PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if Orlando never traded T-Mac..

NYstateofMinD
07-18-2008, 12:46 AM
what team do you see being better?

Houston

Pg R.Alston/B.Jackson/A.Brooks/S.Francis
SG T-Mac/L.Head
SF S.Battier/S.Novak
PF L.Scola/C.Hayes/C.Landry
C Y.Ming/D.Mutombo

Orlando

PG J.Nelson/C.Arroyo/K.Dooling
SG T.Mac/K.Bogans/M.Evans/J.J.Redick
SF H.Turkoglu/?
PF T.Battie/?
C D.Howard

Which team do you thing would be better, and have more of a chance to come out as champions?

lakers4sho
07-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Houston

SG T-Mac/L.Head
SF S.Battier/S.Novak
C Y.Ming/D.Mutombo

Orlando

SF H.Turkoglu/?
PF T.Battie/?
C D.Howard

Which team do you thing would be better, and have more of a chance to come out as champions?

both teams have T-Mac?? :confused:

NYstateofMinD
07-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I was saying which team do you think is better...the Rockets now or the Magic if the trade never happened?

STAT32
07-18-2008, 12:54 AM
I voted Houston and here's why, they went on a 22 game win streak for a reason, when healthy they really are that good. Problem is they just need to get healthy for one full season.

Wade3
07-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Id say Orlando you have T-Mac and Howard and Turgoulou

jetsfan28
07-18-2008, 12:59 AM
I'd say if Orlando had T-Mac still then they wouldn't have plenty of the players they do now.

lakers4sho
07-18-2008, 01:00 AM
It's gonna come down to Yao vs. Dwight Howard matchup

:D :D :D

richardle9
07-18-2008, 01:01 AM
thats a hard question because before we had tmac we had a stevie franchise in his prime, cuttino mobley, and yao

PhxGiant
07-18-2008, 01:20 AM
I'd say if Orlando had T-Mac still then they wouldn't have plenty of the players they do now.

That's exactly right, if they had T-mac this whole time, chances are they wouldnt have been in position to draft Howard.

ARMIN12NBA
07-18-2008, 01:40 AM
This is a ridiculous thread that should be closed...

I'll tell you what would have happened if Orlando never traded McGrady... then they would NOT have Howard, Rashard Lewis, or Hedo. With Tracy, the Magic would not have had the worst record in the NBA so there would be no Dwight Howard.

The Magic are better off not trading T-Mac. This is a pointless thread because it doesn't take into account the fact that T-Mac= no Howard, Hedo, or Lewis.

BH-Sports
07-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Is everyone forgetting about Rashard Lewis on the Magics?

mariotubes
07-18-2008, 02:03 AM
people are forgetting that orlando has rashard lewis and mikael pietrus now... but like everyones bin sayin, if orlando still had tmac they wouldnt have howard, lewis etc...

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Holly crap. What if Shaq never left!!

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-18-2008, 02:17 AM

Houston

SG T-Mac/L.Head
SF S.Battier/S.Novak
C Y.Ming/D.Mutombo

Orlando

SF H.Turkoglu/?
PF T.Battie/?
C D.Howard

PG T Mac
SG Penny
SF H.Turkoglu
PF D. Howard
C Shaq

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::s peechless:

Cali4rnia
07-18-2008, 02:18 AM
if they had t-mac they cant have d-howard cuz they wouldn't be in the draft lottery

Reezy
07-18-2008, 02:24 AM
if they had t-mac they cant have d-howard cuz they wouldn't be in the draft lottery
Not true. McGrady last played for Orlando in the 2003-2004 season and because of that trainwreck of a season, the Magic got first overall and picked Dwight Howard. If McGrady would've stayed they would've played together. Easily.

*Superman*
07-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Not true. McGrady last played for Orlando in the 2003-2004 season and because of that trainwreck of a season, the Magic got first overall and picked Dwight Howard. If McGrady would've stayed they would've played together. Easily.

Thanks for clearing it up man, what he said is true. So it would have been Tmac and Dwight VS what it is now, Tmac and Yao and the better team is Tmac and Dwight and Tmac would have been out of the 1st round by now if he had stayed.

