PDA

View Full Version : Suns Need To Get Artest

-Juice-
07-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Leandro Barbosa
1st Round Pick

for

Ron Artest

Then the Suns need to bring in Livingston. He won't play this year, but give him a chance if you can get him for league minimum. Also, bring back Sean Marks. And maybe give Darius Miles a run. He said he is 100% and not only is it a low risk high reward type deal, if he plays 10 games the $9 million goes back to Portland.

So ya Kerr....get Artest, Livingston or Miles, Marks, and one more person.

gcoll
07-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Ron Artest is a fabulous player.

But he's wicked ****ing stupid.

theimortalone
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I would love to get Artest! We need a player like him! He would be what we need to win a championship!

Tom81
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Leandro Barbosa
1st Round Pick

for

Ron Artest

Then the Suns need to bring in Livingston. He won't play this year, but give him a chance if you can get him for league minimum. Also, bring back Sean Marks. And maybe give Darius Miles a run. He said he is 100% and not only is it a low risk high reward type deal, if he plays 10 games the $9 million goes back to Portland.

Dreaming

king4day
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Leandro Barbosa
1st Round Pick

for

Ron Artest

Barbosa and a 2nd maybe, but since that'd mean they don't want to pay Artest and he's already said he wishes he opted out, they won't be able to command as much.
We can't deal a first rounder till 2012 if I'm not mistaken, so that probably wouldn't interest them anyway.

Sarver won't waste over a million on a guy (Livingston) who could help us next year just so we have him. Maybe if this was baseball since there's the real minor leagues. Experts are already saying he won't be close to ready till after this year.

Miles, I'd like to see, but if we're risking 9 mil if he doesn't play 10 games then it would get really ugly financially for us.

I haven't heard anything on Marks yet. Skinner there was a smaller rumor that we may go to resign him.

king4day
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Trade rumors have swirled about Artest this summer. The Kings and Los Angeles Lakers were reportedly in talks about an Artest-for-Lamar Odom swap, but that has since fizzled. The San Antonio Spurs and Phoenix Suns also have shown interest.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071808dnspomavslede.67662c0f.html

I wasn't aware we actually expressed interest (during this offseason). Doubt it means anything, but if Dallas can all of a sudden get in the hunt, I see no reason we can't.

theimortalone
07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Make it happen Porter and Kerr!! Get rid of Barbs or Diaw!

STAT32
07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
The problem here is, to get Artest we have to trade Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw and we would recieve Ron Artest and Kenny Thomas to make the salaries match. So its really kind of a wash for both teams.

The only way Sacramento deals Artest is if they dump Kenny Thomas's contract as well. They wouldn't want to take on an even bigger contract in Boris Diaw.