PDA

View Full Version : Darius Miles?

jaysfan4ever
07-17-2008, 06:46 PM
there's lots of info in this thread, which was posted in the nba forum:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247001
Basically Miles could be that athletic slasher that we were looking for. Yes, we signed hassan adams for that role, but adams did nothing for the nets last year, and expecting him to be a solid part of our rotation is very dicey.

Pros for Miles:
-Proven NBA starter
-Very athletic
-Has played very good defence in the past
-Dirt cheap

Cons:
-Coming back from "career-ending" knee surgery, but scouts have given him positive reviews.
-Reputation of attitude problems

What do you guys think? I'm not sure if we have the roster space, but if we don't, he has MUCH more upside than Joey Graham, who has ZERO basketball IQ, so we can trade Graham to a team for cash.

da1nonly
07-17-2008, 07:02 PM
i think he's a better actor then a ball player nowadays ;)

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
i had made a thread about him a few weeks ago. I wanted the Raptors to try and get him, he said he'd play for the minimum so what is the risk? other then he is a "cancer" in the looker room apparently. But who knows maybe he's changed.

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't he'll be a bad addition. It seems he wants to win and prove himself so maybe he could attempt that in a Raps uniform. Would he start at SF and have Moon come on for him?

The Wise 1
07-17-2008, 10:29 PM
If healthy, he would probably be our 2nd best wing player. That said, I still wouldnt want him.

nads83
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
i actually think moon is a better player then miles. moon will be starting and getting heavy minutes. going in to the offseason i said i wudnt mind moon starting, i stand by that. im expecting an even better season this yr from super jamario

blujaysrock
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
how bout it i know he had knee surgery that was suppose to end his career but apparently he has recovered pretty well and is working out with NBA teams, here what a member of the dallas mavericks camp said “On a scale of 1 to 10, I was expecting him to be 6. But he was a good, solid 8.”
The former 3rd overall pick in 2000 put up pretty good numbers in 05-06 with 14 ppg 4.6 rpg and 1.8 apg, we could probably get him pretty cheap and i think he could fit in pretty well with us, hes only 27, and the only downside is he will be suspended the first 10 games of the season if signed due to him breaking the anti drug policy, any ways what do you guys think? heres a few more articles on him. just dont bash me for saying this :o:pray:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0WTWZWJ6YRIcpQA3QWkvLYF?slug=rotowire-ariusilesorksutforav&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy
and his profile
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darius_miles/career_stats.html

bartlett2266
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
An under achiever with a bad knee and an attitude problem sounds like a great pick up

loudif31
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Sure and why not get Carter, Marbury, Steve Francis, Steven Jackson and any other bad news story we can find while we're at it?

NBA success has more to it than stats and up side and looking good on paper. You need smarts, and guys who have some maturity. The Raps need more character guys not, and above all else BC has done a pretty good job acguiring/retaining these types of players. JO is a gamble, but he seems to have matured quite a bit.

mariotubes
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Sure and why not get Carter, Marbury, Steve Francis, Steven Jackson and any other bad news story we can find while we're at it?

NBA success has more to it than stats and up side and looking good on paper. You need smarts, and guys who have some maturity. The Raps need more character guys not, and above all else BC has done a pretty good job acguiring/retaining these types of players. JO is a gamble, but he seems to have matured quite a bit.

stephen jackson would be a great aqcuisition for the raps actually

_Sn1P3r_
07-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Haha I agree.

Mile High Champ
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
A lot of question marks, if the contract is less than a million for one year, Im in!

pebloemer
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM

x2

hades
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
how about pinnock?

Cortez
07-22-2008, 12:27 PM
i think its worth it
we got no attitude on our team
theres no passion and our team is boring
and if someone decked bosh
whos going to step up????

Bob_at_york
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
i think its worth it

O'Neal. Do you remember the brawl at the Palace?

pebloemer
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
i think its worth it

In addition to Oneal, Hassan Adams and Nathan Jawai may have some toughness and attitude too, who knows.