PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets had to trade one of the Duo of T-mac or Yao then why never ...

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
If the Rockets had to trade one of the Duo of T-mac or Yao then why never any mention of trading Yao? Like would you trade Yao to Phoenix for Amare?

I mean take a look at this lineup with:

PG Rafer/Jackson
SG T-mac/Barry/Head
SF Battier/Novak/Harris
PF Scola/Landry/Hayes
C Amare/Deke/Dorsey

That team could be a little bit more effective don't you think?

t-mac1nukka
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
uh oh!!!! you know you just sinned right? FAB and face are gunna be sooooo pissed!!!

goku
07-17-2008, 06:42 PM
no we wouldnt be able to guard post players bigger than amare or block shots

goku
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
no amare cant block shots or guard the post

Rhyming Rebel
07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
uh oh!!!! you know you just sinned right? FAB and face are gunna be sooooo pissed!!!

Thats not a good trade anyway. Amare is overrated and is nowhere near Yao' caliber they have to give up Amare,Barbosa and 2 1st rd picks and I am still hesitant.

Alex-sama
07-18-2008, 07:50 AM
If it MUST trade one of them I'll chose T-MAC just bcuz of his huge contract (20M!!!) and Yao is quite unique it's lot more difficult to have an replacement.

Manos
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Because you never move a top big unless you are getting something simliar in return, which never happens. Amare's offense is good, but he plays no defense. If we were considering moving Yao, it would need to be for Dwight Howard, even then I'd only trade Yao for him because of Yao's injury history. If both were the same health-wise, I'd stick with Yao.

lilboytwister99
07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
We could trade Yao for just about anybody..... except another big guy. He is one of the only big guys left in this sport. Sure he isnt aggressive enough, but Im sure if you lock him up in a cage for two months and feed him nothin but jalapenos it might do the trick ;)

Id rather trade McGrady just because he doesnt seem happy in Houston anymore. I know he says he is, and he wants to win, but hey everyone reaches a point to where they need a new home (i.e. Brad Lidge, Dan Wheeler)

If we could have gotten Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton for McGrady, I would have pulled the trigger on that one in a heartbeat. Rasheed is another big guy despite his temper. Rip Hamilton seems more reliable than T-Mac.

I recall a buddy I used to work with said that everytime the Rockets start losing, T-Mac comes up with an injury. He was right on many occasions. T-Mac is very fragile for a basketball player. Then again, he could just be riding a very very bad streak of luck.

If they stayed healthy all year, yeah I'd say they have potential to win it all. I mean look at their 22 game winning streak they put together (with 12 of them missing Yao). If they can still win without Yao, imagine what they can do with him.

I like them signing Barry. He could help out. I wouldnt mind seeing Horry return.

Yall have a good one.

Rhyming Rebel
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
We could trade Yao for just about anybody..... except another big guy. He is one of the only big guys left in this sport. Sure he isnt aggressive enough, but Im sure if you lock him up in a cage for two months and feed him nothin but jalapenos it might do the trick ;)

Id rather trade McGrady just because he doesnt seem happy in Houston anymore. I know he says he is, and he wants to win, but hey everyone reaches a point to where they need a new home (i.e. Brad Lidge, Dan Wheeler)

If we could have gotten Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton for McGrady, I would have pulled the trigger on that one in a heartbeat. Rasheed is another big guy despite his temper. Rip Hamilton seems more reliable than T-Mac.

I recall a buddy I used to work with said that everytime the Rockets start losing, T-Mac comes up with an injury. He was right on many occasions. T-Mac is very fragile for a basketball player. Then again, he could just be riding a very very bad streak of luck.

If they stayed healthy all year, yeah I'd say they have potential to win it all. I mean look at their 22 game winning streak they put together (with 12 of them missing Yao). If they can still win without Yao, imagine what they can do with him.

I like them signing Barry. He could help out. I wouldnt mind seeing Horry return.

Yall have a good one.

The Barry signing I agree with. Bringing back Horry is another story.

mightybosstone
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
This is stupid. No. Why would we want to get softer at the C spot and pick up a pathetic defensive minded PF who players center in a run and gun style offense when we value defense in a half court style offense. I like Amare fine, but I don't see how that works unless you decide to switch your entire game plan to play like the Suns or the Warriors (and we see how far they get every year).

Defense wins championships. Amare plays no defense. Amare wins no championships...

{º¿º}
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Which is more annoying and pointless? The Tmac vs Yao threads like this, or the Artest ones? The Artest threads at least have some rationale and logic behind them. Anyway, I like God at PG and Buddha at SG, then we can move Tmac back to SF. Maybe we can sign Jesus to the MLE?

Rhyming Rebel
07-18-2008, 02:57 PM
U Guys are crazy lol

J-Relo
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Amare for Yao are you kidding?

1.Amare is more of PF. And i don't think Rockets really needs that position.

2. Suns won't do it... They just got Lopez in the draft, have Skinner and Shaq, why they would need one more, maybe the best, but why? while they have tremendious f/c player - STAT.

No need for Suns... no need for Houston too...

but other trades could go trough... maybe with Orlando? :D

shinjirod
07-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Yall have a good one.

Jalapeños are for P-ssies.

Give him some habanero or chile de arbol. that will really put him in a bad mood.

Rox07
07-18-2008, 06:19 PM
B/c yao is the greatest center in the league while tmac has past his potential.

yaowowrocket11
07-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Yao >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare

Amare is a great athletic player, but is absolutely ineffective on the defensive side. Amare may be the better overall scorer, but barely. Yao is easily the better defender, and by far.