PDA

View Full Version : Are Nuggets Looking To Get Better??

robyboy22
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
these are alll restricted free agents!!! all good players!!!!

Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor, Monta Ellis, Andre Iguodala , Jose Calderon, Antawn Jamsion, Shuan Livingston, Josh Childress all restricted free agents! with a bigger cap room with the loss of camby what do nuggets look to do next???

get josh smith a young talented player! Andre Iguodala come back to old team mate Iverson, Nuggets go for big man Antawn Jamsion? i think he might be too expensive!! Nuggets sign Shaun Livingston??? how many injuried players do we need on are roster??... ok Nuggets go for Josh Childress?? Monta Ellis??? ok how about Luol Deng??

NUGGETS SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR THESE TWO THINGS! BIG AND DEFENSE!!! :clap:

=( Come on nuggets make some changes throw us a bone! :violin::hide:

WHAT IDEA DO YOU HAVE FOR THE NUGGETS???????????:confused::ohno:

DJiC
07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
jamison and calderon are already resigned with their teams....josh smith dosent want to play for woodson so that gives us a good chance to get him, and we can prob use some of the mle to get livingston, and then we should save the rest of our money for when AI contract runs out......
ai/livingston
smith/smith
melo/kleiza
martin/nene
nene/hunter

dwanna23
07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
yes

I can see josh smith sign with nuggets since he have issues in atlanta with woodsen. Nuggets need a young player like him! he would bring talent

C-Dub
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
josh smith is also a PF so I think Melo would move to SG in that situation and Smith would play SF as long as Kmart is there

pd7631
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm pretty sure the Nuggets are well over the salary cap even without camby now....if that's the case then they can probably only use the mid level exception to sign someone which is not gonna be enough to get any of the guys mentioned above. I think you're pretty much lookin at your team for the start of the season barring a trade.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah pd7631 is right. Even though we got rid of Camby & Najera's contracts, we still cant sign sum1 over MLE. That's y i think were going 2 trade our best player, AI. Think of ideas 2 trade him though.

Melo For No1
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes correct were under the cap, and we do need to get rid of AI, and hes not our best player ill tell you that much he was just keeping the ball from melo thats all.

But we need to Trade Iverson For a Big MAn and 7footer ya kno sooo any idea ppl?

then we can resign jr.

Stormblast
07-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes correct were under the cap, and we do need to get rid of AI, and hes not our best player ill tell you that much he was just keeping the ball from melo thats all.

But we need to Trade Iverson For a Big MAn and 7footer ya kno sooo any idea ppl?

then we can resign jr.

No, we are still over the cap.

denverprophet
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Part of the Camby trade was a $10mil trade exception, look for the Nugs to do a sign and trade for Okafor!

Stormblast
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I highy doubt that Charloote would be willing to part with Okafor

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
If the Nuggets could someone get Okafor then they would be a real contender out west. But what would they have to give up?

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
If the Nuggets could someone get Okafor then they would be a real contender out west. But what would they have to give up?

Is Okafor an upgrade over Camby? :confused:

And that is without even considering who they would have to part with to acquire Okafor.

DenButsu
07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Okafor WON'T:

-be a Nugget

Okafor WILL:

-be overpaid

He already turned down the Bobcats' previous offer of $12 million/year. He's looking for a max contract. And by my estimation, it's highly, highly doubtful that he's worth it. Meanwhile, even if the Nuggets wanted to use their trade exception this summer (which they probably won't, opting instead to wait until AI's contract comes off the books next summer), it's $10, which wouldn't be enough to pay for Okafor. Or Josh Smith, for that matter.

Neither of them are going to Denver.