PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith

Squad13
07-17-2008, 01:36 AM
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of landing Smith. If we don't think Artest can keep it together, or don't want to take on bad contracts, or even more likely the kings don't want to trade with us. We should go after Josh, he is young, a freak athlete, that can finish better then anyone not named Kobe, or Lebron. He is limited in his shot like Odom, but has time to improve and plays amazing defense. Imagine our future with Bynum/ Smith/ Farmar/ Sasha
Imagine our line up with this freak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_Ps6dSWnM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_knIWQf1NY&feature=related

Iron24th
07-17-2008, 01:39 AM
I like Josh Smith,I don't think if he will mesh well with our offense,but he will mesh great with our defense.

Vidball
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I don't think he's an option AT ALL. We don't have anything ATL wants (aside from Bynum). No chance of happening.

DisBeAliG
07-17-2008, 01:44 AM
^^^^^^^^ I agree with this. Let's stay focused on realistic trade scenarios.

Iceman_9
07-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Lets be real. We cant get Smith. I dont think he shoots the 3pts very well too.

Squad13
07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
They don't want to pay him and can free up space.... it's not nothing.

BlackMambaKB24
07-17-2008, 02:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ yes please. Josh Smith turned down Philadelphia's offers that ended up getting them Elton Brand. There's no way in the world he's coming here, or going anywhere for that matter b/c he's ATL's franchise player and they will match any offer in a heartbeat

bigboyblu
07-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Ive always loved the idea of Josh Smith in our lineup but its not likely

IndyFan
07-17-2008, 07:26 AM
josh smith is fool's gold. he has all of kobe's vices and none of his virtues. bad idea.

:)

LAStory
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I saw a report on sportscenter that says he doesn't want to come back and play for mike woodson. Odom deal could work, as ATL doesn't want to lose him for nothing, plus it is an expiring contract for atlanta so odom would only be there for a year. Most teams with cap space used it already, so his choices of wanting out are limited. But I do say that it won't happen only because mitch won't even think about doing something like this.

GermanLakersFan
07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
OH Yes hes one of the very few guys I'd rather have than Artest!!

LA_Raiders
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't think he's an option AT ALL. We don't have anything ATL wants (aside from Bynum). No chance of happening.

Agree

marques724
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
No shot at happening

santana88
07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
josh is great but i think we will get more out of LO and LO may and is a bettr fit the josh

SportsFan1988
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM
First off, Smith > Artest.
Secondly, Mitch would NEVER be able to match with other teams, what he's going to be getting, he's a superstar on the rise, and we will never give him that kind of money, especially considering we don't have that kind of money to give him.

'Mazin Met'
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
While we would all love to see him in a Laker uni, Josh Smith isn't an option guys.

Move on.

gdaddyphnw
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
all of you who are saying a trade for odom is not a possibility are forgetting who we got for kwame brown and javaris crittenton.

purplen'gold81
07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree - I don't think it's very likely we would get him.

ironkobe
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
dont want him kobe would be jacking up more shots cause he has no offence wut so ever

RoyalG333
07-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Josh Smith would be cool, but its a pipe dream...:sleep:

calight77
07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Smith adds instant defensive intensity, and is more consistent offensively than Odom. Smith is younger, more athletic and will be less expensive than re-signing Odom to a long term deal. Atlanta's FO seems reluctant to sign anyone to a long term contract, and the fact that they stil have been unable to come to terms with Smith makes a sign and trade for Odom seem feasable.

XJW18
07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
i would love to have him on our team
i just dont think it will happen!

BigDaddyKaine
07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
If we were able to get smith OMG i would be ecstatic but i doubt we would get simth

Smith is the best defensive player IMO

all the block shots him and bynum would have together

_Sn1P3r_
07-19-2008, 06:55 PM
It would be great getting Smith but let's face it, it's not happening.

samxeyeam
07-19-2008, 07:04 PM
If we were able to get smith OMG i would be ecstatic but i doubt we would get simth

Smith is the best defensive player IMO

all the block shots him and bynum would have together

I agree... Before I sat down and thought about trading odom... I really was pushing for josh smith or tayshaun prince due to their age and their defensive minded play... But right now I rather keep the team together... IF odom HAS to go then #1 would be josh smith (shoulda won the DPOY award) and #2 T.Prince... and thats it... Josh Smith is a can do everything guy with less court vision than odom but he will make you pay if you dont watch yourself on offense... pretty good 1v1 defender and a hell of a help defender... T.Prince is better at shooting from beyond the arc... So to break it down...
What they are better at then the other guy...

Odom = court vision, he's like an overgrown PG... can push the ball, usually its him pushing the ball upcourt on fast break situations... probably the best rebounder out of the 3 but the other two arent that far behind...

Josh Smith = shot blocker, can defend pretty well at 1v1, can show some improvement in that area though... BUT he will make up for it on help defending... very athletic and a great slasher. Strong enough to guard PF's and quick enough to guard SF's...

T.Prince = Outside shooting... His range is far the best out of the 3... He can hit that open 3...

They all score decent amount of points, get rebounds, steals, assists... etc... they basically fill up the stats across the board... Just those things above (I think) are the only difference between them...

calight77
07-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Possible 3 team trade

LAkers out- Odom/Ariza/Mihm

Atlanta out- J. Smith/Zaza

Detroit out- Mcdyess

LAkers in- J.SMith/Mcdyess

Atlanta in- Odom/Mihm

Detroit in- Ariza/Zaza

Detroit is badly in need of a SF since Tayshuans only backup Jarvis Hayes left for New Jersey and are already as far over the cap as the LAkers- Ariza is a def. minded player who would fit well into their system. Detroit is also overloaded at the PF position and would be taking on 2 expiring contracts in Ariza and Zaza- giving them flexibilty to resign their young core in stuckey/maxiel/samb/afflalo next season.

Atlanta Gets 2 expiring contracts in Odom and Mihm, and add 2 veterans to their young team. Also gives them flexibility to see how Odom fits this season, can resign him, trade him, or let him walk leaving them plenty of cap space for a free agent next year(Rasheed/Marion/Artest/Iverson/Boozer/Kidd)

Lakers add toughness and defensive stabilty in Smith and Mcdyess. Smith adds athleticism and is only 22 years old and will be less expensive than resigning Odom to a long term deal, giving us more financial stability down the road. Mcdyess is a solid veteran defender/rebounder who can hit the 15ft. jumper and make FT's and would be anchor for our young bench.

DES
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
With Smith Instead Of Odom...i Say U Guys Take The Ring Next Yr...but I Doubt Its Gonna Follow Thru.....odom Sucks. Smith Is An Upgrade....more Defense...

NDP1981
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
No way we get Smith. No way. Not even comparable to getting Gasol , different terms, team and direction.