PDA

View Full Version : Who was your favorite Charlotte Coach

JakeDelbreezy
07-17-2008, 10:00 PM
July 11, 2008
Ranking Charlotte's NBA coaches
I got an email from a reader Friday, suggesting I rank the NBA head coaches who’ve worked in Charlotte. Here goes:

1. Larry Brown: Yeah, I know; hasn’t coached a real game here yet. But his attention to detail in practice is remarkable; he’ll be worth whatever that quirky personality entails.

2. Paul Silas: Functions almost like a baseball manager; his strength was understanding how the schedule (sometimes four games in five nights) affected performance. Knew when to prod and when to give an opportune day off.

3. Dave Cowens: My only problem with Cowens was the last one I expected; a tough guy as a player, he wasn’t good at holding players accountable.

4. Bernie Bickerstaff: He got those first two teams to play above their talent. He did his best work here as general manager.

5. Dick Harter: Would be second only to Brown for his technical understanding of the game.

6. Allan Bristow: Like Bickerstaff, he was more effective in the front office than he was on the bench.

7. Gene Littles: Wasn’t engaged by the job; seemed to think his dry-cleaning was as important as cleaning up the pick-and-roll.

8. Sam Vincent: There was wide-spread relief in the locker room that he wasn’t brought back for a second season.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2008/07/ranking-charlot.html

Interesting story from the observer...who do you think is the best Charlotte Coach ever?

homestarunner93
07-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Well, I'm excluding Larry Brown because he hasn't coached a single game here. We don't know if we're getting the Pistons Larry or the Knicks Larry yet, so I'll hold judgement on him. I'll say Bernie Bickerstaff because had he been the coach last year the team probably would've made the playoffs. He's even underrated on the Observer's list.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 01:02 AM
I really liked Bernie. He did the most he could do with the talent that he had. If he was given the talent that Sam Vincent was given last year, he would have had the Bobcats in the playoffs.

black1605
07-18-2008, 01:53 AM
silas