PDA

View Full Version : Iranian national team to Play D-League

kuktahamham
07-18-2008, 08:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3491090

I congratulate the NBA for doing this. Small things like this will ease up the tension between the two countries. The Americans cheese heads in the FO want to start yet ANOTHER war with the second strongest country in the region after Pakistan. They want to start a war because Iran wants to use nuclear energy for power(Which I must say is legal-France gets 80% of its energy from nuclear).
We in the middle east are in conflict all the time. Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, KSA, etc. etc.

It's amazing what a simple thing like basketball would do.

Thank you NBA

Gilbert>TheRest
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM
iran = da best country in da world

#24 Lakerland
07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I actually met some Iranian players in Dubai in Wild Wadi(Water Park) and told them if they ever want to lose they can call me up. I live close to their house.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Basketball is the answer to everything. :)

18colts29
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
^ :nod:

BigEric
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh boy...

STAT32
07-18-2008, 06:05 PM
How do you figure that Iran is more powerful than Israel? Israel is actually nuclear Iran is not at least not as of yet.

Canucklehead
07-18-2008, 06:30 PM
How do you figure that Iran is more powerful than Israel? Israel is actually nuclear Iran is not at least not as of yet.

He must mean within who the US might actually go to war against next :p

Canucklehead
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
and I call BS on the iranians only wanting to go nuclear for electricity

Afridi786
07-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Good, ease the tension somewhat, just don't hope some overly patriotic hicks do something to one of the players.

FC_4_life
07-19-2008, 09:22 PM

Tru dat!!!

Chaudhry
07-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Tru dat!!!

im actually trying to figure out if you guys are serious???????

on a serious note how about Hamed Hadadi... he's a 7'2 center... he put up
solid stats in Olympic qualifying(final against lebanon 31pts and 10rbs) in the d-league game he put up only 4pts but 12rebs and 4blks and against dallas in the rocky mountain revue he
put up 19pts 16reb and 2blks... and keep in mind his team never scored over 74 in these three games... any one think he has a chance at the NBA?

Chaudhry
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqJGGXAxmW0&feature=related
this is the only video of him i could find.. its the last few minutes of the
final for Olympic qualifying he has some range... just look for the really big guy
i think he gets like two shots from like 18 and 14ish i would say... not sure... video isn't great quality

stevefrancis
07-19-2008, 11:39 PM
right on cue you got the ignorant loser whose mad about how he looks and makes stereotypical jokes. yo greg get a life. its people like you that mess this world up.

lakers4sho
07-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Can't wait to see Jaber Bouzbahani perform against NBA players.

lakerboy
07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
right on cue you got the ignorant loser whose mad about how he looks and makes stereotypical jokes. yo greg get a life. its people like you that mess this world up.

Agreed. Go get a ****ing education.

Dashtary
07-20-2008, 01:47 AM
YEAH!! im persian so im happy lol

NYMets27
07-20-2008, 02:27 AM

bro the guiy ure talkin about a guy who is actually rite....i think ure the loser who says we should all hold hands an b friends....na thts bs this game doesnt change anything they r a freakin terrorist nation.

and people say were 2 violent and y we want 2 bomb them well i give u an easy analogy....wat if sum1 constantly was talkin smack about u a taunting u wat would u do step 2 them or try and play some b-ball with them? cmon i understand wat they r tryin 2 do but it doesnt work wen its with a country like tht

calll me ignorant i dnt give a flyin f just think about wat i said people and think like a men not a little toddler

STAT32
07-20-2008, 02:45 AM
^^^ Although I don't agree with how you presented yourself, I do agree with your opinion. Why should we be the ones taking the initiative with Iran?

Pretty soon Isreal and Iran will be at war, and basketball should be the furthest thing from our minds when it comes to Iran.

masud
07-20-2008, 02:45 AM

Iran and Israel aren't in the same region.

stevefrancis
07-20-2008, 09:54 AM
bro the guiy ure talkin about a guy who is actually rite....i think ure the loser who says we should all hold hands an b friends....na thts bs this game doesnt change anything they r a freakin terrorist nation.

and people say were 2 violent and y we want 2 bomb them well i give u an easy analogy....wat if sum1 constantly was talkin smack about u a taunting u wat would u do step 2 them or try and play some b-ball with them? cmon i understand wat they r tryin 2 do but it doesnt work wen its with a country like tht

calll me ignorant i dnt give a flyin f just think about wat i said people and think like a men not a little toddler

what i mean is that this is a freakin basketball forum and the topic is how the iran team is playin the d-league team. this should be about the games and players not polotics and racism. plus im muslim so i don't need people making stereotypical jokes at my race.

#24 Lakerland
07-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Jaber Rouzbhani is another Iranian player. He's 7'6 I believe. He was going to be drafted by the Blazers in 2003 or 2004 but they went with the Korean big center(forgot his name).

