PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have Mark Cuban as Owner or the person we have now Jerry Reinsdorf?

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Would you rather have Mark Cuban as Owner or who we have now Jerry Reinsdorf?

Make your case:

Option 1:
Give me Mark Cuban even though he is arrogant and no one likes him because he spends money in order to get a good team.

Option 2
Give me Jerry Reinsdorf because he is at least likeable among others and we have won 6 titles with him as owner.

Deng's Rose
07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Mark Cuban no boubt................. But whats the point of this? I am pretty sure we would take almost every owner over ours right about now.

BirmBaron#45
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Would you rather have Mark Cuban as Owner or who we have now Jerry Reinsdorf?

Make your case:

Option 1:
Give me Mark Cuban even though he is arrogant and no one likes him because he spends money for to get a good team.

Option 2
Give me Jerry Reinsdorf because he is at least likeable among others and we have won 6 titles with him as owner.

Well I think Jerry is a baseball guy first and Mark is a basketball guy first although his name has been mentioned with the Cubs. Cuban has toned down a lot, but since the Ref scandle you kinda look back and see that he was little justified in his angst. I love an owner who is passionate about his sport and team. So give me Cuban...he's a "new age" owner and probably relates well to the "new age" player better than any other owner.

jtlive2006
07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Mark Cuban, no doubt.

Badluck33
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
JR = 6 NBA Championships 1 MLB World Series

Cuban = 0 (zero) NBA Championships

:rolleyes:

kozelkid
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
mark cuban is your george steinbrenner, reinsdorf is your typical cheap owner who got lucky with mj.
mark cuban EASILY and hopefully he gets the cubs

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 11:55 AM

Very true that is why I mentioned it however Reinsdorf is the same guy who said when giving MJ 30 million that he was going to live to regret that decision.

Cuban probably would have given MJ 50 million a year for those last 2 years to just have some titles.

Vincent
07-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Reinsdorf gets a lot of undeserved flak.

He has much more experience in the league, seen more things than Cuban, and makes sound financial decision.

Cuban is too irrational with his spending, unorganized in his approach, and makes too many "emotional" decisions.

You don't build a winner through "emotional" decision making, it comes from analysis and smart decisions.

I don't understand why people call Reinsdorf cheap.

He signed Tyson to a 10 million a year deal.
Ben Wallace to 15 millioni a year deal.
Kirk Hinrich to a 10 million a year deal (declining).
Andreas Nocioni to a 8-9 million a year deal.
Offered 10.5 million to Deng, and close to 9 million to Gordon.

He over paid for every player mentioned.

He even paid a 35 year old 30 million dollars.
And made Phil Jackson the highest paid coach in history (at the time).

Jerry Krause was the GM that broke up the dynasty. Not Reinsdorf.

Cuban is a good owner, but he's also a BIG distraction to his team.
Reinsdorf trusts his GMs and likes to direct from the shadows.

That's what an owner should do, not run his big mouth and cause the commissioner to hate you and your team.

Cuban deserves A LOT of credit for bringing Dallas out of the celler, but he is by NO means a better owner than Reinsdorf.

Jabbar
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I hope Reinsdorf sells the team or even passes away. He's a stupid mutha****a

KH12
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Duh.

Sox Appeal
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM

That's a little harsh..

I would rather have Mark Cuban. His fans are treated great (On fan appreciation day he gave them 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the world), He also treats his players as well or better as any owner in the league. From what I've hear the Mavs have the best locker room, training room, etc in the league. And to top it off, he loves to win. And a guy like that would be more then welcome to own the Bulls.

jtlive2006
07-17-2008, 04:26 PM

Now that's a little too far, even though i dont really like him.

Jabbar
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I know I'm just really pissed off. It seems every time things are looking up, his stupidity messes up the team. Hey, I'm just calling for an ownership change

jtlive2006
07-17-2008, 04:32 PM
I know I'm just really pissed off. It seems every time things are looking up, his stupidity messes up the team. Hey, I'm just calling for an ownership change

yea, i'm pretty mad too.

Vincent
07-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Let's see here

Pre-Reinsdorf 1966-1984 (18 years)
ONE Division title
7 winning seasons (over .500)

Reinsdorf Era 1984-Present (22 years)
6 Division Titles
6 Championships
14 winning seasons (over .500)

chicagowhitesox
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Cuban would be really entertaining.

KH12
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't worry though, Cuban will be owning a team located in Chicago real soon. :)

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Let's see here

ONE Division title

6 Division Titles
6 Championships

Again, the salary cap wasn't an issue at the time, now it is.

