PDA

View Full Version : Calm Down!!

Game_Over
07-18-2008, 02:45 AM
To all the AI fans, you guys are no doubt like me with Melo, I hate any trade rumor or letting him go!! Fact is though I really think this team is moving in a new direction without AI.. Has AI lived up to the hype well kinda this guy which no media person would think has been a class act off and on the court.. He has been great here what would you expect?? I just don't think it has brought us to were we should be, is that AI's fault not mostly but partly yeah.. AI is no doubt a top offensive talent but that isn't what the Nuggs need.. We drafted Melo and he is younger,cheaper, and the face of the Nuggs no matter what AI fans think.. We tried and it didn't work, I love AI but to all AI fans sorry to break the news he is gone after this year.. If he was coming back we would have worked some contract out for more years and less this year and if you don't see that your blind cause he wanted that!! Den has taken a lot of heat for saying the same thing but it is a fact!! I know next year we probably wont be much but we will have a lot of money to spend on what we need!! What we need is a point guard who can and will pass and a center that will be in the lane to free up Melo or JR and that is what this team needs and if we have to give up Camby and AI so be it!! Melo took us from nothing to a playoff team yeah one and out but what has AI brought us?? Look at what Melo does in the Olympics this year and you will see, he will be great with a good PG.. Quit hating the facts and just want whats best for the Nuggs and it wasn't Camby or AI even though we should have got more for Camby!!! With the $10 mil trade clause this still might be a great trade even still this year with AI!! Nuggs owners aren't the Rockies Owners so lets wait and see!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-18-2008, 03:51 AM
I'm sick of tha haters doubtin tha combo. I kno it hasn't worked out... YET. but give them 1 last chance. I really REALLY beleive these two can get it done together.

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm sick of tha haters doubtin tha combo. I kno it hasn't worked out... YET. but give them 1 last chance. I really REALLY beleive these two can get it done together.

I'm sick of my no longer believing that Melo-Iverson can deliver a championship as teammates being labeled as "AI hate".

I think they should be split up. That doesn't automatically mean I hate AI. And I really don't understand why so many people think it does.

Now, when the question turns to, "Well then who should stay and who should go if they get split up?", I do answer that Melo should stay and AI should go. But as I've said before repeatedly, if their ages and contracts were reversed, if Iverson were 24 getting paid $14 million and Melo were 33 getting paid $21 million, I'd be the first calling for Melo to get shipped out. But the reality is that Melo is younger, with a brighter future and a better contract.

So if pointing out AI's age and salary is hating him, then I'm guilty as charged. Beyond that, I've leveled criticisms at both him and Melo for their shortcomings, and I've heaped on praise when they've deserved it, too. I'm a fan of both players for real. But I'm a fan of the Nuggets more than either of them individually.

Thanks, G.O. :cool:

b_rock007
07-18-2008, 05:05 AM
I think the AI-melo thing is mute after the camby trade unless NENE lives up to his potential and whoever is the backup center is plays legit quality minutes to keep NENE from burning out. No team can go anywhere in the west without a really strong inside presence.

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 05:14 AM
Here's a serious question for those who still believe our star duo can win us rings:

Did you see an real progress in Melo and AI's play together over the course of the season? Do you honestly feel they were playing together more effectively in March/April than they were in November? Or even more effectively than they had been playing a year before that when we closed out the 2006-07 season 10-1? Because I don't. I still haven't forgotten about our losses to Seattle and Sacramento down the final stretch when we really needed those wins to move ahead in the playoff race (and if those are wins we play N.O. instead of L.A. in the first round, btw). I still haven't forgotten about how we'd probably have lost some of the closer games if JR and K-Mart (but especially JR) hadn't bailed us out, and that includes both of our final wins against Golden State that put us over the top, as well as some other big late season wins (Toronto, Phoenix).

If it was clearly demonstrable that AI and Melo were marching more or less steadily forward over the season, progressing from playing less well together to playing more effectively together, then I'd feel differently. But I just don't see that.

