PDA

View Full Version : Are Bulls Fans putting too much pressure on Derrick Rose to be great?

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 12:04 AM
It seems that many Bulls fans are expecting Derrick Rose to be one of the best players in the league in the near future. While that certainly can be true, it seems many are overhyping him when he hasn't even played a game in the league.

Even when guys like Carmelo and Wade had been rumored in trades, many Bulls fans say they wouldn't have traded Rose for those guys and I thought was insane.

With that in mind, does it seem Bulls fans are putting too much pressure on Derrick Rose to be great?

Thoughts!!!

bball1217
07-18-2008, 12:19 AM
well don't expect him to be the next MJ, however bulls fans should expect the Chicago native to be a great player and be the leader of the bulls for a long time. So, he won't be like MJ in stats, but in leadership yes.

AMC31
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
i believe he is getting more pressure then he should, one rookie is not going to change a team.

kntresistheheat
07-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I just hope he is not like a person that the bulls also drafted and had high hopes, also was a stud in duke and then got to a motorcycle accedent! I think his name was (williams)???

Derick713
07-18-2008, 01:19 AM
It doesn't help Rose when Mayo and Bayless are putting up good numbers in summer league. Rose was the number one pick and that automatically creates pressure. I think the Bulls will miss the playoffs this season because to many teams have made more meaningful additions. Rose didn't have a great summer league and many fans will get caught up in the numbers Mayo and Bayless put up. Even Donte Greene and others have been impressive. Rose has put a lot of pressure on himself to lead a Bulls team that still has the same weakness it did last year. If Michael Beasley, Brook Lopez, or another low post player ends up being great the Bulls will have a lot off explaining to do.

When I watch Rose I think that he has the greatest chance to be the bust of the 2008 draft. It's not his fault but the analysts who basically put him in the category off Kidd, Paul, and Williams. Rose is still a project and was picked number one because of his athleticism and maturity. Rose may end up being a great player but it will take some time unless he's really that good. Paxson may lose his job because the Bulls have to go through growing pains. Bullís fans arenít known for patience and will boo Rose if he isnít playing at the level of a franchise player.

ROSE SAID THAT ONE OF HIS GOALS WAS TO BE THE MVP IN HIS FIRST SEASON. HEARD THAT ON PTI WHICH IS ON ESPN.

Playoffs Seeds
1.)Celtics
2.)Pistons
3.)Magic
4.)Raptors
5.)76ers
6.)Cavs
7.)Heat
8.)Bucks

Hawks
Pacers
Nets
Bulls
Knicks

Derick713
07-18-2008, 01:29 AM
The Bulls needed a superstar go to guy. A low post presence that could score down low and command double teams. The Bulls passed on Beasley, Mayo, and Lopez for a potential superstar. The Bulls may have been pressured to take Rose since most everyone said they would be crazy to pass on Rose. The Bulls may have lost fans if they didn't draft Rose. If Beasley, Mayo, Lopez, Love, Greene, Bayless, or others have great seasons that will put a lot of pressure on Rose to equal his fellow rookies. Rose picked a bad year to be the number one pick because there are a lot of great players that could end up being better than him.

mariotubes
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
everyones acting like hes the next michael jordan... newsflash folks, he aint

Hazardous-taz
07-18-2008, 02:17 AM
You can't really mention the summer league for Rose. The guy was playing with a sore knee and only played two games. He did show flashes of greatness though, and his second game was pretty good. I'm sure he would've been really good if he played another game. Plus, a lot of the awkwardness Rose experienced in his games could be directly linked to the offense rookie coach Vinny Del Negro created.

nstachowski
07-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Hes no michael jordan, but any #1 pick is going to get too much pressure put on him

Shieldsz
07-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Not just bulls fans, i think everyone. I think this year will be a MEH year for him and he'll break out his 2nd season. Don't expect TOO much from him, hes very young still.

Afridi786
07-18-2008, 02:27 AM
He should be great, thats why we drafted him no1, if everybody would be expecting anything less than great he wouldn't have been drafted first overall.

