PDA

View Full Version : Deng for Prince???

phlp_bj
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM
The Detroit Pistons aren't just blowing smoke when they feed media outlet after media outlet rumors that they're after big name players. The Carmelo Anthony rumors were very real, as were the Tracy McGrady rumors, it's just that they couldn't convince the Denver Nuggets or the Houston Rockets that they should get something done.

Don't give up on Dumars yet.

Now that the Clippers have their deal complete with the Denver Nuggets, acquiring Marcus Camby for . . .well . . .basically nothing (OK, it was a possible second round pick), the Pistons are trying to get something done with one of the two remaining players who they might have a legitimate shot at landing.

The Chicago Bulls would ideally love to keep Luol Deng, but with negotiations going the way they're going it's likely the Pistons get serious in talks with Chicago. Tayshaun Prince would come back in trade and he's a veteran who could make life easier for new head coach Vinny Del Negro. Prince isn't exactly a vocal leader, but he knows how to win and he's all business.

The other name you should expect to see bantered about by Dumars and Company is Andre Iguodala. Again, now that the Clippers are out of the picture it's likely he returns to Philly. The Sixers were waiting to see if someone else would establish Iggy's value - much as the Hawks have been doing with Josh Childress and Josh Smith, but so far no teams have been willing to play the role of pawn in what would ultimately be fruitless enterprise.

The bottom line is Dumars isn't just using trade rumors to get his players tuned in and focused - he is very serious about making a "splashy" move, and won't rest until he's done so.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9502

Deng's Rose
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Ok so this is basically somebody pulling something out of their *** and putting it on the computer.

tduncanspeaks
07-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Prince with out question is the ebetter player. He is a 3rd option scorer just like Deng, but way better defender.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I have to say that while prince may be better... deng is the better investment...

MGB
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I have to say that while prince may be better... deng is the better investment...

:nod:

I want no part of this deal, it's total crap.

97'bulls
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I would strongly consider this

gocubs2118
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Hoopsworld=poopsworld.

Turtle55
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Hoopsworld=poopsworld.

Insightful, I wouldn't do it but if they do I wouldn't be too upset. It's about an even deal overall. Less potential but more consistency.

tduncanspeaks
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Prince=P Deng=D
Defense P
Ball Handling P
Attacking the rim P
Play making P
experience P
Outside jumper PD
I hate to sound cheasy but you invest in the best

kozelkid
07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Insightful, I wouldn't do it but if they do I wouldn't be too upset. It's about an even deal overall. Less potential but more consistency.

more than anything it's simply now vs future.
The more I look at the deal, the more I realize how fair it really is. as someone mentioned prince is good now, but deng is the better investment. however, prince IS only 28, meaning that he isnt that old and he could play in a high level for a good 4-5 years at least, which is enough as bull as rose becomes good. we need a veteran leader and he can become good. I'd consider it, I probably wouldnt do it, cause again deng is a better investment, but it is as fair as you can get...
another thing, is that imo thabo can essentially be a tayshaun prince.

KingofSwing11
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
yea although it would be even i couldnt do it a guy like prince helps a true contending team not a team who is still developing like us

SDBearsFan
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
i'd rather keep deng, but, i wouldn't mind prince at all.

Bg7getclutch
07-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat. He has really good defense and he'll be really good in our front court with thomas and noah. We'll probably get the most blocks than any team.

rico
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
prince is good, but i think id rather keep deng as well.

Hazardous-taz
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I thought Dumars wanted to go after superstars. It's probably hoopsworld bull, but if it's true, Dumars might be looking to get his team younger.

Bg7getclutch
07-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Deng wants a lot of money and i think he wants 10 mil for himself and the other 2 mil for sudan.

DamnGoat
07-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Kind of a stupid trade idea.

I can't see either team wanting to trade one of their best players to a division rival.

Vincent
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Prince is good, but he doesn't fit the Bulls very well.

I can't believe the Bulls would want to get rid of their most efficient scorer.

DopieB
07-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I have to say this sounds good, why not trade deng and gordon to the pistons for rip????? i'm kidding on that

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
This is ridiculous. People would trade Deng for Prince or Marion but not Melo?
:confused:

kozelkid
07-16-2008, 11:54 PM

(a) who said anything about marion
(b) that's because your trade scenarios are unrealistic. and you involve rose as well who no one in their right minds would trade for melo.

Afridi786
07-16-2008, 11:55 PM
^If it was a 1 for 1 deal, everyone would do it.

kozelkid
07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
^If it was a 1 for 1 deal, everyone would do it.

deng for melo? of course, but not rose, gordon, deng, that's just asanine, I wouldnt do rose for melo alone. if we wanted a melo type player, we would have jsut drafted beasley, who imo will be better than melo

BigBallinman
07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I would keep deng,we wouldn't be improving ourself with getting prince.

DamnGoat
07-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Since when is Melo really available? He's not.

And you know it'd cost A LOT more than just Deng to pry away a 24 year old Franchise Player.

Still, trading Deng for Prince would be a lateral move for both teams so the rumor is pretty stupid IMO.

