PDA

View Full Version : How about a polished rookie?

Countdown
07-17-2008, 03:46 PM
We could try to sign Rowan Barrett, IMO he'll be a polished rookie(like Garbo was), he'll bring alot experience, leadership. Even though he is 35 years old, he'd be a great addition.He'd be a great 2-guard, and we can swing Adams to the SF posistion. Also we can finally have a Canadian on the team.

Any Thoughts?

nstojic
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
a good idea... 4-5 years ago... at his current age, he wouldn't be able to keep up with the NBA game, it's different than the international game...

Ragun
07-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Who is this guy? Never heard of him.

mjt20mik
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
He's on the Canadian National Team. His numbers are quite impressive though.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
35 years old is kinda risky tho. He's already past his prime.

Goon.Weezy
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Rowan Barrett with the RAPTORS WUD BE AMAZINN........he is the one who started the comebackk vs Korea

da1nonly
07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
we can swing Adams to the SF posistion.

Any Thoughts?

isn't adams a little small for the sf position? at 6'4 he's an inch taller than calderon...

he'd get just add to the glut of small forwards already there (kapono, graham, moon)

Bob_at_york
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice thought but I think the main reason you are bringing this up is because Rowan is a Canadian and that isn't good enough for me.

The Wise 1
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice thought but I think the main reason you are bringing this up is because Rowan is a Canadian and that isn't good enough for me.

Exactly, even though I'm a PROUD CANADIAN, I've never understood why people like people in the entertainment business just because there Canadian. I mean the guy is 35 and would probably get embarrassed out on the court. Wasnt he retired and decided to give it a go one last time this Olympics?

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
35 years old is kinda risky tho. He's already past his prime.

I agree. He won't have many years left.

Bob_at_york
07-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Exactly, even though I'm a PROUD CANADIAN, I've never understood why people like people in the entertainment business just because there Canadian. I mean the guy is 35 and would probably get embarrassed out on the court. Wasnt he retired and decided to give it a go one last time this Olympics?

I am not even saying he would suck but I am sure there are other Rowans out in the world but younger and they would be better for the Raps than Rowan. Hell, I don't know what he is doing right now but Denham Brown might be better than Rowan. If you want a Canadian lets wonder about him.

ramz.n
07-18-2008, 03:44 PM

lol was gonna say, people thought the same thing about Jamal Maglorie..how amazing he would be in a raptor uniform..i to believe it is because hes Canadian

pebloemer
07-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I am not even saying he would suck but I am sure there are other Rowans out in the world but younger and they would be better for the Raps than Rowan. Hell, I don't know what he is doing right now but Denham Brown might be better than Rowan. If you want a Canadian lets wonder about him.

About Denham Brown: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/basketball/story/2008/06/20/olympics-basketball-news-denhambrown.html

"The Canadian men's Olympic basketball team training camp kicked off on Friday with a surprising no-show.

Denham Brown, a three-year national team player, was absent from the first tryout, held at Toronto's Air Canada Centre.

"It's not a good day not to be here," said head coach Leo Rautins. "We've got a very talented group of guys, but if you look at the numbers, we've got to get down to 12."

Twenty-two players were invited to the training camp but 10 will be cut. The team competed with 12 players at an earlier Olympic qualifying tournament, but Rautins said three of those spots were "variable."

Rautins said there had been communication "across the board" with each of the players who had been invited to try out.

Of Brown's surprise absence, Rautins said, "I don't know, in today's communication age, with e-mail and cellphones, I just don't know," he said, checking his phone.

When asked if missing the first tryout would have any consequence, Rautins replied, "I think Denham made that decision, not me."

The coach added that the six-foot-five Toronto native also missed team meetings held earlier in the day.

Denham was a key player for Team Canada in the FIBA Americas Championship in 2007, when the Canadians finished fifth out of 10 teams. He currently plays for Tisettanta Cantu, a team in Italy"

blujaysrock
07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Rowan Barrett with the RAPTORS WUD BE AMAZINN........he is the one who started the comebackk vs Korea

hes insane

Bob_at_york
07-18-2008, 08:25 PM
About Denham Brown: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/basketball/story/2008/06/20/olympics-basketball-news-denhambrown.html
I know about that. But that could be because Denham could be trying out for an NBA team. I am not saying we should get a Canadian player, I am just saying we need to get the best players. But if we were to get a Canadian player I think he would be more talented.