PDA

View Full Version : Todd "Freaking" Jones II

MinnesotaTiger
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
ARRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!! Please put a bullet in my head! Last night was a great example of why Jones is horrible. I thought I understood baseball, but WHY DIDN'T HE GET AN EARNED RUN last night? Luke Scott leads off the ninth with a double...Gibbons (?) hits a rocket to Santiago and he he charged with an error (Ozzie Smith or Trammel couldn't have made the play). Gibbons remains on second. Now the O's have runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out. They are sucessfully bunted to second and third. Gibbons then scores on a sac fly...AND JONES IS NOT CHARGED WITH AN EARNED RUN! This is a microcosm of his season. He allows runners on base, the defence stiffens up. The opposing team hits missles and Jones walks away looking like he did a great job...another save. I just don't get it. Oh, and didn't the team look so much better with Inge at third? I know he can't hit, but the team defence was MUCH better. :confused:

smarkow
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I was TOTALLY going to start a Todd "Freaking" Jones II page earlier this morning, but decided not to. I really thought he was going to blow it last night.
Inge was all over the place last night. Made a few GREAT plays, plus hit a HR. Pretty good day for his first game in a few weeks. That said, Guillen has looked extremely solid at 3rd base in the past month. After his first few games at 3rd, he has consistently gotten better, getting a feel for how to play 3rd base. THAT said, i don't think we can compare many guys to Inge defensively. He is one of the best in the game at 3rd base. But unfortunately, on this team, he is a liability b/c we don't have anywhere else to put Guillen, who is still an every day player and the most consistent player on our team.
Back to the point, Jones is killing me. I dont know how Leyland can still feel confident with him in the game...especially once the bases were loaded with one out in the 9th. I guess he just tells himself that he's either going to win or lose with Jones.

davedav
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't have Jones on my fantasy team, but in save opps, he's not bad...if you ignore his blown save on 6/28. Without that game, WHIP close to 1.00, 2.18 ERA, no losses, 18 saves in 19 chances. The problem comes from non-save opps. No way to cut the stats in those games to make things look happy!

One Nut Kruk
07-18-2008, 04:59 PM
He didn't get an earned run because if you replay the inning with Santiago making that play, the run never scores because the runner on 2nd advanced to 3rd on a bunt, and that would have made it 2 outs, and the sac fly would have been out number 3. Stupid, yes, but that's the way they do it. You go through and see if the runner would have scored had the error not occured. Mind you, if the error had not occured, the guy wouldn't have been bunting and he probably would have given up the run anyway but you can't assume that.

One Nut Kruk
07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention....TODD JONES F'N SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

smarkow
07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Mind you, if the error had not occured, the guy wouldn't have been bunting and he probably would have given up the run anyway but you can't assume that.

That's hilarious. I obviously would have done the same thing and bunted the runners over. I mean, there were no outs and after the bunt you had the tying run on 2nd with one out. However, with Jones pitching as poorly as he is, they probably would have gotten a hit anyway.

scottie
07-19-2008, 10:30 PM
wooooooooooooow

Nice pitch Zumya, Long gone! Game tied. Don't say **** about Jones again

scottie
07-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Damn Dolsi gets rocked to. Now we make a problem in the lockeroom by sitting our closer. thats the last thing we need

scottie
07-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention....TODD JONES F'N SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

U suck

Bondomania
07-20-2008, 01:16 AM
all the tigers pitchers suck!!! this is ridiculous that we are getting hit by the fricken orioles like this... GOD DO I HATE TINY BALL PARKS!! so stupid, that hit off zumaya isn't a hr in comerica..

smarkow
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
The ball park is not the issues. The issue is the fact that after a lead of 7-2, Robertson allowed 6 runs in the 3rd inning, or whatever inning it was. Pitiful

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2008, 01:16 AM
wooooooooooooow

Nice pitch Zumya, Long gone! Game tied. Don't say **** about Jones again

U suck

You're an idiot. Don't say **** about Jones again? Why, because someone else blew a game? Someone else failing doesn't make Jones good Einstein. He still blows. Check the stats for once instead of just typing random stupidity.

scottie
07-22-2008, 01:15 PM
You're an idiot. Don't say **** about Jones again? Why, because someone else blew a game? Someone else failing doesn't make Jones good Einstein. He still blows. Check the stats for once instead of just typing random stupidity.