What people dont realize is that Tmac wanted the Magic to trade the pick for veteran players to team up with him and later on that would have meant trading D-12, so i rather have Tmac gone than D-12 gone.:D
But we could have done what the Lakers did with Kobe and that was not trading Tmac and keeping him here, but the GM was to much of an idiot to think about that.

fresh3def
07-18-2008, 03:05 AM
i would say orlando. nelson, lewis, t-mac, turgolu and howard. on if they lost the same games to get howard and them

Nets fan 93
07-18-2008, 03:11 AM
Exactly:clap:

Reezy
07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Exactly:clap:

Afraid not. Check out my earlier post.

Master Mind
07-18-2008, 04:13 AM
PG T Mac
SG Penny
SF H.Turkoglu
PF D. Howard
C Shaq

:speechless::speechless:

PG-Penny
SG-T-Mac
SF-Lewis
PF-Howard
C-Shaq

:speechless::speechless:

{}
07-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Id say Orlando you have T-Mac and Howard and Turgoulou

Which doesn't amount to much more than say Howard, Turk and Lewis. Orlando would still lose in the first or second round. D.Howard needs to learn how to dominate on offense and be capable of more than dunking spoon fed assists at the rim. His overall offense is a joke.

Master Mind
07-18-2008, 05:04 AM
Which doesn't amount to much more than say Howard, Turk and Lewis. Orlando would still lose in the first or second round. D.Howard needs to learn how to dominate on offense and be capable of more than dunking spoon fed assists at the rim. His overall offense is a joke.

Whats with the sig guy:confused:...:pity:

Er1c
07-18-2008, 05:33 AM
i say orlando. biig three! lOL

spurhead
07-18-2008, 06:26 AM
then the magics would never pass the 1st round because they have t-mac lol

NYstateofMinD
07-18-2008, 06:49 AM
WOw people are forgetting they get Dwight Howard the same year T-Mac was traded....they didnt get to play a single game because T-Mac did not want to play on a rebuilding team..

NYstateofMinD
07-18-2008, 06:52 AM
That same year T-Mac got traded they just got Turkoglu as well, the only player they would not have gotten was Rashard Lewis and I would rather have Tracy then him anyway.

TIZZLE
07-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Its ORL by far you are all dumb if they kept tmac they still would have got howard cause they were 21-61 the last year tmac was there and tmac didnt want to be part of a rebuilding team so they traded him

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:31 AM

I'll tell you what would have happened if Orlando never traded McGrady... then they would NOT have Howard, Rashard Lewis, or Hedo. With Tracy, the Magic would not have had the worst record in the NBA so there would be no Dwight Howard.

The Magic are better off not trading T-Mac. This is a pointless thread because it doesn't take into account the fact that T-Mac= no Howard, Hedo, or Lewis.

Not entirely. The Rockets got T-mac in 2005 from a trade and Dwight was in the league at that time.
The Magic wouldn't have Rashard that is for sure but the rest of the lineup looks ok.

$ NyC $
07-18-2008, 07:35 AM
yea id say Magic...especially since you 4got to add Rashard Lewis to the depth chart..could Dwight Howard ask for better players to spread the floor so he could do what he do better than t-mac R. Lewis nd Hedo...his numbers would go up and so would his teammates..

haha never kno could have started becoming an assist monster just throwing them the ball for the jumper..and average a tripple dub

loll 22ppg 14 rpg 10 aspg 2 bpg 1 spg i would definately say MVP lolll

RapsFan4Life
07-18-2008, 07:38 AM
I must throw this in there, imagin if Raps kept Tmac instead of VC... jose, t-mac, jamario, CB, JO

Noreaga
07-18-2008, 07:50 AM
id say both teams would suck and first round exits everytime in the playoffs....T-Mac doesnt show up when the game is on the line=OVERRATED

BALLER71
07-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I believe that if they had T-Mac the point forward :laugh: they wouldn't have the best Center in the league.

TMAC94
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
but would have orlando gottten dwight?

Buckwheat
07-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Pointless.

Most of the other stuff with the team wouldn't have happened.

mjrballer13
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM

yea they would've, the year they got howard was tracys last yr. they went 21-61 that yr nd lost like 18 str8 i think

mjrballer13
07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
this is a pointless thread but, they couldda had t-mac and howard in 04-05

WillisLovechild
07-18-2008, 10:03 AM
if t-mac was never traded, the magic would be better.