ARMIN12NBA
07-18-2008, 02:53 AM
I actually don't think so. Many Bulls fans on PSD (JordansBulls) as well as Bulls fans I know outside of PSD are not expecting him to be great his first year or second. They are thinking of Hinrich to have the starting job and for Rose to ease his way along. Anyways, being picked #1, you have to expect pressure on you and you have to absorb that pressure and perform to the best of your abilities and I'm sure Rose can do that.

arlubas
07-18-2008, 03:11 AM
All #1 overall picks get such pressure on their shoulders. At least Rose has the talent to back that pick up unlike guys like Kandi man, Kwame and Bargnani. Oh and I would embrace that supposed "pressure" anyday if it meant getting paid millions to be the man on an NBA team. You can't have it all your way in this life.

I Am Awesome-O
07-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Being a die-hard Memphis Tiger fan, I saw Derrick play every game last year in person, well at least every home game. I know for a fact that he will be an elite player in this league and the leader of the Bulls for years to come. Every game he played, he improved dramatically. Just watching him, you know that there are only a handful of players in the world that compare to him athletically. He is virtually impossible to stay in front of.

But what amazed me the most about him was how he lead the team through the tournament. I guarantee you that the Tigers would not have made it to the championship game without him, even with superstars like CDR and Joey Dorsey. We had that same team that was in the championship the year before that, but with Willie Kemp running the point, even though he's naturally a very undersized 2-guard. But Derrick took us over the top. I've never seen performances like his in the NCAA tournament before; he was just unstoppable and he took over every game until the Kansas game. It was amazing to watch. But the reason he didn't take over the Kansas game was because our backup point, Andre Allen, got suspended indefinitely a couple days before the game, so Derrick had to play the entire game and, with all of the emotional and physical beating he had taken throughout the tournament, he was just too tired and in too much pain to take over. He also had stomach pains the day before the game. But hey, we still almost won that one; we just choked.

All I'm saying is that people just need to give him time. He has all of the talent and athletic ability in the world, and he wants to be great. But coming in the NBA as a rookie point guard that is 19 years old is really hard to do, and I've never seen anyone do it and play well. He may play very well this year, but that is just scratching the surface of what he can be. In 2 or three years, though, he will be one of the elite players in this league and will be mentioned as one of the best point guards in the league, in the same breath as Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Steve Nash. What I think he will turn out to be is a freak athlete version of Jason Kidd, which translates into a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer. He will be one for the ages.

barreleffact
07-18-2008, 03:40 AM
honestly, the entire nba world: media, fans, and most likely himself, is putting too much pressure on him. i believe they drafted him num 1 over all, for a different reason than most are taking into account. being a chicago native, he can keep people coming to the stands and that may have been the biggest reason they chose him. besides that, he was chosen because of the body he has to go along with his skill set. his body is extremely rare to find in a point guard. however, he was not chosen for his skill as much as for his potential. everyone said bayless and augustine, to name a few, were over him skill wise. he has a lot to prove esp being the num 1 pic overall. i agree with sum1 that said he is the most likely bust, but thats because outside the ncaa tourney, he wasnt statistically too impressive, and he doesnt seem agressive at all. scratch that, he isnt. its known he prefers to pass which is great. but he also has to be able to take advantage of his body and be the bodyguard that baron davis is and dunk on people like another chi town area native....d wade. if he can become agressive, he may live up to his hype, but dont try to rush it with these improbable expectations.

NJrockPD
07-18-2008, 03:45 AM
I actually don't think so. Many Bulls fans on PSD (JordansBulls) as well as Bulls fans I know outside of PSD are not expecting him to be great his first year or second. They are thinking of Hinrich to have the starting job and for Rose to ease his way along. Anyways, being picked #1, you have to expect pressure on you and you have to absorb that pressure and perform to the best of your abilities and I'm sure Rose can do that.

I agree the pressure is to be expected and even more so because we passed on Michael Beasley who was the expected #1 so there is a lot of pressure to not only earn that #1 spot but also to show you made the right choice not going with the crazy scoring ability of Beas. Majority of the bulls fans i know think that Kirk will be traded, which i think is insane because if you want to put pressure on a rookie point guard, a good way is to have no other true point guards on the roster. Bulls fans on PSD seem to think that rose will be the starter off the bat and that ben gordon, thabo, and Larry Huges can handle the point when rose is on the bench. again i think this is insane but if Pax and VDN have this same mindset and then do trade kirk, the pressure will be a lot more intense for D. Rose in the very near future.