You check the stats chubby! I've listed them on other posts. If you were not blinded by your ADHD, then you would have read them.

Don't say **** about Jones again. He's our closer. Leyland is smarter then you and that is why JONES, say again JONES is our closer. Just sit back and keep *****ing, and having your day ruined by todd jones. Your a winner!

Bondomania
07-22-2008, 01:36 PM
you are an idiot if you think Jones is untouchable and is our best choice right now.. granite he hasn't blown that many saves.. but he has an ERA around 5, he walks more than he strikes out, he has a whip of 1.58... opponents are slugging .423 and they have an obp of .367.. and teams have a batting avg of .295 against him.. those are all BRUTAL numbers.. and he plays with fire more often than not... and if he isn't spotting his pitches which has occured more and more lately then he gets hit extremely hard

scottie
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
you are an idiot if you think Jones is untouchable and is our best choice right now.. granite he hasn't blown that many saves.. but he has an ERA around 5, he walks more than he strikes out, he has a whip of 1.58... opponents are slugging .423 and they have an obp of .367.. and teams have a batting avg of .295 against him.. those are all BRUTAL numbers.. and he plays with fire more often than not... and if he isn't spotting his pitches which has occured more and more lately then he gets hit extremely hard

Don't change what people post. No one said jones is untouchable. I hate to break it to you, but Leland and i know Jones is our best choice right now. You just don't. Don't ever get me wrong I'd love to have Boston's or the Angle's closer, but Jones does not suck and since he is our closer we should support him, until we get or have something better

Bondomania
07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
we don't know that we don't have anything better because we haven't given anyone else a chance to settle into that role!!! how do you know zumaya isn't the answer??? he has had 9 career opportunities to save a game, and he hasn't consistantly had that opportunity.. so you don't know that, get your face away from jones's **** long enough to get some fresh air and realize that yes he does suck.. the fact that you say he doesn't suck means that you aren't the brightest person.. and no one has to support him, in fact he doesn't deserve our support with how he has pitched lately.. Jones consistantly chokes in big games.. and we will never win a world series with Jones closing out games...

scottie
07-22-2008, 11:52 PM
we don't know that we don't have anything better because we haven't given anyone else a chance to settle into that role!!! how do you know zumaya isn't the answer??? he has had 9 career opportunities to save a game, and he hasn't consistantly had that opportunity.. so you don't know that, get your face away from jones's **** long enough to get some fresh air and realize that yes he does suck.. the fact that you say he doesn't suck means that you aren't the brightest person.. and no one has to support him, in fact he doesn't deserve our support with how he has pitched lately.. Jones consistantly chokes in big games.. and we will never win a world series with Jones closing out games...

Once again silly statments. Our starting closer doesn't suck. He's ranked 9 best in the AL. He doesn't suck. He might not be what you would want, but if you think he sucks, you give none of our pitchers credit, nor our coach. I believe if we had someone better, then he would be in there. Unless you believe were not trying to win.

scottie
07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
By the way your the only one who doesn't know we don't currently have anyone better.

Bondomania
07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
the reason he is in there is because Leyland is loyal to his veterens... oh yea, there are only 16 teams in the AL.. so he is ranked in the lower half of the AL.. AWESOME! that's just what i want, i want a closer ranked in the lower half, trying to close out games for a team that is trying to make the playoffs.. he gets bailed out by his defense ALL the time, and he should actually be ranked worse, but Inge and Guillen constantly bail him out on the rockets hit down the 3rd base line

You clearly have your heart set on Jones so it doesn't matter all the stats that i threw out before, that actually makes him look brutal, you are just going to say that my argument is stupid.. whatever, you are ********, and blind to think that Jones is our best option, go back to being the number one fan on ToddJonesRules.com

Bondomania
07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
by the way, you are the only one in the world defending todd jones..

scottie
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
by the way, you are the only one in the world defending todd jones..

