PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reports Mavs Offer Terry and Bass for Artest.

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I heard it right now that the mavs are offering Terry and bass for artest on espn. What do you guys think.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-17-2008, 05:49 PM
that might have a chance of happening

juggla53
07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
They just signed Beno Udrih to a 30 million dollar deal and they have kevin martin at the two im not really sure where terry fits in there

wwwhat
07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Were you watching Around The Horn? I was watching it and I thought they said Stackhouse+Bass for Artest.

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Were you watching Around The Horn? I was watching it and I thought they said Stackhouse+Bass for Artest.

no they said Terry and Bass for Artest and yeah i was watching around the horn.

avsman05
07-17-2008, 06:06 PM
that makes sense and they would be back in contention. artest+kidd+dirk scary combo.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
gimme link.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 06:08 PM
actually it is stackhouse and bass for artest

18colts29
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
It would be awesome for the Mavericks, but sucks for the Kings. I don't see this happening. Lamar Odom for Artest seems more realistic.

wwwhat
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
no they said Terry and Bass for Artest and yeah i was watching around the horn.
"Always looking to improve, Dallas has reportedly throwing their hat into the Ron Artest chase. According to HOOPSWORLD's Bill Ingram and verified by Sam Amick of the Sacramento Bee, the Mavericks are apparently offering Brandon Bass and the expiring contract of Jerry Stackhouse for Artest."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9507

STAT32
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Stack and Bass makes more sense than Terry and Bass. Good deal for Mavs but the Kings kinda get the short end of the stick on this one.

agobbi17
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
This just ended. The Houston Rockets offer Louis Scola and Carl Landry and also 3$ million cash for Ron Artest.

18colts29
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I thought Lois Scola was going overseas, and Landry is a restricted free agent.

SDBearsFan
07-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I heard it was Stackhouse and Bass, but the Kings wanted Howard in the deal.
Haven't heard anything about the Houston thing. Link?

Kings Faithful
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Kings would be getting raped whether its Terry and Bass or Stackhouse and Bass........If teams are only going to offer us crap then we might as well keep Artest because he expires next year anyways....

King Koopa
07-17-2008, 06:30 PM
"Always looking to improve, Dallas has reportedly throwing their hat into the Ron Artest chase. According to HOOPSWORLD's Bill Ingram and verified by Sam Amick of the Sacramento Bee, the Mavericks are apparently offering Brandon Bass and the expiring contract of Jerry Stackhouse for Artest."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9507

Bro i understand that Hoopsworld says Stackhouse and bass for Artest, but ESPN Around the Horn said that the Mavs were offering Terry and bass for Artest too.

Vidball
07-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Doesn't really matter whether its Stackhouse or Terry...neither will get the deal done. The Mavs did get a Bass/Stackhouse offer rejected a couple days ago...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=VegasChatter-080717

Yet the Kings continue to insist that the team that ultimately gets Artest will have to take Kenny Thomas' contract as well. NBA front-office sources say the Mavericks were told several days ago, for example, that an offer of bruising power forward Brandon Bass, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse and $2 million to cover Stackhouse's guarantee in the 2009-10 season would not be enough to reunite Artest with new Mavs coach Rick Carlisle. (Dallas has no interest in a Josh Howard-for-Artest swap in any incarnation.)

Whether it's Terry or Stack, it won't be enough.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Bro i understand that Hoopsworld says Stackhouse and bass for Artest, but ESPN Around the Horn said that the Mavs were offering Terry and bass for Artest too.

no bud it is on espn insider, it clearly states bass and stackhouse

KeithLBC
07-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I think the Kings are hellbent on someone taking Thomas' contract, so I don't think that will work.

dre1990
07-17-2008, 06:48 PM
saw this on around the horn hope it dont happenn im a mavs hater

juggla53
07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
If the kings can get odom then im not sure why they would take either of those rumored mavs deals

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
If the kings can get odom then im not sure why they would take either of those rumored mavs deals

I agree. If I were Sac, I would take the Laker offer.

ARMIN12NBA
07-17-2008, 08:11 PM

I DVR Around the Horn every day (BTW Woody was hilarious today...he ran out of breath there...) and I just went back and watched the Showdown part where they talked about Artest...

Tony Reali said "Jerry" not Terry. They even showed highlights of Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass. I don't know why you keep on saying Around the Horn said Terry.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
haha.

Storch
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
that makes sense and they would be back in contention. artest+kidd+dirk scary combo.

Thats not even scary.... what are you smoking?! :laugh:

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
actually it would be kidd-howard-artest-dirk if the trade goes down as specualted. That is insane.

unicar15
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Kings would be getting raped whether its Terry and Bass or Stackhouse and Bass........If teams are only going to offer us crap then we might as well keep Artest because he expires next year anyways....

Its a bad deal for both teams...IDK if anyone remembers that the Mavs don't have a guard that can matchup with Chris Paul other than Jason Terry. Jason Kidd is SOOOOO slow and cant keep up. Terry was their only saving grace against CP3. He was destroying them before they switched up their defense. I don't trade Terry if Im the Mavs...

lakersrock
07-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I think it means LA will give in and take Thomas.

FromDallas
07-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Its a bad deal for both teams...IDK if anyone remembers that the Mavs don't have a guard that can matchup with Chris Paul other than Jason Terry. Jason Kidd is SOOOOO slow and cant keep up. Terry was their only saving grace against CP3. He was destroying them before they switched up their defense. I don't trade Terry if Im the Mavs...