Youngddr20
07-18-2008, 06:09 AM
All I have to say is that they've only played 1 season and I guess a 1/2 together.

chaugh970
07-18-2008, 07:23 AM
stop beating a dead horse here. all you guys callin people ai or melo "haters", are you 12 years old? I'm a nuggets fan first, and I want sucess. if it means breakin up the duo to bring in 2-3 quality role /bench players so be it. you can go watch the overpaid ball hogs on some other team, life will go on.

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 07:43 AM
All I have to say is that they've only played 1 season and I guess a 1/2 together.

Fair enough.

But my response to that would be, how long did KG, Ray, and PP need to play together for them to click into a well-oiled machine? How long did it take Kobe and Gasol to mesh? Of the time Melo and AI have been together, 2/3 of it and 1/3 of it respectively. And look how much farther they got.

Sometimes something either works or it doesn't. Believe me, I'm just exactly the opposite of happy when I say this, because I wanted for so long to believe it could work, but in the case of Melo and AI, it doesn't. Sorry. :shrug:

mgthompson
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Fair enough.

But my response to that would be, how long did KG, Ray, and PP need to play together for them to click into a well-oiled machine? How long did it take Kobe and Gasol to mesh? Of the time Melo and AI have been together, 2/3 of it and 1/3 of it respectively. And look how much farther they got.

I agree that the AI-Melo combo is not working, but it is mostly do to the people around them and not them alone.

Boston and LA had much better role players that contibuted to the success of Gasol-Kobe and Pierce,Allen, and KG.
I know most people won't openly admit it but we had one of the worst benches in the league.

Yes, Kleiza and JR can score but we had no idea on which night. They were inconsistent. Outside of that we did not have bench scorers. We did not have defense. We did have hustle players, but our bench combo was not right for Melo and AI.

Don't get me wrong, JR is a part of our success but our bench line-up is not correct right now.

Either give them better compliments or dump the combo. I love them as players but I want to see a championship here in Denver more.

Kyben36
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Hinrich and Gordon for AI. Plane and simple. You get a good PG. NOT THE BEST but will probably give you 15 and 6 a night. Maybe more. if he gets minutes unlike chicago last year. and you get pretty much the same thing AI gave you. Points. about 20 of them either starting or off the bench. I offer you this becuase AI is a SG that can take heat off Rose for us and gives us an expireing contract. I feel like everyone wins. I know you guys wont give up Melo and thats why I am not stupid enogh to even try and bring that in here.

liliverson819
07-18-2008, 12:03 PM
theres no way we can compare KG Ray Ray and PP to Melo and AI.

The only real comparison there is Melo to PP. but besides that theres nothing KG will play defense and Ray Ray nos that hes just the shooter and PP nos that hes the do it all player.

For the Nuggets AI and Melo know one thing and one thing only... SHOOT THE BALL.

Nugget Tony
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
The fact of the matter is that the AI/Melo experiment will not work in the fassion that GK has decided to let it play out.....

You can not just throw those 2 or the enitire team out on the floor and tell them to run......

Sure it can put up points......but it doesnt fool the teams that can actually play Defense and have a half court game....

Melo is playing out of position...or more so...out of character if you ask me......He shouldnt be posting up all the time.....his game has pretty much become one dimensional....and we epect him to bet the double team for points......The defense doesnt play us honestly....

You guys all wathced last season.....We struggle on the offensive end for a shot.....we work the hardest of any NBA team just for a shot it seems....

Because we had no pressence in the middle of the paint.....it forced Melo to always be playing on the blocks....back down....turn around J's...or he would get mugged going to the hole.....where the dude really needs to learn to finsih a hell of alot better.....(Side note....Has anyone else noticed how much our team falls down going to the hole after a shot......?????? Please that is getting old.....watch the other team...they dont fall down all the time like we do..)

back on track now.....If Camby wasnt out at center court having a picknik all the damn time things may have been different.....or if we actually ran a offensive play once in awhile...maybe the AI/Melo thing would have worked.....

