PDA

View Full Version : will kevin martin ever made allstars??????

roo3flash
07-18-2008, 02:06 AM
im a heat fan but i also like the kings and im just wonderin if kevin martin is ever going to make allstars. he puts up good numbers and isnt even consider for allstars

Iodine
07-18-2008, 02:31 AM
How does one Made Allstars?

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 02:37 AM
He isn't black?

He's half black. And getting 24 ppg on about 15 shots is pretty good. Also last year teams came at him trying to stop him and still improved his scoring.

If he didn't have to share shots with Artest and Bibby (some of the season) he would have averaged even more.

He could be an all star, we'll have to see how he develops. But there is no doubt that he is one of the most efficient scorers in the league and can get to the line at will.

sfgip10
07-18-2008, 02:39 AM
No. I think he is really overrated. He scores 20 points from a SG position in a horrible team. He is pretty talented for not being black but not an allstar in the tough west

*Cough*hater*Cough*

i think that Kmart will make All Stars at least once, last year he was in the top 10 in the NBA in scoring, top 5 in SG in scoring, Top 3 SG in the Western Conference. IM opinion, Kmart is sure as hell good eneough to make it at least once.

sfgip10
07-18-2008, 02:40 AM
oh and he was injured for 17 games

J2E
07-18-2008, 02:50 AM
i dont think so as long as kobe,tmac,and manu are in the west

IRUAM #21
07-18-2008, 02:50 AM
yes he will be an all star one day i actually think he is underrated

sfgip10
07-18-2008, 02:57 AM
i dont think so as long as kobe,tmac,and manu are in the west

tmacs on the decline, and who is better, Kmart or Ginobli? i say Kev.

*Superman*
07-18-2008, 02:58 AM

LOL, thats what i saw too. Dude might want to fix that error.

brandonwarne52
07-18-2008, 03:31 AM

He clearly needs to be banned for duplicate accounts. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/member.php?u=23464)

Iodine
07-18-2008, 03:32 AM
I agree

barreleffact
07-18-2008, 03:40 AM
lol...n no

sacgiants1213
07-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Kmart will go to multiple all star games. he's probably the most efficient player and as soon as he turns the kings into a respectable team....he will get the recognition that he deserves. Even if he turns out to a have a terrible career, i'll still stuff the ballot boxes to make sure he gets in.

kmart4mvp

brandonwarne52
07-18-2008, 03:54 AM
K-Mart? Isn't it a little late for that nickname?

barreleffact
07-18-2008, 03:56 AM
liol...he will never be voted into an all star game. he might be chosen by coaches but not fans....book my words. he will never be voted in

Iodine
07-18-2008, 03:57 AM
K-Mart? Isn't it a little late for that nickname?
Nevah

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 04:14 AM
He's had that nickname since he was in high school.

Faneik
07-18-2008, 05:09 AM
No. I think he is really overrated. He scores 20 points from a SG position in a horrible team. He is pretty talented for not being black but not an allstar in the tough west

Racist!

spurhead
07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
i think by the end of his career, he will be an allstar at least once. hes a pretty good scorer shooting high % on a bad team. hes a rising star and hopefully he getshis recognition

spurhead
07-18-2008, 06:39 AM

yur pretty racist.. why cant u jus say all players as one? instead of reasons b/c hes not black.. idiot

Faneik
07-18-2008, 07:18 AM
yur pretty racist.. why cant u jus say all players as one? instead of reasons b/c hes not black.. idiot

Yeah he is.

Anyone who judges players b/c of their skin color instead of their skills is a racist.

LakerzDQ
07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
he might, but right now, he's overlooked. The SG position is pretty stacked, and in all-star games, they'll always pick the big names.

I don't know, perhaps in the next few years, Kevin martin will be selecteed.

Knicks845
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Ginobli > Kevin Martin. Ginobli is deff. Better than kevin martin, but I think kevin martin will make a play off team.

Zefflin
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
He will make at least one all-star game, he gets better every year. I say he'll make it this year.

RapsFan4Life
07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
tmacs on the decline, and who is better, Kmart or Ginobli? i say Kev.

your dumb, t mac is EXPLOSIVE and not declining, and i would take manu over Kmart any day, Kmart settles too much for shots, although he is a great shooter people want a character as all star someone to light up the show, you can not compare him to tracy, kobe, vince, manu, etc. he has no silky moves, just shoots, efficient but there are so many better all star choices, he needs to imrove toughness and defense as well as driving and slashing, then we can talk about all star

RapsFan4Life
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah he is.

