PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Denver Trade

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Marion + Banks + Cook + Future 2nd Rounder

For

Allen Iverson + Steven Hunter

I personally don't think A.I will be returning to Denver after this season. Do Nuggets fans think this deal is fair? If not, don't bash...just state your opinion.

Melo For No1
07-17-2008, 03:54 PM
okay well first off marion would we good has great defense and offers alot on O too but if we give steven hunter away we have only 1 center and thats Nene but do you really think hes going to last a whole season....no.

AND we really dont need those junk players like banks and cook we have jr and kleiza off the bench

But i love the idea of throwing away A.I.
i think he keeps the ball from carmelo and i think melo and play at alot higher potential if he just got the ball more.

but great idea if they did do that i would be happy but then they might need to get like sam or desanga diop which are FA.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Miami wouldn't so not do it. AI & D-wade would not work.

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I think AI is at a point where he will realize that his window is closing. I don't think he'd have a problem being a pass first type for the right cause. I could be wrong, but I don't think he would.

avsman05
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Marion hates Melo and would not play with him. But as this trade goes would you do D-Wade for AI and 2 1st picks?

IBleedPurple
07-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Marion hates Melo and would not play with him. But as this trade goes would you do D-Wade for AI and 2 1st picks?

I would. Maybe a first/second. We gave up what, 3 1st rd picks for Kmart to be on the trainers table, D-Wade with JR, Melo, Kmart, and Nene would be a pretty nasty lineup

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 05:31 PM

No. How long would the Nuggets have D Wade in his prime? We would probably only get 2-3 good year out of A.I while D Wade is still a top player in the game for 6 more years after A.I is done as a star. Its not a bad deal, I just wouldn't take it.

avsman05
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
No. How long would the Nuggets have D Wade in his prime? We would probably only get 2-3 good year out of A.I while D Wade is still a top player in the game for 6 more years after A.I is done as a star. Its not a bad deal, I just wouldn't take it.

understandable im the same way with Melo.

Melo For No1
07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
what the flip did you just say you think melo's about done!

3RDASYSTEM
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
D Wade N A.i. Would Be Sick, Riley Would Do This Quick Cuz Beasley Would Replace Marion And U Would Still Have Bruiser Haslem N U Could Get Some Decent Minutes Out Of Hunter, Iverson Plays Better With Compliment Guard Or Dominant Big Which He Has Neva Had, So I Feel It Would Work Especially In East But If I Was Denver I Would Still See If Mel/ai Can Work, I Mean 1 1/2 Yrs Is Not Enough To Judge Success, Kobe N Shaq Took Like 3 Or 4 Yrs To Get First Title They Also Got Swept During That Time

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
^Definitely. I just wanted to see what Denver fans thought of the deal. I'm in no way saying Denver should break up A.I and Melo.

Stormblast
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
So how does someone know that Marion hates Melo? I've never heard anything about that.

denversgm
07-18-2008, 01:35 PM
So how does someone know that Marion hates Melo? I've never heard anything about that.

it has been like atleast a year maybe 2 that they announced marion and melo can't stand each other.

going back to that trade i would not even think about doing it, because of banks no way does anybody want his contract.

If you can convinced melo to play with marion for one year since contract is expiring then i say offer Ai and a first round pick for Marion, chalmers and cook.

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Banks would give the Nuggets solid defense at the pg position and I couldn't see us giving up Chalmers w/o some money changing hands. We gave up 2 2nd rounders and 2.5 mill cash to secure him. And we don't get Hunter?

Stormblast
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
hmm interesting, never saw or heard about that anywhere. Guess I just missed it.

denversgm
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Banks would give the Nuggets solid defense at the pg position and I couldn't see us giving up Chalmers w/o some money changing hands. We gave up 2 2nd rounders and 2.5 mill cash to secure him. And we don't get Hunter?

damn fine throw in cash and another 2rounder pick that sounds fine to me

SwaggaIke
07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Cash and Hunter.

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Marion + Banks + Cook + Future 2nd Rounder

For

Allen Iverson + Steven Hunter

I personally don't think A.I will be returning to Denver after this season. Do Nuggets fans think this deal is fair? If not, don't bash...just state your opinion.

I doubt Riley has any intention of acquiring AI to pair with D-Wade. AI has a huge expiring contract, which is valuable. But the Heat have Marion's expiring contract, so they really wouldn't be getting that much more cap relief. I don't think the Heat would make this trade.

avsman05
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
what the flip did you just say you think melo's about done!

no my friend just getting started.