PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers Are Not Gonna Match The Warriors To Turriaf

ULT WARRIOR408
07-16-2008, 11:17 PM
RONNY IS GONNA BE A WARRIOR CUZ THE LAKERS CANT AFFORD TO MATCH OUR OFFER TO HIM WITCH IS GOOD CUZ HE IS JUST WHAT WE NEED COMING OF THE BENCH WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT EVEN TAKE AL HARRINGTONS JOB ITS POSSIBLE.:p

tru_warrior
07-16-2008, 11:44 PM
link to make this official?

Kdirt
07-17-2008, 12:06 AM
RONNY IS GONNA BE A WARRIOR CUZ THE LAKERS CANT AFFORD TO MATCH OUR OFFER TO HIM WITCH IS GOOD CUZ HE IS JUST WHAT WE NEED COMING OF THE BENCH WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT EVEN TAKE AL HARRINGTONS JOB ITS POSSIBLE.:p

your getting a bit ahead of yourself now. they can match if they want to. they probably wont, but they certainly can. turiaf over harrington, thats a bit far fetched, get real. he wouldnt start over wright.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 12:10 AM
sportsrise fool its a local sports show in sactown

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 12:30 AM
if they matched the offer it would put the lakers over the cap cuz of all the money they have tied up on other players & he could easily start over AL im not saying he will but its possible fool!!!

Kdirt
07-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Doesnt mean they CANNOT match it. I am aware they will be over the luxury tax if they match it. And dont make stupid senseless predictions like Turiaf over Harrington, thats just ********. He wouldnt start on any team except bottom of the barrell bum squads like seattle and even thats pushing it.

CLOSE THIS GARBAGE THREAD. WHEN HE SIGNS THEN MAKE A POST.

likemystylez
07-17-2008, 01:20 AM
what inspired this thread? Everybody and their mother knew the lakers cap situation last week when the offer was made. Has something changed, or has a public statement been made....

or did ULT just learn about the lakers cap situation. BTW they have been over the cap the last few seasons.

Crazy Crab
07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
well.... WHEN is the week deadline up? i could not think that far ahead.

GWarrior
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
well.... WHEN is the week deadline up? i could not think that far ahead.

Friday

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
It's only Thursday!!

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
your getting a bit ahead of yourself now. they can match if they want to. they probably wont, but they certainly can. turiaf over harrington, thats a bit far fetched, get real. he wouldnt start over wright.

exactly

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
It's only Thursday!!

it was last thursday we signed him to the offer sheet so its been a week today

here is the link that says he signed last thursday the 10th

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/turiaf_offer_sheet.html

oracle650
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
back off the ult man. dude knows his hoop kinda like garlic with out the computer skills face it dude masters windows he'll be cold.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanx For Havin My Back Dawg & Your Correct It Is A Bunch Of Haters On Here

Crazy Crab
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM
thanks for the info. is it friday? who said thursday? do i have too much time on my hands? i am sorta looking forward to seeing this guy on the warriors. was anybody at oracle the night turiaf scored 22 points against the warriors? he LIT them up. he looked great--hope he can play like that all the time. plus, i respect the dude for going through that surgery and coming back to play right away.

http://www.dailymotion.com/_Kingjames23_/video/x5idc4_ronny-turiaf-block-deron-williams_sport

Warriorsforlife
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I was at that game cab. He can be a monster at times. I think were gonna be able to utilize him better than the lakes did.

I dont get the haters either. Its just a thread, if you don't think its worthy of your time - DONT READ IT.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Nobody's hating,
We're just saying it's not a guarantee.

The Lakers we're trying to trade Odom for Artest, or trying to trade Odom period. If they traded Odom for Artest, they would shed cap space as Odom makes $14.5 million.

In my mind, if they trade Odom, they keep Turiaf.

I really want Turiaf as well, but it's not a lock.

S.J.Basketball
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Doesnt mean they CANNOT match it. I am aware they will be over the luxury tax if they match it. And dont make stupid senseless predictions like Turiaf over Harrington, thats just ********. He wouldnt start on any team except bottom of the barrell bum squads like seattle and even thats pushing it.

CLOSE THIS GARBAGE THREAD. WHEN HE SIGNS THEN MAKE A POST.

Harrington is GARBAGE. Shoots way too many 3's and is a compete pu$$y underneath the boards. Gimmie a break.

