he does publicly diss one and that QB end up being the starter, hehehehe, but I too think he prefers Favre at this point bcuz of their in-game experience with each other.

iam brett favre
07-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Well he didnt have much choice to say he's ok with either QB, but I like the guy. He's a class act.

dtrsi
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
It would be imposible for Jennings to say that he prefers Brett without management getting pissed. But if you think back to the Denver game the play he made in OT. Jennings has to know that Brett is one of the only qb's that would have even tried that pass, and there is no way A-Rod would have even made the attempt.

ryanph30
07-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I will be very interested to see if Jennings can step up and be a flat legit #1 receiver when DD is gone. To me right now he seems more like a big play guy, it will be interesting to see if he can become a receiver that catches more balls than alot of deep balls. Or maybe they will move James Jones into a Driver type of role and keep things similar. Ugh, I can't wait for football!

hughest4
07-22-2008, 02:32 AM
I will be very interested to see if Jennings can step up and be a flat legit #1 receiver when DD is gone. To me right now he seems more like a big play guy, it will be interesting to see if he can become a receiver that catches more balls than alot of deep balls. Or maybe they will move James Jones into a Driver type of role and keep things similar. Ugh, I can't wait for football!

I don't think Jennings will ever be in that Driver role, and if he is then it will be later in his career. I think a guy like Jordy Nelson could potentially turn into a great first down machine for us while Greg Jennings is tearing apart defenses with big play after big play

ryanph30
07-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think Jennings will ever be in that Driver role, and if he is then it will be later in his career. I think a guy like Jordy Nelson could potentially turn into a great first down machine for us while Greg Jennings is tearing apart defenses with big play after big play

See I picture James Jones stepping into Drivers role, and Nelson being more of a slot guy for us, like a Wes Welker.

beast
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM

See I picture James Jones stepping into Drivers role, and Nelson being more of a slot guy for us, like a Wes Welker.

I think Nelson is more of that #1 guy. Yes Jones and Jennings will both be ahead of him this year, but down the road, I'm thinking Nelson.

We're talking about Driver role, Driver is the slot guy. In the Packers offense, the #1 WR is the slot WR, unless there is only 1 or 2 WR on the field.

To be honest, I'm not sure we have a #1 guy. I'm thinking we got four #2 guys. Driver was a #1 guy, but I'm not sure he's still there. I know he's close to be a #1, but I think he's fallen a little.

Martz
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Greg Jennings is adn will always be a class act. Couldn't be happier having a guy like him on the team.

ryanph30
07-23-2008, 02:25 AM
I think Nelson is more of that #1 guy. Yes Jones and Jennings will both be ahead of him this year, but down the road, I'm thinking Nelson.

We're talking about Driver role, Driver is the slot guy. In the Packers offense, the #1 WR is the slot WR, unless there is only 1 or 2 WR on the field.

To be honest, I'm not sure we have a #1 guy. I'm thinking we got four #2 guys. Driver was a #1 guy, but I'm not sure he's still there. I know he's close to be a #1, but I think he's fallen a little.

I get what your saying but here's how I view it.

Now:
#1-DD #2/big play-Jennings #3/slot-Jones

Future:
#1-Jones #2/big play-Jennings #3/slot-Nelson

hughest4
07-23-2008, 03:34 AM

I agree with the top part 100%. The bottom part not so much at all.

Nelson definitely seems like a guy that can be a #1 receiver and i wouldn't mind seeing him their in a few years. I like James Jones a lot but i can't see him being any more then a 800-900 yard guy in the slot for us. I want him to show me more this year and prove me wrong though.

I absolutely think that DD is a #1 receiver. His numbers might have dropped slightly but sometimes that happens with your QB actually has other WR's to throw the ball to

ryanph30
07-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I absolutely loved how James Jones played last year, he showed alot IMO. I don't know about Nelson, I hope he impresses me this season, but I'm not that high on him right now. And I also agree Donald is a no doubt #1, and a very good one at that.

hughest4
07-23-2008, 03:52 AM
I absolutely loved how James Jones played last year, he showed alot IMO. I don't know about Nelson, I hope he impresses me this season, but I'm not that high on him right now. And I also agree Donald is a no doubt #1, and a very good one at that.

I'm not saying that Jones didn't show a lot for a rookie because he did, i just think he will hit some kind of a wall. I'm not sure how much more upside he has. On the other hand i feel like Jordy has a ton. He has the ability to make a big play but can also be a possession guy. Sounds good to me