PDA

View Full Version : Soriano rehab assignment

SmthBluCitrus
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted and answered somewhere else. I haven't seen it.

If and when Soriano accepts a minor league rehab assignment that has been suggested by Lou (and almost everybody else), is it more likely that he's going to Peoria (closer to Chicago) or Iowa (where he'll see better pitchers than in A ball)?

poodski
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
If I were to guess it would be Iowa

SmthBluCitrus
07-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Iowa would make me happy ... seeing as I live in West Des Moines. But, I can see him going to either. He could see a whole lot more pitches to hit in Peoria to help him regain his timing and confidence.

poodski
07-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Iowa would make me happy ... seeing as I live in West Des Moines. But, I can see him going to either. He could see a whole lot more pitches to hit in Peoria to help him regain his timing and confidence.

I wouldnt mind seeing him go to Peoria either, but since Ward and others have gone to Iowa for rehab that would be my guess.

Dfan25
07-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I heard Soriano say on sportsnite that he will take batting practice tonight in houston. If everything goes well maybe he will go to rookie league early next week and he wants to come back for the marlins series.