Anyone who judges players b/c of their skin color instead of their skills is a racist.

all I have to say is Larry bird, white players can be good too, naturally I think black players are tougher ... yes that steriotypically but its true, but there is no reason you can say if Kmart was black he would make it that is simply not true, if he was tougher and more flashy maybe he would make an all star team, but the nba is not racist ... 2 back to back MVP starting all star west pg ... for the Suns, Stevennnnn .... (white guy) ... NASH!

150ways
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM

BEFORE YOU GO SPREADING RUMORS AND WRITING A CHECK YOUR AZZ CANT CASH LEARN THE FACTS FIRST HE IS BLACK AND HES FROM ZANESVILLE, OH NOT TELL HIS BIZ! BUT WHAT DID RACE HAVE TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY SO YOU MEANS TO TELL ME IF YOUR WHITE YOUR LESS TALANTED THIS IS WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL IGNORATE! BEING A BLACK MEN THAT JUST STRUCK A NERVE! PS HE WILL BE A ALLSTAR IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
im guessing he was just making the comment due to the fact that the NBA IS 80% BLACK. Ginobli, Nash, and Dirk are all us white ppl got. And there from argentina, canada, and germany respectively.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
im guessing he was just making the comment due to the fact that the NBA IS 80% BLACK. Ginobli, Nash, and Dirk are all us white ppl got. And there from argentina, canada, and germany respectively.

That was exactly what he was implying. People are just acting stupid. Its just like somebody saying. Damn, that dude is pretty good at hockey to be a black dude. I wouldn't take offense. That's not our sport. And i'm not saying white guys don't have a place in basketball, its just that the sport is mostly dominated by black people. And to see a white dude w/ game (I know K Mart is half black) is not the norm. I love Mike Millers game. He's one of the sickest white dudes i've ever seen. I love watching him play because he can really ball.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
hes underrated unless he moved to a different team a big name team he wont make an allstar team, ron artest steals his shine

LA_Raiders
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
He will one day as a coach pick, He is good....

DQL
07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
He has no chance. The West has Kobe, T-Mac, Nash, Paul, Deron, Manu, Parker, Roy, B-Diddy, AI (and even Ellis and Mayo) fighting for 4 or 5 spots

BigEric
07-18-2008, 01:29 PM
He has no chance. The West has Kobe, T-Mac, Nash, Paul, Deron, Manu, Parker, Roy, B-Diddy, AI (and even Ellis and Mayo) fighting for 4 or 5 spots

Ellis will not be better than Martin. Martin will show everyone this year that he deserves a spot!

chicagowhitesox
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I believe so. He's an All-Star talent, so he'll eventually make it.

style-206
07-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Who let Kenyon Martin hijack the thread.

Kevin Martin is decidedly not K-Mart. He is far too good for a nickname denoting bottom tier goods.

mariotubes
07-18-2008, 01:45 PM
now he wont ever "made" all stars

style-206
07-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Since when are Nash, CP3, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Diddy 2-Guards?

And Mayo? Seriously?

Seriously?

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
is all about hype and he aint getting hype

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Since when are Nash, CP3, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Diddy 2-Guards?

And Mayo? Seriously?

Seriously?

Its not about being a 2 guard in all star selection. They group guards and forwards in one category. If Nash, Paul, Willams and Parker are the best guards and get the most votes, they all go to the game w/ no true 2. How many PF's did the West used to send to the game? Duncan, Dirk, Garnett...

obrpunk
07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
he will make it one day. kobe will always get the start (prob til he retires), but i see no reason he won't get a coaches vote if he keeps improving...

DQL
07-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Ellis will not be better than Martin. Martin will show everyone this year that he deserves a spot!

Not in the West where is loaded w/ great guards. If he is traded to the East then maybe. He must improve his games b/c he's way too one-dimensional. Scoring is not the only standard of voting

Hotone1401
07-18-2008, 02:15 PM
There is no way he ever makes it to the All-Star game. The West is just flooded with very good guards. Besides that, Kevin Martin isn't that good. The kid can't create his own offense and he doesn't play any defense. He is basically a spot up shooter and a decent slasher. IMO alot of you guys are definitely overrating him if you think he should or will become an All-Star when comparing him to other guards in the West.