He played in the Asia Cup for basketball and he limited Yao to like 15 points.(Yao's dominant basketball layer in Asia)

#24 Lakerland
07-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Can't wait to see Jaber Bouzbahani perform against NBA players.
:rock:

rabzouz 96
07-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I wasn't joking... Oh and I have more knowledge on the subject of Middle East relations, and all the "good" Iran does in the middle east than you can imagine. I must be really stupid that's why our government trusts me to collect and analyze intel on just this subject.. If people in the US knew exactly how far Iran is willing to go to kill Americans and how many deaths IRAN is responsible for in IRAQ than people wouldn't be so happy that the NBA is making a good will gesture to those animals..

good for u sherlock

lakers4sho
07-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Jaber Rouzbhani is another Iranian player. He's 7'6 I believe. He was going to be drafted by the Blazers in 2003 or 2004 but they went with the Korean big center(forgot his name).

He played in the Asia Cup for basketball and he limited Yao to like 15 points.(Yao's dominant basketball layer in Asia)

It was Ha Seung-Jin, I believe.

Chaudhry
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
I wasn't joking... Oh and I have more knowledge on the subject of Middle East relations, and all the "good" Iran does in the middle east than you can imagine. I must be really stupid that's why our government trusts me to collect and analyze intel on just this subject.. If people in the US knew exactly how far Iran is willing to go to kill Americans and how many deaths IRAN is responsible for in IRAQ than people wouldn't be so happy that the NBA is making a good will gesture to those animals..

care to share this intel?

to be honest i have never heard of this guy before... but if you wiki him he is pretty impressive... 7'5 supposed to have a good touch inside 15 feet... good shot blocker... but compared to george murisan in terms of movement... he hasn't played though... so far the 2 games against mavs and d-leaguers he's been benched... coaches decision...

NYMets27
07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
i aint gonna crack jokes and just understand 2 me it doesnt make a difference if ure middle eastern...ure an american now and u need 2 look at it in our point of view this is just not something tht u should do

grega1976
07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
care to share this intel?

That would be highly illegal.. I'd like to keep my career..

ink
07-20-2008, 02:01 PM
what i mean is that this is a freakin basketball forum and the topic is how the iran team is playin the d-league team. this should be about the games and players not polotics and racism. plus im muslim so i don't need people making stereotypical jokes at my race .

QFT.

This is a sports forum and the racist post about the Iranian team has been deleted. There's zero tolerance for comments like that on PSD. Let's get the thread back on topic or it will be closed. It is not a political thread and we don't need insulting stereotypes.

stevefrancis
07-20-2008, 02:54 PM
thats what im saying.

ink
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
thats what im saying.

That's why I quoted your post and said QFT (Quoted for truth). :)

Anyway, back to the thread topic ... I think it's great that the NBA is doing this. It's a good gesture.

Hellcrooner
07-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Nba has don the RIGHT thing, does anybody really think that these basketball players are the ones ruling Irans government???

And to hell with that America should not make the first staep iran should blah bla blah blah SOMEONE HAS to oofer the hand in order for a HANDSHAKE.

Its also insulting to see how someone dubbed all the iranians "Animals" just because of what their leaders do, Would it be fair if i basing on Mr Bush behaviour would call all amercans, Drunken ignorant bastards? no it wouldnt be fair .

Its also amazing how some people try to analize such a difficult situation as it is the one in the middle east in only a few lines in a absketball forum and trying to separate the GOod guys and the bad guys.

You know? i have news for you , THERE IS NO SUCH A THING in that situation.
And of course its not the fault of General Population.

I wish somehow some alien could come down here and hang Osama, Alwaziri, and the presidents of ISRAEL, LEBANON; SYRIA; EGYPT; IRAN, IRAK, AFGANISTAN by their necks and let people speak to each other and work out a solution by themselves, instead of what those so called "leaders" do , wich is basically llok for PERSONAL PROFIT and GLORY.

BAsketabll wise, i woudl love to see ROUZHBANi play.

chicubs377
08-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Nba has don the RIGHT thing, does anybody really think that these basketball players are the ones ruling Irans government???

And to hell with that America should not make the first staep iran should blah bla blah blah SOMEONE HAS to oofer the hand in order for a HANDSHAKE.

Its also insulting to see how someone dubbed all the iranians "Animals" just because of what their leaders do, Would it be fair if i basing on Mr Bush behaviour would call all amercans, Drunken ignorant bastards? no it wouldnt be fair .

Its also amazing how some people try to analize such a difficult situation as it is the one in the middle east in only a few lines in a absketball forum and trying to separate the GOod guys and the bad guys.

You know? i have news for you , THERE IS NO SUCH A THING in that situation.
And of course its not the fault of General Population.

I wish somehow some alien could come down here and hang Osama, Alwaziri, and the presidents of ISRAEL, LEBANON; SYRIA; EGYPT; IRAN, IRAK, AFGANISTAN by their necks and let people speak to each other and work out a solution by themselves, instead of what those so called "leaders" do , wich is basically llok for PERSONAL PROFIT and GLORY.

BAsketabll wise, i woudl love to see ROUZHBANi play.

nice post alot of people fail to realize that the government of iran is a mafia that has taken over the country and the people have nothing to do with it....the people of iran can't speak out against them because they will be hung.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
good news