The guy doesn't suck, that my story and I'm sticking to it

One Nut Kruk
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
You check the stats chubby! I've listed them on other posts. If you were not blinded by your ADHD, then you would have read them.

Don't say **** about Jones again. He's our closer. Leyland is smarter then you and that is why JONES, say again JONES is our closer. Just sit back and keep *****ing, and having your day ruined by todd jones. Your a winner!

Don't change what people post. No one said jones is untouchable. I hate to break it to you, but Leland and i know Jones is our best choice right now. You just don't. Don't ever get me wrong I'd love to have Boston's or the Angle's closer, but Jones does not suck and since he is our closer we should support him, until we get or have something better

The reason Jones is still closer is because Zumaya has been injured for the much of the past couple seasons.

And you don't have to like someone to support them. I hope that Jones does well everytime he goes out there and I'm happy when he gets the job done.....but he still stinks.

scottie
07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
The reason Jones is still closer is because Zumaya has been injured for the much of the past couple seasons.

And you don't have to like someone to support them. I hope that Jones does well everytime he goes out there and I'm happy when he gets the job done.....but he still stinks.

Your getting better One Nut, I'll take stinks, but not sucks.

Zoomlander
07-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I am being to Think "Scottie" is actually Todd Jones in the Flesh

Sheffies Chef
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
uhhh. jones is our best choice. dolsi is 2 for 2 in SVO. yes he has had recent stuggles, but it was revealed that he has arm fatigue right now (i can't remember where i read it, but i could find it if anyone wanted me to). what the hell are you?? his son or something (and no that's not supposed to be an insult). jesus, i've never seen anybody defend rollercoaster so much. sheesh.

just an honest question,

Scottie???

Do you actually like Jones as a closer, or do you just think he's our best option???

Oh, and by the way. I'd probably feel more comfortable with Rods as our closer seeing that he has experience with the role, has done it well, and has the skills usually seen in a closer (doesn't USUALLY give up a ton of hits or runs, and can get key k's with regularity).

Also, i here we may be interested in George Sherrill, the all-star closer in Baltimore per MLBTRADERUMORS.COM. it just said that we were in attendence for that game, but may have been there for others like A.J. Burnett. just a thought and observation, but i'd be content with Sherrill as the closer as long as the price wasn't too high. I believe he is 31 or so, but i'm unsure of his contract status. Thoughts of him???

scottie
07-25-2008, 12:07 AM
uhhh. jones is our best choice. dolsi is 2 for 2 in SVO. yes he has had recent stuggles, but it was revealed that he has arm fatigue right now (i can't remember where i read it, but i could find it if anyone wanted me to). what the hell are you?? his son or something (and no that's not supposed to be an insult). jesus, i've never seen anybody defend rollercoaster so much. sheesh.

just an honest question,

Scottie???

Do you actually like Jones as a closer, or do you just think he's our best option???

Oh, and by the way. I'd probably feel more comfortable with Rods as our closer seeing that he has experience with the role, has done it well, and has the skills usually seen in a closer (doesn't USUALLY give up a ton of hits or runs, and can get key k's with regularity).

Also, i here we may be interested in George Sherrill, the all-star closer in Baltimore per MLBTRADERUMORS.COM. it just said that we were in attendence for that game, but may have been there for others like A.J. Burnett. just a thought and observation, but i'd be content with Sherrill as the closer as long as the price wasn't too high. I believe he is 31 or so, but i'm unsure of his contract status. Thoughts of him???

I do like Todd Jones. I do not think he's an allstar closer, but I do like him. I think his stuff is good and he comes prepared to pitch. Don't get me wrong I'd take Boston's or the Angles closer any day. Todd Jones is the best we have for now. He's a career 300 saves guy and has only blown 2 saves all year on 20 attempts. Very good. I can't stand Loud Mouth Punks who state that a guy like Todd Jones sucks. He clearly doesn't suck. he might not be what other would like, however he is no where close to sucking. garbage posts and statements are just that garbage. Most of the fans on here are homers, they don't back up any of there opinions with real facts, just how they feel today. They make excuses like "the ball park was small" or Dolsi and Zumaya are better then Jones and when they get their chance and a healthy Todd Jones sits (Baltimore Game) both Dolsi and Z, get rocked and loose the game. Where are these jokers when they get taken to task. they refuse to admit they are wrong and its silly. There's no place for it. Then they result to little kid tactics and say things like you musy stroke Jones or be his kid. Sillyness because their mad they're wrong.