Vincent
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
So,

mortgaging your future (Devin Harris, 1st round draft picks), locking up your salary cap for the next 5 years with no financial flexibility, for a 36 year old point guard who shoots 40% from the field and gets burned badly by the new fresh point guards in the game.... all for your second straight first round exit.

I didn't know that was a sparkling example of being a great owner.

BigLebowski
07-17-2008, 06:32 PM
So,

mortgaging your future (Devin Harris, 1st round draft picks), locking up your salary cap for the next 5 years with no financial flexibility, for a 36 year old point guard who shoots 40% from the field and gets burned badly by the new fresh point guards in the game.... all for your second straight first round exit.

Hahah true, not saying he has done a bad job with the Suns. But he hasnt even been able to get them to the finals with their all-star cast. Nor do I think it was smart to deal for Shaq

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
So,

He is willing to take chances and doesn't mind spending money. His team was a contender already for 3 years, he needed to make a move to try to get them over the top.

DeShaun Brown
07-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Definitely Cuban

Soop
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Cuban in a landslide.

Chicago Legends
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
completely OT, but sooper I love that pic of Harris

The General
07-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Let's see here

ONE Division title

6 Division Titles
6 Championships

This isn't because of him, The Bulls won those championships in spite of him. And if it wasn't for Reinsdorf, the team would have stayed together longer. The reason Jordan retired in 98 was because of the relationship he had with Reinsdorf. He ran Pippen out of town because he was too cheap to renegotiate his contract.

Reinsdorf doesn't even care about the Bulls that much, he himself said that his 1 WS title means more to him then all of his titles with the Bulls.

I personally would rather have an owner like Cuban or Steinbrenner, who care more about winning then the bottom line.

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:59 AM
This isn't because of him, The Bulls won those championships in spite of him. And if it wasn't for Reinsdorf, the team would have stayed together longer. The reason Jordan retired in 98 was because of the relationship he had with Reinsdorf. He ran Pippen out of town because he was too cheap to renegotiate his contract.

Reinsdorf doesn't even care about the Bulls that much, he himself said that his 1 WS title means more to him then all of his titles with the Bulls.

I personally would rather have an owner like Cuban or Steinbrenner, who care more about winning then the bottom line.

:nod:

Pippenfan
07-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Hahah true, not saying he has done a bad job with the Suns. But he hasnt even been able to get them to the finals with their all-star cast. Nor do I think it was smart to deal for Shaq

what the hell does the suns have to do with anything?.........

DabullsDabearsD
07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Anybody who picked Reinsdork over Cuban should be banned from PSD.

playanomor
07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Well then you better ban me, because Jerry Reinsdorf has brought this city a lot of hardware, and we should all be grateful. Cuban thinks like a fan, and while he'll surely throw the money around, that usually doesn't work. Jerry is a money conscious owner, sure, but make no mistake about it, he wants to win, and he wants to win badly. He'll spend the money to win too, because let's face it, the Bulls sellout every single home game, he's going to make money no matter what.
So would I rather have an intelligent owner who thinks about the future impact of his decisions or a guy who thinks he's playing Owner mode in a video game? JR please.

Badluck33
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM

your an idiot. Move to dallas

Vincent
07-22-2008, 02:06 AM

Whatever, it just shows that you don't know much about basketball

MJ-BULLS
07-02-2009, 12:54 PM
mark cuban, reinsdork is a cheap owner

fin_frenzy_84
07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Who wouldnt want a owner that will fight the other team

path2zion
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
pretty absurd question, Cuban is a great owner and most fans like him because they can relate to his passion

JordansBulls
07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Who wouldnt want a owner that will fight the other team

People who may think he is arrogant.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
One question, Can someone tell me what Mark Cuban has ever won in Dallas??

NastyRud
07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
This isn't even a fair poll. We all know Cuban is willing to spend whatever it takes. I know we are voting as fans, but if you were a stockholder of a team, who would you choose? Why not make a poll - JR vs Donald Sterling?

Chi City23
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
One question, Can someone tell me what Mark Cuban has ever won in Dallas??

This question isnt really about who's won more championships.. its which owner do you think would spend the money to improve his team. I can almost bet that Pau Gasol would have been a Bull if Cuban was owner the 2nd time Gasol was on the block and they wanted expirings.

Give me Mark Cuban :D

UD5soul
07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I'd rather have Carrot-top then either

Kyben36
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I like what Reinsdorf is doing to us right now. Instead of just handing out $, we have got to look at all angles, especialy with 2010. If we are wining though, and we are good, which we soon will be with Rose getting better, he will get some better players.

Why in all honesty, spend too much $ now, by the time Rose is in possison to win, they will be too old too be a contributing factor for the time we want.