AI dribbeling all over the damn floor all the time....isnt a offensive play......get out and run...isnt an offensive play......Melo post up....wait for the pass....and play 1 man ball isnt an offensive play.....

It's almost boring to watch at times......except for the highlight dunks or whatever.....the team has become stale....sorta like the Broncos playbook under Plummer....Anyways....

If Nene..or whomever plays C this year....keeps the D honest....and GK actually coaches like he said he is going to.....things might be a little different this year......

So yes I do believe the FO is playing its cards with AI very close to it's chest and leaving all options open.....if it looks like the 2 are hitting it off this year....and things are looking up.....I could see them resigning him for the remainder of his career....but if it's more of the same....dude will be gone by the deadline.....or definately before that 10mil dollar trade exception runs out.....

I hope it works out that he stays...and we start winning championships....but if it doesnt.....oh well....I was never an AI fan before he came to Denver.....and hell just because your a Nugget doesnt make me a fan either.....most of you know that around here....lol

C-Dub
07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
There are things that contribute to them not working so far, it isnt just them, its the kind of game we play because
1. we had a soft center you forgot how to dunk
2. GK forgot how to coach and doesnt use enough players
3. the bench is inconsistent and sometimes not present at all
4. no PG.
You guys all say they cant work and other groups (celtics and lakers) are examples of why, look at their teams and coaches and how they play, would you expect anything less? If we had Phil Jackson we'd have won 3 championships in a row right after Melo came! Every year we DO GET BETTER. I dont get how you people can say its a failure. You can't say its it's either of the stars (AI or Melo or both's) fault because it isnt. They play their game because no one helps them or coaches them different. GK is so dumb and you all know if AI wasnt on the team and this same thing happened you'd only be blaming GK. Yeah, maybe after this season AI will leave, or maybe he wants to see if they keep getting better before he resigns for less, everyone knew Camby was on the way out, I'm sure he did too. He is a person and wants to see what happens just like us. I'd see if the team can get better too before I resigned for less money. Heck, Kobe didnt lower his salary now did he, they got better with it, and its a little more than AI's if I remember correctly. It's just like Kmart, his contract is more than it is worth but you guys learned to deal with it. Same with AI, only he can still play just as good as he used to. Oh, and does anyone remember his assist numbers from last season, 7, and playing at SG/PG. Why dont we move him to PG and start Smith. Who needs a PG. AI can score, steal (WHICH IS PLAYING DEFENSE,and it would be on players that are more his sizewhich makes it even better), and pass. What the **** more do you need from a guy that is 6'? AI and Melo can work. I bet if you gave them both to the Lakers for Kobe and Odom they could win, cuz look what they would have. I bet no one complains about Kobes salary. Da*n guys, think about the rest of the team and stop picking on the 2 that believe they can make it happen.

avsman05
07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
My question to the people that are saying AI should be gone is; Now that we don't have Camby anymore and we have 2 low post presence guys in hunter and nene why cant this work? This completely fits the team more. Are they a more talented team wo Camby heck no. But they do have what they need to be successful as long as these things happen.

AI
JR
Melo
KMART
NENE

get the most minutes. This lineup has somewhat of a defensive mentality and a low post presence on offense. As long as this is drilled into their heads by Karl.

Karl allows Melo to be substituted more and make him play hard on both sides and show him that Kleiza can come in and be a formidable backup.

AI needs to get at least 7 assists a game and lower his shots per game he doesnt need to average 26 for this team to win. He was the only player in Philly, now he has players around him that can play. ie JR Melo Kmart when healthy.

Kmart and Nene need to stay healthy for obvious reasons they are short in depth for the bigs and they need to makeup for Camby's rebounding and blocking abilities.

JR needs to keep working he showed last year that he couldn't stick with Kobe for crap in the playoffs. Get that D down you are 6'6 and ripped you should be able to its all about will.

Karl needs to stand by what he said HE NEEDS TO BE A HARD *** and not make HIS players pay attention to what HE is PREACHING!!!!

IF all of these things happen this team can and will do work. If not then this will be a long season.