Warriorsforlife
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Not a lotta hate here but its just annoying when someone writes somthing like this...

"CLOSE THIS GARBAGE THREAD. WHEN HE SIGNS THEN MAKE A POST"

I mean geesh its just something that was on a warrior fans mind. I for one like to read anything like this cuz I'm so damn bored at work sometimes.

danbuc0101
07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
its not official until the lakers orginization recieves a notice that he has signed an offer sheet. So we dont know wen that exactly is. Its not wen espn says it.

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Not a lotta hate here but its just annoying when someone writes somthing like this...

"CLOSE THIS GARBAGE THREAD. WHEN HE SIGNS THEN MAKE A POST"

I mean geesh its just something that was on a warrior fans mind. I for one like to read anything like this cuz I'm so damn bored at work sometimes.

it wasnt the thraead, it was the person who posted it who is a goon

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 03:21 PM
o its my non spelling friend t-wac & id rather be a goon then a un educated clown like you.

oracle650
07-17-2008, 03:21 PM
^thread is what you meant to spell rite. typing like 87 wpm. slow it down mane. instead of waitin for people to post things you disagree with why don't you post something? I know you know everything about warrior basketball from barry to beard to wilkes so throw me something informational. besides those fantasy trades. way more irritating then any of the threads dude posted.

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 03:38 PM
its not official until the lakers orginization recieves a notice that he has signed an offer sheet. So we dont know wen that exactly is. Its not wen espn says it.

he signed last thursday the 10th... i sent the link on the first page... so la had till the end of today to match

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 03:41 PM
^thread is what you meant to spell rite. typing like 87 wpm. slow it down mane. instead of waitin for people to post things you disagree with why don't you post something? I know you know everything about warrior basketball from barry to beard to wilkes so throw me something informational. besides those fantasy trades. way more irritating then any of the threads dude posted.

i really dont care about the spelling. once i get my labtop back ill be good but no other forum on here cares about spelling. i have been ehre for a while. you know what im trying to say.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
no i dont & no one else dose either

tru_warrior
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
i got what you sayin tmac.

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
im 27 and i havent been able to spell since i was a kid ...KAT .... see lol ... " cant we all just get along"..... **** we warrior fans go after the other guys lol least lets stick together and not bust each others balls all tha time

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
i feel you truth but that fool t-wac gotta go

oracle650
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
peace to the dubs fans out there. all of em.:clap:

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
i feel you truth but that fool t-wac gotta go

haha i wont be going anywhere new guy. i dont understand why your so obsessed with me. the first thig i wrote to you was, hey welcome to boards man? was that rude or something?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 04:32 PM
look t-wac get a life & stop talking to me i aint obsessed with its just me & my boy oracle650 are tired of you hattin all the time. p.s. tattle tale

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM
look t-wac get a life & stop talking to me i aint obsessed with its just me & my boy oracle650 are tired of you hattin all the time. p.s. tattle tale

lmao this is funny....

uhhh uh im like paul pierce throwin up tha B and doin tha blood bounce i smell blood i gotta ride with my boy "t-wac" lmao.... him garclic and conor been real coo with me since i been up on here... I got ur back Tmac :box::guns: .... naw but all jokin aside this thread is pretty gay now lets get back to hoops...:offtopic:

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM

then quit talking **** to everbody on here and quit responding to me if you dont like what i have to say. i have never had a problem with oracle but if you guys dont like me i dont care. but more support here than you do, i have goten about 9 or 10 private messages from other members here, complaining just about you. no one here was argueing or being an ******* to people before you showed up. please just leave it alone and move on with it

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
it ends here then we will not respond to each other then & you gotta serious problem

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
lmao this is funny....

uhhh uh im like paul pierce throwin up tha B and doin tha blood bounce i smell blood i gotta ride with my boy "t-wac" lmao.... him garclic and conor been real coo with me since i been up on here... I got ur back Tmac :box::guns: .... naw but all jokin aside this thread is pretty gay now lets get back to hoops...:offtopic:

thanks man

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
it ends here then we will not respond to each other then & you gotta serious problem

what a joke

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
stop talkin to are gay or something

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
oh really nice sentence again. yup its offcial. your like 14

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
no its you that needs to grow up

S.J.Basketball
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
So back to the topic. I think STARTING Turiaf or giving him major minutes will benefit the Warriors greatly. They will finally have a decent big man underneath the basket who can rebound well, block, and hustles his butt off. His mid range jumper isn't bad either. It'll stretch the Defense a little bit if he starts hitting those in a game.

