PDA

View Full Version : NBA 09 catching up to 2K9. Check this out!

Mile High Champ
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Ign just put up a great video from the E3 conference. They showed some of the game and wow it looks solid, The game play looks really smooth. Also the new NBA DNA feature looks unreal. Every day through the season, nba live 09 will update. What that means is that the players tendencies will update each day via online. An Example would be if by mid season in the real NBA, Tim Duncan develops a new go to post move, that will now be a featured move of his in the nba live 09 game in the update that day. The game is constantly changing for the better to make it seem more real... Its incredibile. Constant roster updates as well. NBA live 09 has been busy playing catch up and looks like they are. Nba 2k9 looked the same in the preview video they showed and little has been done to improve the game other than lighting. NBA 09 may just surpass the 2k9 version. Also looks like Bill Walton may be doing some work on the game. Check it out. you will not be dissapointed.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14241215/nba-live-09/videos/nba_09_dyn_dna_071508.html

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
The dynamic DNA looks like a good feature, but I won't be sold on Live again until I see it in my hands and it plays as well as 2k8. Its going to be hard to catch up to 2k, when its still getting better.

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Ign just put up a great video from the E3 conference. They showed some of the game and wow it looks solid, The game play looks really smooth. Also the new NBA DNA feature looks unreal. Every day through the season, nba live 09 will update. What that means is that the players tendencies will update each day via online. An Example would be if by mid season in the real NBA, Tim Duncan develops a new go to post move, that will now be a featured move of his in the nba live 09 game in the update that day. The game is constantly changing for the better to make it seem more real... Its incredibile. Constant roster updates as well. NBA live 09 has been busy playing catch up and looks like they are. Nba 2k9 looked the same in the preview video they showed and little has been done to improve the game other than lighting. NBA 09 may just surpass the 2k9 version. Also looks like Bill Walton may be doing some work on the game. Check it out. you will not be dissapointed.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14241215/nba-live-09/videos/nba_09_dyn_dna_071508.html

Is it still going to be more expensive than the NBA 2k9 one?

Mile High Champ
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Is it still going to be more expensive than the NBA 2k9 one?

Apparently the same cost from what I have read. I think the DNA addition is amazing. To constantly update the game and adapt it to how the real nba players play each night is a great addition. Especially for me who like to play as the raptors and everytime calderon took a 3 in either 2k9 or 09 he missed completley when in fact he was a great shooter from the outside. To actually have a game where it constantly adds real moves to a players games, makes the game more fresh way into next year when there is talk of nba10 coming out or 2k10.

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
it looks nice

Dirty Dirk41
07-17-2008, 03:38 PM
that is an awesome feature....Wish it was in 2k9....im still going with 2k9..live just looks awful

Mile High Champ
07-17-2008, 03:41 PM
that is an awesome feature....Wish it was in 2k9....im still going with 2k9..live just looks awful

really? did you watch the game demo? Kg's movements on the floor looked great and its not even the finished product. This DNA feature is swaying my vote a bit, not there yet but its more of a contest than before.

Dirty Dirk41
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
i watched a couple videos..but its not me playing it. I kno what im getting with 2k9 an wil def be buying that. i will rent live an see whats up

Kdirt
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
2k is good, but its just so damn hard to beat the CPU on Hall of Fame. I hate that its difficult to beat someone off the dribble unless your Lebron or Kobe.

RocketsRule
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM
The video was too slow for me, I need a new computer.

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 04:03 PM
2k is good, but its just so damn hard to beat the CPU on Hall of Fame. I hate that its difficult to beat someone off the dribble unless your Lebron or Kobe.

Not to me it isn't.

ee
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't know, NBA Live, featurewise has always been better.....Everything is better but game play and they always disappoint because that's the biggest part of the game.....If they can just combined the creativity of NBA Live to the game play of NBA 2K has, we would have one hellova nice simulation game.....

lakers4sho
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Yup the gameplay is what EA Sports need to improve. It's not realistic.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Yup the gameplay is what EA Sports need to improve. It's not realistic.

Agreed! I will be bying NBA2k9 on October 15th, just like i bought 2k9 the past 3 years.

Hotone1401
07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
NBA 2K9 is still the most realistic game when it comes to gameplay overall. I'm gonna stick with the 2K series because I know what I am getting with it. The features are nice in the new NBA Live game but it really all boils down to the gameplay and that has been the department where Live has been lacking. The new features just seem to me as a way of the LIVe series covering up their horrible game play with silly gimmicks.

mjt20mik
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I've always been a Live* guy cause i don't have any consoles and I only use my pc. But even so, I liked Live* so much better than I liked the K series. I'm excited to hear of more features this year, in 09.

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Man live is looking niice.

SeoulBeatz
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
i used to play live.... but ever since they started making next gen games, they have been awful, pretty, but awful.

and this looks like more of the same. Amazing graphics, cute features, but gameplay is whats important and the motions and and dribbling and im sure overall "feel" of the game is going ot be the same in 09. And thats sad.

If they could combine 2k's gameplay with Lives graphics and features, man what a game that would be.

but gameplay is what counts and thats where 2k gets the nod from me.

JIDsanity
07-17-2008, 10:39 PM
The dynamic DNA looks like a good feature, but I won't be sold on Live again until I see it in my hands and it plays as well as 2k8. Its going to be hard to catch up to 2k, when its still getting better.

:clap:

SC1211
07-17-2008, 10:45 PM
How can we possibly compare at this point? 2K hasn't released any of its features yet.

greg_ory_2005
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
2K9 will still pwn!!