Jabbar
07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd want a first round pick or rasheed wallace as well.

Pz

path2zion
07-17-2008, 03:12 AM
Let's face it peops...
Deng is good, real good, but I have him ranked as the #8 (or worse possibly) best SF in the East!
who's better?
here's my ranking...

Lebron
Pierce
Iggy
R. Lewis
R. Jefferson
G. Wallace
Josh Smith
Tayshaun
Deng
***if Beasely sticks at 3, he might be considered better before long as well.

And to be honest, Deng has pissed me off a bit this offseason. He turns down 10.5 last year, admits he should have taken the deal, then has an underachieving year, and caps it off by asking for 2mil more than last years offer. Finally, he ain't that much better than Noc, and Thabo is a jumpshot away from being as good as him also. If we can move him and improve, I think we should.

Jabbar
07-17-2008, 03:57 AM
However Deng is still 23. Check this out:

Lebron - 23
Pierce - 30
Iggy - 24
R. Lewis - 28
R. Jefferson - 28
G. Wallace - 25
Josh Smith - 22 and is listed as PF
Tayshaun - 28

Remove Josh Smith, put in Caron Butler - 28

The average age for the top SF's in the east is 26.75 excluding Josh Smith.

I don't necessarily agree with your ranking, but let's say all those other guys are better than Deng. It seems that the peak years for a SF is 25-30 years of age. Deng hasn't even reached his peak, therefore I think we should be asking for Rasheed Wallace and a 1st round draft pick if they want him.

Pz

Lizard King
07-17-2008, 04:08 AM
I hate the Pistons, therefor I would not do this trade.

Plus, Deng is younger, and unless we're trying to build a championship team for this coming season, than this trade is ridiculous.

JordansBulls
07-17-2008, 07:26 AM

Lebron - 23
Pierce - 30
Iggy - 24
R. Lewis - 28
R. Jefferson - 28
G. Wallace - 25
Tayshaun - 28

I don't necessarily agree with your ranking, but let's say all those other guys are better than Deng. It seems that the peak years for a SF is 25-30 years of age. Deng hasn't even reached his peak, therefore I think we should be asking for Rasheed Wallace and a 1st round draft pick if they want him.

Pz

IS Deng even better than any of them?

IndyFan
07-17-2008, 08:02 AM
prince is overvalued right now and deng is being undervalued. prince looks good because he plays well with the guys around him. if the bulls make a trade like this, it would be a step backwards.

:)

Deng's Rose
07-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Let's face it peops...
Deng is good, real good, but I have him ranked as the #8 (or worse possibly) best SF in the East!
who's better?
here's my ranking...

Lebron
Pierce
Iggy
R. Lewis
R. Jefferson
G. Wallace
Josh Smith
Tayshaun
Deng
***if Beasely sticks at 3, he might be considered better before long as well.

And to be honest, Deng has pissed me off a bit this offseason. He turns down 10.5 last year, admits he should have taken the deal, then has an underachieving year, and caps it off by asking for 2mil more than last years offer. Finally, he ain't that much better than Noc, and Thabo is a jumpshot away from being as good as him also. If we can move him and improve, I think we should.

There is no secret that the East is stacked at Sf but being honest except for LBJ, PP, Butler, and Turk there is no clear winner. You will have almost every other Sf chosen after then. Also Rashard Lewis played Pf last year and so did Smith.

Lebron - 23
Pierce - 30
Iggy - 24
R. Lewis - 28
R. Jefferson - 28
G. Wallace - 25
Tayshaun - 28

Pz

Ok but its not like he is Too far away from them agewise. and like i said above, aside from the top 4, their is no clear next choice. It will all depend on what kind of game you want. Butler, Turk, and Deng are all in the same boat as in they dont get the recognition because they are not playing how everyone wants them to. They get the job done without all of the fancy stuff but its not appreciated because people would rather have highlights than a player who goes out and gives you the same amount of numbers just in a quieter way.

IS Deng even better than any of them?

No, but most of them are on the same level as him. Some may be a little better but not by much.

prince is overvalued right now and deng is being undervalued. prince looks good because he plays well with the guys around him. if the bulls make a trade like this, it would be a step backwards.

:)

Dead on, it would be another Detroit system guy.

BirmBaron#45
07-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I thought Dumars wanted to go after superstars. It's probably hoopsworld bull, but if it's true, Dumars might be looking to get his team younger.

Without a doubt he's looking to get younger. His team has reached the East finals, what the last 4-5 years, they are getting old and will have to be traded to contendors for draft picks and expiring contracts. IMO, Prince was the center piece to their franchise and the player with the most value despite having a down year last year. So I have mix feelings about this deal. I would want more than Prince just because Detroit is in my conference and if Deng blows up or does rise to that next level, the Bulls will not want to look bad.

Bg7getclutch
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
There is no secret that the East is stacked at Sf but being honest except for LBJ, PP, Butler, and Turk there is no clear winner. You will have almost every other Sf chosen after then. Also Rashard Lewis played Pf last year and so did Smith.