Crunchy12489
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
stop beating a dead horse here. all you guys callin people ai or melo "haters", are you 12 years old? I'm a nuggets fan first, and I want sucess. if it means breakin up the duo to bring in 2-3 quality role /bench players so be it. you can go watch the overpaid ball hogs on some other team, life will go on.

I'm 20.

Anyway, I don't think the AI+Melo thing is going to continue... I agree, I think that this is his last year to bring in $$$. It would be amazing if he resigned with Denver, or Denver let him resign.

denversgm
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
My question to the people that are saying AI should be gone is; Now that we don't have Camby anymore and we have 2 low post presence guys in hunter and nene why cant this work? This completely fits the team more. Are they a more talented team wo Camby heck no. But they do have what they need to be successful as long as these things happen.

AI
JR
Melo
KMART
NENE

get the most minutes. This lineup has somewhat of a defensive mentality and a low post presence on offense. As long as this is drilled into their heads by Karl.

Karl allows Melo to be substituted more and make him play hard on both sides and show him that Kleiza can come in and be a formidable backup.

AI needs to get at least 7 assists a game and lower his shots per game he doesnt need to average 26 for this team to win. He was the only player in Philly, now he has players around him that can play. ie JR Melo Kmart when healthy.

Kmart and Nene need to stay healthy for obvious reasons they are short in depth for the bigs and they need to makeup for Camby's rebounding and blocking abilities.

JR needs to keep working he showed last year that he couldn't stick with Kobe for crap in the playoffs. Get that D down you are 6'6 and ripped you should be able to its all about will.

Karl needs to stand by what he said HE NEEDS TO BE A HARD *** and not make HIS players pay attention to what HE is PREACHING!!!!

IF all of these things happen this team can and will do work. If not then this will be a long season.

Dont forget AI needs to stop holding the DAMN BALL for 20 seconds

Crunchy12489
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Maybe he wouldn't hold the ball for 20 seconds if the team MOVES with him, sets picks, instead of sitting there watching him like a one-man show. I've seen times where K-Mart, Camby, and Melo looked like they were eating popcorn just watching the man.

It's true he does hold the ball, but there is a reason.

Youngddr20
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
boykins held the ball for 20 seconds, i don't think Iverson holds the ball for half that. I think we have the players to set up a better offense but who knows what karl can do. KG, PP, RA, they had one hell of a team. Kobe and Gasol, meshed well but still when you have a big guy down low and a guard, it doesn't take that long to get on tha same page. Iverson and Melo, play similiar and may take some time to figure out what works best. One thing, do you guys ever see melo and Iverson do a pick and role? I've seen it but it's not used enough. I feel our offense isn't right for the players we have. We have no point guard to really control of the game. Running running running is a good way to score points but then it's hurting us defensively. I think instead of blaming the players we need to start turning towards the way this are being run.

Crunchy12489
07-18-2008, 04:58 PM

I'll tell you one more thing.

I'd rather have AI holding the ball than AC, Camby, K-Mart, Nene, Eduardo, and JR.... Melo too...

JR and Melo only have one thought running through their mind when the ball is in their hands... SCORE

Most of the time, it's their bricks/turnovers that put the other team in transition....

Atleast AI will either pass the ball, score, or brick a shot... He's more reliable than anyone on the team as far as getting the offense started... But you didn't take this into consideration, no, you just like to point fingers and play the blame game like I stated before... And if it's anyone's fault in getting an offensive strategy started, it's Karl.

But let's continue to blame it on AI, hell he has one more year left on the contract. Let's keep blaming him why don't we. AI YOU SUCK, YOU'RE TERRIBLE, WE DON'T WANT YOU. :rolleyes: LET'S GIVE YOU HELL YOUR FINAL YEAR IN DENVER.

denversgm
07-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I'll tell you one more thing.

I'd rather have AI holding the ball than AC, Camby, K-Mart, Nene, Eduardo, and JR.... Melo too...

JR and Melo only have one thought running through their mind when the ball is in their hands... SCORE

Most of the time, it's their bricks/turnovers that put the other team in transition....