ARMIN12NBA
07-18-2008, 05:06 AM
I agree the pressure is to be expected and even more so because we passed on Michael Beasley who was the expected #1 so there is a lot of pressure to not only earn that #1 spot but also to show you made the right choice not going with the crazy scoring ability of Beas. Majority of the bulls fans i know think that Kirk will be traded, which i think is insane because if you want to put pressure on a rookie point guard, a good way is to have no other true point guards on the roster. Bulls fans on PSD seem to think that rose will be the starter off the bat and that ben gordon, thabo, and Larry Huges can handle the point when rose is on the bench. again i think this is insane but if Pax and VDN have this same mindset and then do trade kirk, the pressure will be a lot more intense for D. Rose in the very near future.

If they trade Hinrich then the pressure would be very immense and Bulls fans would expect a lot of him and especially Bulls managements puts the pressure on him. Hinrich was a solid PG who had his struggles, but was solid and if the Bulls trade him then Rose will have a lot more pressure on him than before.

But, like I said, all #1 picks have that pressure and they have to accept it and use it as motivation. I agree that him being picked before Beasley adds more pressure as well as the fact that Chicago is a big market. Rose said he likes pressure. We will see how he handles it come late October.

nyyfan4life
07-18-2008, 05:23 AM
I don't really know how much pressure the Bulls fans are putting on Rose but the fact is that a lot of pressure will automatically be generated when you are a #1 overall pick.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I don't really know how much pressure the Bulls fans are putting on Rose but the fact is that a lot of pressure will automatically be generated when you are a #1 overall pick.

I don't think Bargnani had a lot of pressure on him.

BALLER71
07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah I think this is due to Chris Paul's great season.
Everyone will have those expectations for all PGs that go in the Lottery, everyone wants the next Chris Paul.

However I believe it's absurd that they wouldn't want to trade a project player for a guy like Melo or even Wade

LakerzDQ
07-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I think Bynum gets the most pressure. Everyone's saying "next year when Bynum returns... etc etc", if Bynum's reading articles and browsing forums, he'd be freaked out by how much us Laker fans are counting on him.

Rose gets some pressure too, but I think so did every other 1st picks of the draft.

BALLER71
07-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I felt like Bargniani didn't have much pressure on him :shrug:

ahua
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
It seems that many Bulls fans are expecting Derrick Rose to be one of the best players in the league in the near future. While that certainly can be true, it seems many are overhyping him when he hasn't even played a game in the league.

Even when guys like Carmelo and Wade had been rumored in trades, many Bulls fans say they wouldn't have traded Rose for those guys and I thought was insane.

With that in mind, does it seem Bulls fans are putting too much pressure on Derrick Rose to be great?

Thoughts!!!

Sometimes i can't figure you out man. Carmelo is a proven and established scorer who will probably never win big in the NBA because he refuses to play defense and gets too caught up in who gets to be "the man" on the team instead of leading. Further, he keeps getting in trouble with stupid stuff like DUI's and suspensions for fighting that cost his team games. IMO there is nothing insane about desiring Rose (a player with enormous potential who has shown an ability to win and dominate his position at every level he's played at on both ends of the floor, and who has an infinitely better attitude than 'Mello) over the so called "super star" in Carmelo who has been rumored to be on the trading block.

I am inclined to agree with you a little more when it comes to Wade because he has demonstrated the ability to lead and win in the NBA. The problem I have with Wade is that it's difficult at this point to not say that he's injury prone. He just is. After 3 major surgeries in his 5 yr career it's just a fact.

So with that in mind, I think it's a stretch to suggest that it's insane to turn down trade overtures for either of those players. As to your question about the level of pressure on Rose, I offer this. Fans are what they are. Fan-atics. It's largely the job of the fanatic to be a little over the top when it comes to what they hope to see from their favorite teams and their players. If they didn't do that, teams that had no realistic hope of winning games wouldn't have anyone watching them play. So even in places like NY and Chicago where being a fan is as much religion as hobby, they can put all the pressure they want on a player to succeed. My problem is when fans start calling a player a bum, assassinating their character or wishing ill on them. The fact is that if Rose has the talent to be the #1 selection in the draft, he will show it. If not, the Bulls made a mistake in their choice. Either way, unless fans start to attack Rose rather than declaring their hope for him to be good, I couldn't care less how much "pressure" fans put on him. It's Derrick Rose's job to do what he is employed to do at the best of his ability. What the fans want from him and when they want it should have no bearing on his ability to perform at his highest potential.