Harrington is a shooting guard wannabe who won't bang inside. Kills me that a guy that big and tall can be such a pansy inside. Please let this deal go through to get Turiaf...

Thatruth32
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
So back to the topic. I think STARTING Turiaf or giving him major minutes will benefit the Warriors greatly. They will finally have a decent big man underneath the basket who can rebound well, block, and hustles his butt off. His mid range jumper isn't bad either. It'll stretch the Defense a little bit if he starts hitting those in a game.

Harrington is a shooting guard wannabe who won't bang inside. Kills me that a guy that big and tall can be such a pansy inside. Please let this deal go through to get Turiaf...

i agree with u about ronny.. thats why i liked to keep him on the bench so he can be that spark plug that we need and get those young guys playing with energy on a daily basis... nellie already said he was going to be back up C .... i dont see nelson starting a player who is limited with his O.... but should be a nice pick up

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
rite on its good to see a fellow san jose warrior fan agree with me

tru_warrior
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
you guys are hilarious. lets just put it this way ult warrior...i definitely value your opinion in this forum and lookin forward to chattin dubs bball all season long with all of you.

...but starting threads that are titled with something thats your opinion...is just not worthy of space here on this forum and it just wastes everyones time. i click on it because i think there is a new update on something...but its just you babbling about something that we already had threads about. use those threads if you have something to say about those topics.

some of us have been in this forum for a long time...tmac, conor, garlic, etc...and just take it from us that what you're doing is really annoying.

Giants4Tniners
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, read this thread from beginning to end , Pretty ******* funny.

dannyboy19
07-17-2008, 09:39 PM
this is true i seen it at ballhype.com,hoopshype.com,hoopsworld.com,insideho ops.com or si.com lakers will not match offer cause of kenny thompson coming with artest maybe even hinrich in a 3 team trade...

J Russell OAK 2
07-18-2008, 12:10 AM
As a laker fan, u guys are going to get a really nice player... he isnt a starter but a great role player to have on the bench. plays hard EVERY SINGLE play, nice mid range shot, good solid rebounder, decent on ball defender, and just a monster when it comes to blocking shots. And most importantly when hes not in the game hell be jumping up and down on the sideline after somebody makes a great shot or great play. The lakers are gonna rele miss turiaf. Not necessarily for his raw skills but for the person he is, and for the type of teamate he is. Thank you ronny for everything. And good luck with ur new team

tadmanny
07-18-2008, 12:33 AM
I respect a post like that JRuss. By the way, our raiders r going to do work this season son! Im pumped! The arguing in this thread is pathetic. Were supposed to be posting **** about the warriors. If you say **** like "close this thread," you are obviously looking for a negative reaction. Stop being babies and start acting like grown men. We talk about the WARRIORS in here, theres no room for little hissy fits.

oracle650
07-18-2008, 12:37 AM
^yea the Raiders are gonna run over the league and I'm lookin forward to seeing the chargeretes destroyed. GO WARRIORS doe mane.

tadmanny
07-18-2008, 12:39 AM
for sure...i was just shouting out to the visiting laker fan. glad to see u cheer for the right teams oracle.

Tmac416
07-18-2008, 03:48 AM
lol the radiers, bigest mess in football, its all about the niners

oracle650
07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
^the niners wouldn't be the niners with out debartolo and the mob. and the raiders wouldn't be the raiders without the man tryin to hold us back. never the less the niners are the softest team in the league. good luck with smith. :Dthings are almost back to the league fearing us again. even when the 9ers were good no one was scared of em. I bet y'all were the original gaytriots. debartolo left and y'all sucked ever since.:cool:

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
lol the radiers, bigest mess in football, its all about the niners

yup yup.... raiders are the joke of tha nfl... real talk i dont hate the team i just hate the fans lol.... i dont even hate all fans just tha ones when they doin crappy and they still talkin like they superbowl champs... which has been ummmm about 25 years now what 83 84 ? anyways yea i hope we get ronny im supprised it wasnt yesterday because he signed the offer sheet on tha 10th yesterday was 7 days... so i wonder how much longer we have to wait... gotta be sometime today