Raptors27
07-18-2008, 11:48 AM
T-Mac in Orlando i'd say.

DeShaun Brown
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM

Exactly what I was going to say

NYKnickFanatic
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
If the Magic still had T-Mac, how do you know they would have been in the lottery to draft Dwight 'The Mighty' Howard?

LA_Raiders
07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
They are about the same...I go with Orlando because they play in the Easy...

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 12:32 PM
If the Magic still had T-Mac, how do you know they would have been in the lottery to draft Dwight 'The Mighty' Howard?

Because they got Dwight Howard while T-mac was still on the roster. They picked Dwight #1 and then later on traded t-mac.

Cali4rnia
07-18-2008, 12:35 PM
yea they would've, the year they got howard was tracys last yr. they went 21-61 that yr nd lost like 18 str8 i think

yeah thats true but hey its mcgrady's luck lol he said he is finally happy to pass first round against detroits when orl were up 3 n 1 and detroit came back.. soon as mcgrady left, orlando got good karma... i am just playing... i like t-mac he is cool.

Black_Mamba_24
07-18-2008, 12:44 PM
That's exactly right, if they had T-mac this whole time, chances are they wouldnt have been in position to draft Howard.

The summer they drafted Dwight was the same summer they traded T-mac. So they could have had both of them together. But if I remeber right if T-mac had stayed they were planning on drafting Emeka Okafor(Not sure if that is how you spell it)

Black_Mamba_24
07-18-2008, 12:48 PM
What people dont realize is that Tmac wanted the Magic to trade the pick for veteran players to team up with him and later on that would have meant trading D-12, so i rather have Tmac gone than D-12 gone.:D
But we could have done what the Lakers did with Kobe and that was not trading Tmac and keeping him here, but the GM was to much of an idiot to think about that.

Thats not true T-mac was a free agent the following year and demanded the trade. he said he didn't care what the did with the draft pick he didn't want to stay. Kobe still had 2 years before he could opt out

Ragun
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
I still like Houston.

leftymo
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM

Oh but they did finish with the worst record in the NBA with Tmac on their team!

ZHawk1123
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Imagine if the Celtics still had Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson and Vitaly Potapenko... That'd be soooooooo cool... And Calbert Cheaney... And Brian Hunter

Chauncey/Rondo
Joe Johnson/Ray Allen
Paul Pierce/Cheaney
Kevin Garnett/Brian Hunter
Perk/Vitaly

They'd be SO good!!!!!! I wish they didn't get rid of those guys... Darn!

chicagowhitesox
07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
All Orlando needs is a quality SG. If they added T-Mac, they'd be one of the best teams in the NBA.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
All Orlando needs is a quality SG. If they added T-Mac, they'd be one of the best teams in the NBA.

:confused:

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Houston would've been the better team because if Orlando hadn't traded T-Mac, they wouldn't have got Howard and company.

NYstateofMinD
07-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow please close my thread..its full of most people that dont even read the thread or know what they are talking about. The summer Tracy left they got Hedo, Nelson, Dwight. The only people they wouldn't have on that team now is Rashard because they woulnt have the cap to sign him with Tracy gone...this was supposed to be a fun thread but whatever.

goku
07-18-2008, 06:08 PM

they would because orlando was horrible 03-04 season but if they had t-mac they most likely wouldnt have hedo because t-mac runs point forward

ManRam
07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, the Magic probably wouldn't have Howard, Nelson, or Hedo...so this is really a pointless thread. But I'd take the Magic. Howard/T-Mac/Hedo/Nelson >>Yao/T-Mac/Battier/Alston.

mightymouse407
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
u people are idiots get ur facts str8 the magic had the worst record with t-mac and he demanded a trade instead of staying and playing with the #1 pick that turned out 2 be dwight howard so really t-mac choose 2 play with yao instead of dwight what an idiot thats y u wont get out of the 1st round. hahahahaha

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-25-2008, 11:16 PM
damn i sure bet orlando regreted trading t mac for steve franchise

orlando wouldve been doing really good especially in the east

KB24PG16
07-26-2008, 02:45 AM

exactly