Oh and on a side note, for those who pointed out that Bargnani didn't have a lot of pressure put on him . . . I agree for 2 reasons. First, the Raptors already had a dominant big man in Bosh, and second, because I don't think anyone really expected Bargnani to be a star. He was drafted purely on potential and a position of need for his team. Had another team had the first pick in that years draft, it is doubtful that Bargnani would have been the first pick.

jtrinaldi
07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Hes no michael jordan, but any #1 pick is going to get too much pressure put on him

Bogut had no pressure

Ph1lly Diehard
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes he is, because when we have all the threads of playoff seedings, the Bulls are always in the top 9 teams, and supposedly the reason why is because they have Derrick Rose..

He won't make them change into a playoff team that fast.

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I Dont think D.Rose is a bad player but i get the feeling hes going to somewhat be a bust.. I Expect Bayless, Westbrook, and Augustine to all be better pgs in the NBA. Rose is expected 2 turn this team around but theyll be righ back in the lottery again next season. rose is quick, and can penetrate, but this isnt college. He cant shoot. I Dont think hes going to be anywhere near as good as he was at Memphis. maybe im wrong thats just how i feel

ahua
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes he is, because when we have all the threads of playoff seedings, the Bulls are always in the top 9 teams, and supposedly the reason why is because they have Derrick Rose..

He won't make them change into a playoff team that fast.

I'm pretty sure that post makes no sense. If you are trying to say that Rose won't help the Bulls get into the playoffs this season, then I say that it remains to be seen. One thing to keep in mind though is that in one season, the Bulls went from being an Eastern Conference favorite to a lottery team without changing their lineup much. If VDN is a good coach and Rose is ready to provide some leadership, the Bulls can have a big turnaround. There are plenty of reasons for the Bulls to believe they can make the playoffs, and there are reasons to believe that Rose can help.

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Boston
Detroit
Clevland
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Washington
those are seven teams clearly better than the bulls....Leaving the bulls with the 8th spot..

i think the nets are better than the bulls, Miami and The bucks got much better and are better than the bulls aswell as the hawks who were the 8th seed last year.. Derrick Rose will do nothing special this season

Oden or Beasley will be ROY

DamnGoat
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Uh, shouldn't you expect a #1 pick to be great?

I mean nobody wants him be Kwame Brown or anything, but most guys are taken #1 overall b/c they're expected to be great.

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Derrick Rose would probably be best off doing similar to what Deron Williams did as a rookie. Playing as a backup, learning the ropes, not getting thrown into the fire right away. But Deron Williams wasn't the #1 pick. Deron Williams wasn't playing with tremendous expectations in his hometown. And Deron Williams had 3 years of college experience to prepare himself for the NBA. I hope the Bulls handle this the right way. If they can't get a good deal for Hinrich this summer, then they should have Rose start the season as his backup PG.

rico
07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
i say no.

i agree with othe rpeoples. all #1 (or expected 1 that dropped to #2) people expect to be great. and i believe D Rose will be one of the top 3 PG's in the league in a few years.

He definately has to grow in his game in the NBA, but even if he is great he wont be 'the next jordan' there will NEVER be another jordan E V E R. Kobe wont be Lebron wont be (although imo lebron = closer than kobe if you were to measure) ..

So yeah as a bulls fan i dont think he has pressure. I just hope we can somehow acquire a star/go to scorer and keep our good roleplayers to make the team the best it can be. We may have to wait until 2010, but this team has been without a star since jordan left the franchise and weve been to the playoffs the past few years without a star (except last year).

The whole east got better so its going to be tough, but you never know, if we can get okafor or josh smith in chicago that could totally change things for the bulls and the playoffs this year.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM

I mean nobody wants him be Kwame Brown or anything, but most guys are taken #1 overall b/c they're expected to be great.