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
^the niners wouldn't be the niners with out debartolo and the mob. and the raiders wouldn't be the raiders without the man tryin to hold us back. never the less the niners are the softest team in the league. good luck with smith. :Dthings are almost back to the league fearing us again. even when the 9ers were good no one was scared of em. I bet y'all were the original gaytriots. debartolo left and y'all sucked ever since.:cool:

so many things i wanna say lol but its friday trying to be in a good mood here and warrior forum im just gonna bite my tounge for now

oracle650
07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
yup yup.... raiders are the joke of tha nfl... real talk i dont hate the team i just hate the fans lol.... i dont even hate all fans just tha ones when they doin crappy and they still talkin like they superbowl champs... which has been ummmm about 25 years now what 83 84 ? anyways yea i hope we get ronny im supprised it wasnt yesterday because he signed the offer sheet on tha 10th yesterday was 7 days... so i wonder how much longer we have to wait... gotta be sometime today

well make peace then bruh. I'm neva like the typical RAIDER fan. have I assualted you? verbally or physcially. And I neva brag about the bum *** RAIDERS. not even in 99,00,01. By the way when was the last time y'all were in the playoffs? we didn't win. how you gonna play gruden with his plays. you know who I like and I neva diss ya weak giants or ya winers. but one of y'all had to open ya big mouth. you act like the raiders are the seahawks or the rams. besides the niners suck too rite now. 95 wasn't yesterday and before 82 you guys blew goats. madden football john madden. not walsh. good weekend to you.

oracle650
07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
pm me truth anytime you wanna talk to a real Raider fan. it won't hurt a bit. besides that wrong forum. I got a lot to say anytime you start that crap. I got your midgets and that team that buys super bowls not the cokeboys the other one.

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
well make peace then bruh. I'm neva like the typical RAIDER fan. have I assualted you? verbally or physcially. And I neva brag about the bum *** RAIDERS. not even in 99,00,01. By the way when was the last time y'all were in the playoffs? we didn't win. how you gonna play gruden with his plays. you know who I like and I neva diss ya weak giants or ya winers. but one of y'all had to open ya big mouth. you act like the raiders are the seahawks or the rams. besides the niners suck too rite now. 95 wasn't yesterday and before 82 you guys blew goats. madden football john madden. not walsh. good weekend to you.

lmao... its all good u do tha same pm me anytime im not ur typical niner fan too.... i actully would not hate on the raiders but i live in tha east bay (used to work 2 min from the stadium on sundays) and thats all i hear alll season is this and that so its easier to root for yall to lose so i dont have to hear it lol.. half my boys are radier fans with there raider tats to show... im gettin mine in about week (niners warriors and giants) anyways yea shoot its been a while since playoffs had to been when we had that comeback vs tha giants ..( that we should have lost) but yea off topic for this forum.... but i dont take none of it personal all in fun... and im tha first to say raiders got a sick D this year.. if your O can do anyting you should be decent this year . denver shouldnt do much and same with tha chiefs...

oracle650
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
^hope you guys do well too. like I said maybe not to you I hate most RAIDER fans because we have no reason to talk rite now. lot of those guys yap. and we have no reason too. last sb was LA raiders.:mad: off topic though man. my bad.:D

Frnchize
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
he signed last thursday the 10th... i sent the link on the first page... so la had till the end of today to match

It's not when Turiaf signs the offer, it's when the Lakers received the paperwork (either by fax or certified mail). They have until Friday night to decide to match.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Duh & They Received The Sheet Already They Til Midnight To Match It

Frnchize
07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Duh & They Received The Sheet Already They Til Midnight To Match It

Your grasp of the English language is astounding. Your teacher must be very proud of her star pupil.

fresh prince
07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Congrats to the Warriors. You guys will love Ronny.. Hopefully Nellie gives him more consistent PT than Phil did..

Nellie was gushing about him on NBA TV LAST week. He could end up starting:

Ellis
Jack
Magette/ Al Harrington
Turiaf/ Al Harrington
Biedrins

If Ronny gets 30 plus minutes per game he'll easily avg. 12 PPG, 7 RPG , 1.8 blocks

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Congrats to the Warriors. You guys will love Ronny.. Hopefully Nellie gives him more consistent PT than Phil did..

