PDA

View Full Version : Camby "insulted" by trade

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 12:47 AM
"Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives. I definitely feel insulted... When I first heard about the trade, I felt like I was the scapegoat after all our past first-round exits and failures and lack of defense. I felt it was them telling me that I was no longer wanted and I was the cause of everything that went wrong the last couple years on this team... I'm still in disbelief. I'm still in shock. I still can't believe this happened... Obviously, the Nuggets don't owe me any explanation... I understand that this is definitely a business, but I felt that the six years of service that I put in on the court and off the court, they at least could have given me a heads-up on what was going on. I feel very disrespected on that aspect... I'm definitely frustrated because I felt that I gave it my all... There were years when I was the only (healthy) big guy on the team when all the big guys around me were hurt. I would still play hurt and do my all for this team. I didn't realize my salary was that much compared to everyone else's. They basically dumped mine and got nothing in return... The team and the organization always talked about the need to play good defense, but they traded away a pretty good defender... From that aspect, I really don't understand the move. They obviously feel confident with the team they have assembled right now to get some things done."rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/16/camby-insulted-trade/)

Game_Over
07-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I get his point it seems like working hard, playing hard, and being great in the community sure doesn't pay off around here!!

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 01:03 AM
I get his point it seems like working hard, playing hard, and being great in the community sure doesn't pay off around here!!

Yeah, regardless of whether this ends up having been a good move for future team building, etc., it's absolutely clear to me that it was a very poorly executed move, on a personal level to Camby (not to mention the other players on the team who consider him their friend and comrade), on a personal level to fans (who still haven't gotten a satisfactory explanation for the trade), and on a PR level in terms of looking like a totally foolhardy and incompetent organization.

If they felt they absolutely had to pull the trigger on this, they could have done it with much more class, much more tact, and much more style than they did. The way they went about it comes across as sloppy, tacky and slimy.

NDP1981
07-17-2008, 01:23 AM
He has some good points. It just all comes down to money.

3RDASYSTEM
07-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Its A Biz Camby Get Over It Plus If Ya That Deep In Community Work Still Come Back, Helpin Lesser Ones Have No Restrictions Doesnt The Nba Have Programs For Community Work, Last Time I Checked They Did

avsman05
07-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Camby has a right to be upset just like the rest of us do. I mean seriously that was one of the worst trades pulled off in recent history from sense to personality. Camby is taking this quite well IMO, if this was a guy like Ron Artest or Marbury how do you think they would have done? Oh wait they wouldnt be in this position because the FO wouldnt use them like they used Camby. Pathetic!

DJiC
07-17-2008, 02:11 AM
it is a business but seriously kmon trading him for a 2nd rd pick is pretty damn insulting considering he was the leading blker in the league and avg prob 15 reb a game...i mean kmon its like trading melo for a washing machine

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 02:44 AM
it is a business but seriously kmon trading him for a 2nd rd pick is pretty damn insulting considering he was the leading blker in the league and avg prob 15 reb a game...i mean kmon its like trading melo for a washing machine

But remember, the initial reports were slightly mistaken, and they didn't actually trade him for a 2nd. They traded him for the option to swap second rounders with the Clippers in 2010.

So it's really not like trading Melo for a washing machine. It's like trading Melo for the right to switch your washing machine with your neighbor's if theirs is better than yours 2 years from now.

Kohaku
07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
But remember, the initial reports were slightly mistaken, and they didn't actually trade him for a 2nd. They traded him for the option to swap second rounders with the Clippers in 2010.

So it's really not like trading Melo for a washing machine. It's like trading Melo for the right to switch your washing machine with your neighbor's if theirs is better than yours 2 years from now.

The washing machine analogy made much sense there =].

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 03:07 AM
The washing machine analogy made much sense there =].

:laugh2:

Hey, I didn't create it, I just ran with it, so give credit where it's due. :smoking:

BRAVE KID
07-17-2008, 09:26 AM
camby has every right to be upset, every right to bash this organization, he has every right to be insulted. this was my favorite quote

The team and the organization always talked about the need to play good defense, but they traded away a pretty good defenderhe is damn right.

congrats to the clips they got themselves a good ballplayer for free. this FO is a joke.

TexMet
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I'll live and Die a Nuggs fan.... This however is BUSH. :mad:
I don't see how we can get thumped every year in the FIRST round due to the lack of heart on this team, and have owership admit it, and then go and trade one of the ( ok the ONLY player that showed any sign of Defensive effort ) ???? I agree a big salary dump for them is a good thing, but now what ? Better be good.:pray:

Kohaku
07-22-2008, 01:00 AM
If I were Camby I'd be pretty damn insulted too.

IBleedPurple
07-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah Camby was disrespected badly, as was our FO.

I know he's a nice guy, but it would be nice if he pulled a sprewell on Karl

ChitownbullsBG7
07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
No i dont think it was a bad move. I dont think the bulls wanted to do a Camby for a Kirk trade. So what they did was trade Camby for the 10mil trade exception.

Now with the Trade exception and a future pick, we will most likely be interested.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
He is better then what the Nuggets got for him and thats pretty insulting..Especially when its a measly 2nd rounder..

DenButsu
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
He is better then what the Nuggets got for him and thats pretty insulting..Especially when its a measly 2nd rounder..

The original reporting on the trade was somewhat mistaken, which has resulted in lingering confusion about the details.

So just for the record, he wasn't traded for a 2nd round pick, he was traded for Denver's option to swap 2nd round picks with the Clippers in 2010 if theirs is better than ours.

Even better, see?

TheFuture6
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm insulted by the trade as well.

DenButsu
07-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm insulted by the trade as well.

I think it has the possibility of being a very good move in the long run. But it all depends on how they use that trade exception, and we may not know that until next summer. I was really pissed at first, though, and it was handled horribly and with disrespect to Camby, that's for sure.

*Superman*
07-29-2008, 04:41 AM
Poor Camby, when his career is over, he is gonna look back and see that he got traded for a 2nd rounder.LOL! Got to ask him how that feels.

jeff86
08-01-2008, 07:13 PM
o and now i have to get rid of my camby sig

sucks