Bogut and Bargnani weren't and this is with guys like CP3, Deron and Roy in the draft.

ahua
07-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Agreed DG. You pick the guy at #1 who you expect to be the best. That's why I can't understand why fans should be restrained in what they expect from a guy who is supposed to be the best available player coming in.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I am inclined to agree with you a little more when it comes to Wade because he has demonstrated the ability to lead and win in the NBA. The problem I have with Wade is that it's difficult at this point to not say that he's injury prone. He just is. After 3 major surgeries in his 5 yr career it's just a fact.

Two procedures that took place during the same time. Wade hasn't had 3 surgeries. 1 procedure on his knee and shoulder that never fully healed. He could have finished this year if we had something to play for, but we didn't. So we shut him down an allowed him to become 100% this year (which he is) so he can come out and prove you doubters wrong. That process will begin in less than a month.

Anyway, back to the topic. Derrick will be aight. Most of the Bulls fans know he won't be dominant in his first year. He's still a potential player that will shine in his 2nd and 3rd years. If he is as hard of a worker as they say, he'll be over his learning curve by midseason. The man is a winner, simple and plain. He won in high school and he won in college. I don't expect anything less from him in the pro's.

ahua
07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Two procedures that took place during the same time. Wade hasn't had 3 surgeries. 1 procedure on his knee and shoulder that never fully healed. He could have finished this year if we had something to play for, but we didn't. So we shut him down an allowed him to become 100% this year (which he is) so he can come out and prove you doubters wrong. That process will begin in less than a month.

Anyway, back to the topic. Derrick will be aight. Most of the Bulls fans know he won't be dominant in his first year. He's still a potential player that will shine in his 2nd and 3rd years. If he is as hard of a worker as they say, he'll be over his learning curve by midseason. The man is a winner, simple and plain. He won in high school and he won in college. I don't expect anything less from him in the pro's.

Pretty good post as far as your evaluation of Rose, but umm... just so you know...

2007–08
After missing the Tournament of Americas Olympic Qualifiers over the summer, Miami's eight pre-season games and first seven regular season games to recover from off-season left knee and left shoulder surgeries, Wade made his first appearance of the 2007-08 season on November 14, 2007.[38] Battling pain in his left knee throughout the season,[39] Wade was elected to his fourth consecutive All-Star Game appearance.[40] However, with the Heat holding the worst record in the NBA and Wade still experiencing problems in his left knee, Heat coach Pat Riley announced Wade would miss the final 21 games of the season to undergo OssaTron treatment on his left knee.[41] Wade averaged 24.6 points, 6.9 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.7 steals per game for the season.[35]

3. OssaTRon is a procedure that while not invasive, is like surgery when it comes to evaluating the seriousness of an injury. If OssaTron were not available, invasive surgery would be the only alternative for Wade to try to help him with his chronically injured knee. That's is only the actual surgeries and major treatments. These facts don't even include the other games Wade has missed due to injury and illness. So while you might technically be able to say that Wade only went under the knife once in two different areas of his body, you cannot say that he hasn't had to deal with a career history and a number of fairly major injuries.

I expect Wade to continue to be a major force in the NBA and believe his talent to be superior to most. The fact remains however that D-Wade is an injury prone player.

ackar
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes

NJrockPD
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I think Bynum gets the most pressure. Everyone's saying "next year when Bynum returns... etc etc", if Bynum's reading articles and browsing forums, he'd be freaked out by how much us Laker fans are counting on him.

Rose gets some pressure too, but I think so did every other 1st picks of the draft.

The pressure should be on him because he knows that soon everyone is going to realize how terrible he is. Bynum is the most overratted player in the NBA by far.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Pretty good post as far as your evaluation of Rose, but umm... just so you know...

2007–08
After missing the Tournament of Americas Olympic Qualifiers over the summer, Miami's eight pre-season games and first seven regular season games to recover from off-season left knee and left shoulder surgeries, Wade made his first appearance of the 2007-08 season on November 14, 2007.[38] Battling pain in his left knee throughout the season,[39] Wade was elected to his fourth consecutive All-Star Game appearance.[40] However, with the Heat holding the worst record in the NBA and Wade still experiencing problems in his left knee, Heat coach Pat Riley announced Wade would miss the final 21 games of the season to undergo OssaTron treatment on his left knee.[41] Wade averaged 24.6 points, 6.9 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.7 steals per game for the season.[35]

3. OssaTRon is a procedure that while not invasive, is like surgery when it comes to evaluating the seriousness of an injury. If OssaTron were not available, invasive surgery would be the only alternative for Wade to try to help him with his chronically injured knee. That's is only the actual surgeries and major treatments. These facts don't even include the other games Wade has missed due to injury and illness. So while you might technically be able to say that Wade only went under the knife once in two different areas of his body, you cannot say that he hasn't had to deal with a career history and a number of fairly major injuries.

