PDA

View Full Version : Would You Make This Trade? (The Clippers Essentially Did.)

chicagowhitesox
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
If you were a GM, would you trade Elton Brand and Corey Maggette for Baron Davis and Marcus Camby? With all the FA movement and a recent trade, the Clippers basically did. And I believe they are worse off for it. What do you think?

North Yorker
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
If I were their GM...

no freakin way

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Nope.

*Superman*
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Elton beats Camby, and Baron beats Corey IMO. I wouldn't cause Brand is still the best out of all of them. It would have been awesome to see Brand and Baron duo though.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
nope

yk2f23
07-17-2008, 04:58 PM
i meant to sey yes.. this trade goes both ways cus elton brand is a winner and baron davis is a winner so idk ?

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
They didn't trade Brand nor Maggette. Those guys just wanted to leave to have something different.

But to answer the question, no I would do that deal.

dannyboy19
07-17-2008, 05:03 PM
well they did get baron davis wich is way better than correy magette,and like 30% of elton brand but yeah i wouldn't have gave correy, now the SF players are taking over there the one who are the more better players...carmelo,james,kobe plays like a sf,pierce,VC,tmac, all the rest..so yeah having a Sf like correy would defenitly complete ur roster...

B-Diddy
magette*** = S.livingston
kaman
camby
thorton

..and the reserves...clipps 1st rd pik..
Eric gordon*
mobley
tim thomas
smush.P
livingston
powell
dickau
deandre jordan*

...this team has playoff pontential even without maggette.....

Cracka2HI!
07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Even as a Clipper fan I wouldn't do it. We made out alright, but I don't think we would have given Baron Davis anywhere close to that big of a contract knowing Brand was going to split.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
clips more then likely wont make playoffs regardless.

Ragun
07-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I accidently voted yes but I was trying to say no.

Brand is the best player in the thing IMO and Maggette is one of the best to getting to the line. Camby is weak in the defensive post and isnt really tallented offensively.

WillisLovechild
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
hell to the no.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
no way

style-206
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes.

The Clips look good down low with Camby/Kaman, and Diddy will keep the opposing team's best defender busy. Mobley is going to have a lot of wide-open looks this year.

They were not going to win a championship with Mobley/Brand. They are not going to win one with Diddy/Camby - but at least the process of failing will be a lot more entertaining.

TheNewbster
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes, definitely, the Clippers HAD to make this "trade".

The Clippers had a great frontcourt in Brand/Kaman, no doubt, but NO POINT GUARD! Last year was a clear example of how ugly things could get... The Clippers gave up more OVERALL talent, but the talent excess they had allowed them this luxury. Look at it now, the Clippers have a premier point guard and a formidable, though not as deadly, front court.

What also must be taken into account is the signing today of Azbuikie, assuming GS doesn't match this offer; the Clippers add another solid bench player that gives them depth. With Brand/Maggette, the Clippers wouldn't have the depth and no PG. If you have no general leading the show, you have no team that can win.

Iodine
07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
No

unicar15
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
They didn't make anything close to this trade except for the balance of players...Maggette had already said he wanted to go elsewhere and Brand had an offer on the table and declined...they could do nothing to satisfy either of them. So they didn't make the "trade," they just got unlucky and lost out on the first two so they made the deal to get Baron and then got a steal in Marcus Camby for a second rounder.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
now the trade is..

Camby, Davis and Azubukie (is the warriors don't match) for Brand and Maggette..even things out a bit. Fair i'd say.

dre1990
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
no

tripleplay2007
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Brand is coming of a major injury. He did well last season when he came back but you never know what the wear and tear of a complete season will do to a player who has had that severe of an injury.

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Nopess..

Derek Rocks
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't do it for the simple fact that both B. Diddy and Cambyland are often injured and wont make a full season. They would face the same problem that Yao and Tracy face in Houston.

Chaudhry
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
yea but elton brand is also oft injured and magette wasn't happy... camby's abit on the old side but i like the prospect of seeing kaman at pf instead of C... so if i was the clipps and was offered this trade i would do it... if you add Azubukie then for sure

Jay22Redd
07-17-2008, 10:27 PM
nope

Derek Rocks
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
All of these players are nearly 30 years old. I know Baron and Maggette are 29ish pushing 30. Brand has had some durability issues, and his achilles injury is a bit ofa red flag as well. Maggette may just be a flash in the pan as well. This trade would be just a lateral movement for both teams. Nobody wins.

kylem4711
07-17-2008, 10:56 PM
They didn't trade Brand nor Maggette. Those guys just wanted to leave to have something different.

But to answer the question, no I would do that deal.

has nothing to do with anything in the thread. its just asking your opinion if you would

ridere46
07-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes, definitely, the Clippers HAD to make this "trade".

The Clippers had a great frontcourt in Brand/Kaman, no doubt, but NO POINT GUARD! Last year was a clear example of how ugly things could get... The Clippers gave up more OVERALL talent, but the talent excess they had allowed them this luxury. Look at it now, the Clippers have a premier point guard and a formidable, though not as deadly, front court.

What also must be taken into account is the signing today of Azbuikie, assuming GS doesn't match this offer; the Clippers add another solid bench player that gives them depth. With Brand/Maggette, the Clippers wouldn't have the depth and no PG. If you have no general leading the show, you have no team that can win.

agreed! the clips were going nowhere with that squad. the new squad should be more entertaining and maybe win more games. the clips are getting a solid player in bukie. just ask kobe and any laker fan. hope the warriors match.