PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rockets good enough to win the NBA Title with this current team next season?

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Are the Rockets good enough to win the NBA Title with this current team next season? Or do you think they are still lacking something?

PG Alston/Jackson/Brooks
SG T-mac/Barry/Head
SF Battier/Novak/Harris
PF Scola/Hayes/Landry
C Yao/Deke/Dorsey

Manos
07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
If healthy, I think they have a shot, won't be easy, but I don't think any team in the West is going to have an easy road to the Finals.

frizbo72
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Anything can happen but I believe T-mac will need to have sat at least 30 games during the season so he has some legs under him come playoff time.

Jpripper88
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Unless Tmac can get back to the way he used to and should play by driving to the hoop and creating, I don't think the Rockets can go all the way. If T-mac can do that though then if healthy the sky is the limit. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Unless Tmac can get back to the way he used to and should play by driving to the hoop and creating, I don't think the Rockets can go all the way. If T-mac can do that though then if healthy the sky is the limit. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

You don't know how much as a Bulls fan I would be love be in you guys situation now. I mean two top 10 players in the league that is strong defensively with a good coach. I think this team if it stayed together the next 4 years could win 2 titles.

T-Mac_Attack
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
As a start I'm confident that this is the year that we're better than San Antonio, it seems like every time we play them we hear a stat about how we haven't beaten them at yadda yadda arena since blah blah and other **** but I think that's all over with now.

As for NBA Championship... the question is will Yao & McGrady be healthy all season long. If the answer is yes, we ARE either #1 or #2 in the west. That's not questionable, that's fact.

Tmac to da rack
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Homer, Im not convinced yet that we can win with this team, We need that 3rd superstar, but with this team, I think will end up getting the 4th seed again. Now im hearing rumors that Mavs are interested in Artest, if Mavs get Artest we're pretty much screwed.

Alex-sama
07-17-2008, 12:15 PM
our bench is still too week. we need stronger bench to share the PT of the starting lineup. Or else we'll get the same situation as this year. Four out Five of the starting lineup is injured.

HouRealCoach
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
If we can get a third star

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
If we can get a third star

Why do you need a 3rd star?

Seriously I never understood why you would when you have the best possible combination for winning a title. A dominant post player and wing player. You just need solid role players after that that have their respective roles and you have that already.

Russjr2
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Why do you need a 3rd star?

Seriously I never understood why you would when you have the best possible combination for winning a title. A dominant post player and wing player. You just need solid role players after that that have their respective roles and you have that already.

We just need consistent role players around our 2 stars and for them those 2 to stay healthy. We have not had consistent role players since T-Mac got here. We are starting to see some light with Scola and now bringing in Barry. I think we are one more trade away from truly saying "now we are ready to seriously contend." So we will see what happens this summer and come the trade deadline.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
i think the rockets have a good chance of winning a title. i think we will be in the top three seed :]

Go ROCKETS

BRADfromOZ
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I think we need someone 6'11" who can got out and give us 30 minutes 10+ppg 10ish rpg and 2ish bpg if Yao gets injured again.

Alex-sama
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I think we need someone 6'11" who can got out and give us 30 minutes 10+ppg 10ish rpg and 2ish bpg if Yao gets injured again.

At least someone who can share some minuts of yao. Right now we don't have any legimate C behind yao. Deke didn't signed yet. Woods is gone (not i'm concerned about him but still he have some length)

Jay22Redd
07-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Yes of course. i believe we will be a top 2 team in the west

JordansBulls
07-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes of course. i believe we will be a top 2 team in the west

I think so as well. I think they need to aim for homecourt throughout.

mightybosstone
07-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I think that every year, there's probably 12-15 really solid teams in the NBA and that 7-8 of those teams have a realistic shot at making the finals. To do so, I think your team has to realistically have a few things:

1) solid defense
2) at least 2 solid scoring options
3) experienced coaching staff and veteran players
4) a decent big man and someone who can take over the game in crunch time
5) a deep bench

In the East, I realistically only see Boston, Detroit, Cleveland and possibly Orlando and Philadelphia (though both are still pretty young teams). In the West, I think Los Angeles, New Orleans, Houston, and Utah are the only real contenders (and yes, I'm ruling out Dallas and Phoenix, because I think they're soft and they're playing with a new coaching staff).

If this club stays healthy, I think they're definitely on that list of teams with a chance.