Btw, Monta Ellis is two times the player Kevin Martin is.

Hotone1401
07-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Ellis is already better than Martin and his game is still growing. Kevin Martin isn't even the best player on his own team.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I would say it's pretty impressive that Kevin Martin scores 24 points and was either 6th or 7th in the league in scoring and he wasn't even the 1st option on his team. Artest can be a black hole sometimes.

Also I would argue that Monta's scoring average is inflated considering the Warriors have an up tempo game and put up a lot of points.

soda_popinski
07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Let's be realistic. He started putting up 20+ppg last year. He did it again this year but only played 2 games in Dec. Moreover he plays in a small market and they are not a playoff contender so that even lessens the chances for him to be voted in. He's like the Ray Allen when he was in Mil and Sea. You know he can play but he gets overshadowed by big market teams and more atletic players.

Catfish1314
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Two years from now, when Manu has declined too much and T-Mac is no longer playing in the West, Kevin Martin should be an All-Star. By then, he will be even better than he is now and the Kings should actually be relevant. He'll still have to compete with Kobe and Brandon Roy, but he'll have a good chance that's for sure.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
If Michael Redd can make an all star team, then I think a in prime Kevin Martin can as well.

ee
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
They need to be a playoff team.....coaches votes for players who makes a difference and losing doesn't qualify him as a difference maker yet.....At least slip in the 8th, get the talks going, right now the Kings are a laughing stock so coaches don't usually vote for a losing teams best player....

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't call a 38 win team that had Mike Bibby, Ron Artest, and Kevin Martin all out with injuries for awhile a laughing stock. They also are in a very tough conference. They would make the playoffs in the East.

Dirk4theW1n
07-18-2008, 05:02 PM
nope

FarOutIos
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Kevin is efficient, multi-talented and obviously a great team basketball player... but he is unspectacular. In todays game, the me-first types are the ones who get voted in. Kevin does need to be a little more aggressive on the offensive end... and that will help his chances.

I think he will get on at least one all star team, probably after another couple of solid seasons. And more likely as a result of coaches selection.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:27 PM
I think he can make it. He is still young so he still ahs time to grow. Once the SGs in the West are done, K-Mart will make it. He isn't talked about a lot so that may be a obstacle in getting votes but coaches should be able to see his potential and talent when they are facing Sacramento.

Catfish1314
07-18-2008, 05:29 PM
They need to be a playoff team.....coaches votes for players who makes a difference and losing doesn't qualify him as a difference maker yet.....At least slip in the 8th, get the talks going, right now the Kings are a laughing stock so coaches don't usually vote for a losing teams best player....

Pardon? 38-44 in the West with Artest and Martin combined missing nearly 50 games is a laughing stock? Hmm. Then what are the Nets? :eyebrow:

Tyrus Thomas
07-18-2008, 05:43 PM
It is going to be really hard for him in the West with it so stacked at the guard position. You have Kobe, T-Mac, Manu, Kidd, Williams, CP3, Mayo, Davis, AI, and Roy. Then when all of the old timers are on the decline you still have Williams, Cp3, MAyo, Roy, Bayless, Westbrook, and Barbosa. He can make it but it will be really hard.

Kings Faithful
07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah there is a lot of hating on the Kings going on...Kings are not a laughing stock by any means. Kevin Martin will make the All-Star team if the Kings rise to power again which we will at some point as long as Kevin Stays but until then we arn't given enough media attention for people to notice K-Mart. And for people who say K-Mart is overrated...its exactly the opposite. K-Mart is completely underrated by the rest of the leagues fans and burns the best defenders teams have to offer on a nightly basis. I wouldn't even trade K-Mart for T-Mac or Kobe if it was offered. I love the guy.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah there is a lot of hating on the Kings going on...Kings are not a laughing stock by any means. Kevin Martin will make the All-Star team if the Kings rise to power again which we will at some point as long as Kevin Stays but until then we arn't given enough media attention for people to notice K-Mart. And for people who say K-Mart is overrated...its exactly the opposite. K-Mart is completely underrated by the rest of the leagues fans and burns the best defenders teams have to offer on a nightly basis. I wouldn't even trade K-Mart for T-Mac or Kobe if it was offered. I love the guy.