Terry didn't exactly shut Chris Paul down. They have some young athletic guards on their summer league team but they are going to be stuck for a while trying to find someone to guard Paul. Their best bet is to find another dominant player to play along side Dirk, Kidd, and Josh. Similar to what the Celtics did this year by getting KG and Ray Allen to go with Paul Pierce.

Does anyone know exactly what Kenny Thomas' contract looks like?

kingkenji
07-17-2008, 11:33 PM
marion for artest, that is the most good trade that would have benefit both teams. stop that crap about the mavs and the lakers.

Vidball
07-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Its hard to find the most good trade. It really is.

sfgip10
07-18-2008, 02:52 AM
This trade sucks.Better not happen, oh and Vidball, i don't get your sig, did you like lose a bet or something?

ridere46
07-18-2008, 06:58 AM
kings better trade him off to the eastern conference (miami?). it would certainly not help any team in the west if artest goes to the lakers or dallas. that would suck.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I heard it right now that the mavs are offering Terry and bass for artest on espn. What do you guys think.

Does Artest plan on playing the SG?

king4day
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM

I'd rather have Bass than Odom. They are technically rebuilding. If they can get Thomas' contract off their hands AND get younger, they'll be in good shape for 1 or two big FA signings.

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
odom isnt that good..he showed in the finals hes garbage. he showed in the first half of one game he was awesome then disappeared an the lakers lost a 24 point lead.. Artest for Terry/Bass is a good deal. Im guessing most people are unfamiliar with Bass, but hes a banger who can step out an knock down the 15 footer, plus hes young and only going to get better. And terry is a good player who can hit the 3 lights out and score. getting 2 quality players for artest is better than getting one, espcially when that one is crummy lamar odom

astrosmaniac
07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
This just ended. The Houston Rockets offer Louis Scola and Carl Landry and also 3$ million cash for Ron Artest.

lies

#1lakerfan
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I like how Dirty Dirk, obviously a Mavs fan, is calling Lamar crummy and calling the lakers soft alla his sig, that is the definition of ironic LOL. Sorry just wanted to point that out. Least we made it to the finals after our star got MVP :D

HouRealCoach
07-18-2008, 11:17 AM
THe only trade that would make since is Josh Howard because Udrih is the PG Martin is the SG and Artest is already going to Expire so trading him for contracts would make no sence

lewis
07-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I DVR Around the Horn every day (BTW Woody was hilarious today...he ran out of breath there...) and I just went back and watched the Showdown part where they talked about Artest...

Tony Reali said "Jerry" not Terry. They even showed highlights of Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass. I don't know why you keep on saying Around the Horn said Terry.

someone should change the title of this thread.

king4day
07-18-2008, 11:41 AM
The Sacramento Kings have expressed interest in acquiring Dallas Mavericks forward/guard Josh Howard in a trade for All-Star forward Ron Artest, but the Mavericks aren't interested, according to an NBA source.

The Mavericks reportedly were willing to offer forward Brandon Bass and guard Jerry Stackhouse for Artest. But the Kings wanted Howard included in the deal, halting the discussions.

Because the Mavericks won't budge on Howard, a potential trade for Artest is all but dead, the source said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071808dnspomavslede.67662c0f.html

Vidball
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
^And MIA doesn't want to take back K9's contract. SAC is out of good options. Keep Artest or trade him to LA. I still am waiting for CLE to come in with an offer though...they have the players to do it, but I'm not sure if they will because they already have an okay SF :D

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I like how Dirty Dirk, obviously a Mavs fan, is calling Lamar crummy and calling the lakers soft alla his sig, that is the definition of ironic LOL. Sorry just wanted to point that out. Least we made it to the finals after our star got MVP :D

mavs fan??? ur a s h i t d i c k......i live in boston...imma celtics fan, sox fan, pats fans, and bruins dont count, what is hockey??? i like dirk but damn calm down dude. are u really argueing that odom isnt soft? cuz ud be foolish. i dont care one bit about the mavs not makings the finals. i wouldnt care if ever payer on the mavs died.. just tryin to stress how i dont care 4 th mavs.

#1Mavericksfan
07-18-2008, 04:35 PM
mavs fan??? ur a s h i t d i c k......i live in boston...imma celtics fan, sox fan, pats fans, and bruins dont count, what is hockey??? i like dirk but damn calm down dude. are u really argueing that odom isnt soft? cuz ud be foolish. i dont care one bit about the mavs not makings the finals. i wouldnt care if ever payer on the mavs died.. just tryin to stress how i dont care 4 th mavs.

Did you really have to say all of that?...there is other ways of getting your point across.

#1lakerfan
07-19-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL my bad, I agree Lamar is soft, but IMO Dirk is just as soft.

#1Mavericksfan
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
LOL my bad, I agree Lamar is soft, but IMO Dirk is just as soft.

and so is Pau Gasol

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2008, 08:53 PM
and so is Pau Gasol

Pau is softer than LO and Dirk combined!!!

Spurred1
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Pau is softer than LO and Dirk combined!!!
Well, that pretty much puts an end to the softies debate. And you are correct about that one. Lamar's not what I would call soft, but unreliable/erratic more than anything else. You can't be sure which Lamar will be playing.

marques724
07-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Lamar isn't soft he is inconsistent. Pau is soft and so is Dirk.

Spurred1
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Lamar isn't soft he is inconsistent. Pau is soft and so is Dirk.
But Pau is the softest of them all.