PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith?

RJ24_bucks
07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Ive been thinkin bout this.. Do Bucks have enough cap room for Josh Smith? if they do, I think that would be great coz Jefferson and Smith are both great dunkers and also, Smith can really help Bogut out in defense. I think he would be a big impact on the team, just 1 thing... I really doubt the Bucks would sign him...:pity:

salsa
07-17-2008, 03:53 PM
We would be way too deep at SF. We dont need that many SF's

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah he wouldn't really fit because Alexander is basically like Josh Smith and we'd have no place to put him. We would have to do a sign and trade and I doubt we have enough to do that. We also can't sign him straight up because of the deficit that Larry Harris put us in.

soxnfins
07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
J-Smoove can either be a SF or a PF. He'd bring defense to this team, but idk if I'd want to hinder the development of Joe Alexander, but if we did make an offer to Smith, which I think Atlanta will match any offers, he'd bring the defensive-minded player we need for us.

thornga2
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
He would play PF. I think he would be a great fit. As for hindering Alexander, I like the idea of using Smith and Jefferson as the starters with Alexander being the backup at both spots. He should be able to get 20 min/game that way, which is all a player who isn't very polished really should get in his rookie season on a contending team.

thornga2
07-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah he wouldn't really fit because Alexander is basically like Josh Smith and we'd have no place to put him. We would have to do a sign and trade and I doubt we have enough to do that. We also can't sign him straight up because of the deficit that Larry Harris put us in.

Josh Smith and Joe Alexander aren't all that similar. Smith is an elite athlete. Alexander is very athletic, but not in Smith's league. Smith runs the floor better, passes pretty well, has a solid midrange game, and is an absolute highflyer. He would be the perfect addition. Sign and trade for Mo, CV, and a 2nd rounder. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Josh Smith and Joe Alexander aren't all that similar. Smith is an elite athlete. Alexander is very athletic, but not in Smith's league. Smith runs the floor better, passes pretty well, has a solid midrange game, and is an absolute highflyer. He would be the perfect addition. Sign and trade for Mo, CV, and a 2nd rounder. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Yeah well I do realize that Alexander isn't as proven as Smith but I would call him a poor man's Josh Smith as far as his athleticism. I think we could use a bruiser at PF instead of a athletic player like Josh Smith. That is not to say if we ended up with Smith I wouldn't welcome him because he is a great player but it doesn't seem likely.

OC Knights #11
07-18-2008, 02:01 AM
we have no money.

thornga2
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah well I do realize that Alexander isn't as proven as Smith but I would call him a poor man's Josh Smith as far as his athleticism. I think we could use a bruiser at PF instead of a athletic player like Josh Smith. That is not to say if we ended up with Smith I wouldn't welcome him because he is a great player but it doesn't seem likely.

A bruiser would help in some ways, but I think a guy that can rebound, block shots, and be a force in transition would help a little more overall. Smith is a good defender. He is no pushover.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
why would you guys want to get another SF? when you have a good one in jefferson

soxnfins
07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
why would you guys want to get another SF? when you have a good one in jefferson
He's either a SF or PF, he can play both very well. He'd be the defensive minded player we need, he blocks, he can rebound, and he can score (which he needs to improve on though IMO). I doubt we have any type of money we can offer him though.

RJ24_bucks
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah he would play the PF position as a starter if he can come to the Bucks which I doubt.. but yeah, we need a defensive go to player, we cant have Bogut to be our defensive go to player coz he should only be a strong defensive presence down low..