Atleast AI will either pass the ball, score, or brick a shot... He's more reliable than anyone on the team as far as getting the offense started... But you didn't take this into consideration, no, you just like to point fingers and play the blame game like I stated before... And if it's anyone's fault in getting an offensive strategy started, it's Karl.

But let's continue to blame it on AI, hell he has one more year left on the contract. Let's keep blaming him why don't we. AI YOU SUCK, YOU'RE TERRIBLE, WE DON'T WANT YOU. :rolleyes: LET'S GIVE YOU HELL YOUR FINAL YEAR IN DENVER.
you think i just blame AI huh well here u go.

Camby stop thinking ur sg and hanging out on the line and learn some one on one D.(dont have to worry about that now)
Melo Learn some damn D and move without the ball and learn to pass whne ur tripled team.
K-mart- stop taking shots ur a dunker
JR-need to be focused the whole year
Nene-stop coming to camp fat and start training.

Trust me i can go on. Now u have to agree if u have even a small amount of common sense that nobody should hold the DAMN BASKETBALL FOR 20SECONDS!!!:mad: (AND YES THAT INCLUDES AI)

And yes karl sucks at coach u will never hear me argue that but come on r u telling me (the guy who has a man crush on him) that AI is not smart enough to know that holding the ball that long can't help the team?

Jeff Boyd
07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
AI is a caner. This is comming from a Sixers fan.

Nuggets are done.

Clipper Nation
07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
AI and Mello could work if they had a solid pg that can defend and knock down an open shot as well as pass. Also need a solid center or PF and they just don't have the cap room because of the two contracts.

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
One of the Nuggets' biggest flaws on the offensive end is that we often appear to have to scheme, no real game plan, no set plays, no concept of organization.

I am of the opinion that there are two people who deserve most of the blame for this situation, and they are George Karl and Allen Iverson - in that order.

What's less clear to me is where Karl's portion of the blame stops and AI's begins. Obviously, AI's not responsible for planning what kind of offense to run, and Karl's not responsible for playing ball on the court.

Now I'll say right now that I do think the majority of the blame goes to Karl on this count. He's made no secret of it, really. He's often talked about how we have a "wild" or "loose" style. He's also specifically pointed to AI as a player who he doesn't want to limit by structuring too much. In practical terms he's basically expressed that he's given AI free reign to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

So if AI dominates the ball too much - and he does, or if AI runs the clock down by dribbling too much - and he does, or if AI runs around completely directionless not having any idea what he's going to do until he actually does it - and yeah, he does, then Karl shares part of the blame for that as well for giving him the go-ahead to play like that.

But that said, AI should know better, too.

Crunchy, you're totally right that Iverson's teammates end up standing around watching him dribble the ball left and right and up and down, just twiddling their thumbs waiting to see what he does. But I read that situation differently than you do. I think they're standing around because they have absolutely no idea what AI's going to do (probably since AI himself really doesn't know), and the result is that they, in turn, don't know what they should do, either.

So AI could go a long way in resolving this situation if he played a better role as a floor general, not only passing but passing in a timely fashion while there are 19 seconds left on the clock instead of 9, not only settling for easy passes along the arc but actually looking to feed the post, not only trying to find his own shot first every time, but looking to make plays for his teammates first sometimes, and use his ability to penetrate and draw offenses to him to create good scoring opportunities for his guys.

He needs to trust his crew, and stop playing like he's the only reliable guy on the team. If Karl's going to give him such a huge responsibility and let him play however he damn well pleases, then he damn well better find a way to run the offense, especially if he's going to insist on possessing the ball at least 50% of the time.

Or in other words, he needs to play point guard (and it's definitely not AI's fault that Karl was playing AC 25-30 minutes), but also when he's at the point he needs to really play like a point guard and shift into a truer pass-first mentality.

Karl's failure is not directing him to do this in the first place. AI's is - with his vast experience and his tremendous skills - not figuring out to do it on his own when entrusted to do so.

denversgm
07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
One of the Nuggets' biggest flaws on the offensive end is that we often appear to have to scheme, no real game plan, no set plays, no concept of organization.