Ok but its not like he is Too far away from them agewise. and like i said above, aside from the top 4, their is no clear next choice. It will all depend on what kind of game you want. Butler, Turk, and Deng are all in the same boat as in they dont get the recognition because they are not playing how everyone wants them to. They get the job done without all of the fancy stuff but its not appreciated because people would rather have highlights than a player who goes out and gives you the same amount of numbers just in a quieter way.

No, but most of them are on the same level as him. Some may be a little better but not by much.

Dead on, it would be another Detroit system guy.

He played in the olympics and he didn't play bad and he played in a different system.

chicagowhitesox
07-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Deng is a better player. I would not do that trade.
Deng averages more points, rebounds, steals, and has a better FG%. And only plays 1 more mpg. And He's 5 years younger. That trade is garbage.

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM

I agree.

kozelkid
07-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Deng is a better player. I would not do that trade.
Deng averages more points, rebounds, steals, and has a better FG%. And only plays 1 more mpg. And He's 5 years younger. That trade is garbage.

only problem is that prince also plays in a team full of good players while deng, not so much, meaning that prince's stats can be heavily deflated because of that. either way, I'd ratehr keep deng because he is the better investment BUT prince is still very good, and he is a top 5 defender, but like I said we have thabo for that so I'd prefer for this trade NOT to happen...

path2zion
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
You guys are right, I totally forgot Butler! And if Beasely comes out firing, that would mean (arguably) that Deng would not be in the top ten SF's in the east! Sure he's younger than most, but this will be his fifth season! He wants more money than most of those people are getting (on that list). So we pay him on potential? I really do love LU, but 12.5 my bumhole! People are defending him saying he is demanding the extra money for the Sudan, bahumbug! This is a professional sport, and we are working towards a championship. Let us keep the extra capspace, have JR make a large contribution thats not on the teams books, and lets be done with it. If not, package him with Kirk and whoever and let's start bidding on J Smith who wants to get out of ATL anyway... With Deng as part of the package we can potentially land a TMAC or Bynum or Iggy or or or.... dammit. : )

Vincent
07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
You guys are right, I totally forgot Butler! And if Beasely comes out firing, that would mean (arguably) that Deng would not be in the top ten SF's in the east! Sure he's younger than most, but this will be his fifth season! He wants more money than most of those people are getting (on that list). So we pay him on potential? I really do love LU, but 12.5 my bumhole! People are defending him saying he is demanding the extra money for the Sudan, bahumbug! This is a professional sport, and we are working towards a championship. Let us keep the extra capspace, have JR make a large contribution thats not on the teams books, and lets be done with it. If not, package him with Kirk and whoever and let's start bidding on J Smith who wants to get out of ATL anyway... With Deng as part of the package we can potentially land a TMAC or Bynum or Iggy or or or.... dammit. : )

He won't get 12.5 million, the market won't allow it.
12.5 million was just a starting negotiation, you always start high even if you know that's not what you're going to get.

path2zion
07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
only problem is that prince also plays in a team full of good players while deng, not so much, meaning that prince's stats can be heavily deflated because of that. either way, I'd ratehr keep deng because he is the better investment BUT prince is still very good, and he is a top 5 defender, but like I said we have thabo for that so I'd prefer for this trade NOT to happen...

And in the same vein, Deng's #'s should be better because of the lack of scoring and other things around him. I mean he's been playing with Wallace, Noah, and TT for the last 2 years, and only avg 16 or 17 points. Prince plays where he is the 4th option and close to equals that output while playing lockdown D
That being said, I essentially agree that I'd prefer to keep Deng (maybe emotionally)

kozelkid
07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
And in the same vein, Deng's #'s should be better because of the lack of scoring and other things around him. I mean he's been playing with Wallace, Noah, and TT for the last 2 years, and only avg 16 or 17 points. Prince plays where he is the 4th option and close to equals that output while playing lockdown D
That being said, I essentially agree that I'd prefer to keep Deng (maybe emotionally)

so?
deng played with hinrich and gordon
deng wont be a high scoring player if that's what you think he will be (aka melo, lebron, arenas). he isnt that type of player.
he's the kind who does great as a 3rd option, meaning while the best player is pressured (rose) he will be open and make those shots. now I agree he doesnt deserve 12.5mil and probably wont, btu he does derserve 10mil as a typical 3rd option which is exactly what he is.

path2zion
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm right there with you, but he's hurting the team right now by not taking the deal. Paxon is paryzed until he knows what's what with Deng, and we are losing out on opportunities to make moves with other parts of the roster.

Chicago Legends
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
man, if he want he wants is money for the sudan, would there be any way for the bulls to just make a charitable contribution and give him a lower salary? I think with all the PR the NBA needs right now, it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway...

DeShaun Brown
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
If it's them two straight up then I wouldn't mind I guess. But if we have to give up more then I say no. I guess I'd have to see the actual deal before I pass judgement.

BEARS+BULLS=:)
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Good trade for now but bad for the long run, plus i think Prince feeds of Rip, Billups, n Wallace. If he were on the bulls he would be put on lock he be more of our 2nd option scorer.