PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest

Laker4Life23
07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Alright for the last couple of days I've read a lot of stuff about trading for Ron Artest, but I don't get what the big deal about him is. I think Ron Artest blew his chance to be a Laker, and if we trade for him now we'll get screwed. He saw Baron and Elton opt then he wanted to opt out. We could've had him and kept Lamar and or maybe Jordan Farmar if he's included in the deal. Plus we have to take on the ridiculous contract of Kenny Thomas. I wouldn't do this trade, Lamar fits this offense perfectly. We haven't even seen Bynum, Pau, and Lamar on the court at the same time yet. If Artest wants to be a Laker then he needs to wait until next summer.

Squad13
07-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Alright for the last couple of days I've read a lot of stuff about trading for Ron Artest, but I don't get what the big deal about him is. I think Ron Artest blew his chance to be a Laker, and if we trade for him now we'll get screwed. He saw Baron and Elton opt then he wanted to opt out. We could've had him and kept Lamar and or maybe Jordan Farmar if he's included in the deal. Plus we have to take on the ridiculous contract of Kenny Thomas. I wouldn't do this trade, Lamar fits this offense perfectly :speechless:. We haven't even seen Bynum, Pau, and Lamar on the court at the same time yet. If Artest wants to be a Laker then he needs to wait until next summer.

Please inform us on how "Lamar fits this offense perfectly." I think we all would like to know.

QBRONX
07-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Please inform us on how "Lamar fits this offense perfectly." I think we all would like to know.right on brother ! lol

Laker4Life23
07-17-2008, 01:00 AM
What I mean by that is, that he doesn't demand the ball. Lamar just waits until the ball comes to him. Ron needs to score to be effective. The only thing is that he plays better d than Lamar.

Laker4Life23
07-17-2008, 01:00 AM
An ego like Rons can't coexist with Kobe.

Vidball
07-17-2008, 01:04 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013902.html

LAS VEGAS - There was a blog post that is lost forever, 500-plus words of summer league reflections that disappeared due to technical difficulties.
No matter. There's Ron Artest chatter to get back to anyways.
According to a source close to Dallas, the Mavs have offered Brandon Bass and Jerry Stackhouse for the Kings small forward. The chatter was first reported by Hoopsworld here, but I've independently confirmed the pieces in the offer. Stackhouse has a contract that's almost identical to Artest's ($7.4 million, expiring for Artest; $7 million expiring for Stackhouse), and Bass is a young beast of a big man who comes at the bargain price of $826,269 (also expiring). I can't even come close to seeing Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie doing this deal, not unless Josh Howard is involved.
And from what I'm told, that's not going to happen. As the Mavs see it, the perceived risk of taking Artest is acceptable so long as the price of getting him is Bass and Stackhouse. Lose Howard to get Artest, though, and the gamble is too great. As is always the case, though, things could change.
As far as the continuing frontrunners in the Artest sweepstakes, I've been told by a source close to the Lakers that there are no ongoing discussions. The next relevant date remains Friday, when the Lakers' deadline to match Ronny Turiaf's offer sheet passes. It's at that point the Lakers may decide to take on Kenny Thomas to fill Turiaf's old role or quite possibly engage a third team in the deal so as to avoid his contract. As for whether the Lakers have offered Lamar Odom, that hasn't officially happened but I'm told he is absolutely available. - Sam Amick

NDP1981
07-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Please inform us on how "Lamar fits this offense perfectly." I think we all would like to know.

I'm dying to know as well.:smoking:

Iron24th
07-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Artest doesn't want to be a Laker,he just doesn't want to be a King anymore.

lakers4sho
07-17-2008, 01:30 AM
People, isn't it obvious?? You sure haven't seen Lamar play. He can hit the 3 on a consistent basis (38% last season). He spaces the floor pretty well, which will allow Kobe and Co. to attack the inside. He has a tenacity on defense, stopping elite forwards such as LeBron and Paul Pierce. What else do you want from him?

Vidball
07-17-2008, 01:32 AM
People, isn't it obvious?? You sure haven't seen Lamar play. He can hit the 3 on a consistent basis (38% last season). He spaces the floor pretty well, which will allow Kobe and Co. to attack the inside. He has a tenacity on defense, stopping elite forwards such as LeBron and Paul Pierce. What else do you want from him?

I assume you mean Wild Bill Artest. I wish LO could do those things :D

lakers4sho
07-17-2008, 01:36 AM
I assume you mean Wild Bill Artest. I wish LO could do those things :D

I'm just answering how "Lamar fits the offense perfectly" :D

ARMIN12NBA
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM

Are you talking about Lamar or Artest? Lamar shot 25% last year.

Vidball
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Ohhh...lol

lakers4sho
07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Are you talking about Lamar or Artest? Lamar shot 25% last year.

I'm just answering how "Lamar fits the offense perfectly" :D

;)

Iceman_9
07-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Alright for the last couple of days I've read a lot of stuff about trading for Ron Artest, but I don't get what the big deal about him is. I think Ron Artest blew his chance to be a Laker, and if we trade for him now we'll get screwed. He saw Baron and Elton opt then he wanted to opt out. We could've had him and kept Lamar and or maybe Jordan Farmar if he's included in the deal. Plus we have to take on the ridiculous contract of Kenny Thomas. I wouldn't do this trade, Lamar fits this offense perfectly. We haven't even seen Bynum, Pau, and Lamar on the court at the same time yet. If Artest wants to be a Laker then he needs to wait until next summer.

Here we go again talking about offense. What we NEED is a defensive player who can match up against quick and strong SF in the league. We lost in the finals coz we were not able to play tough D and the celtics did. LO CAN'T match up against those SFs in the league.

Lakersfan2483
07-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I am willing to part ways with Lamar if we can get any of the following small forwards: Marion, Artest, Battier + L. Head, or C. Butler. Personally, I would like to get Marion and or C. Butler back, we should have never traded Caron, Lamar should have been traded not him, but that is old news. I also like A. Jamison, I think he is a tweener, can play small and power, but I don't see the Wiz giving him up. I would trade Lamar+ Mihm for Marion. Sign K. Thomas for the midlevel exception or add another big buy.

Lakersfan2483
07-17-2008, 02:20 AM
I like the idea of a more defensive minded team, we have way too many offensive minded players on our team. I would not mind Josh Smith, but we don't have the cap space to sign a guy like that.