PDA

View Full Version : Ron to Dallas dead

GermanLakersFan
07-18-2008, 05:47 AM
The Sacramento Kings have expressed interest in acquiring Dallas Mavericks forward/guard Josh Howard in a trade for All-Star forward Ron Artest, but the Mavericks aren't interested, according to an NBA source.

The Mavericks reportedly were willing to offer forward Brandon Bass and guard Jerry Stackhouse for Artest. But the Kings wanted Howard included in the deal, halting the discussions.

Because the Mavericks won't budge on Howard, a potential trade for Artest is all but dead, the source said.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban declined comment in an e-mail to The Dallas Morning News

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/wfaa/stories/071808dnspomavslede.67662c0f.html

Hotone1401
07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Well that pretty much kills Ron Artest's trade value.^^^ I really don't see Ron Ron going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt the Lakers are willing to take a chance on the guy considering they haven't even given their team a shot at full strength yet. I say the Lakers also stick with Odom and Ron stays in Sac another year.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Well that pretty much kills Ron Artest's trade value.^^^ I really don't see Ron Ron going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt the Lakers are willing to take a chance on the guy considering they haven't even given their team a shot at full strength yet. I say the Lakers also stick with Odom and Ron stays in Sac another year.

It's more possible now.

oldenpolynice
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm glad the Kings didn't make that trade. That's a pathetic offer. Brandon Bass and Jerry "Washed Up" Stackhouse for one of the league's premier athletes?

Ron Artest is a knucklehead. No doubt about that. But he's worth a lot more than that.

#1Mavericksfan
07-18-2008, 06:13 PM
This is old news.....what's funny is that I heard the same thing about Jason Kidd and where is Jason Kidd now?...the only way I would trade Howard for Artest is if Artest signs a contract extension, Howard has 2 years left on his contract and the mavs don't wonna have Artest for one season and then he leaves and go somewhere else while Howard would still be playing for the Kings that's why they don't wonna put howard in the deal and I don't blame them.

TorontoRaptors4
07-18-2008, 06:30 PM
that was a big mistake for the mavs to decline the offer for artest and howard they couldve done that cause if they want a championship then there option is to let go of howard for artest cause it would make no sence for the mavs getting artest for bass and terry whats the lineup gonna be like?
kidd? ok
Gerald green or josh howard? makes no sence gerald green is improving
ron artest but this makes sence to put josh howard in sf?
ron artest mabe good for the mavs.

PrymaL
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM

This is true but you also have to remember PJ is our coach, he can deal with anyone. But yeah I think the Lakers wont make a big move with Odom until they try out the big 3 combination. I dunno if it will be for a whole year though, I can see them making a trade during the season.