I am of the opinion that there are two people who deserve most of the blame for this situation, and they are George Karl and Allen Iverson - in that order.

What's less clear to me is where Karl's portion of the blame stops and AI's begins. Obviously, AI's not responsible for planning what kind of offense to run, and Karl's not responsible for playing ball on the court.

Now I'll say right now that I do think the majority of the blame goes to Karl on this count. He's made no secret of it, really. He's often talked about how we have a "wild" or "loose" style. He's also specifically pointed to AI as a player who he doesn't want to limit by structuring too much. In practical terms he's basically expressed that he's given AI free reign to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

So if AI dominates the ball too much - and he does, or if AI runs the clock down by dribbling too much - and he does, or if AI runs around completely directionless not having any idea what he's going to do until he actually does it - and yeah, he does, then Karl shares part of the blame for that as well for giving him the go-ahead to play like that.

But that said, AI should know better, too.

Crunchy, you're totally right that Iverson's teammates end up standing around watching him dribble the ball left and right and up and down, just twiddling their thumbs waiting to see what he does. But I read that situation differently than you do. I think they're standing around because they have absolutely no idea what AI's going to do (probably since AI himself really doesn't know), and the result is that they, in turn, don't know what they should do, either.

So AI could go a long way in resolving this situation if he played a better role as a floor general, not only passing but passing in a timely fashion while there are 19 seconds left on the clock instead of 9, not only settling for easy passes along the arc but actually looking to feed the post, not only trying to find his own shot first every time, but looking to make plays for his teammates first sometimes, and use his ability to penetrate and draw offenses to him to create good scoring opportunities for his guys.

He needs to trust his crew, and stop playing like he's the only reliable guy on the team. If Karl's going to give him such a huge responsibility and let him play however he damn well pleases, then he damn well better find a way to run the offense, especially if he's going to insist on possessing the ball at least 50% of the time.

Or in other words, he needs to play point guard (and it's definitely not AI's fault that Karl was playing AC 25-30 minutes), but also when he's at the point he needs to really play like a point guard and shift into a truer pass-first mentality.

Karl's failure is not directing him to do this in the first place. AI's is - with his vast experience and his tremendous skills - not figuring out to do it on his own when entrusted to do so.

:clap::clap::clap: TY

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 08:55 PM
One last thing about Karl:

I think he's basically letting AI know that it's okay for him to play the way he's always played, which is to say the way he played in Philly.

But that really fails in Denver, because it's such a vastly different situation than in Philly, where AI basically was scoring option 1, 2 and 3 in a squad of defenders who were mostly there for picks, screens and rebounds.

In Denver of course AI has to share the court offensively with a true co-captain in Melo, which means increased distribution is a must.

avsman05
07-18-2008, 10:12 PM
One last thing about Karl:

I think he's basically letting AI know that it's okay for him to play the way he's always played, which is to say the way he played in Philly.

But that really fails in Denver, because it's such a vastly different situation than in Philly, where AI basically was scoring option 1, 2 and 3 in a squad of defenders who were mostly there for picks, screens and rebounds.

In Denver of course AI has to share the court offensively with a true co-captain in Melo, which means increased distribution is a must.

completely agree'd i just fail to see that a combination of 2 great players like melo and ai can not coexist. If they have the right team around them (right now they are missing a PG). I think they could go far.

kenny922
07-19-2008, 12:06 AM
I Agree With Everything U Guys Are Saying But I Feel That Ai And Melo Can Work But What Denver And All U Guys Have To Relize Is That Their Is No Structure To This Offense When U Have A Guy Like Ai At Point Now The Only Way Any One Can Really Judge This Team Is If We Got A True Point Who Can Hit Shots And Pass The Ball And Know How To Run And Offense.now Everyone Shoulden't Say This Cant Work Because It Actually Can I Dont Get Why Everyone Wants To Put This On Ai Or Melo When U Have A Coach That Wanna Play As If Its A Pick Up Game Gk Is Not Really Doing Anything To Help This Team Anybody Can Just Say Here's The Offense Ai Figure It Out Thats Why It Looks Like A Bunch Of Chickens With Their Heads Cut Off. U Look Most Of the teams In The Playoffs That Made It To The Secound Round Or Better They Had Four Things That We Dont Have
And Im Not Even Going To Put Defense On The List Cause We Already Know We Need That

