PDA

View Full Version : Climb the mountain back?

Hellcrooner
07-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Has it ever happened before? can someone make it happen?

As long as i can remebre ive seen brilliant careers go downhill and never recover, but go worst and worst by the day, Kemp, Baker, Tarpley, Pippen, Rodman, Jim Jackson, glen robinson.

They where great at one moment even HOF like ( Shawn kemp) and suddenly the faded away and never came back.

Ive seen people with a not so good start go up teh hill into stardom like John Starks , Pj Brown or Carlos Boozer.

And ive also seen people with a slow start teh go up the hill for some time and then fall down again like Harold Miner or Cedric Ceballos for example.

The thing is, have you any recall of someone that after going Downhill has Relived his career and Glory?. I cant recall anyone.

Is tehre any hope for the Marburys, Francis, Kwames , Antonie Walkers etc to go back to where they once belonged?

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't really think there's hope for the older players. I think Kwame has the better chance out of all of them because he's in a young team in Memphis and will get some touches.

king4day
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Jerome james went up the hill for about 2 weeks. Then was never heard from again.

^^^ Good call on Kwame. I can see him playing better on a team who's system he fits better in.

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
The Birdman will come back and lead the Nuggets' charge into the 2nd round of the playoffs... and beyond.

Bank on it. (http://www.insomniacslounge.com/uploaded_images/andersen-730475.jpg)

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Has it ever happened before? can someone make it happen?

As long as i can remebre ive seen brilliant careers go downhill and never recover, but go worst and worst by the day, Kemp, Baker, Tarpley, Pippen, Rodman, Jim Jackson, glen robinson.

They where great at one moment even HOF like ( Shawn kemp) and suddenly the faded away and never came back.

Ive seen people with a not so good start go up teh hill into stardom like John Starks , Pj Brown or Carlos Boozer.

And ive also seen people with a slow start teh go up the hill for some time and then fall down again like Harold Miner or Cedric Ceballos for example.

The thing is, have you any recall of someone that after going Downhill has Relived his career and Glory?. I cant recall anyone.

Is tehre any hope for the Marburys, Francis, Kwames , Antonie Walkers etc to go back to where they once belonged?

Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Antonio Mcdyess are guys who were just plain studs and got injured and were never the same thereafter.

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Antonio Mcdyess are guys who were just plain studs and got injured and were never the same thereafter.

Great examples. Grant Hill was a beast playing for the Pistons but got injured and became just a role player.

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Grant is definitely not a role player. He is so underrated these days. Grant is still a beast. PHX lost him this year and flopped. The only player on their roster who had a chance to guard Parker effectively. Especially considering Raja's steady decline.

lakers4sho
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I think it depends on the players work ethic. If he is really dedicated to the game of basketball he can slowly work his game back. Unless its really a serious injury and a lot of pain lingers. Then it's a signal for you to stop playing.

Raptors27
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Darius Miles is a attempting to come back from a career ending injury, so he kinda counts cause he was a pretty good player before the injury.

ARMIN12NBA
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Jerome james went up the hill for about 2 weeks. Then was never heard from again.

^^^ Good call on Kwame. I can see him playing better on a team who's system he fits better in.

I can see Kwame playing well backing up a center on a playoff contending team. If you can recall, Kwame was playing pretty well behind Bynum until Bynum got injured and Kwame was pushed into the starting lineup and didn't do well under the spotlight.

Kwame doesn't have the work ethic or the physical attributes (bad hands) to become a great player, but he is a free agent right now and if he goes to a team already with a starting center then he will do well. Heck, I can seem him going to the Lakers and backing up Bynum once again. Remember, he has lots of friends on that team and I'm sure he would like to play there since he had the prime of his career there (2006 playoffs).

agobbi17
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
rockets go hard