PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Marcus Camby" Thread

babyshaq87
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
the latest trade is camby to the clippers for... less than nothing!!! we need a center who can run the floor, can play D, grab boards and we didn't do anything to get camby?

i don't know who could be offered for camby but if we wanted we could have done something to get him..

Chi-Town Finest
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
I dont think you guys had the cap room for him. Denver basically traded him for cap relief.

yboord028
07-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I dont think you guys had the cap room for him.
:nod:

Clippers had the cap room for the trade and we are over with the signing of James Jones et. al.

Robbw241
07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
:nod:

Clippers had the cap room for the trade and we are over with the signing of James Jones et. al.

Hi drooby :jumpy:

yboord028
07-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Hi :shrug:

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
yeah. we didnt have the cap room pretty much. that about sums it up. denver got rid of that contract for relief since it ends next year i believe. maybe if we had traded marion before and gave ourselves some cap room..it could have happened but yeah. it's all good.

BALLER71
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi :shrug:

Hi! :)

And I guess the question has been answered.

babyshaq87
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
is that possible nobody wants marion? can't we try to have a trade like denver did for camby?.. a team with enough cap space to sign marion and we could have a young player with an expiring contract.. i'd love this trade with charlotte.. matt carrol + raymond felton for marion..

carrol= 5M this year then runs out
felton=starts at PG and runs out in 2010

Marion=huge contract expiring next year and he could be perfect to play with J-Rich, Wallace and Okafor..

HeatBBall
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
i would've loved to have camby here, its a shame we didn't have the cap space to land him. he would have been a nice addition with Zo. they're shot blocking together combined a game would be in double digits constantly .. lol.

King Koopa
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe the Clippers got him so that they can have something that the heat want a Center, and trade him over here....

heatbb
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe the Clippers got him so that they can have something that the heat want a Center, and trade him over here....

Actually, that's quite thinkable. Atleast i would love having him here.:rolleyes:

Grifftiggs
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM

Thats a really good thought. Because the Clips have Kaman and they just signed him long term right? But Camby only makes like 8 or 9 a year and marion 17 so i would have to be Camby and someone else. Very interesting....or maybe they just got him to play PF and have some great D in the post but i hope they trade him to us. Or Haslem for Camby bc they make nearly the same, now that would be awesome for both teams!!!
Camby
Haslem or Marion
B Easy
D wade
Mario
I like the line up of
Camby
Marion or B Easy
B Easy or Marion
D Wade
Mario
This is a sick line up and def a contender
We stil need a good PG and i dont know if we would have that 3rd scoring option without marion but it would be interesting to see, especially since Riley has always liked a PG and C

_Sn1P3r_
07-16-2008, 10:58 PM
From what I heard, only Clips or Memphis could've got him.

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, i really dont think Camby is the PF that the clippers are looking for, and the CLippers are looking for a true PF, maybe we can trade Haslem,banks, Wright for Camby and Livingston.

PG Mario/Livingston
Sg Wade/Cook
Sf Marion/Jones
Pf Beasley/Joel
C Camby/Zo/Blount

Were going to be the best Rebounding Team in the League with Camby/Beasley/Marion. THEY EACH AVG. 10+ rebs. THoungts??????

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Then maybe we can Sign Marbury,
PG Marbury/Mario
Sg Wade/Cook
Sf Marion/Jones
PF Beasley/Joel
C Camby/Zo

ATX
07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Thoughts...

1. I'd love to have Camby here!
2. Dudes 34 though...Don't like giving up two solid younger players...
3. Livingston was released, was he not?
4. F Marbury...Chemistry Killer
5. We have a hyporthetical trades thread.

noturnormalhero
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Thoughts...

6. they'd again have a vacancy in the PF spot and if they asked for Haslem they'd need to give us a lot more than just camby and a lot is something they dont either have or would wantto give up.
7. i dont want to trade for camby, that's a desperation move. he just got traded for a 2nd rounder, i'd be upset if we offered more.
8. i rather have not have a player like marbury in our locker room with young players. would u want him being chalmers mentor? i think not

jrodmesche
07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
6. they'd again have a vacancy in the PF spot and if they asked for Haslem they'd need to give us a lot more than just camby and a lot is something they dont either have or would wantto give up.
7. i dont want to trade for camby, that's a desperation move. he just got traded for a 2nd rounder, i'd be upset if we offered more.
8. i rather have not have a player like marbury in our locker room with young players. would u want him being chalmers mentor? i think not

you sound like a mother looking after her child lol

daleja424
07-17-2008, 08:17 PM
1) nope
2) nope
3) Camby cant be traded for two monthes
4) nope
5) nope

...Camby IS NOT worth 3 rotation players..he's 34. Also the Clipps dont have Livingston....they have cut ties with him

fins08
07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
1. Could Camby trade mean hes coming to Miami??? No.
2. 34 Years Old
3. Haslem is worthmore because he will play a lot younger.
4. I am not a big Wright fan, but he is a lot younger, too.
5. We in rebuilding mode and we have to be after we won 15 games last year.

DQL
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd do Haslem+Banks for Camby+Knight

*Superman*
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
It won't happen.

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Thoughts...

Can people stop saying hes a chemistry killer, and stop listening to the bull crap that ESPN is always saying. Everyone knows that Espn makes things that are so small seem like if they just finished bombing the white house. So dont listen to what ESPN or anyone says. The guy is a great guy, ive never heard KG or Marion or Amare say anything bad about him. And dont even dare say thats what his team mates in New york say because who the helllll is Zach,Curry, and the rest of those r3tards to say something like that.

danbola
07-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Considering Camby's age, I doubt he's in any of our plans.

sergiogon
07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
i woul do marion and cook for iguadala and evans and haslem+banks for nene or camby:
mario
wade
iguadala
beasley
camby or nene

Master Mind
07-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Do you think the Mavs would take Haslem and Wright for Josh Howard then we'd be able to trade Marion for a PG or C or both...

noturnormalhero
07-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Do you think the Mavs would take Haslem and Wright for Josh Howard then we'd be able to trade Marion for a PG or C or both...

i highly doubt it but it would definitely be good in our favor lol

King Koopa
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
i highly doubt it but it would definitely be good in our favor lol

yeah i guess im in too.

Wade_County
07-18-2008, 02:52 PM

no they turned down a trade for artest for howard so i doubt they would take haslme for him.

ATX
07-18-2008, 03:38 PM
no they turned down a trade for artest for howard so i doubt they would take haslme for him.

Agreed...If we want Howard it's going to probably take Marion...Howard is already 28 years old, just a bit younger than Marion. I didn't realize that.

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I bet they'd part with Howard to get Marion, although many others would need to be involved to even it out. Marion would thrive playing with J-Kidd.

noturnormalhero
07-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I bet they'd part with Howard to get Marion, although many others would need to be involved to even it out. Marion would thrive playing with J-Kidd.

yeah...cuban is either hardheaded or trying to play hard ball way too hard lol. he's tryin to get a crack head deal. tryin to get artest for just stackhouse and bass LOL.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 07:54 PM
yeah...cuban is either hardheaded or trying to play hard ball way too hard lol. he's tryin to get a crack head deal. tryin to get artest for just stackhouse and bass LOL.

Lol.. it's Cuban. And it's cause Stackhouse has an expiring contract I believe.

noturnormalhero
07-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Lol.. it's Cuban. And it's cause Stackhouse has an expiring contract I believe.

yea he does but still..stackhouse?! lol. i think i still have his 76ers jersey in my closet from when i was in like middle school lol. cant believe i still remember that fool when he was in college. damn. he's old. i'm gettin old. funk! lol