I expect Wade to continue to be a major force in the NBA and believe his talent to be superior to most. The fact remains however that D-Wade is an injury prone player.

Everybody knew about the shock treatment that he got after the season. That's not a mystery or new discovery. The knee and shoulder procedures are the only injuries that have caused him to miss a significant amount of time throughout his career. He chose to rehab the shoulder when it was dislocated, instead of having the surgery immediately. Waiting until May of that year to have the surgeries and then rushing back not giving it the proper amount of time to heal. Had he had the surgeries in February of that year, he would have been ready to go in October. What player plays at 100%? Didn't Kobe battle through sprained ankles and a torn ligament in his finger? But he had something to play for, so he did. Nobody plays at 100% throughout the season, its not possible. What player hasn't missed games due to injury and illness? Are humans immune to injury and illness? Wade has only had 1 major injury in his career. The shoulder and knee surgeries which were never given the proper amount of time to heal. He's been working w/ Tim Grover (Michael Jordans career long trainer) all summer and Grover stated that Wade will be the most explosive he's ever been in his career. Wade says he feels better than he's ever felt in his life. Jerry Colangelo would not have given him a spot on the olympic team if he wasn't good to go. And even hurt Wade is better than 95% of the league. I don't have anything else to say. But when Wade comes back on heads this year, its going to be hilarious to see all these top 5 lists w/ him back in his rightful position.

DeShaun Brown
07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes. Can he handle it? I think he can.

ahua
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Everybody knew about the shock treatment that he got after the season. That's not a mystery or new discovery. The knee and shoulder procedures are the only injuries that have caused him to miss a significant amount of time throughout his career. He chose to rehab the shoulder when it was dislocated, instead of having the surgery immediately. Waiting until May of that year to have the surgeries and then rushing back not giving it the proper amount of time to heal. Had he had the surgeries in February of that year, he would have been ready to go in October. What player plays at 100%? Didn't Kobe battle through sprained ankles and a torn ligament in his finger? But he had something to play for, so he did. Nobody plays at 100% throughout the season, its not possible. What player hasn't missed games due to injury and illness? Are humans immune to injury and illness? Wade has only had 1 major injury in his career. The shoulder and knee surgeries which were never given the proper amount of time to heal. He's been working w/ Tim Grover (Michael Jordans career long trainer) all summer and Grover stated that Wade will be the most explosive he's ever been in his career. Wade says he feels better than he's ever felt in his life. Jerry Colangelo would not have given him a spot on the olympic team if he wasn't good to go. And even hurt Wade is better than 95% of the league. I don't have anything else to say. But when Wade comes back on heads this year, its going to be hilarious to see all these top 5 lists w/ him back in his rightful position.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned that I believe Wade to be a top player in the league and that I expect him to return to performing like one. None of what you said changes the fact that Dwayne Wade is an injury prone player. Has gamely fought through many of those injuries and still performed at a high level. Even so, Wade gets injured often and it is undeniable. In the past two seasons alone Wade has missed 59 games due to injury. That is injury prone.

In an attempt to make this post relevant to the thread, Rose was selected as the #1 player in this year's draft because the Bulls management think he will be able to handle the pressure of leading a young and talented team in the direction they want to go. Fans don't have the ability to put too much pressure on him. They can expect the world from him. It makes no difference. Rose will either show himself worthy of being the top pick or he won't. Simple as that.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I guess you missed the part where I mentioned that I believe Wade to be a top player in the league and that I expect him to return to performing like one. None of what you said changes the fact that Dwayne Wade is an injury prone player. Has gamely fought through many of those injuries and still performed at a high level. Even so, Wade gets injured often and it is undeniable. In the past two seasons alone Wade has missed 59 games due to injury. That is injury prone.

