PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How many of you believe Amare will be the MVP one day?

STAT32
07-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Do you guys feel Amare has what it takes?

List your reasons, projected stats for his "MVP" year, and what year you think he gets it done.

I say yes. Amare averaged 30 ppg and 9 reb while playing alongside Shaq.

I think he wins it next year, averages 31 ppg 11 reb 2.5 blks

PhxGiant
07-17-2008, 01:20 AM
I am 100% sure he will get a couple.

People tend to knock his rebounding, but look at it this way, for his whole career he has been teammates with shawn marion and idk the last time two members of the same team averaged 10 plus boards a game.

I agree with the stat line, with the other starters getting older and older Amare will have to bring all his averages up, i think this is the year that it really becomes his team.

FreedomReigns
07-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Amare's MVP statline:

Pts: 32
Reb: 9.5
Blk: 2.5
FT %: .900+
FG: .550+

Dunks: 250+

2008/2009 MVP

stawka
07-17-2008, 03:35 AM
I think this coming season will be his. Hope so too!

lavis
07-17-2008, 06:11 AM
None. I'm just being realistic. If a game is on the line, how often does the focus go to Amare? Never. Guys who win MVP's get that focus. There's always been stat monsters..

STAT32
07-17-2008, 03:18 PM
^^^ I don't understand what your getting at? The game often does come down to Stoudemire, example that 2ot game against Dallas? Amare was also the go to guy for the final 20 games of the season when he really started to play at an mvp level. And another thing the reason the game doesn't come down to Amare yet is because it wasn't actually his team until this year. Nash would always take the clutch plays because it was his team.

I really think your wrong, just watch Stat this year and you'll change your mind.

theimortalone
07-17-2008, 04:02 PM
None. I'm just being realistic. If a game is on the line, how often does the focus go to Amare? Never. Guys who win MVP's get that focus. There's always been stat monsters..

I dont understand you with what you said. It makes no sense to me! Think about what he did when The Big Cactus came to Phx. He elevated Amare's game to anther level. Amare averaged over 30 pts with Shaq for 30 games imagine how he will be when he plays a whole season with Shaq. He will be MVP. Just watch. He is gonna have monster numbers!!! I predict 31 ppg 10 rpg 2 bpg, and Amare elevates his defensive level this year! He will be the MVP next year.

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
^^^ Imortal, Lavis is saying that being the MVP is just not all about stats and although I do agree with that I disagree with Lavis when he says Amare is not our go to guy who can take over a game.

king4day
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I think yes because now more than ever, you can't say, "well nash is on his team anyway".
When we got Shaq he improved big time as well.
He's going to improve in some areas this year I'm sure, and if Porters system makes Amare look good on team D, then he could very well be a runaway (or close to it).

Ajwlive
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Amare will win it one year, maybe not next year but hes got the stats and the game to get it at some point.

theimortalone
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
^^^ Imortal, Lavis is saying that being the MVP is just not all about stats and although I do agree with that I disagree with Lavis when he says Amare is not our go to guy who can take over a game.

Oh okay. We I think ever since we aquired Shaq, Amare has been dominating the PF position. No one is better(With the exception of Tim Duncan of course.)

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Amare has the capability to completely take over a game on both ends of the floor. Now, i'd just like to see that happen more often.

Ajwlive
07-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Amare has the capability to completely take over a game on both ends of the floor. Now, i'd just like to see that happen more often.

Yes I agree completely

ink
07-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I think yes because now more than ever, you can't say, "well nash is on his team anyway".
When we got Shaq he improved big time as well.
He's going to improve in some areas this year I'm sure, and if Porters system makes Amare look good on team D, then he could very well be a runaway (or close to it).

Oh okay. We I think ever since we aquired Shaq, Amare has been dominating the PF position. No one is better(With the exception of Tim Duncan of course.)

I agree. A big part of his improvement is due to the fact that he's no longer playing out of position. Does anyone have any stats on whether or not his foul totals declined when he moved back to his natural 4 spot? IMO it's that stat (fouls) that will make or break him as an MVP candidate. You can't win MVP if you're on the bench in foul trouble.

PhxGiant
07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
His scoring dominance over shadows something i've seen him do well this past season, many times i saw STAT make great passes, i wouldnt be surprised if he manages 3 assists as well.

chadillachembre
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
all he needs is to play some defense and he will win one and every year be considered. there is not one big man in the nba that is better offensivly than amare. once he can balance it out with D he will become a 1st ballot hall-of-famer