JIDsanity
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't know, NBA Live, featurewise has always been better.....Everything is better but game play and they always disappoint because that's the biggest part of the game.....If they can just combined the creativity of NBA Live to the game play of NBA 2K has, we would have one hellova nice simulation game.....

They should colab

theuuord
07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
this is still a little confusing to me. if it updates every day, what if i'm five years deep in franchise mode? will it update a 38-year-old marcus camby's tendencies as a result of his 33-year-old play? will it only work for the first season? do you have to play it daily as the season progresses?

color me currently confused.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
this is still a little confusing to me. if it updates every day, what if i'm five years deep in franchise mode? will it update a 38-year-old marcus camby's tendencies as a result of his 33-year-old play? will it only work for the first season? do you have to play it daily as the season progresses?

Good point. They can only do it for the first season, unless they just go and copy the way 2k does their tendencies :rolleyes:, 2k always had the better ideas, gameplan and is better overall!! 2k all the way!!

GregOden#1
07-17-2008, 11:00 PM
You guys should consider yourselves lucky that EA hasn't taken over Take 2 yet because the second they do they're going to seriously cut NBA Live's budget. Once EA establishes a foothold on a video game genre they just stop putting money into it. Remember how good Madden used to be? That's because NFL 2k was still being made, then EA bought the rights to the NFL's name and Madden hasn't been updated since.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 11:07 PM
You guys should consider yourselves lucky that EA hasn't taken over Take 2 yet because the second they do they're going to seriously cut NBA Live's budget. Once EA establishes a foothold on a video game genre they just stop putting money into it. Remember how good Madden used to be? That's because NFL 2k was still being made, then EA bought the rights to the NFL's name and Madden hasn't been updated since.

Yeah i know what you're saying. Once they buy take 2, they got no compition so they don't have to make great games.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I've always been a Live* guy cause i don't have any consoles and I only use my pc. But even so, I liked Live* so much better than I liked the K series. I'm excited to hear of more features this year, in 09.

I read somewheres live 09 wasnt gonna be for PC. Could be wrong i'll try to find the source.

greg_ory_2005
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM

That's gonna be the worst day ever!! :(

G2BOAT
07-18-2008, 12:04 AM
The online feature on NBA Live should be good too.

"5 vs. 5 Online Team Play all 10 players on the court can now be controlled by users on 10 different consoles around the world. Now the game outcome can be completely dependent on how you play as an online team."

That sounds really cool and now they have the player DNA, wow should be good.

STAT32
07-18-2008, 12:49 AM
The thing NBA 2k9 had going for it was that fact that it was simple and great. Until Live 09 can improve their gameplay I still am going with 2k9.

kntresistheheat
07-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Am sure 2k9 is aware of what live has come up with, I am sure 2k9 has something up there sleeve or have the same feature?.......I will always go 2k!!

DerekRE_3
07-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Notice how 2K9 hasn't revealed anything yet?

Could mean something BIG.

theuuord
07-18-2008, 01:31 AM
live has already stated they won't have a superstar mode.

but if 2k9 does it's automatic which side i'm choosing.

(hell, i might get both.)

BrizzleBear
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Live looks pretty sweet, But cant say which im going to get until I see 2k9 videos.

Reezy
07-18-2008, 02:16 AM
i watched a couple videos..but its not me playing it. I kno what im getting with 2k9 an wil def be buying that. i will rent live an see whats up
Just download the demos when they come out and do a comparison that way. Saves money too! :)

Kyben36
07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Quick Question, is it still the same shooting where you press the shoot buton and it doesnt matter how long you hold it. LOL

Dirty Dirk41
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM

does the feature work for association?? or just online games. i dunno

FOBolous
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
i'm not going to judge until i compare the game play between the two games. but from my experiences, the 2k series have better game play than the live series.

rico
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
cool feature, but as you can see in the gameplay the shots and everything just look bad..

ill be buying 2k9. i hope we get some good cool features/upgrades done!

noturnormalhero
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
im not too sold on NBA live and never really have been either. the gameplay is not as good as 2k and overall, i rather play 2k anyday over Live. the whole DNA feature is an "intriguing" feature at best but still seems eh to me. updating a players tendencies is more realistic, i'll give you that but it'll make it harder to adjust to a player if he's a perimeter shooter and all the sudden he become a slasher and u have to adjust to that? eh. The whole joystick control with Live last year was a big thing and i played the demo and wasnt too thrilled about it. I wish 2k would do the player introductions like live has done. and i seriously more than anything hope 2k takes out the ridicolous ball handling of every pg because not all pg's do crazy dribbling/crossovers at midcourt lol. i know someone knows what i'm talking bout!! but yea..i'll do like i do every year. buy 2k..run live on demo..and hate on live and love 2k. the end.

Raptors27
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
im not too sold on NBA live and never really have been either. the gameplay is not as good as 2k and overall, i rather play 2k anyday over Live. the whole DNA feature is an "intriguing" feature at best but still seems eh to me. updating a players tendencies is more realistic, i'll give you that but it'll make it harder to adjust to a player if he's a perimeter shooter and all the sudden he become a slasher and u have to adjust to that? eh. The whole joystick control with Live last year was a big thing and i played the demo and wasnt too thrilled about it. I wish 2k would do the player introductions like live has done. and i seriously more than anything hope 2k takes out the ridicolous ball handling of every pg because not all pg's do crazy dribbling/crossovers at midcourt lol. i know someone knows what i'm talking bout!! but yea..i'll do like i do every year. buy 2k..run live on demo..and hate on live and love 2k. the end.

Nicely put. Live went downhill after 06, but 05 sucked IMO