K-Mart is one of my favorite players, don't get me wrong but saying you wouldn't trade him for the Kobe is a little much.

ee
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Pardon? 38-44 in the West with Artest and Martin combined missing nearly 50 games is a laughing stock? Hmm. Then what are the Nets? :eyebrow:

If 11th in your conference and a 38-44 record is such an accomplishment for you then I guess you guys aren't a laughing stock for fans with low standards.....

Nets 34win record is part of us rebuilding and giving up the last 2 months of the season......

Catfish1314
07-18-2008, 06:44 PM
If 11th in your conference and a 38-44 record is such an accomplishment for you then I guess you guys aren't a laughing stock for fans with low standards.....

It is an accomplishment when your two best players play in 61 and 57 games respectively, some of those games missed together. Nevermind we also had a rookie coach at the reigns.

Nets 34win record is part of us rebuilding and giving up the last 2 months of the season......

And what did you think the Kings were doing at the end of the season? Trying to make the playoffs? We were out of that picture halfway into March.

ee
07-18-2008, 06:49 PM
And what did you think the Kings were doing at the end of the season? Trying to make the playoffs? We were out of that picture halfway into March.

That's what I meant when I said a laughing stock......Teams don't get intimidated one bit when they enter your building, Nets were the same way.....It's like a walk in the park coz the teams have given up......

It's like, what's the schedule, oh we're facing the nets then the Kings, then teams and fans are like, oh, nice.......;)

In order for Martin to be recognize as an allstar by the coaches, your team have to be somewhat good in their minds, a team that intimidates at least a little.....

Catfish1314
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=ee;5918189]That's what I meant when I said a laughing stock......Teams don't get intimidated one bit when they enter your building, Nets were the same way.....It's like a walk in the park coz the teams have given up......

It's like, what's the schedule, oh we're facing the nets then the Kings, then teams and fans are like, oh, nice.......;)[\QUOTE]

Oh ok then. My bad. Just not a fan of the term "laughing stock". I prefer something more traditional like "punching bag". :)

Kings Faithful
07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
K-Mart is one of my favorite players, don't get me wrong but saying you wouldn't trade him for the Kobe is a little much.

Yeah, i dont give a **** about kobe. I wouldnt want to win a championship with him, no joke.

Kings Faithful
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
That's what I meant when I said a laughing stock......Teams don't get intimidated one bit when they enter your building, Nets were the same way.....It's like a walk in the park coz the teams have given up......

It's like, what's the schedule, oh we're facing the nets then the Kings, then teams and fans are like, oh, nice.......;)

In order for Martin to be recognize as an allstar by the coaches, your team have to be somewhat good in their minds, a team that intimidates at least a little.....

The Kings were really underrated by the rest of the league and I agree with what you said about fans of other teams not taking us seriously, but they really should have. With our starters healthy most of our wins came from really really tough teams (Mavs,Lakers,Rockets,Jazz,Hornets, Spurs..ect) including us beating the number 1 seeded team (whoever it was at the time) about 8-10 times or something along those lines. Its the crap teams we sucked against. Plus we have Artest, he's pretty intimidating just by himself. haha

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 07:26 PM

I would say the Knicks are a "laughing stock." Since they spend tons of money, but don't win. I wouldn't group the Kings with the Knicks.

SDDodger
07-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Kevin MArting is definitely one of the most under-rated players in the NBA. People outside of the Western Conference who do not see him play regularly have no idea as evidenced by people saying he settles for shots. Are you kidding? He was 5th in the league in Free Throws attempted per game, and you call that settling. Not many people in the league move better than he does without the ball and he is easily the most efficient scorer in the league. He takes less shots per game then anyone else in the top 10 in scoring with Amare Stoudamire being the only one even close.

Maybe people should watch the guy play before posting about him.

Vinny642
07-19-2008, 01:26 AM
He deserves to but he is only good in one stats catergory. Scoring. He is good everywhere but he isn't gonna show it on his stats. He should've been in last years All Star game for Roy.

Chi-Town Finest
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Simply put, yes he will make an all-star appearance.