PDA

View Full Version : Official Rocky Mountain Revue Thread

futureman
07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm way excited for this thing to get started. I got me a bad case of withdrawls right now. This thread is to discuss what we see in the revue with those of us that may not live in the SLC area. Fans of participating teams can join us as well. I'm anxious to see how Koufos does and how well almond has improved.

HotRodsHair
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm right there with ya. I wish it was televised. I am most interested in seeing Koufos and Almond. I really, really want to see those two become important cogs this year. You have no idea how much better the Jazz would be if those two guys were for real.

As for Fess, I just hope he makes it to the season without getting cut. He just doesn't seem to get it.

futureman
07-19-2008, 08:32 AM
After last night which was pretty ugly, Fess is a complete disaster, 0 points,7 turnovers, and 4 fouls. I think he works only when someone is yanking his chain IMO. He probably spends his time being lazy and getting fat. Almond did ok he went 7/12 shooting had 17 pts. still alot of room for improvement. Koufos only had 2 points but at least he knows what he should be doing unlike fess.

Raupie
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Pathetic is all I have so say about the review so far. Almond has been average. Koufos has been overrated. Fez has been a joke.

We are getting spanked by teams on our own home court. I think we need to trade Almond and keep Miles. I'd take Miles over Almond anyday. Fez isn't a Sloan type player, but I think Koufos will be. So I'd get rid of Fez as well.

But Almond has been especially disappointing. I know wins and losses don't really matter, but as a Jazz fan, I'm a little embarrassed by my team's play.

HotRodsHair
07-21-2008, 07:37 AM
My only response would be that the Jazz team is essentially a Jazz team in jersey only. When you put two Jazz centers and a Jazz SG on a team with a collection of free agent prospects, particularly at the PG position, you don't really do much to help them shine. It's not like Deron is out there setting up the plays, running the offense and making sure those guys get the ball.

I learned long ago not to take the results of the review scores seriously. The one thing you can take from it, however, is knowing that Jazz draft picks who struggle to shine there have virtually no chance with the team.

jimbobjarree
07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
hey ive just watched a proper disjointed video of the Jazz winning (I think). good win?

futureman
07-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I think we really need to consider giving Hyrum fuller a tryout with us during the preseason. He is playing like the backup center that we need. I say we cut collins and replace him with fuller. If you've seen this guy play then you know what I'm talking about he is playing much better than koufos or fess.

chipurmunki
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
i haven't seen any revue games, but i have been paying attention to the recaps and box scores and such, and the only good game fuller had was game three against the iran team. i don't know if that qualifies as outperforming koufos or fess. what do we want out of a back up center? defense. fess has something like 6 more blocks than fuller or something like that. i wouldn't be worried about anyone now. this is the revue for crying out loud. it's not like the revue has anything to do with playoff position or homecourt advantage.

futureman
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
This guy is somewhat undersized but he totally destroyed brook lopez on the defensive end. He can also shoot free throws as well

Tisoykeis
07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I have been disappointed in Koufus....He is a LONG way away from contributing to the Jazz.