Bondomania
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
you are the one that immediatly points out when one of our other pitchers blows a save!!!! and it is true, oriole park is tiny, i am never said zoom wasn't to blame, i stated that i hate small ball parks, because every little fly ball has a chance to get out.. as far as facts, i gave you every important and relevant fact regarding todd jones.. and turns out he is in the lower half of closers in the AL..(go back to the first page, and find the post, there is tons of statiscal analysis to back up my argument, as well as everyone's).. i believe in turn that classifies you as not being very good.. or as they say on the street... he sucks.

the reason people say that is because you say things like don't ever talk **** about todd jones again and you stand up for him like you are his lover.. if zumaya blows a game or two i am sure people would be all over this board ripping zoom on how he is overrated and will never be an elite closer.. where as someone says one thing about jones and you immediatly come to his defense..

Sheffies Chef
07-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Once again silly statments. Our starting closer doesn't suck. He's ranked 9 best in the AL. He doesn't suck. He might not be what you would want, but if you think he sucks, you give none of our pitchers credit, nor our coach. I believe if we had someone better, then he would be in there. Unless you believe were not trying to win.

HAHAHAHA!!! There is only 14 teams in the A.L. That isn't a good argument. What other crap do you have?

BTW, Dolsi, Dolsi, Dolsi. I've been saying it to random tigers fans that Dolsi could closer and do it well. i also think Rods could do it successfully (he's done it in his past). i'm not ready to fully embrace the Zoom era as closer yet though.

We are also looking at George Sherrill, the all-star closer in Baltimore, rumor has it (MLBTRADERUMORS.COM). But that depends on whether Dolsi can pitch this weekend. Hell, everything about our buy, stand pat attitude depends on this weekend's series against CHW. if we win the series, look for a move or two (nothing major, just something to sure up to 'pen or rotation). if we loose the series, don't expect anything. DD has stated that we are not sellers.

So, Scottie... what's your fasination with Rollercoaster? Think his horrible facial hair is sexy :eyebrow:?

scottie
07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
you are the one that immediatly points out when one of our other pitchers blows a save!!!! and it is true, oriole park is tiny, i am never said zoom wasn't to blame, i stated that i hate small ball parks, because every little fly ball has a chance to get out.. as far as facts, i gave you every important and relevant fact regarding todd jones.. and turns out he is in the lower half of closers in the AL..(go back to the first page, and find the post, there is tons of statiscal analysis to back up my argument, as well as everyone's).. i believe in turn that classifies you as not being very good.. or as they say on the street... he sucks.

the reason people say that is because you say things like don't ever talk **** about todd jones again and you stand up for him like you are his lover.. if zumaya blows a game or two i am sure people would be all over this board ripping zoom on how he is overrated and will never be an elite closer.. where as someone says one thing about jones and you immediatly come to his defense..

you just make stuff up, loof for it kid, it isnt there.

scottie
07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
At the end of the season we'll see, wont we

SticklerOfRules
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
OmG he has done it again :(

Seamhead
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow.....just wow....

~Troy
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't know who I should be more mad at, Leyland for putting Jones in there with the lead in a big game or jones for doing what he has always done....choke.

scottie
07-25-2008, 10:08 PM
TO ALL FROM SCOTTIE,

THAT WAS ****ING TERRIBLE. :clap:

One Nut Kruk
07-25-2008, 10:15 PM
The worst closer in all of baseball does it again.

I'm not even mad. I was expecting it. The moment Quentin got on, all that went through my head was Dye homerun. How hard is it to hit batting practice fastballs Jermaine?

This fat piece of crap is a joke. Every time he blows one, it's a huge game. Can't wait til he's gone.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 02:39 AM
hahaha, what a choke artist.. he really made you look like a dick tonight scottie.. just wow

Sheffies Chef
07-26-2008, 11:00 PM
well don't hold back your true feelings people.