If you get Amare, and it takes rose 3 years to turn into the player we know he will be, we will have a 30 year old 20 mil contract next to Rose. Lets wait to spend our $, and get some young talent.

DLeeicious
07-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Cuban EASILY! All you arguing Cuban hasn't won anything is kind of ridiclous logic. He has built a top team in the West that has been contenders for years, it's not the owners fault that his team never sealed the deal, just like it's not Reinsdorfs doing having Jordan all these years.

Raoul Duke_91
07-03-2009, 02:18 AM
say what you want about cuban.
he wants to win, and so do I.
Ill take cuban

Kyben36
07-03-2009, 03:02 AM
your an idiot. Move to dallas

What have they done, Given Dirk too much $, traded a future allstar for a washed up player, and still cant do anything. They are terrible defensivly and arnt going to be good untill their players are expired. Their 2 good to be a lotery team but not good enough to be a contender.

I would take the dorf man any day of the week. he is setting us up to win. When Ty And Rose develop, along with noah and Deng, he will pay, but he isnt going to just dish out the cash for above average role players.

abe_froman
07-03-2009, 03:09 AM

I would take the dorf man any day of the week. he is setting us up to win. When Ty And Rose develop, along with noah and Deng, he will pay, but he isnt going to just dish out the cash for above average role players.
your taking a huge leap of faith there..one that deng will ever be healthy and not be affected by his injury going forward...that tyrus will reach his full potential.neither are sure things...oh and that jerry(who wouldnt pay for gasol[a star] or ben[one of the core]),would indeed pay to keep them together

if the mav's were in the east,they would have dominated(hell always top 10 in west=ec champs for most of the past decade)

Kyben36
07-03-2009, 03:15 AM
your taking a huge leap of faith there..one that deng will ever be healthy and not be affected by his injury going forward...that tyrus will reach his full potential.neither are sure things...oh and that jerry(who wouldnt pay for gasol[a star] or ben[one of the core]),would indeed pay to keep them together

if the mav's were in the east,they would have dominated(hell always top 10 in west=ec champs for most of the past decade)

DO you want proof that Cuban is an idiot. He just offered Jason Kidd, age 36, a 3 year deal worth around 9 mil per. Now, do you want a 39 year old Pg on a deal worth 9 mil. I konw I dont.

And I dont care if they dont develop, Deng will be a role player, Noah solid, and we will have something that Cuban will never have come FA time, CAP SPACE. so if Ty does bust, we will still have the ability to get somebody with talent. Cuban is stuck with the MLE. While we will have around 20 mil to sign players next year.

abe_froman
07-03-2009, 03:16 AM
DO you want proof that Cuban is an idiot. He just offered Jason Kidd, age 36, a 3 year deal worth around 9 mil per. Now, do you want a 39 year old Pg on a deal worth 9 mil. I konw I dont.

if he has no fear of going over the tax,which he doesnt

Kyben36
07-03-2009, 03:35 AM

Didnt we go through this once B4, we came off a good season, so we sign Ben Wallace, Sudenly we start sucking, I think that Reinsdof wants to see us succede WO a big name signing, If we can do that, a signing could put us over the top. we dont want to do the same thing again, pay big money and have the team fall apart. look at what hapened to Philly, they are now stuck with Brand, who realy doesnt work with them. Where they realy competing B4 that, no, so they sign a player and hoped it made a diference, now they have him under a huge contract and have no room to even find thier walets much less pay somebody. If we are competing W/O a Signing, and we do sing Bosh/Amare, whatever, it will just put us over the top to hopefully #1 seed area. not just competing.

abe_froman
07-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Didnt we go through this once B4, we came off a good season, so we sign Ben Wallace, Sudenly we start sucking, I think that JA want to see us succede WO a big name signing, If we can do that, a signing could put us over the top. we dont want to do the same thing again, pay big money and have the team fall apart. look at what hapened to Philly, they are now stuck with Brand, who realy doesnt work with them. Where they realy competing B4 that, no, so they sign a player and hoped it made a diference, now they have him under a huge contract and have no room to even find thier walets much less pay somebody. If we are competing W/O a Signing, and we do sing Bosh/Amare, whatever, it will just put us over the top to hopefully #1 seed area. not just competing.

but it was all the while staying on the cap,wallace never took us over it..its why we traded tyson for nothing..because signing both would have taken us over it.

this is the nba,you cant succeed without big names..getting one/depending on one isnt the problem,its who you do it on(brand and philly,clearly dont mix and wallace was old and didnt want to be here)...and no clue where you get the idea we're competing

Bulls_fan90
07-03-2009, 05:01 AM
I'd take the owner of Portland over both. Now that guy has set up his team for the next decade.