In an attempt to make this post relevant to the thread, Rose was selected as the #1 player in this year's draft because the Bulls management think he will be able to handle the pressure of leading a young and talented team in the direction they want to go. Fans don't have the ability to put too much pressure on him. They can expect the world from him. It makes no difference. Rose will either show himself worthy of being the top pick or he won't. Simple as that.

I'm not going to keep debating w/ you about something that you clearly can't accept. How can you be INJURY PRONE, when the injury that caused you to miss time was never healed completely. I can see if he injured his shoulder, came back and injured it again. But that's not the case. Wade never missed significant time w/ any ailment until Battier dislocated his shoulder. Wade could have finished last season, but we had nothing to play for. That would have dropped that 59 nines down to at least 38. That being most of the games that he missed due the dislocation in the first place.

chicagowhitesox
07-18-2008, 01:45 PM
When you are the #1 overall pick, you are automatically expected to be able to do some things.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
i think he will be a average pg nothing special,the bulls is going to regret not taking beasley he got star written all over him.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 02:57 PM
i think he will be a average pg nothing special,the bulls is going to regret not taking beasley he got star written all over him.

I'm not sold on Beasley either.

DLeeicious
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
honestly, the entire nba world: media, fans, and most likely himself, is putting too much pressure on him. i believe they drafted him num 1 over all, for a different reason than most are taking into account. being a chicago native, he can keep people coming to the stands and that may have been the biggest reason they chose him. besides that, he was chosen because of the body he has to go along with his skill set. his body is extremely rare to find in a point guard. however, he was not chosen for his skill as much as for his potential. everyone said bayless and augustine, to name a few, were over him skill wise. he has a lot to prove esp being the num 1 pic overall. i agree with sum1 that said he is the most likely bust, but thats because outside the ncaa tourney, he wasnt statistically too impressive, and he doesnt seem agressive at all. scratch that, he isnt. its known he prefers to pass which is great. but he also has to be able to take advantage of his body and be the bodyguard that baron davis is and dunk on people like another chi town area native....d wade. if he can become agressive, he may live up to his hype, but dont try to rush it with these improbable expectations.

Dude the Bulls sell out every single game, they certainly did not draft Rose to sell more tickets.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
One thing about Beasley is, he has 2 other stars to carry him. Rose will have to be the man at some point this season. While Beasley can play the Butler to D Wades Batman and Marion's Robin. Rose will have to be Batman at some point this year. Its funny how people aren't sold on the two best players out of the deepest draft since 2003.

ahua
07-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not going to keep debating w/ you about something that you clearly can't accept. How can you be INJURY PRONE, when the injury that caused you to miss time was never healed completely. I can see if he injured his shoulder, came back and injured it again. But that's not the case. Wade never missed significant time w/ any ailment until Battier dislocated his shoulder. Wade could have finished last season, but we had nothing to play for. That would have dropped that 59 nines down to at least 38. That being most of the games that he missed due the dislocation in the first place.

Because Captain Italics, I said that the shoulder and knee injuries are only the most serious incarnations of Wade's injury proneness. You can even go to a site as non basketball as wikipedia to find that Wade has endured a myriad of illness and injury in his 5 year career. That is why I said that he gamely fought through some of them. The fact that he has had his two most major injuries at the same time has little to do with my argument. It's not that you are debating something that I can't accept. It's that your argument is weak and wrong. Just because Wade has not been forced to sit out games because of some of his injuries doesn't mean he isn't more prone to them than others. You made the argument that everybody in the NBA plays hurt. That part I agree with. However Wade either gets a disproportionate amount of them or his injuries are covered way too much in the media. Either way, the fact remains that Wade gets injured a lot and is therefore i n j u r y p r o n e.

by the way i just used italics properly for you. thought you might want to see how it's done.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 03:38 PM
i think they are putting a little pressure on him, they expect him to be the next big player now that jordan is gone, but i think every number 1 pick has pressure because they gotta proof why they were picked number 1

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 05:55 PM
i think they are putting a little pressure on him, they expect him to be the next big player now that jordan is gone, but i think every number 1 pick has pressure because they gotta proof why they were picked number 1

Agreed.

ridere46
07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm sure he'll be great and fun to watch but too much expectations early on could do this guy in before he realizes his true potential. give him a break bulls fan! you guys make it sound like he's the second coming or something. i want to see him succeed too.

zambo4president
07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
we dont have **** besides him so yeah