Nellie was gushing about him on NBA TV LAST week. He could end up starting:

Ellis
Jack
Magette/ Al Harrington
Turiaf/ Al Harrington
Biedrins

If Ronny gets 30 plus minutes per game he'll easily avg. 12 PPG, 7 RPG , 1.8 blocks

i saw in the 35 games were he at least got 20 min last year he had 10 points 5 boards and 2 blocks a game.... sounds good to me because i see him getting 15-20 min a game

John408
07-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I've never been a Turiaf fan. He shoots too much 20 footers that he cannot make. I would of rather had mbenga back cause he does the same exact thing. He just needs a little bit of coaching and direction.

We'll see this following season.

Conor
07-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Finally some muscle in our frontcourt, and luckily enough, it's someone who can hustle up the court on the fast break. Turiaf is a great fit, and if he gives us something like 6 points, 6 rebounds off the bench, I'll be happy.

_Sn1P3r_
07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
You guys will love Ronny's energy. Especially with a fast tempo team, it'll fit his style and he should do well.

tru_warrior
07-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I've never been a Turiaf fan. He shoots too much 20 footers that he cannot make. I would of rather had mbenga back cause he does the same exact thing. He just needs a little bit of coaching and direction.

We'll see this following season.

oh no you didn't just ask to get mbenga mback.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-18-2008, 10:25 PM
J.A. ADONDAE just confirmed this thread on ESPN the lakers wont match the offer to TURIAF & there was some hattin going on when i first posted this to those heaters know what

BigDaddyKaine
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
if they matched the offer it would put the lakers over the cap cuz of all the money they have tied up on other players & he could easily start over AL im not saying he will but its possible fool!!!

umm... lakers are already over the cap but they still could have matched the offer

Kdirt
07-18-2008, 10:47 PM
^ Yeah I agree with the above comment. You def came off the wrong way acting like the Lakers couldnt match. We all knew they probably wouldnt. Shoulda saved this thread for tonight.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-18-2008, 10:50 PM
YEAH Kdirt your rite but why wait when you know something that no one else knows

Thatruth32
07-18-2008, 11:39 PM
coo coo im glad we got him

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 04:11 AM
YES!!!
I think this is the end to the 20 plus rebounds a night by Boozer, Gasol, Aldridge, Odom, etc.

We got 2 bigs now, Biedrins and Turiaf.

Before it was like Old Skool Tag Team WWF. Biedrins was the tag team partner getting worked by 2 guys when the ref was distracted.

leftymo
07-19-2008, 10:33 AM
The Lakers didn't match not because of money.

They didn't match because they already have enough bigman depth and its a waste to pay 4 million/year to a guy who wouldn't play.

Ronny's game is actually pretty good, but in a contract year he struggled with consistency.

The minutes were down because he simply can't handle starter minutes. He's not in proper shape for it, and proved he's a career back up at best.

In terms of what he can do, at times he did have a consistent ability to knock down that shot at the elbow, but at other times he had trouble finishing at the rim (almost Kwame Brown esque). He's a good shotblocker but still developing his low post defense.

According to Phil, (although you'd think he's a physical player) he didn't really play all that physical. (See NBA Finals). For Golden State he'll be ok because there are no bigs for GS. Maybe overpaid a little but that's what GS does best.

tru_warrior
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
YES!!!
I think this is the end to the 20 plus rebounds a night by Boozer, Gasol, Aldridge, Odom, etc.

We got 2 bigs now, Biedrins and Turiaf.

Before it was like Old Skool Tag Team WWF. Biedrins was the tag team partner getting worked by 2 guys when the ref was distracted.

that's hilarious man.

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
[/B]

that's hilarious man.

What would be great is a picture of Andris Biedrins Look-a-like sting getting double teamed by the Demolition, or better yet the Bushwackers!

Jetracer
07-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Laker fan here, congrats on landing Ronny. Imma miss the guy. Extremely positive guy with hard work ethic and lots of enthusiasm. Imma miss him.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Laker fan here, congrats on landing Ronny. Imma miss the guy. Extremely positive guy with hard work ethic and lots of enthusiasm. Imma miss him.

Right on. He'll be a good sub for us. I really didn't like him much when we played against him but i guess that makes it a good thing now that he's a Warrior.