1)a Coach That Has A Real F'ing Philosophy
2)a True Point Guard That Can Shoot
3)a Bench Thats Shows Up When It Counts
4)a True Post Presence

C-Dub
07-19-2008, 11:38 AM
your caps mess me up when im reading them, haha

kenny922
07-19-2008, 04:23 PM
your caps mess me up when im reading them, haha

LMAO I KNOW

DenButsu
07-19-2008, 07:54 PM
LMAO I KNOW

Then why don't you stop using them? :rolleyes:

Katspinal1313
07-19-2008, 11:00 PM
The fact of the matter is that the AI/Melo experiment will not work in the fassion that GK has decided to let it play out.....

You can not just throw those 2 or the enitire team out on the floor and tell them to run......

Sure it can put up points......but it doesnt fool the teams that can actually play Defense and have a half court game....

Melo is playing out of position...or more so...out of character if you ask me......He shouldnt be posting up all the time.....his game has pretty much become one dimensional....and we epect him to bet the double team for points......The defense doesnt play us honestly....

You guys all wathced last season.....We struggle on the offensive end for a shot.....we work the hardest of any NBA team just for a shot it seems....

Because we had no pressence in the middle of the paint.....it forced Melo to always be playing on the blocks....back down....turn around J's...or he would get mugged going to the hole.....where the dude really needs to learn to finsih a hell of alot better.....(Side note....Has anyone else noticed how much our team falls down going to the hole after a shot......?????? Please that is getting old.....watch the other team...they dont fall down all the time like we do..)

back on track now.....If Camby wasnt out at center court having a picknik all the damn time things may have been different.....or if we actually ran a offensive play once in awhile...maybe the AI/Melo thing would have worked.....

AI dribbeling all over the damn floor all the time....isnt a offensive play......get out and run...isnt an offensive play......Melo post up....wait for the pass....and play 1 man ball isnt an offensive play.....

It's almost boring to watch at times......except for the highlight dunks or whatever.....the team has become stale....sorta like the Broncos playbook under Plummer....Anyways....

If Nene..or whomever plays C this year....keeps the D honest....and GK actually coaches like he said he is going to.....things might be a little different this year......

So yes I do believe the FO is playing its cards with AI very close to it's chest and leaving all options open.....if it looks like the 2 are hitting it off this year....and things are looking up.....I could see them resigning him for the remainder of his career....but if it's more of the same....dude will be gone by the deadline.....or definately before that 10mil dollar trade exception runs out.....

I hope it works out that he stays...and we start winning championships....but if it doesnt.....oh well....I was never an AI fan before he came to Denver.....and hell just because your a Nugget doesnt make me a fan either.....most of you know that around here....lol

An inteligent fan.....Tony I actually agreed with everything u said. Im speachless. lol

Katspinal1313
07-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh and I know what would make the nuggets unstoppable. Run a pick and roll with the two stars.... I know some of u are going to say they do, but trust me I watch the nuggets a lot and the next time I see Carmelo set an actual pick will be the first time. I think it is the laziest biggest embarassment to Melo's game when he runs up and rolls off without even coming close to slowing the opposing teams defenders.... He really needs to sit down and watch a Karl Malone video. And I hated the Mailman sooooo thats how bad it is.......lol

DenButsu
07-20-2008, 06:05 AM
Oh and I know what would make the nuggets unstoppable. Run a pick and roll with the two stars....

Much truth to that. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jfjaNbUfqU)

C-Dub
07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
wow that was huge, i love nene haha

Crunchy12489
07-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Much truth to that. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jfjaNbUfqU)

Oh... My... God.