JordansBulls
07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I'd take the owner of Portland over both. Now that guy has set up his team for the next decade.

Very true.

BullySixChicago
07-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Reinsdorf gets a lot of undeserved flak.

He has much more experience in the league, seen more things than Cuban, and makes sound financial decision.

Cuban is too irrational with his spending, unorganized in his approach, and makes too many "emotional" decisions.

You don't build a winner through "emotional" decision making, it comes from analysis and smart decisions.

I don't understand why people call Reinsdorf cheap.

He signed Tyson to a 10 million a year deal.
Ben Wallace to 15 millioni a year deal.
Kirk Hinrich to a 10 million a year deal (declining).
Andreas Nocioni to a 8-9 million a year deal.
Offered 10.5 million to Deng, and close to 9 million to Gordon.

He over paid for every player mentioned.

He even paid a 35 year old 30 million dollars.
And made Phil Jackson the highest paid coach in history (at the time).

Jerry Krause was the GM that broke up the dynasty. Not Reinsdorf.

Cuban is a good owner, but he's also a BIG distraction to his team.
Reinsdorf trusts his GMs and likes to direct from the shadows.

That's what an owner should do, not run his big mouth and cause the commissioner to hate you and your team.

Cuban deserves A LOT of credit for bringing Dallas out of the celler, but he is by NO means a better owner than Reinsdorf.

I have 2 points that I would ike to discuss first one that 35 year old was Michael Jordan and paying him 30 mil was a deal. Do you think any of the other 29 teams would have given MJ that money? yes some even more.

#2 Jerry reinsdorf has to take responsibility for the break up of the BULLS not Krause, Krause had about as much power to break up that team as you or I have. The jerry's believed that the adminstration had a much to do with winning than the players and that was the reason the jerry's felt they could break up this team and rebuilt it to be dominate again. If you think Krause had that kind of power you know nothing about Reinsdorf. None of the Bulls players cared for Krause and he and Phil were in that hate mood and Phil has made it clear that if krause was to be their he would not come back and these players MJ, Pippen nd Rodman also expressed that same feeling, so the blame clearly falls on the owner Jerry Reinsdorf not krause, if reinsdorf had sided with the coach and players the Bulls probably would have won atleast more titles

Chi City23
07-03-2009, 11:08 AM
What have they done, Given Dirk too much $, traded a future allstar for a washed up player, and still cant do anything. They are terrible defensivly and arnt going to be good untill their players are expired. Their 2 good to be a lotery team but not good enough to be a contender.

i'd rather give Dirk too much $ than Luol freaking Deng!!! and he traded for a Jason Kidd who actually isnt washed up yet, to try to win a CHAMPIONSHIP!! Devin Harris might become an allstar but probably wont lead a team to the Finals like Kidd has done. Dallas needed an experienced Vet with leadership qualities and Kidd was what they thought they needed to get over the hump.

Kouki_Monstah
07-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Cuban. Jerry is a stingy prick who will not ever bring this team to a championship again. The End.

Badluck33
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM

Why was this reopened again???

Seventh King
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Cuban would be interesting as GM in Chi....hell, the city would love him.

Seventh King
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I have 2 points that I would ike to discuss first one that 35 year old was Michael Jordan and paying him 30 mil was a deal. Do you think any of the other 29 teams would have given MJ that money? yes some even more.

#2 Jerry reinsdorf has to take responsibility for the break up of the BULLS not Krause, Krause had about as much power to break up that team as you or I have. The jerry's believed that the adminstration had a much to do with winning than the players and that was the reason the jerry's felt they could break up this team and rebuilt it to be dominate again. If you think Krause had that kind of power you know nothing about Reinsdorf. None of the Bulls players cared for Krause and he and Phil were in that hate mood and Phil has made it clear that if krause was to be their he would not come back and these players MJ, Pippen nd Rodman also expressed that same feeling, so the blame clearly falls on the owner Jerry Reinsdorf not krause, if reinsdorf had sided with the coach and players the Bulls probably would have won atleast more titles

JR has always had the final say, agreed. But Krause was fat freakin' prick who also screwed things up in a major way. Indirectly, Krause should be blamed as much if not more.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
This question isnt really about who's won more championships.. its which owner do you think would spend the money to improve his team. I can almost bet that Pau Gasol would have been a Bull if Cuban was owner the 2nd time Gasol was on the block and they wanted expirings.

Give me Mark Cuban :D

What has Mark brought in? He traded away a talented point for kidd who is on the decline.

He overpays paople like Dampier. He also fires VERY GOOD coaches like Avery Johnson.

He isnt exactly the risk taker i would want. Nothing he has taken a risk on has actually worked.