Alex-sama
07-19-2008, 08:00 AM
I think that every year, there's probably 12-15 really solid teams in the NBA and that 7-8 of those teams have a realistic shot at making the finals. To do so, I think your team has to realistically have a few things:

1) solid defense
2) at least 2 solid scoring options
3) experienced coaching staff and veteran players
4) a decent big man and someone who can take over the game in crunch time
5) a deep bench

In the East, I realistically only see Boston, Detroit, Cleveland and possibly Orlando and Philadelphia (though both are still pretty young teams). In the West, I think Los Angeles, New Orleans, Houston, and Utah are the only real contenders (and yes, I'm ruling out Dallas and Phoenix, because I think they're soft and they're playing with a new coaching staff).

If this club stays healthy, I think they're definitely on that list of teams with a chance.

Our bench is very thin especially at the C. Right now only Yao. Deke still not signed :( We missed an great 6th man that can produce a lot of point when our stars are resting. Types likes Ginobli, Barbosa, JR Smith,

mightybosstone
07-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Our bench is very thin especially at the C. Right now only Yao. Deke still not signed :( We missed an great 6th man that can produce a lot of point when our stars are resting. Types likes Ginobli, Barbosa, JR Smith,

Hmm.... actually, I think we have a really talented bench for the first time in years. Deke will eventually resign and we'll have Brooks, Jackson, Barry, Landry (hopefully), Deke, and maybe Dorsey, Greene, or Harris. That's solid and gives us backups at every position on the floor if needed.

Alex-sama
07-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Hmm.... actually, I think we have a really talented bench for the first time in years. Deke will eventually resign and we'll have Brooks, Jackson, Barry, Landry (hopefully), Deke, and maybe Dorsey, Greene, or Harris. That's solid and gives us backups at every position on the floor if needed.

I'm agreed with you we've quite talented bench. But they don't seems to be able to make alot of points when our starters are resting.
If we have an 6th man that can produce pnts when our stars are resting. We can force the oppenent to keep their starters stay on court to reduce their resting time.

JordansBulls
07-19-2008, 01:37 PM

I thought Deke said he was going to sign?
:confused:

mightybosstone
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm agreed with you we've quite talented bench. But they don't seems to be able to make alot of points when our starters are resting.
If we have an 6th man that can produce pnts when our stars are resting. We can force the oppenent to keep their starters stay on court to reduce their resting time.

I thought Landry, Brooks, and Jackson were all pretty good offensive weapons off the bench last season. Hayes and Deke are amazing defenders off the bench. Barry should bring both and could provide that bench scoring that we lack at times.

Alex-sama
07-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I thought Landry, Brooks, and Jackson were all pretty good offensive weapons off the bench last season. Hayes and Deke are amazing defenders off the bench. Barry should bring both and could provide that bench scoring that we lack at times.

Let's hope that Barry still has some fuel in his tank and we can be NBA champ after 13 years :D

JordansBulls
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Let's hope that Barry still has some fuel in his tank and we can be NBA champ after 13 years :D

What are your expectations for him this season?

Alex-sama
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
What are your expectations for him this season?

I've high hope for this guy. He has the exp, shooting skill and playmaking skill to be a great weapon of ours. But his age is the biggest problem. On other hand Deke is a great example that even older players can do some great job. That's why I'm hoping he has some fuel in his tank. But may-b we should take a plan b in case his out of fuel. Greene should be a great one but consider his ultra low shoot FG% this summer league ( come on it's just summer league how could you get this low FG%!!! ). That's why IMO we still need an great 6th man. If Barry still have some fuel in his tank an 6th and 7th man would be even greater :D We still has a lot of potential but there are too many uncertain factor in our team. Player like SF3 is an example :(

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
I've high hope for this guy. He has the exp, shooting skill and playmaking skill to be a great weapon of ours. But his age is the biggest problem. On other hand Deke is a great example that even older players can do some great job. That's why I'm hoping he has some fuel in his tank. But may-b we should take a plan b in case his out of fuel. Greene should be a great one but consider his ultra low shoot FG% this summer league ( come on it's just summer league how could you get this low FG%!!! ). That's why IMO we still need an great 6th man. If Barry still have some fuel in his tank an 6th and 7th man would be even greater :D We still has a lot of potential but there are too many uncertain factor in our team. Player like SF3 is an example :(

Would you guys still be able to get Bonzi back? I thought he was a good 6th man.

Alex-sama
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
IMO he was a great 6th of ours. But Morey traded him away for some unknown reason. I don't think he'll be back to us any time soon.

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 01:25 AM
where is he going?

Tblaze
07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
If healthy they're one of the top teams, if not they'll leave in the first round again or they need to get themselves a 3rd star.

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
If healthy they're one of the top teams, if not they'll leave in the first round again or they need to get themselves a 3rd star.

I think everyone could agree with that.